Author's Chapter Notes:
I got really bored after a Disney movie marathon and this is what happened.

Set sometime during season 6 before Seeing Red
“Spike Get Up!” The slayer crashed through the door of his crypt, stopping to glare at the bleach-blond vampire lounging in the easy chair.

“Bloody hell Slayer! Can’t a man get some sleep around here?” Spike quickly appreciated the way her blonde hair bounced as she walked towards him.

“You’re not a man, Spike, you’re a thing! Anyway that’s not the reason I’m here.”
Spike gave her a suggestive leer as he took a step towards her, his fingers reaching out for the hem of her shirt.

“Ugh not that Spike! Look there’s a demon or something that’s causing everyone to start spouting Disney lines.”
Spike burst out laughing, arms clutched around his mid-section as he hunched over.

“It’s not funny Spike.” She crossed her arms over her chest as she watched the sputtering vampire.

“I’d say it is. Sunnydale spitting off bloody lines of Disney movies. That‘s bloody priceless.” Spike struggled to regain his composure before continuing. “ Have you wished upon a star luv?”

“Y-you infuriating… What we’ve got here is a failure to communicate.” Buffy frowned as she realized she’d just quoted a duck in a sailors outfit.

“Did you just quote a duck luv?” He tilted his head to the side and smiled when she shifted to her other foot.

“C’mon I told Giles that I’d come get you. The faster we get to the Magic Box the faster we can fix this.”

“You know how to whistle, don’t you. You just put your lips together and blow.”

“Ok dwarf-boy. Let’s go before this gets any worse.” She stopped and took a look at his chest, proudly on display.

“Toga, toga.”

“What was that pet?”

“Put on a shirt” Buffy shook her head before tearing her eyes from his exposed chest, her minding wandering to places it really shouldn’t.

“Could of sworn you were quoting Mary Poppins there.” He gave her a small smirk before grabbing the black t-shirt and his duster.

The walk to the Magic Box was made in complete silence with only the loud ding of the bell that alerted the Scoobies to their arrival.

“I see dead people” The rest of the group turned towards Giles, who was frantically rubbing at his glasses.
“Bloody hell. I don’t know where that came from.”

Xander finally noticing the blonde pair standing near the counter, a little too close for his liking decided to comment. “You know you want to kiss the girl” His eyes bugged. That was not what he wanted to say.

“For with each dawn, she found new hope that someday, her dreams of happiness would come true.”

“Well at least you’re quoting a Princess and not a duck like big sis here” Spike gave Dawn a quick smile as he gestured over his shoulder at the blond.

“Buffy was quoting a duck? Which one? Daffy or Donald?” Dawn chuckled in the background until the Slayer glared in her direction effectively putting a stop to any further humiliation.

“Giles! We have to do something!” Buffy pouted at her watcher, who was still cleaning his glasses.

“Luv, watcher’s got all the rest of the little scoobies searching for an answer. Not much we can do.”
Spike ducked his head as the slayer turned and glared at him before opening her mouth to speak.

“No one can have a higher opinion of you than I have, and I think you’re a slimy, contemptible sewer rat!” She paused a moment before jumping up and down. “Hey! I got one I liked this time.”

“Yes, Buffy. We’re all so proud of you.” Giles turned back towards the books on the table.

“Grab a book and start” Giles waved carelessly at the books.
Buffy grabbed Spike’s hand and pulled him into the back training room.

“We need to find whatever’s doing this. Otherwise I think everything might go BOOM like with the mayor and all the badness there… and why are you looking at me funny?”

“Look, you’re really cute, but I can’t understand what you’re saying” Spike shook his head.

“You realize you just quoted a fish right?” At Spike’s nod she continued “ When I’m with you, I-I don’t feel so alone.”
Any reply he had was interrupted by a crashing sound from the front of the shop.
Both running to the front of the shop, they both glanced at each other and back to the robed purple demon.

“I’m a damsel. I’m in distress. I can handle this. Have a nice day.” Buffy spun and kicked the demon, falling to her butt when the demon grabbed her leg and dropped her.
The group stopped moving when the demon opened its mouth, revealing dripping yellowed fangs.

“Eating greens is a special treat. It makes long ears and great big feet. But it sure is awful stuff to eat.”
Everyone turned simultaneously to the person next to them.

“Did he just quote a bloody rabbit?”

“Why did you say rabbit? Ahh! He’s a bunny-rabbit demon!” Anya flew behind the counter, ducking her head under her arms in an effort to protect herself.

As swiftly as the demon entered, he exited just as quickly.

“Bloody hell. I should have known it’s a Quafflak demon.” Giles shifted through a book and pointed to the picture of the demon.

“It’s an Afflack demon. Like the insurance company?” Buffy shrugged when Giles glared at her.

“Yes, that’s exactly it. We were hunted down by an insurance company” Giles replied sarcastically.
Buffy mumbled under her breath, barely loud enough for the vampire beside her to hear.

Later at Spike’s crypt…

Buffy lay with her head resting on Spike’s chest after a bout of lovemaking. His blue eyes caught her own green ones before he went to speak.

“No matter what happens, I’ll always be with you. Forever.” All it took was a single Disney quote for her fears to melt away at the sincerity of his voice.

Las Vegas, Nevada… Hotel Room
The purple demon watched in his crystal ball, as the slayer and vampire came to terms with their relationship, nodding to himself in delight.

All it took was a purple demon and a couple of Disney quotes to fall in love.


Chapter End Notes:
All Disney quotes belong to Disney. I own nothing.