Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first fic so please review. I would like any feed back, anything from you liked it, to tips on how to approve my writing. Reviews would so make my day. The song I used was Sometime Around Midnight by The Air
Born Toxic Event. I have had this idea of writing a fic for this song for quite some time now. Also I want to make my self clear this fic was built around the lyrics to the song(the bold text) then i kinda acted out the lyrics with spike and buffy. Just clearing a few things up.
And it starts, sometime around midnight.
Or at least that's when you lose yourself
for a minute or two.
As you stand, under the bar lights.
And the band plays some song
about forgetting yourself for a while.
And the piano's this melancholy soundtrack to her smile.
And that white dress she's wearing
you haven't seen her for a while.




How long have I been here? The clock on the wall says 12:30 AM. So that would put me to about 3 hours. Good God, do I have nothing better to do with my life then go to bars and pick up chicks these days? No not really, not since she left. What makes worse is, I can't even pick up some cheep slut.

Not some leggy blonde or busty brunet to bang my brains out, and shag away my misery. The old Spike could have picked up tons of girls by now, they all like a little bad in their men. Truth be told they don't measure up to her, I'm not even interested in any of the girls around me.

At least not with her here. Yes in fact the woman who caused all this is here. She has me drinking away the pain under the poorly done lighting of the bar. I can see her amongst the crowd she's wearing the white dress that I gave her, like that makes this much better. I haven't seen her for awhile, I've forgotten how good it was to see her smile.

I'm such a sodding excuse for a vampire.


But you know, that she's watching.
She's laughing, she's turning.
She's holding her tonic like a cross.
The room's suddenly spinning.
She walks up and asks how you are.
So you can smell her perfume.
You can see her lying naked in your arms.




I know that she's watching me, her eyes will flicker towards my direction. I haven't taken my eyes of her yet. I know she just has to see me. I watch her dance to the beat of the song. She dancing with that tall blonde over there. She's spinning around with a drink in her hand. I see her laughing, probably to that guys corny joke.

I sneer and take what seamed to be the 100th shot of the night. The room starts spinning, and I see her change her course. She walks up just to ask how I am, like it isn't obvious. I put on a fake smile and act like I haven't noticed she's been here. I take in a deep breath smell her sent. A combination of her vanilla shampoo, perfume, and the smell that makes her, her. It's bring back to many memories, and I can see her lying naked in my arms.

And so there's a change, in your emotions.
And all these memories come rushing
like feral waves to your mind.
Of the curl of your bodies,
like two perfect circles entwined.
And you feel hopeless and homeless
and lost in the haze of the wine.




I can feel this change in my emotions, it's a bit to difficult for me to describe. I see her mouth moving but none of the sound is made out. Flashes of the times that we spent are flooding in my head.

They are are all to real.

I can feel her skin, how the warmth of her body warms mine. With the crash of our bodies, between moans, groans, and exasperated breaths. Our bodies fit together perfectly, and for a moment we seamed to be one. It's a distant memory, and I'm feeling a bit numbed. I feel hopeless, and homeless, and to be honest a bit drunk.

Then she leaves, with someone you don't know.
But she makes sure you saw her.
She looks right at you and bolts.
As she walks out the door,
your blood boiling
your stomach in ropes.
Oh and when your friends say,
"What is it? You look like you've seen a ghost."




I watch as she's leaving, with the tall blonde guy from before. She looks right in to my eyes as she says "Come on I'm ready to go." She takes that guys hands and pulls him towards the door. She paused and looks back "Wait I forgot my coat." She takes her coat and stops right in front of me. She's staring at me then turns on her heels and walks right out that door.

Waves of emotions are passing through me, I feel as if my heart is broken in two. I can feel my blood boiling under my skin, my face is shifting. My stomach is twisted, and I think my legs might give out. Clem says, "What is it? You look like you've seen a ghost."

I grunted "No I didn't see a bloody ghost! I'm the Big Bad, I'm not afraid of ghosts. What I saw wasn't a ghost it was much, much worse."

"I know, I know. It was just a joke considering we live in Sunnydale it being all hellmouthy and all. But Spike You need to calm down. You are starting to attract attention with the teeth, and the yellow eyes, and the bumpy-ness of the face. What's got you so wound up any way?"

By the time Clem had finished talking I had shifted back and calmed some.

"Me attracting attention? What about you with the baggy skin "Mr. I have a skin condition. It's Buffy."

"Buffy? What she finally got some since knocked into her and came her to slay ya?"

"No you stupid git" I said smacking him in the back the head. "I saw her leaving with someone else."

"So?"

"A Male someone else, you know how I feel about her."

"Ohhh."

Then it hit me .

Then you walk, under the streetlights.
And you're too drunk to notice,
that everyone is staring at you.
You just don't care what you look like,
the world is falling around you.




I make my way out of the bar, franticly searching for her. She no where in sight so I start walking, guided by the street lights. I make my way to her house, and I'm to drunk to notice that everyone is staring at me. At this moment I don't care what I look like, all that matters is her. It feels as if the world is falling around me.


You just have to see her.
You just have to see her.
You just have to see her.
You just have to see her.
You just have to see her.
You know that she'll break you in two.



As the rain starts pouring around me, I quicken my pace moving a little faster.
I just have to see her. I just have to see her. I just have to see her. I just have to see her. I just have to see her. I know that she'll break me in two.

I found myself at her door step, banging at her door. She opens and sees me soaked head to toe. I slowly approach her whispering her name "Buffy." To my surprise she doesn't shut the door or back away, but she steps closer. So I take her in my arms kiss her, and tell her I miss her. I know that every thing will be fine.


Chapter End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed!

MAKE ME SMILE PLEASE REVIEW!