Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to Immortalangel08 for the summary and to cal for the basic idea.
“Dawn!” The bleached-blond Brit waited at the bottom of the stairs until his six year old daughter, complete with pigtails and innocent smile thudded into view.

“Yes daddy?” Dawn Giles-Chase looked at her enraged father expectantly, her already wide blue eyes appearing to grow even wider as she played with a dark brunette pigtail.

“Is there something in the kitchen you forgot to tell me about?” He waited patiently for the excuse his daughter was sure to give him.

“Um…no”

“Dawn, come with me please.” He took the protesting girls hand and led her into the spacious kitchen. There in the center of the dark redwood cabinets and slate counter tops say and eight week old Great Dane puppy tied to a chair. His brown head cocked to the side as he watched his new visitors. “Dawn, would you please tell me where you got the puppy?”

“Um…aunt Buffy gave him to me”

“Nice try kiddo but aunt Buffy is in Australia filming a new movie, something about with a…bloody hell! She really gave you a bloody Great Dane puppy, didn’t she? Bird’s finally lost her marbles. I think all that hair spray’s finally seeped into her brain this time. Couldn’t just give the dog to her own kid, no she had to send the little demon spawn over here.” Spike paced around the sleeping puppy as he continued to rant and rave about tiny infuriating blond women and bleeding Great Dane puppies.

“Auntie Buffy gave Andrew one too. He named him Scooby, so mine is going to be Scrappy.” Dawn announced, looking rather pleased with herself. “Can we keep him daddy? Please?”

Spike stopped pacing for a moment, looking from his daughter to the sleeping puppy on the floor in front of him. He had to admit the little mutt was awful cute with his too-big ears, feet and well he would grow into himself. “Sure nibblet, we can keep the mutt. I just need to talk to aunt Buffy first. When did she drop him off?”

“While you were in the shower.”

“Why don’t you go see what Grandpa is up to while I go over and talk to her okay?”
He never finished his sentence before the little girl had taken off through the house, her little feet thudding against the wood floors.
He shook his head before grabbing the keys to his old restored Desoto.

It took him less than twenty minutes to reach what could only be described as a mansion and another fifteen with the security guard at the front gate while they argued over a password.

As he followed her uptight personal assistant through the house, he muttered to himself about ‘slayers’ and the like. As the assistant left him, he peered into the room across the hall, only to be granted with the sight of the petite blond goddess’ luscious ass in the air as she stretched.

“Bloody hell!” He struggled to keep his comment as low as possible. He shifted uncomfortably as he felt the effects her body was having on him strain against his now too-tight jeans. What he wouldn’t give to have her body squirming under his as he pressed her against the… His musings stopped at the tug of his pants. Looking down, he smiled at the bright face of Buffy’s four year old son, Andrew.
With his dirty blond hair and bright blue eyes, he resembled his mother much more than his late father.

“Spike its great to see you again.” He spun towards his goddess of light, marveling at the fact that he could even stand in her presence. His every dream and most thoughts were consumed by her.

“It’s great to see you too pet. Although I wasn’t really expecting you back until next month.”

“I got bored with Australia and decided I missed L.A. too much. Plus what would I do if I couldn’t see your smiling face every day?” She gave him a quick smile before kneeling down next to Andrew and whispering something into his ear. The little boy nodded and took off running down the hall with a bounding puppy at his heels. “I hope you don’t mind the dog. I just saw them both and couldn’t resist.”

“It’s not a problem luv and you know it. Now do you want to tell me the real reason you came back to L.A. early?” Spike cocked his head to the side as he watched her leave the room, only to come back with a stack of magazines in her hands.

“These are what brought me back.” Buffy motioned him into a chair and splayed the various celebrity gossip magazines on the table in front of him.

Spike quickly read through a couple of the titles. ‘Slayer actors tie the knot!’, ‘Summers and Clement expecting!’, ‘Actress gives birth to son!’ and finally, ‘James Clement dies in tragic accident’.

“These all happened years ago pet. I thought you said you had worked through ol’ Clem’s death.”

“I am. These are only part of the reason I’m back in L.A so soon. The other part has to do with you.” She tossed another stack of magazines his way. He soon recognized a couple of covers with his face on them. ‘Actress and Author tie the knot’, ‘Actress gives birth to daughter’, ‘Giles-Chase, Is it really over?’, and finally, ‘William Giles announces ‘Yes, I am Gay’.

“Bloody hell I’m not gay!”

“Oh it gets better. Apparently, you and I have been engaging in some secret love affair for the past 6 years.” At his agape appearance, she continued. “Watch this and you’ll understand.”
Buffy turned and hit play on the 60” television in the corner of the room.

Spike watched as his beloved goddess answered question after question on the late night talk show until her face fell at the implication that they had been having a torrid love affair while she was still married to his best friend. He kept watching as she shot down every rumor about the two of them.

“I’ve talked to my publicist and there are two ways to fix this. First, we actually start dating…well, not actually dating at least out of the public eye but we come off as America’s sweethearts. Or the second, you announce you are gay and the rumors eventually die off.”

“For the last bloody time, I’m NOT gay!”