Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm back. I'll be updating Love & Desire and Masquerades Tomorrow or the day after.
Spike heard the door of his apartment bang behind him as it slammed shut. He closed his eyes, clenching his jaw. But he couldn’t stop a tear from getting free and making it’s way down his cheek. She’d only bloody come for him. His Buffy. His slayer. He’d thrown it back in her face, they’d ended up arguing and he’d told her he didn’t want her.

Spike harshly slammed his head against the couch repeatedly. If that wasn’t the biggest lie he’d ever told in his undead life. Stupid bloody idiot. Just like old times with him and her. Harsh words and even harder punches. They’d never held back with each other before why the hell would they have start now?

She’d knocked on the front door of his new apartment and of course when he’d opened it, she looked like she didn’t know whether to hit him or kiss him. So she had done both. He was sure his cheek was still stinging from the slap she’d given him.

He’d told her he wasn’t going back with her. Of course when she’d dared him to tell her he didn’t love her anymore, he’d taken her up on it. It was for the best, really. She could have whatever she wanted. She didn’t need him. But then why had she rushed to his apartment when she’d heard he was alive. She hadn’t even stopped off to see Angel first, just had stormed in to Wolfram and Hart and had demanded his address.

They’d given it to her of course; you don’t mess with a pissed off Slayer. He should have known that Andrew wouldn’t have been able to keep his mouth shut. Well he hadn’t told Buffy directly of course, but he’d blabbed it to Dawn. Of course Dawn had told Buffy, and then Buffy had come after him.

Not to stake him or to tear him down or hell to even thank him for saving the world and burning up in the process. But to give him that smile and to tell him she loved him. That she wanted him. But she couldn’t have meant it. No one loved poor poncy William. Nor useless Spike.

Of course, there’d always been passion between them, whether they were fighting or fucking. Always was heat there. Wasn’t that what he’d told her not so long ago that they had passion, heat, desire? Maybe that’s how she could lie to him so easily. Never had he seen her lie to anyone as easily as she’d told him those three important little words, the ones that he’d begged and pleaded and even prayed he’d hear from her perfect lips one day.

She could have left him, just got on with her life in Rome with Dawn. He’d always bloody chased after her. He’d done it time and time again and he was not doing it anymore. Except. Bloody buggering fuck. She’d been chasing after him this time. She’d got on a plane as soon as she had heard. She’d gotten a taxi to wait far too long while she was at Wolfram and Hart, getting what she needed to go and see him.

She’d chased after him to tell him she loved him that she wanted him with her because…Because she did. Spike finally stumbled on to realization. She loved him. She wanted him. She had meant it. She wasn’t lying. She wasn’t stringing him along like a puppy on a leash.

She’d gone there, invited herself in and had been straight with him. He hadn’t believed her. He’d let her go. He’d finally had what he’d wanted in reach and he’d…Let it slip through his fingers like an idiot.

Well screw that! Spike got up grabbing his coat and slamming the door as he let it close behind him. He had a slayer to find. He closed his eyes, calming himself for a moment and he knew the second he smelt that vanilla scent that he was on the right track. He took off in that direction, using his senses to keep in the direction of where Buffy had headed.

He dodged people on the sidewalk, rushing across streets making several people beep their horns at him. As he kept his fast pace, he realised he was heading towards the airport. That only made him pick up even more speed. He rushed through the entrance, looking around until he eventually spotted Buffy buying a ticket. With suitcase and bag in hand.

He moved over to her, only stopping when he was right behind her. “Buffy, luv.” He uttered softly. Buffy turned to him, surprise evident in her eyes before her gaze hardened. “Spike, what the hell are you doing here?” Spike opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by Buffy. “Actually, you know what? I think you already said everything you wanted to say earlier. Now I have to get ready for a plane I have to catch tomorrow.”

With that, Buffy turned and began walking away from Spike. Spike, in a display of desperation, grabbed her and planted a kiss on her lips. Unlike the others they had shared before, this was soft and urging rather then hard and demanding.

Buffy pulled away with a puzzled gaze. But before she could say anything Spike covered her mouth with his hand. “Just let me speak. Alright, Pet?” Spike asked. He removed his hand as Buffy nodded in compliance. “Okay, Good. When you came to me and said pretty much everything I had ever wanted to hear from you I got scared, because I know there’s nothing worse then having you and losing you. So I convinced myself you didn’t mean it. That you didn’t…that you couldn’t love me. Because no one else bloody ever has.”

“Sure others have needed me, a few even wanted me but never the person that I wanted to and the fact that you did…that you do. It terrifies me, but I’m not going to be scared anymore Buffy, I’m yours you should know that by now. I’m tired of running cause the fact of the matter is: I love you, Buffy Summers. Always have. Always bloody will.”

Buffy shook her head, smiling. “You…You tell me to leave you alone, and then you chase after me and tell me this?” Buffy shrugged. “Guess it’s good thing I love you. Wouldn’t you say Spike?” She brought Spike to her, catching his lips with hers. “I still have a plane to catch. How bout you get a plane ticket and come catch that flight with me?”

Spike just smiled in response before giving a nod. They went to the ticket office, getting Spike a ticket. Buffy and Spike sat together on the plane the next night. Buffy entwined her fingers with Spike’s suddenly as their plane landed, they were in Rome. It was the start of a whole new chapter in their lives. Buffy kissed Spike as he turned to look at her, giving a light squeeze to her hand. They were going to be more then okay from now on.

FIN.


Chapter End Notes:
Feedback feeds my muse. It makes me work harder. All feedback is welcomed.