[Reviews - 59] LikedPrinter
Summary:

“For the hero loves the world till it breaks him” (William Buttler Yeats)

Buffy Summers is the longest living Slayer; this sounds great, but there are repercussions. Can her friends, and specifically one bleach-blond ex-enemy, turn the tide?

Do you want a teaser? I see you all nodding, so I can reveal that this story is about treasure hunting, Shakespeare, striptease, Arabian Nights, accidents, a vampire shrink, martial arts lessons, kisses, demons and a Spuffy ending. Not exactly in this order...

With this story, I was nominated at the The Sunnydale Memorial Fanfiction Awards Round 25 and won Best New Author. Thank you so much!


Rated: NC-17
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: No
Word count: 107552 Read: 29629
Published: 05/12/2011 Updated: 02/12/2012

1. Easy Way Out by capella42 [Reviews - 3] Liked (2929 words)
OK, this is my first. The first chapter in my first story. How I came to write it?
Know those moments, when you watch an episode and just scream "don’t be so stupid!" In retrospect we are all cleverer. Some short pieces rewriting episodes where I cheat... I thought.

Then I ended up adding more, becoming obsessed with it. When I was nudged again and again by this story’s ‘mid-wife’ puddinhead, it evolved into a full fledged Season 6 Rewrite.
So, my endless thanks to puddinhead, who put up with the labor pains of a green writer and my second beta Passion4Spike who gave the chapter the final polishing.
Any more questions? Let’s go on a ride!

Oh, before I forget, the usual Disclaimer! (We all know the drill)
The characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer are owned by Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and Fox studios. This story is not meant to infringe upon anyone's rights, only to entertain.

2. How Spike Got a Bike by capella42 [Reviews - 3] Liked (3106 words)
I think Spike without his bike is just less fun... and had anybody ever wondered how dull the Sunnydale summers really are?

Let’s turn the page to a new tale about adrenaline, sexual innuendo – and babysitting with Shakespeare.

What would I do without the inspiration and hard work from my wonderful betas puddinhead and Passion4Spike? They deserve the Medal of Honor from the order of the ‘Fighters against Wonky Grammar’. So many thanks!

3. Financial Advice by capella42 [Reviews - 3] Liked (4360 words)
A teenage sister, no income, a demanding calling... Would you like to be Buffy?

Let’s dive into a new chapter about house repair, unicorns, treasure hunts - and strippers.

Many thanks to my faithful betas puddinhead and Passion4Spike and all the readers who with their reviews showed me, why it is worth to take a risk.

4. Witching Hour (Part 1) by capella42 [Reviews - 3] Liked (3832 words)
At Halloween normally nothing happens, the real demons take the night off – who'd said that? If you have witches and ex-demons as your friends, Halloween can turn into some creep show.

Let's hunt the night for mummy hands, cheerleaders and vampire fangs... and don't forget the striptease! But before we come to the juicy parts: you have to attend a lecture.

My humble thanks as always to my betas puddinhead and Passion4Spike. All the good parts are because of them, the mistakes are mine.

5. Witching Hour (Part 2) by capella42 [Reviews - 3] Liked (4704 words)
And the night proceeds. Dawn is in Willow’s care, what can possibly go wrong? She's a powerful witch after all.

Now we’re out in the dark, mist is rising and the orchestra hidden around the corner let its violins shriek. Take a look and find out if the night is haunted, be aware of the monsters lurking in the dark!

Thanks to both Passion4Spike and puddinhead for giving me so good feedback, they improve the story a lot!

6. Unwanted Truth (Part 1) by capella42 [Reviews - 2] Liked (4974 words)
Well, what to do with Willow you asked me. Just think about it, what would she do? Do you really think she will sit by and stop her path to destruction because they asked her nicely?

Dance with me into a night with research, more threats and dry cleaning – no stripping this time, sorry!

Big hugs to my betas puddinhead and Passion4Spike. I’m such a lucky girl to have two writers to support me, who always understand where I want to go!

7. Unwanted Truth (Part 2) by capella42 [Reviews - 4] Liked (4557 words)
When you are gifted with a friend like Xander, who needs enemies? Dancing and singing reveals secrets they would better have kept for themselves…

Dance on through the night to a (not so) surprising finale with abduction, interruptions and a revelation.

As always many thanks to my faithful betas Passion4Spike and puddinhead, who spent time with my story while wrestling with her own mulish chapter.

8. Trust Your Feelings (Part 1) by capella42 [Reviews - 2] Liked (4337 words)
After OMWF everybody expected this episode, right? This is the first piece I finished, oh so long ago in February, after I started writing.

As our minds are blown into the wind, can you trust your feelings? Expect a yummy surprise when you wake up.

My gratitude to puddinhead and Passion4Spike, who spiced up this chapter even more. Thanks, ladies!

9. Trust Your Feelings (Part 2) by capella42 [Reviews - 3] Liked (3086 words)
Okay, I know everybody hated me after the evil cliff-hanger last week. I hope you will forgive me now.

When the spell shatters, what are the consequences? Expect aliens, kitten-dealers, a brawl, and a harsh wake-up.

Many thanks again to my steadfast betas puddinhead and Passion4Spike.

10. Conversations by capella42 [Reviews - 3] Liked (4485 words)
Will Buffy make up her mind? Any advice you want to give her? The bets are open, feel free to vote.

This is a short one-chapter episode because, to be truthful, I refused to get distracted by Giles, Willow, Xander or Anya. This is all about Buffy and Spike, so enjoy.

Let’s finally join Buffy on a voyage through her emotions, expect a wannabe-shrink, confessions, confusion, and - well, you will see.

This was a treat to my betas puddinhead and Passion4Spike who really enjoyed working on this - not just because it was short *lol* Thank you, ladies!

11. Lost Key (Part 1) by capella42 [Reviews - 1] Liked (6322 words)
This episode is dedicated to magnus374, who inspired me with his review. So, what do you think? Is it worth to leave me a review? I might pick up also your idea.

Let’s see how the relationship of our favorite couple can bloom when a still hidden fiend enters the field again. Look forward to midnight strolls, teenage rebellion, betrayal and a visit to a strange place.

This time my beta puddinhead advised me to cut lines - lot’s of them. It was very painful to do, but she was right. Many thanks to her and also to Passion4Spike, who was going over it so many times with endless patience!

12. Lost Key (Part 2) by capella42 [Reviews - 2] Liked (6845 words)
I wouldn’t call it a crossover, but I picked up elements from “The Lost Room”. If you don’t know this mini series, I recommend it. You will never look at a motel room in the same way as before. Or Arizona. Or your comb.

Will they find Dawn in time? What happened to Willow? Let’s find some answers. Look forward to strange lands, even stranger messages, and lots of surprises.

As always, many thanks to puddinhead and Passon4Spike who spiced up this chapter. What would I do without your steadfast support!

13. First Date (Part 1) by capella42 [Reviews - 2] Liked (4323 words)
Now, finally, Buffy has her first date with Spike.
Where will he take her? Will Dawn’s abduction overshadow their night (it’s chapter 13 after all).
Let’s see what Spike has planned! Follow them into the night and discover a magical place of the culinary kind.

As always, puddinhead and Passion4Spike have done her magic and exorcized all the wrong commas and flipped all the wrong (but similar sounding) words.
Many thanks also to capella for this lovely banner, isn’t Spike gorgeous?

14. First Date (Part 2) by capella42 [Reviews - 4] Liked (5004 words)
Now, is everybody intrigued to hear how Spike met Kareem? What else will happen tonight? Will there be kisses – or more?

Look forward to an enchanted tale, meeting new friends and old friends, and confronting painful truths.

Many thanks to my betas puddinhead and Passion4Spike! As T.E. Lawrence, who inspired part of this chapter, put it so aptly: Many thanks for countless suggestions of great value and diversity: and for all the present semicolons. This was directed at George Bernhard Shaw. You are in good company, ladies.

15. Experts by capella42 [Reviews - 2] Liked (4847 words)
This chapter was originally the beginning of the next, larger episode, but it grew and grew, until I decided to let it flourish on its own.

Struggle with Buffy throught some staggering business concepts and daring dress codes. Look forward to hear an unforeseen proclamation.

Many thanks to my betas puddinhead and Passion4Spike, who always find the time to help me between writing their own fantastic stories.

16. Visitation (Part 1) by capella42 [Reviews - 3] Liked (4355 words)
After the revelation about Dawn’s origin and an ominous prophecy, what can be more relaxing – and distracting - than a surprise visit?
Find out my next twist and turn: what is real, what is wrong?
As always my heartfelt thanks to my two faithful and diligent betas Puddinhead and Passion4Spike.

17. Visitation (Part 2) by capella42 [Reviews - 2] Liked (6508 words)
Riley is back in town and he brought friends. As I expected, everybody was quite agitated about that.

Follow me through a day full of surprises, fights, accusations, schemes and revelations.

As always, many thanks to my lovely ladies Puddinhead and Passion4Spike. It is so fantastic to have this constant support as a writer. They know exactly where I want to go and point me in the right direction when I stray.

18. Surprise! (Part 1) by capella42 [Reviews - 3] Liked (5312 words)
Let’s see how the day wraps up. Follow Buffy as she sorts through the leftovers of Riley’s mess.
Will the day end better for our couple, now that the intruders are gone? Look forward to surprises of the good kind.

Many thanks to puddinhead and Passion4Spike who do all their beta work at lightning speed.

19. Surprise! (Part 2) by capella42 [Reviews - 2] Liked (4233 words)
Finally: naughty, hot Spuffy goodness in spades. How will their first night together continue? Will they be interrupted again? (ducking behind my desk, barely dodging the rotten tomatoes)

Don’t combust while you read on about more revelations, kinky games and surprise assaults.

Many thanks to puddinhead and Passion4Spike who spiced this up so much that I got all hot and bothered… them too, I hope.

This week I updated twice, so make sure you read the first part before starting here.

20. Knockers and Mistletoe by capella42 [Reviews - 2] Liked (6019 words)
The nearest we had to a Buffy Christmas Episode was ‘Amends’. I couldn’t let this holiday slide by unnoticed on my season rewrite.

So, here it comes! Enjoy an enchanted Christmas Eve in my universe, with mulled wine, kisses, and a touch of Dickens.

A very special Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my lovely betas puddinhead and Passion4Spike, who squeezed the work on this chapter into the midst of their own Christmas preparations. Ladies, it is such a pleasure to have your constant support for this story! Without both of you, I would never have come so far.

As always: All the mistakes are totally mine, since I tend to fiddle with the final version of the chapter and not always heed my beta’s good advice.

21. Too High a Price? (Part 1) by capella42 [Reviews - 2] Liked (4216 words)
You asked me, ‘What’s going on with Willow?’ I know that I’ve neglected her for a while.
Sneak with me into Willow’s mind and find out what’s really happening. Expect enchanted gardens, phantoms, answers – and more questions.

I want to thank all of my readers who voted for me at the Sunnydale Memorial Fanfiction Award, Round 25 and won me the “Best New Author”. I’m still giddy and hilariously happy.

This wouldn’t have been possible without my ‘Good Fairies’ puddinhead and Passion4Spike, who both accompanied this story from the very beginning. They worked their magic on each and every chapter. They constantly show me where I can improve my writing, both in their own, unique way. Thank you, ladies!

22. Too High a Price? (Part 2) by capella42 [Reviews - 2] Liked (3653 words)
So, what exactly was Spike doing? Did he try to fit a Jacuzzi into his bathroom and crash?
Find out about his accident and what Buffy is willing to give to save him. Expect dirt, lots of dirt, a rescue team on a mission and a hydraulic car-jack.

As always, puddinhead and Passion4Spike worked their magic, thank you ladies!

23. Insights by capella42 [Reviews - 3] Liked (5545 words)
It’s time now for some explanations, time to think and regroup.
In the quiet after the storm everyone finds their world changed – maybe a bit, maybe a lot.
Follow me and watch…

To my betas puddinhead and Passion4Spike again my many thanks. You are great!