Author's Chapter Notes:
My first shorter story. I hope you enjoy. This is not beta-ed but short and reread twice so hopefully there isn't too many mistakes. I just can't post on the other one until someone looks at it. I have two stories out plus The Wish. So read if you aren't offended by non-betaed things.

PS: I'll get this betaed eventually but i really wanted my larger fictions to be betaed first. Enjoy!

PSS: If anyone out there is interested in betaing for me I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Prologue: The Truth Hurts



Buffy sat up in bed holding her blanket to her chest and said, “Every time you show up like this, you risk all of your parts, you know that?”

Spike ignored her comment and said, “I wouldn’t be here, if I didn’t have a good reason.”

He scoffed and continued, “As usual I’m here to help you, and I” he gets distracted, as he states in curiosity, “Are you naked under there?”

Buffy looked annoyed, “Get out” while rolling her eyes.

He raises his eyebrow and tried to defend himself, “No I’m serious” as he noticed her giving him a look and said, “I mean, not about the naked part, I mean…”

He craned his neck trying to see under the blanket.

Buffy started to loose patience as she says, “Get out or I will drop you out head-first.”

Spike lowered his voice speaking intensely as he looked her in the eyes, “I want to show you something.”

Buffy looked into his eyes realizing he is serious and replied, “What?”

She didn’t know why she trusted Spike but she did and wanted to see what was so serious that he would risk being staked by her to inform her of it.

Spike tilted his head up knowing what he must do, “You need to see this.”

Part of him knew he shouldn’t show her and possibly hurt her but another part looking out for his best interests knew what was going on would only get worse in time. Sure she might not like him for what he was about to do but he couldn’t have Buffy put herself at risk.

Buffy let out a sigh and he knew she was giving in.

Spike knew time was of the essence as he stated, “But we need to move if we want to get there in time.”

Buffy raised one of her eyebrows at him since she was naked and she couldn’t get dressed in front of him.

He scoffed and felt his body react as he covered it up saying, “Oh please! Like I give a bloody damn.”

He turned around hiding his agony as he rolled his eyes at himself forcing himself not to peek.

Spike still had parts of William in him that didn’t allow him to be purely evil. He always chose to ignore how Angelus had said Dru didn’t turn him quite right and didn’t remove the humanity fully from his system.

Buffy got dressed and said, “Okay so what have you got to show me?”

Spike waited as she exited the door first and together they walked down the stairway.

He walked down the stairs with her by his side and around the corner of her house.

Together they walked in silence until when they were close to their destination, Buffy started to get nervous.

He had brought her to a very bad part of town and it was a part of town that she didn’t even patrol in alone.

She knew he wouldn’t really try to hurt her or at least hoped that but part of her trusted that.

If Spike was after killing her, she doubted he would have gone to all this trouble and looked so seriously disturbed by what he was about to tell her.

He also had been quiet this whole walk instead of distracting her with words which also told her this was serious business.

Buffy looked up at him with curiosity shining in her eyes and said, “Are we almost there?”

Spike nodded pointing to the metal gate that was close to the entrance.

Without another word, they walked around the gate to the stairway. Buffy studied her surrounding not liking the feel of the area of town.

They climbed the stairs together and Spike always the gentleman opened the door for her.

Her vamp senses went off like crazy and these were not nice comforting vampire tingles like Spike’s but instead harsh tingles that gave her the willies.

She heard Spike shut the door and carefully looked around and was appalled at what she saw.

There were vampires sucking on humans that weren’t fighting. She wanted to run screaming but instead heard Spike’s voice saying, “Don’t stop Slayer. This isn’t what we are here for.”

The room looked a mess. Old bathtubs and chairs filled the room as well as trash. The place was horrible and smelt like blood and sweat.

Buffy was horrified as she heard pleasure groans and gasps mixed with pain and growls of the vampires who were doing the sucking.

She had never imagined things like this existed.

More importantly, she couldn’t figure out why Spike would bring her here.

She glanced around the room and noticed two male vampires and one was tucking money away.

She realized at that moment, that vampires must get paid to suck blood from humans.

She shivered a little but tried to be brave as she turned around to get some kind of comfort from Spike.

He nodded for her to go up the stairs. Buffy hoped he followed as she felt very uncomfortable in this place but did as he asked.

She didn’t even stop to think why she was listening to him.

He could have been leading her into a trap but she somehow knew he wasn’t.

She felt uneasy as she walked towards the stairs not knowing what was upstairs.

Buffy felt safe as she felt Spike’s master tinges temporarily covering up the more minor tingles of the other vampires.

She knew if needed, he’d save her from the vampire so she pushed on.

She was so nervous she barely even noticed when a larger vampire stopped Spike demanding from him, “What do you think you’re doing?”

Spike shrugged saying, “Just having a little look, mate. Keep it down.”

Spike turned to walk away but the vampire stopped him again repeating, “You can’t go up there.”

Spike got mad and grabbed the vampire by the neck shoving him to the ground saying, “I said keep it down.”

Buffy watched the whole thing from the stairs knowing she was right in thinking Spike would protect her.

She continued walking up the stairs with Spike close behind her.

She wanted to ask him what this was all about but knew he had said she must see for herself.

Together they walked down the trash-ridden hallway and then she stopped looking at him.

He nodded towards the door encouraging her to walk in.

She was nervous but did as he bid looking back once to make sure he still had her back uncertain as to what she might find.

Obviously whatever it was couldn’t be that bad if he was keeping his distance from her.

She hesitated before opening the door feeling Spike’s comforting presence behind her as she saw a horrible sight.

In front of her was Riley half naked sitting on the floor with his wrist out towards a female vampire who was sucking on his wrist.

Buffy was disgusted as she heard Riley say in a strong voice, “Harder!”

Before she could stop herself she let out a sound of horror and watched as Riley and the vampire looked up to see her.

The vampire apparently was undisturbed as she continued to suck his blood.

Buffy could do nothing more than to stand in horror and watch the scene play out in front of her.

She heard him say her name and she knew couldn’t stay. She couldn’t watch this and she knew nothing he could say would make it go away.

She panicked and ran from the room. Riley called out her name again from some far away place and she pushed a large vampire out of the way not even watching as he slammed into the wall.

Spike passed her by her not noticing her blending in with the wall under he sensed her behind him.

He stopped and looked back at her and she looked at him feeling so she shell-shocked.

Spike started to talk to her saying, “I thought you should know…”

Buffy looked at him giving him a fierce look because she was upset at Riley. She couldn’t handle this and Spike had been the one who had showed her this horrible place.

Spike looks at her in shock and she couldn’t take it or stand to have him look at her knowing what she was dating.

She took one last look at him and ran away thinking what did Spike expect.

She kept running until she reached home. She closed the door behind her and crawled into her bed aiming to sleep so she could forgot this horrible night.