Author's Chapter Notes:


NEW! This story has been nominated for the Sire and Child award at Cradle of Humanity!

WARNING: This one is kinda bitter, and more than a little sarcastic toward some characters. If you think this fic is at all OOC for Buffy, then that's because it prolly is, especially with the situation that she finds herself in after Sensation. These are my moods coming to light through Buffy ^_^ With that said, please enjoy!



one




It all comes down to the First.

Her turning is the direct result of that fucktard’s manipulation of her Sire.

Actually... she prefers things this way.

She’s happy, for once – happy, and confident, and stronger and prouder. She’s magnificent – as delicate and beautiful as spun sugar, yet as violent and deadly as a black widow spider. She is the stuff of legends made real, and the world would be wise to cower at her feet.

They -- it -- The First (or whatever) had thought that by getting Spike to turn the active Slayer, by making her become that which she most hated, that she would be driven insane and destroy herself. Then what would stand in the way of Complete, Undiluted Evil taking over the world?

It hadn't anticipated that she would embrace it. That her natural lust for the hunt would broaden and make itself better known through the eyes of the demon she hunted.

Simply put? The First fucked up.

Oddly enough, like her Sire, she retains everything from before – her level of actual physical humanity has, of course, diminished, but her personality traits, the way she thinks, the people she cares for – it’s all still there. She’s just a lot more bloodthirsty. She even recently admitted to her Sire that she was endlessly turned on by the kill – the hunt, the showdown, whether it was him she was watching, or her that was partaking in the beat down – the result was always the same.

She gets hot.

Her physical traits have not altered either. She is still small and blonde, and she plays up the stereotype that comes with the look. People the world over look at people like her and dismiss her as a non-entity. She’s just a little girl, she’s just a SoCal blonde, she’s not a threat, I could break her in half.

Always make the enemy underestimate you. Her Sire has taught her this lesson, and she has learned it and used it well. When the enemy underestimates you, the odds are in your favor.

Even more fortunate for her, her Sire is one of the most powerful beings on earth – not just physically, but intellectually – and had wanted her to be more powerful as well. Unlike her last dalliance with a muscle-bound meathead of a clone to her first love, an empowered woman who is physically more powerful than Spike is becomes a colossal turn-on. The original essence of her blood, combined with the legendary essence that she drank from the intimate cradle of his neck has made her a true force to be reckoned with.

Naturally, her Sire finds it incredibly arousing, as stated before, and never hesitates to find a moment in which to show her – repeatedly – what it does to him.

The natural give-and-take flow of their relationship, the inherent sharing between two of their line, ensures that she is not the one with all of the power – he has his own fair share. That ancient power that still lies in her blood and body is constantly switched over to him with a single sip from her neck, and as a result, he tends to be even more destructive than he usually is. And their sex life?

Knocking down a building can’t even compare anymore.

Anya and Dawn are the only ones who know about the difference in the Slayer’s diet. Dawn because she had accidentally walked in on Buffy just as her newly-turned sister had lunged for Spike’s neck, and Anya because they needed someone they trusted – not Willow – to hide the obviousness of a vampy Slayer from the rest of the group. Anya hadn’t been alive for over eleven hundred years without being practiced in at least some magical arts. Glamours, shields, and notice-me-nots – the vengeance demon has even managed to find a way to screen Buffy’s deadness from the Council’s radar.

What was left of them, anyway.

Plus, it helped that some natural vampire deficiencies had gone wonky with her turning. She could walk in sunlight for one. The glamour Anya had cast – fifty times more powerful and effective than anything Willow could cast – simulated a heartbeat and pulse, as well as the warm flush of blood against skin. Advantages included not being found out as a literal Vampire Slayer and being staked without mercy by your “friends.” Disadvantages… well, the charm had to be renewed every two weeks, but that in itself was more of an advantage than anything anyway.

Why had they considered Willow such an all-powerful witch again?

Buffy had also officially laid down the law with Xander and Giles – she was Spike’s, Spike was hers, if anyone had anything bad to say about it, human or not, they would see the business end of Mr. Pointy the 503rd©. At Xander’s first outburst despite the warning, Buffy’s eyes had flashed and within two shakes of a lamb’s tail – or at least, two blinks of Dawn’s eyelashes – he had been on the table with Buffy’s hand gripped tightly around his throat. She hadn’t choked him – he was Xander, after all, she had still known him since she was sixteen – but she had made the point incredibly clear to both her Glorified Bricklayer and her stuffy Watcher. Insult my sanity, insult me, insult or hurt Spike, and you die.

Xander let his grudge go pretty quickly after that, although she can still see his petulance every once in a while when he glances at the blonde vampire. Giles still gives her and Spike pained, disappointed looks every time he glances their way, but she ignores him.

She misses Tara badly these days. The blonde witch would have had a few right choice words to say to the group about their attitudes – particularly Willow, who seems to believe that there is some part of the Buffy and Spike relationship that is her fault, something that Xander seems keen on believing as well.

She also misses Tara because Tara was the first one to even know of the potential of a Buffy/Spike relationship.

If Slayers – or vampires… or Slayer-ish Vampires – had the power to raise the dead, Tara would be the first one out of the ground. Unless she was in Heaven, which she probably was. In which case, Buffy would leave her body alone. If she could just figure out that summoning spirits thingy that they did on Charmed that let the Halliwell matriarchs come back for all the guest shots...

Regardless of the new vampy-ness of her, Buffy still rises to the occasion and slays. And her poor Sire still has spacey moments when the First Evil tries to sink her – his – its? – claws in. And then, there’s the complete moronic-ness of that little “villain” Andrew, and the way-too-gung-ho-for-slaying deal of Principal Robin Wood. Turns out, his mom was a Slayer. And a vampire (surprise!) killed his mom.

Is there seriously a problem here?

Nikki Wood died a warrior’s death – she was killed fighting the very creature she’d been trained all her life to fight. A Slayer wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. Besides, if Nikki hadn’t died, where would Buffy be now? Not Chosen, probably – most certainly not spending those enjoyable nights bouncing on her darling Spike’s cock.

The First Evil’s hold on her man’s mind is really starting to piss her off. She wishes for a way to make It corporeal so that she can tear it limb from limb. Also, the possessing of familiar dead forms thing was really freaky – she didn’t think she’d handle it as well as Dawn did when the thing had appeared to her as Mom.

As it was, Buffy had to settle for tearing apart the First’s minions – the Bringers – before they could get a hold of the Council’s Potentials. The Potentials that Giles was currently rounding up and shifting into Buffy’s house.

That was kind of pissing her off, too. Giles still owned the bungalow he’d lived in before he’d moved back to England, why couldn’t he just throw the girls in there? Better yet, couldn’t Xander take some of them to his apartment? Just because Buffy owned an actual house that had room and stuff, why did that mean she had to play host?

After dealing with nothing but whiny, chatty girls – and Kennedy, who was destined to hit rock-bottom following a colossal power trip (and who had a way-too-obvious Willow-obsession) – for three straight weeks, Buffy had been fed up. She’d packed up her things, as well as Spike’s and Dawn’s, and they’d taken over the abandoned house down the road.

It's not like the owners are coming back for it. They sure as hell had left in a hurry.

Bonus points? It's far enough away that the rest of the Scoobies won't take over it, but close enough that they can still talk shop.

Now if they could just figure out how the hell The First was controlling her boyfriend, Buffy would have it made.


End Part 1