[Reviews - 426] LikedPrinter
Summary: The scars on her face have made her a recluse but when the bleached stranger barges into the small town like a black clad hurricane, he throws her quiet life right out of whack. He’s aggravating, unpredictable, and oh so hot.

The destiny she never thought she’d have is set in motion the minute she starts having dreams of being someone else. But how can she figure out what it means when she forgets as soon as she wakes up?

The story is AU but it’s a world that has all the supernatural in it.




Photobucket


Nominated at SunnyD, Round 26, for Best Plot, Best NC-17, Best Romance. A massive thank you for nominating me!! :)

Won Best NC-17 and got a Runner Up for Best Plot. Thank, you thank, you, thank you to those of you who voted!!! :D I'm the happiest writer in the world.
Rated: NC-17
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Child Abuse, Sexual Situations, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 48 Completed: Yes
Word count: 137157 Read: 62780
Published: 07/10/2011 Updated: 05/01/2012

1. Chapter 1 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 14] Liked (3817 words)
This story is really AU. Both Buffy and Spike will have different backgrounds than in the canon, different experiences that have shaped them. Just a warning in case you wonder 'why the hell would he/she do/say that?' But if you've read one of my other AU stories, you know I always strain to keep the characters in, well, character. ;)

Thank you All4Spike for betaing this!!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

2. Chapter 2 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 5] Liked (2404 words)
Thank you lovely people who read and left me a review! I had fun replying! :D


Beta'd by the awesome All4Spike.

3. Chapter 3 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 9] Liked (2626 words)
I saw Harry Potter yesterday and it was amazing!!! Sorry for the randomness, just had to get it off my chest. ;) Anyway, here's more!

Beta'd by the lovely All4Spike.

4. Chapter 4 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 13] Liked (2281 words)
Thank you for the reviews, lovely people! I have replied to them all! ;) Now on a more somber note, this chapter comes with a warning. There's graphic violence/child abuse. I didn't write it too gory, IMO, and it's important to the story but I had to warn you.

5. Chapter 5 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 10] Liked (2533 words)
Again, I have to warn you about the upcoming graphic violence in this chapter. It's kind of crucial to the character development though.

Previously (just to jog your memory): Spike caught Buffy in his bedroom where she found her missing bag. ;)

Awesome beta: All4Spike

6. Chapter 6 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 10] Liked (2435 words)

7. Chapter 7 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 7] Liked (3083 words)
Oh yeah, baby, a new chapter. A bit longer than the last one but I'm sure you'll cope. ;)

Beta: the amazing All4Spike

8. Chapter 8 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 10] Liked (2035 words)
I apologise if there was any confusion regarding the flashback from Spike's POV in the last chapter. It happened before Buffy's (chapter 4). This chapter will tell you what happened after Spike used the spell on her and left the house and why he came back only to find her mother had slashed her face. Whew! Hope I cleared it up. ;)

Beta'd by All4Spike (she's awesome).

9. Chapter 9 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 5] Liked (2209 words)
Beta'd by: lovely All4Spike

Read by: the most awesome people ever

10. Chapter 10 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 12] Liked (2201 words)
Previously: Buffy was complaning about Spike and of course he had to stand behind her back and hear her. What did we learn from this? Buffy's timing sucks hairy balls.

Beta'd by All for Spike, whom I thank from the bottom of my heart. And thank you kind readers for your reviews. They always inspire me to write more. ;)

11. Chapter 11 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 21] Liked (2781 words)
Thank you everyone who reviewed. It's your awesomeness that gives me inspiration. It also makes me want to flirt with you. Hope you don't mind.

Lovely beta: All4Spike

12. Chapter 12 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 9] Liked (2443 words)
Thank you for the terrific response to the last chapter!! I hope you'll enjoy this one as well. :)

13. Chapter 13 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 10] Liked (2878 words)
Hello, writer block. Would you kindly go pester someone else? It's a good thing I always have a few chapters as a back up in case I don't have motivation/time to write. In this case, it's the 38°C (about 100°F for you American folks) that turns my brain into a boiling soup. What a lovely visual, right? ;) Those of you who live anywhere remotely close to sea, I'm jealous as hell.

Beta'd by the lovely All4Spike.

14. Chapter 14 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 10] Liked (3530 words)
Thank you All4Spike for betaing, and another big thanks goes to everyone who shared their thoughts with me!

15. Chapter 15 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 11] Liked (3237 words)
Hope you'll enjoy!

Beta'd by All4Spike.

16. Chapter 16 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 16] Liked (2253 words)
There is some William/Dru stuff in this chapter, BUT don't worry. It's there because I thought it would tell you more about them as people. Who they are and how they feel. You'll see. :)

Beta'd by All4Spike.

17. Chapter 17 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 11] Liked (2191 words)
Just a random sidenote that if you haven't seen Game of Thrones, you probably should. I LOVE that show (and the hotness that is Khal Drogo)! Anyway, hope you'll like this chapter. :)

Beta'd by All4Spike.

18. Chapter 18 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 11] Liked (2210 words)
Life's been rather busy, but here's a new update anyway! :) Hope you'll enjoy, lovely readers.

Beta'd by All4Spike.

19. Chapter 19 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 12] Liked (2487 words)
After the angsty chapter, here is a more light-hearted one that I think you'll like. ;) On a different note, I'm going back to uni by the end of the week, so let's all hope the new room I'll be moving into will have a functional wifi internet. I'll try to update on Sunday or so, but I might be too busy unpacking and getting situated. Just so you know. :)

Thank you All4Spike, who always betas as quickly as a speeding bullet.

20. Chapter 20 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 11] Liked (2997 words)
Here's the continuation of fun Spuffy.

Thanks to All4Spike for betaing. She's always as fast as a speeding bullet! :D

21. Chapter 21 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 7] Liked (2538 words)
Previously: Buffy stayed at Spike's house because he kicked her jeans into fireplace. Accidentally, of course. ;) Also, you'll probably need to know that last flashback of Spike's early memories: Eline kidnapped Dru and she was later turned by Angelus.

Beta'd by super awesome All4Spike.

22. Chapter 22 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 9] Liked (2143 words)
I've been back at uni for a week (my final year) and I'm already stressed and scared shitless of all the deadlines. I'll promise I'll do my best to update once a week, so let's hope I can balance it all out.

Thank you All4SPike for always being so swift in your editing!

23. Chapter 23 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 12] Liked (5161 words)
A new chapter is here!!! And I think you'll be quite pleased that it's twice its usual size. Wait... is it me or did that sound vaguely dirty!? Anyway, I hope you enjoy this long and 'substantial' chapter. ;) I have barely enough time to eat and sleep beside the uni work, but I'll do my best with replying to reviews.updating.

Awesome beta: All4SPike

24. Chapter 24 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 10] Liked (3273 words)
Finally found a minute of spare time to update! So here it is, and again quite a bit longer than usually. ;)

Previously: Spike tried to do the reversal spell, which of course backfired and now they are both memory-less.

Beta'd by the lovely All4Spike.

25. Chapter 25 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 9] Liked (3024 words)
Previously: Spike and Buffy got their memory back before the pants could come off.

Beta'd by the lovely All4Spike.

26. Chapter 26 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 9] Liked (2346 words)
Previously: Buffy and Spike had a post-memory loss talk (and smoochies) while Hank went off to have a nooner with Ellen.

On a different, very selfish note, I'm doing my dissertation and I have this survey that I need people to fill out. It's super short and you don't even need to write anything in it. It will take you less than a minute and it would save my life. As I'm doing a cultural mag, it would be great if you refrained from 'liking' gossip mags. Wait... this isn't shameless manipulation, is it? *g* You can find it here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6N3T9KJ

Thank you All4Spike for being the best beta. :)

27. Chapter 27 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 6] Liked (2589 words)
Thank you everyone who filled out my survey last week!! You basically saved my life. :) Three assignments handed in, so I thought I'd celebrate by updating. Hope you'll enjoy!

Beta'd by the awesome All4Spike.

28. Chapter 28 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 8] Liked (2446 words)
Your eyes are not deceiving you. I'm updating! Finally! Even though I'm working on another essay while I'm doing so. Can't the lecturers understand that they're keeping me away from my addiction?? How rude.

Previously: We found out that Anya is supposed to kill Buffy but we're not sure why. Also, Spike's determination crumbles when faced with diabetes inducing treats.

Betad by the swift All4Spike. She's made of win!

29. Chapter 29 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 7] Liked (2209 words)
I suck. Not being able to update as much as I'd like to makes me feel guilty for leaving you guys hanging. Which is why I want to express my undying gratitude and give unashamed flirtatious glances to all of you who are so supportive and keep on reading. You are bloody magnificent. ;)

My undying gratitude also goes to All4Spike who is always so swift with her editing. She rocks!

30. Chapter 30 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 2] Liked (2659 words)
This chapter is quite light-hearted. Not entirely though because, well... that wouldn't be me, would it? ;)

Huge thanks goes to All4Spike for betaing!

31. Chapter 31 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 6] Liked (1991 words)
Previously: Buffy caught Hank and Ellen going at it like two horny weasels. She also paid visit to Anya and they proceeded to deepen the connection between them. But then *dun dun dun* Hallie knocked on Anya's door.

Much love to all of you still sticking with the story. Sorry for the lack of update last week; it's been hectic. And Since New Year is in a few days, I'm wishing you all a very successful year!!! :)

Huge thanks to my beta All4Spike who is always so quick and helpful!

32. Chapter 32 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 7] Liked (3846 words)
How about we start 2012 with a longer chapter? ;) This way I really what to thank all of you for being so amazing and motivating me to write more. You are made of win. :)

Big thank you goes to All4Spike for her awesome editing skills!

33. Chapter 33 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 8] Liked (2212 words)
Is this another update within one week?! Why yes it is, thank you for noticing. ;) Enjoy!

Huge thanks goes to All4Spike for editing!

34. Chapter 34 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 9] Liked (2750 words)
Thanks to everyone who reviews, it always gives my motivation a mighty boost. :) And thanks to All4Spike for being an amazing beta!

35. Chapter 35 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 6] Liked (2603 words)
Sorry about the delay, kind readers. I kept rewriting the dialogue because it didn't sit right with me. Really hope you like it!

Big thanks to All4Spike for the swift editing!

36. Chapter 36 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 7] Liked (3087 words)
Here's a nice lengthy chapter as my apology for keeping you waiting. :) Enjoy!

Big thanks to All4Spike for the swift editing!!

37. Chapter 37 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 4] Liked (3589 words)
Previously: Buffy admitted to wanting to be with Spike. But is he brave enough to tell her yes?! Read and find out. ;)

Major thanks goes to All4Spike and her awesomeness!!

38. Chapter 38 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 7] Liked (2807 words)
I know this story has been going on for quite some time, which is why I want to thank all of you who are still reading and especially reviewing. You don't know how much I appreciate it. Your motivation keeps me writing. :)

Beta'd by the awesome All4Spike.

39. Chapter 39 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 6] Liked (2992 words)
I have a big presentation coming up next week, so just in case the next update is a bit late, that's why. :) Hope you enjoy this one!

Beta'd by the wonderful All4Spike.

40. Chapter 40 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 6] Liked (2186 words)
Sorry for the slight delay, guys. BUT, I think you might like this chapter. ;)

Beta'd by the lovely All4Spike.

41. Chapter 41 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 9] Liked (2972 words)
Okay, just to warn you... THIS CHAPTER IS FULL OF SMUT. Yeah, I can see you there clutching your pearls and rattling off Hail Marys. ;) It's a longer chapter... think I may have gotten carried away. Well, to my defense... Oops?!

Beta'd by All4Spike... she's super helpful!! :)

42. Chapter 42 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 10] Liked (3752 words)
Previously: Buffy said 'I love you'. Now it's Spike's turn to respond. *gasp*

Beta'd by the lovely All4Spike.

43. Chapter 43 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 5] Liked (1886 words)
Sorry that this chapter is slightly shorter than my usual ones. The last week was insanely busy, so I'm glad I'm updating at all. Quite a few plotty thingies in this one. Hope you enjoy!

Massive thanks to All4Spike for her quick beta work!

44. Chapter 44 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 4] Liked (3200 words)
To refresh your memory: Previously, Spike found out Buffy dreamt his memories and all hell broke loose... well, not literally, but you get my drift. Angelus is getting close and Dru beat Eline in a game of chess. I LOVE CHESS! Sorry, I just do, but everyone I know is lame enough not to know how to play it. :(

Giant thank you to All4Spike who betas like a boss.

AND, completely unrelated... if you know anyone who did volunteering work in Kenya, or is a S&M escort (preferably someone smart/funny), e-mail me on the.enemy.of.reality@hotmail.com. Yes, I'm being serious about the escort thing, and no, it's not for my personal pleasure, you perverts. ;) It's for a feature I'm writing for my major project. We're supposed to make a magazine and mine is on strange/funny/interesting things. Sorry for the shamelessness that is me, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. :(

45. Chapter 45 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 6] Liked (3421 words)
I think there is one more chapter before the final showdown, which means we're nearly at the end! I honestly can't believe you guys are still sticking around lol. You are freaking amazing, and incredibly patient!!!

Beta'd by the awesome All4Spike! I tweaked the last scene quite a bit after her feedback, so I'm hoping there aren't any horrible errors. If there are, don't hesitate to let me know. :)

46. Chapter 46 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 3] (3266 words)
Previously: We learned the scythe has to be used by Buffy and Spike flipped out!

This chapter follows that little revelation. Hope you enjoy!

Beta'd by All4Spike. She's made of win!

47. Chapter 47 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 11] Liked (5362 words)
And the probably most anticipated chapter of the story is here! I made it extra long for you. ;) Sorry I'm posting it a bit late, but I've been finishing my major project. My uni should understand that I need to write Spuffy lovin'. I'm busy here, uni lecturers!

Previously: Buffy and Spike met Dru and Eline. They traded scowls.

Big thanks to All4Spike for betaing! :)

48. Chapter 48 by The Enemy of Reality [Reviews - 16] Liked (4216 words)
Okay, this is it, guys. The final chapter! If you made it this far, you're freaking amazing and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the reviews you lovely readers left. :) Enjoy!

Beta'd by All4Spike, the bestest beta of all!