Author's Chapter Notes:
I do not own any of the characters or Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Joss Whedon does. He is god. I am merely taking a different spin on Season Six. :)
Buffy walked out of Spike’s Crypt and felt a cool, rainy breeze hit her. It was welcome weather in her book, considering the first thing on her list when she got home was one freezing cold shower.

“Why does Spike make me feel like this?” she thought. It was a question she continued to ask herself over and over these past few weeks. Ever since the two of them brought a building down with their rougher-than-normal sex every waking moment, every empty thought, every spare dream was spent either thinking about all the nasties Spike had done to her or lying and scheming around her friends and Dawn so she could see him.

As Buffy walked past The Magick Shop in her hike through town she realized she missed Giles. “None of this would be happening if Giles hadn’t left.” she thought silently to herself. But she knew she couldn’t blame him. None of this would have happened if Glory had never arrived and tried to kill her beloved sister. None of this would be happening if she hadn’t died. None of this would have happened it Willow hadn’t.....”It’s not fair to blame Willow” Buffy resolved to herself.

Willow and all her friends had thought she was in a terrible hell dimension like no other. They had only tried to help her. Little did they know Buffy was in heaven spending time with her mother. Sure she was sad at first she wasn’t there but she understood it had been her time. Willow toyed with fate, life, death and above all dark magicks that she should not even be thinking about. Buffy knew Tara was keeping an eye on Willow to make sure her magicks did not get out of control. They all knew Willow was one to obsess about things and they hoped she did not get too engulfed with magick considering it was strong and more powerful than anything she could even imagine.

Buffy walked into the Summers’ resident to find Dawn sleeping on the couch and Willow crashed in the recliner cuddled with Tara. “Doesn’t anyone sleep in their beds anymore?” Buffy thought. “Wow...I’m one to talk. Bunking in an underground crypt three plus nights a week.” She walked into the kitchen only to find a sultry red box tied in a black ribbon sitting on the table. She opened it and inside was one beautiful red rose with a note “Until next time Pet...” pinned to it.

Why did he have to haunt her EVERY thought? Just as her mind had turned to food and not crazy-naked-sex with the undead there was something that HE did to get inside her head. As the note read itself in her head twelve times in Spikes voice Buffy felt herself getting very warm. A tingling persisted throughout her body and all she longed for was his cool breath on her neck and his long fingers running around her front to make her ache in all the right places. She opted not to shower, she wanted to fall asleep to the smell of Spike.

“Come on head, SNAP OUT OF IT” Buffy said a little too loudly for the night. She grabbed a glass of juice and then ran upstairs to her bedroom. On her bed was a note and twelve more roses. “Oh my fucking god, why can’t he just LEAVE ME ALONE when I leave his place. Must he beat me to my house to leave little goodies around so I can’t get him out of my head ALL night.” she thought loudly in her head.

The note read...

----------------

Hello Love,

I hope you enjoy the roses. They have always been my favorite flower and when I look at them I see you. I had a wonderful time tonight, I’m sad you had to leave. I would have loved to hold your small wonderful frame and body against me all night. I love you Buffy. I know you don’t believe it but I do. I don’t have a soul, but I do have a heart. I know it’s not beating but it’s there. I feel the humanity inside me as I always have but I no longer shun it away into the darkness. I want to bring it out. Let me know when you want to see me again. I’ll be waiting. Till then my pet.

Love,

Spike

-------------------

Just like that Buffy couldn’t do anything but smile. Could he really love her? There is no way. Or is there? A vampire had loved her before and she had loved a Vampire. But could she go there again? After all that happened between her and Spike could she forget? She did love him. She just couldn’t say it yet...to him at least. Buffy pulled out her spiral diary and began to write. It always felt good to get her feelings out on paper. It helped her control her emotions and not go off on her friends and Dawn all the time.

-------------------

Dear Diary,

Spike wrote me the most wonderful note. It made me tingle all over with pleasure. I can’t believe myself but I don’t know how much longer I can hold it in. I love him. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Ah, I feel like such a little girl again- all smitten with Angel. This is more intense than Angel ever was...this is SPIKE. SPIKE, WILLIAM THE BLOODY! He was a monster, now he is a good man. Well, not really a man but you catch my drift. I just can’t seem to get him out of my head. The things he’s done to me, the pleasure he’s caused me .makes me feel more ALIVE than I ever have. I love him. One day soon I hope I can muster up the courage to tell him. Well till another time diary. Thanks for listening.

~ Buffy

-------------------

She laid down her diary on her night table and curled up with the quilt her mother had knit her in bed. She felt warm, safe, and happy for the first time in a long time. It was all because of a certain bleached-blond vampire who possessed a knack for flattery and who wore his heart on his sleeve.


Chapter End Notes:
I will have more in a week. Reviews will encourage me. This is JUST a prolouge. I want to see reactions to see if I should even continue. I plan to read and review many stories on this site. PLEASE do the same for me! Thanks :)