Epilogue

The wedding took place about two months later, in a castle in Scotland. It was a simple affair attended only by a small handful of family and friends, including a newly engaged Xander Harris and Anya Jenkins, and a newly reunited Rupert Giles and Joyce Summers. Following the wedding, Buffy and William stayed in the castle for a two-week long honeymoon.

William and Buffy returned to the States until the birth of their first child, Anne. A paternity test proved that William was indeed Anne’s father. The couple moved out of Xander’s basement to a small but comfortable apartment. All plans of leaving for England were put on hold until future notice.

Buffy continued to help her husband write his novel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which ended up becoming a very popular mini-series. A few months after the first book’s release, a television show based on the adventures of the Slayer was put in the works. The show, also entitled, “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” ran for a full seven seasons, becoming a cult classic, spawning a number of spin-off shows and similar programming.

Buffy Summers ended up selling most of her father’s estate and company. The profits she gave to charity however she did retain a modest amount of wealth, allowing her to be able to support William in the early stages of publishing his novel.

***

Buffy brushed her hair while looking into the mirror, only the roaring fireplace lighted their cozy bedroom.

“So, William, you’re telling me that successful relationships are made only with help from divine intervention? We couldn’t have found each other by ourselves?”

“Oh, Buffy,” William appeared in the mirror’s reflection. He pulled her back against his body. “You’re so warm, love. I’ll miss our Anne but she’ll be in good hands, yeah? Rupert and Joyce will take good care of her.” He nipped at Buffy’s ear, before pushing his lips against the soft skin beneath her earlobe. “I get you all to myself…”

“You never answered my question, baby. We were having a deep conversion about the mystery of life and…love.” She moaned, as William’s hand slowly slid down her body. Her robe slid off her shoulders and pooled around her ankles.

“We don’t just have a ‘successful relationship.’ A successful relationship is nothing but two people being prepared to tolerate each other’s imperfections--.”

“And you don’t do that?” Buffy leaned into his touch. She put her hand over his as it rested on her curved, full belly.

“Sure we do but we have so much more than just that. We have love, Buffy. And it comes from somewhere wonderful, somewhere we don’t know about.”

“Like heaven?”

“Could be. Turn for me, kitten.”

Buffy smiled as William’s mouth traveled from her neck down to her full breasts. “And… and you don’t believe that love is just an emotional feeling that attaches itself to sex and to the need of being physical with another--.”

“Of course, I don’t. Fate intervenes in people’s lives.”

“In ours?” Buffy asked, pulling William’s face to hers.

“Yes.” He moaned between kisses. They continued to kiss as William nudged them closer to their unmade bed. “Fate brought us together and kept us together.”

“Fate had a strange way of making its point.” Once Buffy fell into bed, her hands concentrated on the tie of William’s flannel pajama pants.

“That’s part of the beauty of it,” William gasped as Buffy’s fingertips brushed and caressed his hard erection. “Love is a strange and beautiful creation, accountable to no one.”

“You were nearly killed.” Buffy added quietly.

“Buffy,” William pulled his pants off completely before lying beside her. “But I wasn’t. We have our Anne and another bit of sweetness on the way…and we are here Buffy. We were meant to be. We were written in the stars. All those romantic ideals and hogwash, all that applies to us, love.”

“It’s a nice thought but to many is may seem irrational, maybe a little bit absurd.”

“I know that, kitten. But I believe it and I can tell by your eyes that you do too.”

“Of course I do,” Buffy rolled over, straddling William’s hips. “And you said you were a rotten poet, baby.”

“Well, it comes and it goes, my poetic genius, you see. Now if I tried to put all that on paper…”

Buffy interrupted him, kissing him quiet, before guiding him deep into her wetness. “Mmmm, I love you, William.”

“I love you too, Buffy.”
***

And they lived happily ever after.

The End.


A/N:
It's over. :( I loved it. I own nothing. All Joss and John. Special thanks to many. Especially leianneae, the super beta :D Please leave a review.