A/N:
For those of you reading There’s a Place and/or Little by Little, I think it’s safe to say that these stories are on vacation while I finish Dirty Work. (It shouldn’t be too long, I promise) But don’t be surprised if there’s a chapter of the others in the near future, I can change my mind right? ;) I think you all can guess that’s it’s bugging me that Little by Little hasn’t been updated in awhile but we won’t get into that. ;)

Review if you’d like.

Hopefully you’re enjoying this story as much as I am.

Chapter 11

“I know what you did when you thought I wasn’t looking.” Buffy looked at William accusingly and hooked her arm with his as they walked side-by-side in the clearing near the house. Feeling restless, both had agreed that stretching their legs would be nice after an afternoon of sitting, writing, and talking. “You cleaned the stain that was in the hallway.”

“You noticed?”

“How did you do it? I didn’t see any cleaning stuff and you know I’ve looked through the entire house… I need pointers because; don’t get mad, Hank pretty much gave me your job before all the fun kidnapping started. It was my punishment, me being a janitor.”

“I don’t see you as a janitor.”

“I don’t see you as a janitor.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Stop repeating what I say. First of all, it was a red wine stain in the carpet and that’s deadly if treated badly. All it took to get it up was a spray bottle of water and one teaspoon of dishwashing liquid. Slightly shake the mix and evenly spray the area. It’s all about blotting, which should be done with a white rag. And as a helpful hint, never saturate the area, it never does the spot any good, it just makes you curse more when you step in the puddle.” He stopped them and stood in front of her. “Second, there’d be no way that you could replace me, princess. You’d have one day of Harris and urinals and you’d running, looking for cover.”

“I could do it. Just cover me head to toe in plastic and give me one of those face masks and I’m your girl.”

“Bah. Plastic’s for poofters.”

“Poofters? I don’t wanna know. Let’s keep on walking, it’s nice out. Tell me who or what a Harris is.” She took his hand and led him farther into the night.

“Alexander Harris, he and I started on the job only months apart. I hate his guts but he was someone to talk to. I liked being around him sometimes just because his life was shittier than mine and it made me feel better about myself hearing him piss and moan all day.” He glanced to see if Buffy would think less of him. “I know it’s horrible, but it’s true.”

“I think we all do that but not very many people admit it.” Buffy shrugged, “Did you always want to be a writer, William? From the beginning?”

“Um, looking back…no. I dreamed about being a number of things and of seeing the world one step at time…I never really made up my mind until it was too late and I was broke and needed money fast. So I wrote most of the time and started at Summers to pay the bills. So what did you want to be? Or was it princess from the day you were born, your majesty?”

Buffy laughed and hit his arm. “Ballerina, artist, actress, ice skater… I couldn’t make up my mind either. I wanted to do anything and see everything. I just never could put my mind to one thing. I had lots of phases…I guess you could say that I’m a dreamer.”

“That makes two of us. But I think you should try taking up acting, you nearly killed me during the entire Richie affair.”

“Aw, that was nothing. It all came very naturally to me.”

“Really? Don’t answer that.” William bit his tongue, not willing to ruin their moment with a stupid question.

Of course she wouldn’t see us married in the future, only I would be that daft. Why step into that heartache? Just shut up, mate and take your romantic stroll under the stars for what it is, just a way for her to kill time.

“Yeah the whole deal was farfetched wasn’t it? That we’d be married and that you are a world-famous musician? Yeah right.”

“Hey--”

“Don’t ‘hey’ me. I wasn’t finished. Besides you’ll be famous after you release your book. It’ll blow people away. You’ll automatically skyrocket into fame and fortune and I’ll be nothing to you but a paragraph in your autobiography. That bloody, Buffy Summers, that spoiled bitch that forced me into kidnapping her and into becoming a criminal, blah, blah, blah.”

“Spoiled bitch? No, that’s too harsh. How about siren from my dreams luring me one step at a time to a destruction of my own doing?”

“God, William, I’m sure by now you know talk like that will so get you laid.”

“Will it? Let’s go back to the house then.” William quickly spun them around and upped their pace. “I have loads more where that came from. Let’s see, how about you’re the…”
***

This is…

“God.”

Buffy was pushed against the door and her shirt was pulled over her head.

It’s good to see that he’s not afraid to take control of… of a situation.

She gasped as his fingers and mouth overwhelmed her, tending to her body all at once.

“William.”

Oh no, this is…

Her eyes flickered as her pants were unbuttoned and yanked from her hips.

“William, we need to go inside…”

“We will. Soon. But not now.” He fell to his knees and kissed along the elastic band of her underwear.

His deep, lust-filled voice made her break out in shivers and her vaginal muscles clench. Biting her lip, she tried to muffle the moan that erupted once his hand cupped her ass.

I’m seconds away from being naked on the porch; he’s going to fuck me on the porch and I’m seconds away from letting him.

“William…God, don’t stop, shit, I mean, stop. Stop. Todd.”

“Todd? Who’s that?”

Taking advantage of his moment of confusion, Buffy pulled his head up from her stomach and pointed out into the distance. “Todd. Remember? Creepy neighbor man? We just talked about Richie…Todd?”

“Todd.” He looked Buffy up and down and blushed and unhooked his thumbs from the edges of her underwear. “Sorry, I, ah, guess I got carried away. Sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry. I want you too.” Her eyes never leaving his, Buffy reached behind her and opened the door to the house. “Let’s go inside, we can give Todd a show some other day but I think tonight we don’t need an audience.”
***

“Um, where were we?” William inched closer, not knowing how to act.

“Don’t be nervous.” Buffy stood in the front of the bed in her bra and underwear, successfully hiding any signs of anxiety. She took his hands and rested them on her hips. “You were about to take these off, I think.”

“And you?”

“Well, I was about…” She cupped his face with the palms of her hands, “To kiss you because of just how attractive you looked with your boyish grin and your blushing face.” She stood on her tiptoes and leaned against him, touching her lips to his. Breaking their contact before a real kiss could take place and looking into his eyes, she handed him the opportunity to take charge again. “I want you, William.”
****

William took his cue with great enthusiasm, crushing her closer and moving his hands up, unhooking the clasp of her bra.

God, I love everything about this girl. God, I love her.

William’s pant grew heavier, realizing how he truly felt. As Buffy squirmed underneath him William’s heart beat faster.

She’ll never feel the same and even if she did, she’d never admit… I’ve learned that much.

“William--.”

He kissed her silent and slid a finger between her nether lips.

I know she wants me, that much is evident but will she ever allow herself to feel more? What if I don’t get the money? I’d have nothing to give her.

He quickened the intensity his strokes, making them longer, slower and making sure her clit was brushed against each time. He moved his kisses from her mouth to her shoulder and neck, longing to hear her moans and whimpers.

“Buffy, you’re beautiful.”

Little steps, I guess that’s the only way I’ll be able to handle this…using actions to replace the words. She’ll run away at my words, I know that…but bloody hell, I love her.

“So are you.”

He grinned, knowing that helped his case a bit. “Thank you, love.”

Keeping his finger in the same spot, he began sliding it up and down at a faster speed; a few grunts and nails digging into his shoulders rewarded him for his actions.

“Buffy, you’re incredible.”

She nodded frantically, so close to her climax, her nearing orgasm teasing her and promising to be mind shattering. “You—oh God, you too.”

At William’s quiet ‘Thank you” Buffy’s release stopped creeping and pounced in full force.

“Oh, God! William!”

I’ll just show her how I feel, I have about a week, and I’ll make the most of it.

Before her body had stopped trembling completely, withdrew his finger and filled her again with his cock. He remained still and watched, anxious to see or hear her reaction.

“Oooh,” she moaned with her eyes tightly closed.

“You alright?”

“Yes.”

“Good.” He caught an erect nipple with his mouth and pushed into her farther, to the hilt. Buffy met his rocking movements head-on and wrapped her legs around him with all her strength, still trying to bring him closer.

“Buffy, I—fuck, you feel so good.”

“So do you.”

William bit his lip and fought back the need to proclaim his feelings; instead he focused all his energy on making love to the woman beneath him.
***

“Ok, so it wasn’t just the alcohol.” Buffy stretched and yawned. “That’s good to know.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well,” she covered them both with the quilt and rolled to face him, “Alcohol can make wonky things happen and…I guess what I’m saying is, sober or not, sex with you is definitely of the good.”

“Of the good, huh?”

“Are you making fun of me?”

“Of course not.”

“You’d better not be or I’ll--.”

“You’ll what? Kick my ass?”

“Shut up.”

“Shut up, see, there’s another saying you beat with a bloody stick.”

“Well, well you say bloody all the time and you say shut up just as much as I do.”

“Do not.”

“Do too.”

“Do not, you behave, princess or I’ll be taking my unwonky and of the good sex godliness elsewhere.”

“Yeah right, try it.”

“Maybe I will but not now,” William’s hand found her nipple and he brushed against it with the pad of his thumb, “I’m not done with you yet.”
***

Buffy woke up the next morning and inhaled deeply.

This is what I was denied the first time.

If he moves a muscle, I’ll kill him, even if he wants to do something sweet like…like anything, I don’t care, I need my fucking cuddle.

Opening her eyes, Buffy smiled and saw that William’s hand was cupping her breast. She placed her hand on his and snuggled into William’s body.

“Hmmm, good morning, love.”

“Did I wake you?”

“No, I think I’m falling into your schedule.”

“Oh, sorry. I’ve always been a morning person, I guess, but it wasn’t my plan to change you too.”

“That’s quite alright, who wants to sleep the day away anyway?” He chuckled and kissed shoulder and squeezed her breast.

“God, are you always horny?”

“What? No. Well…no, I was just…ah, saying good morning.”

“Saying good morning?” She grinned out of his field of vision but tried to sound annoyed, “I didn’t think people say good morning with their hands and with their tongues.”

“Sure they do. Waving and talking.”

Buffy turned to face him, “Shut up.”

“Make me. You know that was bloody brilliant there now wasn’t it?”

Buffy gave up and patted him of the head, “Sure, sure. Good William. You’re brilliant.” She laughed and kissed his cheek.
***