Chapter 10

“I had that dream again last night. We were on a game show called, ‘Perfect Love.’”

“I’ve never heard of it. What are you doing awake? I thought you’d be sleeping past noon.”

William shrugged, “It was the just a dream. I don’t think the fact that we were on a game show had any real significance; the theme of the dream was universal though. My heart was beating so fast and you—what are you doing?”

“Nothing.” She grinned before licking his nipple with the tip of her tongue again. “Go on, I’m listening.”

“Um,” William found it hard to refocus his train of thought. “Anyway, we were on ‘Perfect Love,’ and my life was in danger.”

“Did I save you?”

“Yes, actually you did, with an arrow.”

“An arrow? Huh, that’s interesting.” She moved down his body, leaving a wet trail behind her. “Did we win a car or something? An all expenses paid vacation? After this is all done we should go somewhere. Somewhere nice, just you, me and our money.” She reached the waistband of his pants and untied the strings. “I read something, somewhere about how to give the best blowjob, tell me if this works for you.”

“What? Wait.”

Buffy frowned when he took her hands away from his pajamas. “Wait for what? We can talk more about your dream later. You just lay back and let me do this for you.” After pressing his chest down, Buffy kissed him while her hands stroked him through his pants. “It’ll be fun, an adventure. I don’t think I’ve ever done this for someone I haven’t hated, maybe I won’t even gag this time and I’ll try to be gentle, that’s another thing I’m not used to but, I don’t want to hurt you.”

“Buff--.”

“Quiet, please. I need to concentrate I could miss a step and that would be horrible. I want to do this right for you William.” She laughed her hands never stopping their slow caresses to his semi-hard cock. “It’s sad how much I like saying your name…maybe not sad but definitely weird. By the way, this is step one,” smiling sweetly, she pulled his pants to his knees, “I think it was something like, hmmm? Rub him like a baby animal –about to be born and make him as hard as a rock? That sounds good, give or take a little. Sound good to you?”

William moaned in response, his eyes rolling to the back of his head.

“Hey now, one thing at a time. Moaning responses should be later, I think.” She alternated from looking at his face and then to the stiff cock in her hands; interested in the effect she was having on him. “Step two isn’t really something I do to you, it was a friendly reminder about no teeth and Popsicles. Sorry.”

“Forgiven.” He strained to speak after the first touch of her tongue. “God Buffy.”

“You can put your hands in my hair if you’d like, but don’t pull too hard or I’ll so kick your ass.” She moaned, proving her threat empty and harmless, enjoying the feel of his hands when they gently tugged at the roots of her hair. She reapplied her mouth to him and circled her thumb and forefinger around his cock, never letting her hand stray too far her lips as she stroked him. Looking up and locking eyes with William, when Buffy knew he was about to come; she sped up her actions; Buffy flatted her tongue against his shaft and relaxed her lips slightly while making swallowing motions, anticipating his release. With the help of few pulls from Buffy, William exploded, moaning her name.
***

“How did the arrow save you?” Buffy crawled back into William’s arms. She rested her head on his chest and listened, waiting for his heart slow back to a normal pace.

“It a shot a hole in my heart.”

“Ew. And this was a good dream? How did that save you?”

“Well, the dream keeps on showing up in pieces and I haven’t got that far.” William brushed her hair away and kissed her shoulder. “You keep me amazed at all times, you know that? Roll over a bit.”

“Why?” A hint of a whine in her voice, “You’re so comfortable.”

“I have a favor to return.”

“Oh. You don’t have to.”

“But I am.”

“Well if you insist I won’t stop you.”
***

“Are you ready?”

Buffy waited for him at the table. In front of her was a small soup bowl, a piece of paper and a thin stick. William saw something sharp catch the light as he leaned to kiss her on the top of her head. “For what, love?”

“To write a letter.”

She drew the razor blade across her forearm in a single confident stroke. At first there appeared to be no mark, then a thin line of dark blood began to ooze freely from the gash. Buffy held her arm out to let the blood drip into the bowl.

“Oh, oh no.” William struggled to maintain consciousness. When a small pool of Buffy’s blood had formed, he gave up his struggle and fell to the floor in a harsh thud.
***

“Needles?”

“Yes, blades and most blood also.”

Buffy cradled William’s head in her lap and applied a zip-lock bag of ice to the sore spot as he lay on the kitchen floor. “But you were fine when you shot Hank.”

“I wasn’t too fond of Hank, but you…you’re different.” He held her wounded arm and kissed her flesh toned band-aid.

“So you’re saying you fainted because you’re fond of me?”

“Yes and I can’t handle the thought of you hurt.”

“William, I’m really starting to like you, so, so more than I should.” She sighed and leaned down to kiss him. “This is more difficult than I anticipated, with you facing that way and me not facing that way,” she laughed out loud, determined to kiss him anyway, her lips touching any of his skin that she could reach. “You know, we’ll have a few days to kill because it’ll take awhile for the letter to reach my father.”

“What are you suggesting we do with our extra time?”

“I’m sure we’ll think of something.”
***

“You like your book.”

“I do not. It’s shit.”

“You’re rereading it, I know you are. Could Buffy even be reading more than just the sex scenes?”

“Shut up.” Buffy pretended to be annoyed by his teasing chuckle. “You’re sitting down there?”

“I am.” William scooted on the floor, resting his back against the bottom of Buffy’s chair, “If you don’t mind, that is.”

“I don’t,” she said pleased by his closeness. “You have pretty handwriting, especially for a guy, and a lefty at that.”

William looked over his shoulder, briefly closing his notebook. “I get that a lot. What can you read from up there? Everything? Word for word?”

“Why? You getting squirmy, William? I know you named her after me.”

William was silent for a few seconds as he searched for the right words to say. “Ah, do you have a problem with it? Me using your name? Because you have to admit that Buffy the Vampire Slayer has a bloody nice ring to it, don’t you think?”

“I’m ok with it.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I’m actually flattered.”

William grinned in relief, his smile growing as Buffy’s legs hugged his sides. “Can I run a new character idea by you? I won’t if you’re too busy pretending to hate your seedy romance novel.”

“Shut up and tell me.”

“Well, the slayer’s boy left and it broke her heart. She actually had to kill him but he came back, but not to her… it’s a long, painful story. So I think I’m going to add an arch in the story, that the slayer can only find happiness with an equal partner. None of that opposite attract shit; she needs a guy that is on her level, strength wise, humor wise and every other wise.”

“Strength wise? So she’ll go from vampire to vampire? Or are you bringing in a slayer boy?”

“No, no male slayers, that would ruin everything. I want her to shy away from other vampires in a romantic sense, looking for the clean cut, homey, Dawson’s Creek kind of--”

“Dawson’s Creek?”

“Shut up, Dru was into it. I saw it only in passing. The blonde was cute though.”

“Dawson?”

“No, Jen, the slutty one.”

“Only in passing, huh?”

“Shut up. Where was I? Oh getting the slayer a boyfriend. The Hardy Boy type just doesn’t do it for her. I’m thinking about bringing back an old character for her love interest.”

“A vampire?”

“Yeah but one different from her ex. The guy, Spike, he’s got a bit more depth to him. He was a poet before his transformation whereas the other guy was a drunken bastard. He doesn’t hide in the shadows and brood his life away, hell, he enjoys living and fighting and--.”

“Ok, let’s say you have her burnt by both versions of man, the undead and the living, leaving her unsure of where she’s destined to find love. Get that? Anyway, I like the vampire idea. But make sure this Spike guy is different, not only from her ex, but make him different from the normal vampire in general; like a superhuman compared to man but an extraordinary vampire, unusual. Give him human quirks; make her fall in love with him over a long period of time. And if the guy was a poet, make him love’s bitch.”

“Love’s bitch, huh? Like he loves her years before she does…that’s good because the character is a bad ass but he still struggles to be taken seriously and I think if the poet in him forces him to love the slayer, he’d lose his mind; the demon, pissed and disappointed and the poet wetting himself in her presence.”

“Sounds good. Oh and make Spike irresistible, so hot that she can have internal conflicts all around the fact that if he wasn’t a vampire, she would have jumped him at first glance.”

“I’ll remember that. You make this story so much easier to write, pet. I talk to you for a mere seconds and I’m buzzing and ready to write for days.”

“You can write for the next week if you’d like. We’ll be here until next Thursday.”

“What happens on Thursday?”

“Our second attempt at getting the money.”

“Great.”

“William, don’t…”

“I’m not.”

“William.” She got up and crouched on the floor before him. “It’ll be different this time. I’ll be with you.”

“Will that be safe?”

“We’ll have the exchange there, me for the money.”

“You’ll go back, to him.”

Buffy sighed and climbed into William’s lap. “I’d meet you after Hank settles down.”

“You think he’ll settle down? Even if he did, it could be months or maybe years down the road. A lot can happen in that length of time.” A bitter taste filled his mouth, thinking that Buffy could return to her life of being a spoiled rich girl, leaving him as nothing but a memory.

A fling with the cleaning boy, a brief tryst with the help…

Buffy saw the fear in his eyes and her heart stung. “William, I’ll keep you safe by working against Hank under his nose and then the moment I can, I’ll find you and then we’ll be off.” She wrapped her arms around his tense and unyielding body. “But you’ve got to promise that once you’re an instant millionaire that you’ll remember me. Before you crashed into Hank’s office he cut me off from everything. I have nothing; I’ll have nothing. So in the next few days I’ll try my hardest to make sure you won’t forget about me.”

“How could I? Really?”

She shrugged, burying her head into his chest, “Like you said, a lot can happen in months and even more can happen in years.”

“Buffy until now I thought you were the most intelligent woman I’ve ever meet but talk like that makes me think you’ve gotta screw loose. I can’t get enough of you Buffy. And how long have we known get other? Not very long and I’m already addicted.”

“Maybe you’re the insane one now.”

“Maybe but that makes us one and the same, now doesn’t it?” Not waiting for her answer, William kissed her with all the passion he could muster, hoping that Buffy would sense something more.

“My God William, where did you learn to kiss like that?”

“It’s a gift.” He gasped for breath along with her before kissing her again.
***

“You sure you want to know?”

“I’m curious, yes, I want to know who you’re comparing me to.”

“Ok,” Buffy closed her eyes in deep thought, “Scott was nice: extremely wealthy, honorable, amusing, and generous.”

“And?”

“Eighty-seven years old.”

“No.”

“He was healthy for his age.”

“I see.”

“He took me on my first date, my father set us up. Hank saw it as a wonderful investment in his future.”

“I hate your father more and more with each passing day.”

“Me too. Then there was Parker. One night stand. Worlds of bad, heart break. He was there for me when I had trouble with my teeth.”

“Your teeth?”

“Dentist.”

“I see.”

“Do you really?” Buffy laughed and played with the hem of William’s shirt. “Next came Riley, my Dawson’s Creeker: very rich and completely detached from my father’s world. Our relationship was kept from my father, all in secret because I desperately wanted it to work. My prince charming turned stalker and that was a really messy break up. And you know who’s next…Angel.”

“I really hate that bastard.”

“So do I. I was on a do or die mission to hurt my father. He was pressuring me to marry another guy, Wesley Price.”

“Wesley Wyndham Price? The city’s richest, eligible bachelor?”

“And the city’s biggest prick. What you saw in the office with Angel…I made sure Hank saw it; I set the whole thing up. It was taped.”

“It did seem a little fake. You don’t scream like that with me.”

“No, with you I can’t even speak.” Buffy shifted on his lap, remembering how his talented tongue and fingers had made her feel earlier that day. She cleared her throat, “I’m sorry about that whole thing, that you had to see me with Angel and that you lost your job. I've been meaning to say that for awhile now--.”

“But if those things hadn’t have happened, where would I be? I think everything worked out well, just minus the terrifying, near-death experiences of course.”

“Of course.” Buffy smiled, “Thank you for saying that. It means a lot.”

“Anytime, pet.”
***