Author's Chapter Notes:
*WARNING: There is more protective Spike ahead. Read at the risk of cringing from cheesiness :D*
I love all of you guys and thanks SO much 4 the reviews!!! Hope you all like this chapter!!!
The next day, Buffy spent hours on the phone talking to Willow about everything that had happened since the carnival. The red head was extremely happy with the results of the new neighbor boy. She had always felt bad for Buffy when it came to dating. Her blonde friend could just never seem to get lucky.

After hours of girl chat, then an hour and a half of mom chat, and ten minutes of telling Dawn to mind her own business, Buffy was up in her room rummaging through her closet. Her cover story for where she was going tonight was Greg’s, the movies, and then probably just driving around for a bit. She hated lying but knew it was necessary.

Her mother had given her a curfew of two in the morning, considering her daughter never stayed out too late in the past, Joyce felt Buffy deserved this. Besides, she knew that the new boy needed friends. This would be very good for William, or Spike, whichever name he went by. Even though Joyce knew he was a bit of a handful, she trusted her daughter and really didn’t think William was too bad of a kid. Besides, Buffy was seventeen.

***

The seventeen year old ran about her room like a chicken with her head cut off. She had no idea what to wear. She couldn’t wear something too revealing or else her mom would know she wasn’t going to the movies. And she couldn’t where flip flops and jean shorts. That was so not club attire. Given, she really had no idea what club attire was! God, she was going nuts.

It was time to call Anya.

Buffy grabbed her cell and phoned her friend. She knew Anya would know what to do in this situation. Buffy had already told her she was going on a date with Spike. She just hadn’t gone into all of the details like she had with Willow.

After about three rings Anya answered.
“Hi Anya, it’s Buffy.”
“Hello. Why are you calling?”
“Um, I need some help…”
“Does this have to do with Spike?”
“Uh, yeah actually. How’d you know?”
“You almost broke one of my eardrums earlier today squealing like a banshee when you told me he asked you out, so I figure that your mind probably isn’t thinking about much else that doesn’t include the Q-Tip.”

“The ‘Q-Tip’?” A beat. “You’ve been discussing nicknames for him with Xander haven’t you?”
“… Maybe.”
“Well, little tip, that one blows.”
“Hey, I came up with that one!”
“Sorry. Anyways, I need help. I- I don’t know what to wear. I want to wear something… something less… me.”
“So you’re going for something sexy?”
“Hey!”
“Oh you’re not offended, so don’t pretend to be. Now, what’s the problem? Just wear something sexy if you want.”
“I can’t. My mom would–”
“Oh, I got it. Well, just do what I do when I’ve gotta get past my dad.”
“Which is?”
“Wear something sexy kinda within an outfit that looks normal. You know, like wearing a knee length skirt then folding the waistband a few times once you’re out of the house.”
“Huh, I never woulda thought of that.”
“I do it all the time. You can wear a tube top underneath a T-shirt and hide heels inside a big purse. It isn’t that hard.”
“Thanks, Ahn.”
“No problem. Now, go a have fun date! Don’t forget the condom!”
“Anya! I’m not going to have sex!”
“Why not?”
“Be- Because. I- I‘m not- Just- No! I’m not re- ready for that.”

*sigh* “Fine. But you’re missing out. Xander and I have already done it fourteen times. He gives me wonderful orgasms. I’m sure Spike would-”
“Okay! Hanging up now.”
“Well I was just saying-”
“Goodbye, Anya.”
*click*

Buffy searched her closet. She would have to bring heels in her purse like Anya said, her mother would so know something was up if she didn’t. But other than that she could put together a club worthy outfit within an everyday one… she hoped.

Thank God she still had six hours, or she’d never be ready on time. Buffy had yet to pick out her clothes, and she had to find two outfits tonight. She needed to take a shower and do her hair and makeup. She would also need to eat dinner sometime between now and her date, if she could calm her stomach down enough to eat!

“Buffy! You have a delivery!”

What? Buffy ran down the stairs. “I have a-” She was stopped short when she saw a delivery man holding a hug vase full of flowers. The bouquet was beautiful, there were colors bursting everywhere. She had a moment of what could only be described as teenage-girl-giddiness when she squealed and ran and grabbed the vase, all the while ignoring her mother’s laughter.

Buffy inhaled deeply. The arrangement smelled heavenly.

Joyce took the bouquet from Buffy’s arms. “Honey, sign for the poor man.” She nodded toward the man holding a pen and clipboard.

“Oh sorry!” Buffy took her eyes away from the flowers and signed on the dotted line. “Thank you.”
“Have a good one.” The man smiled as he walked away.

Buffy closed the door and ran into living room where her mom had set the flowers. “Who’re they from?!” Buffy all but shouted. She really hoped her guess as to who sent them wasn’t wrong.

“Why don’t you look at the card, dummy?” Dawn walked into the room, cocky smirk on her face.
“Oh- I was… going to.” She lifted the card that was tied around the vase, tearing it off its tie.

When Buffy read it, she blanched.

*Dear Buffy,
I’m sorry.
-Riley.*

The blonde had a moment of paralyses. He apologized… for hitting me… in a card.

“What’s wrong honey?”
Buffy shook her head. “Huh?”
“Who are they from?”
“Huh? Oh. The flowers. Um, Riley.”
“Riley? Why is he sending you flowers?”

Buffy could tell her mother was anything but pleased to find out who the sender was. The teenager realized she would have to make up an excuse really quick. She was suddenly grateful for Riley’s pathetic and less than detailed apology note, should her mom happen to look at it.

“Um, he wanted to get back together with me a few days ago. I told him no and we talked. This is just an, ‘I’m sorry for how things went between us’ sorta thing. He knows, though. Ya know, that we are SO done. He just sent these to be nice.”

Joyce scowled but nodded. “Okay. You sure he knows that you two are through?”
“Oh yeah! He knows. He was just-”
“Being nice. I know. Okay, well… the flowers ARE pretty so I’m going to leave them here. Is that okay, Buffy?”

“Sure.” Buffy didn’t even realize she’d spoken. She just trotted up to her room, gripping Riley’s note in her hand.


She sat on the edge of her bed, still staring at the message.
*I’m sorry.*

After what happened he just sends a note with flowers? God, what a jerk! He didn’t even have the balls to come and say sorry to my face! He didn’t even ask if I was okay or thank me for not talking to the cops! He just sends a little present and expects things to be fine? Well that is just like Riley, if memory serves. God! I can’t even-

Buffy shook her head and tore up the note. She couldn’t let Riley get to her. This night was supposed to be fun. She was going on a date with a great guy and Riley was not going to be thought about. Nope. The bruise he’d left her was already fading and that stage makeup she had covered it well.

Buffy threw away the scraps of paper in her hand and left to take a shower. All thoughts of her ex left behind.

***

Spike got up around one, got Buffy’s fake ID made, and then proceeded to drive himself insane.

He was climbing the walls trying to find something to do in order to keep his distance from the petite blonde. He couldn’t go over there early now could he? He didn’t want to seem clingy and attached. They weren’t even in a relationship and already he missed her.

How scary was that?

All he could do was think about her beautiful eyes. Her smile, her golden hair and glowing skin. That evil, pouty lip and her adorable button nose. The sounds she made when he kissed her last night, every whimper, every moan, and every gasp was replaying in his mind. The taste of her mouth and the feel of her beneath him. She was pure art. He couldn’t get her off of his mind.

How was it that he’d only met this girl recently, had only talked to her a few times, and it felt like she was in his blood? He was desperate to see her; to watch her blush, to hear her voice, and to see her hair shine in the sunlight. God, he was already crazy about this chit.

Spike had so many thoughts of her running around in his head he decided to do something he hadn’t done since his mother died.

Write.

Spike fished through his chest at the foot of his bed and pulled out an old journal. The journal held dozens of poems he’d written, but it still had plenty of blank pages left inside. It wasn’t too big of a book. Just a small black notebook really, but it meant a lot to him.

Spike had started writing poetry when he was thirteen, and he stopped when he was fifteen, when his mom died. He hadn’t touched this book since the day of her funeral. He had lost his drive so he’d put the book at the bottom of his trunk, avoiding it.

But now…

Buffy had given him new inspiration. Even Drusilla hadn’t made him want to write again. Buffy had occupied every thought that flitted through his head, he found her endearing and adorable, angelic and warm. He knew she could have any guy she wanted and he wanted to be the one she chose. God, he was truly falling for this girl.

As Spike pressed a pen down to a blank page in his journal, he realized that he was really headed down a dangerous road; really fast. One he hadn’t gone down in a long time, and one he never thought he would again.

And Spike bloody well didn’t give a damn.

***

“Damn him. Ugh!”

Buffy had showered and gotten dressed before doing her makeup. She was almost finished but this last part was excruciatingly annoying to have to do.

She was furiously caking on concealer over the hickey that was so proudly displaying itself on the side of her neck. Earlier she had just thrown on a turtle necked, tank top to hide the bruise. But now, she’d have to use makeup to hide it. If she could…

The damn thing was so dark even her concealer wasn’t covering it completely. She had already used up the last of that stage makeup on the bruise Riley left. She realized now that she should have used the regular stuff on the mark on her jaw, and used the stage stuff on her neck. Considering the one on her neck was actually darker than the one she received from getting punched in the face!

God, what was that bleached boy, a vampire? The only thing Buffy could think of doing was wearing a scarf over it, but it was eighty degrees outside!

She wasn’t going to wear the same shirt she’d worn earlier to hide it. It was comfortable in the weather but definitely not suitable club attire. Even she knew that.

“Boys have GOT to stop bruising me.” Buffy muttered then sighed. “Well looks like it’s going to be hair down tonight.” She’d just have to keep her hair covering what the makeup couldn’t until she left the house. After she no longer had to worry about her mom, she could relax. Anyone else seeing the hickey wouldn’t matter. And something told Buffy that Spike would actually want people to see the mark he’d left on her. It was just a gut feeling, and call her crazy but…

She was pretty sure he meant to mark her, which honestly, didn’t bother her all too much. A part of her was a little proud of the love bite Spike had left her with. It was like saying she was his. And okay, given that this was the 21st century, it should bother her, but it didn’t. She thought it was kind of… sweet.

Buffy smacked her forehead. What was she doing? Getting ahead of yourself, that’s what.

They weren’t a couple. He asked her on a date but that was it. No strings attached. He likes you and you like him, but don’t start thinking this is super serious.

Sure, YOU’VE been thinking about his gorgeous eyes, and those killer cheekbones, and that adorable grin, ever since he left last night, but that doesn’t mean HE’S all crazy obsessive about YOU.

Time to take a step back, Buffy.

He’s just a guy and he probably thinks you’re pretty and sweet, but there is no way he’s getting caught daydreaming by his little sister when he’s supposed to be cleaning out the refrigerator.

Okay Buffy! There won’t even be a date if you don’t focus on getting ready for it. She sighed.

Buffy grabbed her curling iron and proceeded to curl the ends of her shiny, blonde hair. In her head she was trying desperately to think of an outfit, or outfits (plural), actually.

Okay, purple flippy skirt? No. Orange halter? Nope. Jean skirt? Hmm… maybe. White dress? Yeah right, because I want to flaunt my inexperience. Black corset? Because I want to pretend I AM experienced? Nu uh. Black V-neck? Maybe. Tight flare jeans? No. Dark blue skinny jeans? Now those are always drool worthy but... Nah. Champagne glitter top? Ooh, ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Buffy finished curling her hair and went to her closet. She pulled out a glittery champagne colored tank top. It was fitted and had a scoop neckline. The front was covered in sparkles. The reverse tied into a braided racer back all the way down to the small of her back.

The thing was, though, Buffy had never actually worn this pretty tank. It looked like tonight was going to be a first for her and for this backless little number.
Backless.

Okay, no way was she going with a skirt tonight, nu uh. Backless means jeans. They can be tight but jeans they must be…

And Buffy had just the pair!

She dropped to her knees and moved some things around at the bottom of her closet. She flung pair after pair of pants out of her way until she found…

There you are!

Buffy stood up and held the sexy pants out in front of her. She looked them over. They looked like they would still fit.

She quickly wiggled out of her shorts, pulled on the pants and walked to the mirror to inspect her now denim clad legs. She smiled to herself.

Perfect.

The skinny jeans she had on had been given to her from a friend at school as a 16th birthday present. The jeans were the tightest things in the world. They were black and hugged every curve imaginable. Buffy had always been too shy to wear them in public, but tonight…

She knew she had kept them for a reason.

Suddenly, an idea hit her. And she felt she was in just a crazy good enough mood to go through with it.

***

“Thanks mom. The pasta was really good.”
“Sure, sweetie. So are you just about ready for your date?”
“Yeah, I just have to change and grab my purse.”
“Okay, now remember: Keep your phone on and with you at all times. Don’t let this boy pressure you into something. Call me if you need ANYthing and don’t miss curfew.”

Buffy smiled. Her mother always recited this mantra when she went out on a date. “I promise mom.” She walked over and hugged the older woman. “Thanks again for giving me a later curfew.”

“You’re welcome. You are seventeen and I know that you kids like to stay out late, even when you’re not doing much of anything.”
“Are you calling us teenagers boring?” She teased.
“I never said that.”
“Uh huh.” Buffy smiled and kissed her mom on the cheek. “Well, anyways, thanks. I gotta go get ready.”
“Sure, honey.”

Buffy ran up the stairs to her bedroom. She was amazed she had actually gotten herself to calm down enough to eat anything. Well, if calming down equates to having your mom force food down your throat because she’s worried about your eating habits. Either way, she was glad she ate.

Buffy threw on her champagne racer back and pulled a big black T-shirt over it. She took a ponytail and tied the T-shirt taught behind her back. She put on her black sandals and grabbed her big black purse, shoving everything she needed inside.

Buffy took one last look in the mirror and headed downstairs.

Just as she reached the bottom of the staircase the doorbell rang. Buffy of course, not wanting to seem too eager sent a pleading look to her mother.

Joyce nodded and went to get the door as Buffy fled the room.

“Hello, Mrs. Summers.”
Buffy jumped at the voice she heard.

Riley.

Joyce scowled. “Riley, what are you doing here?” She didn’t even want to know where he got those bruises that decorated his face.

Buffy emerged from the living room. “Riley?”
“Hello, um, I’m sorry to disturb you so late at night. I was wondering if I might speak with Buffy for a minute?”

Joyce sent a look of question toward her daughter.

Buffy nodded. “Let’s talk on the porch.”
Joyce sent a glare in Riley’s direction for good measure.

Dawn ran into the room. “Is it her date?!”
Everyone looked at the young brunette.

“Date?” Riley asked, sending a puzzled look Buffy’s way.
“Yes. I’m expecting someone. He’s going to be here any minute.”
“So late?”

She did NOT like Riley questioning her. He didn’t have a right, he was just being nosy and she hated that. But, she might as well answer. She had no reason not to, so Buffy responded in a voice anything BUT friendly.
“My date is late because he was helping his father all day, and the earlier times the theatre was playing the movie we wanted to see weren’t going to work out. So that is why I’m going out at ten PM. Satisfied?” The fact that she was able to recite the same fib she’d told her mother once again, and this time without the stuttering, made her feel kind of proud.

Riley just nodded. “Sorry. It was none of my-”
“You’re right. It wasn’t. Now let’s make this quick, shall we?” Buffy stomped out onto the front porch and closed the door behind her. She was trying desperately to control the shakiness her body seemed so keen on cursing her with.

“What is it?”
“Wow, you’re in a hurry, huh?”
“A hurry to get away from you? Yes. Now what-” She took a breath. “What do you want?” Her voice was a harsh whisper.
“Buffy I- I wanted to talk to you…”

***

Spike exited his house and headed towards Buffy’s with a smile on his face. Was it wrong he was elated at the fact he would be seeing her soon?

He looked toward her porch just as he was approaching her house and the sight that greeted him stopped him dead in his tracks. His smile instantly disappeared.

Spike’s blood started boiling. His fists strangled the small bouquet of flowers he was carrying. His jaw clenched and his teeth ground. Why was that bastard coming anywhere NEAR her? Spike bounded toward the house and stopped at the bottom of Buffy’s stairs.

Buffy turned to face a distressed- no, not a distressed, a pissed off -Spike. A VERY pissed off Spike from the looks of things. She didn’t even get to speak before he was up the stairs and standing protectively in front of her.

“What the bloody hell are you doing here?” He ground out in a restrained voice.

Riley stammered before recognizing the man in front of him. It was that same guy who came in and stopped- Oh shit. Riley took a deep breath. “I wasn’t going to hurt her.”
“Damn right you weren’t.” Spike snarled and took a step closer to the other male.
Buffy put a tentative hand on Spike’s arm. “Spike. He was just talking.”
The bleached teen relaxed a little under Buffy’s touch. Just a little.

“Then he can talk with me here.” He turned and brought Buffy out from behind him to hold a protective arm around her shoulders “You were sayin?”
Riley stammered once again. “Uh- I-I was pretty much done. I was just apologizing for the other night and… It- It won’t happen again. I’m gonna quit, Buffy. I promise you.”
Buffy gave an understanding nod but didn’t smile. “I wish you luck.”

Riley nodded a goodbye towards the girl, his face holding a tight lipped smile.

Spike never let the glare leave his eyes as Riley walked down the steps. He took a sideways glace at the girl in his arms. She was shaking slightly and her eyes were focused on her clasped hands.

“Hey, Riley.” He spat the oaf’s name like it was a poison.

The football player turned around at the bottom of the steps.
“Those are some right pretty bruises you got there.”
Riley put a hand up to his face.
“I’ve got no problem adding more.” Spike moved his arm around to Buffy’s waist and pulled her closer.

“You’re threatening me.” Riley was honestly just making a statement. He wasn’t actually challenging the guy in front of him.

“Did I stutter?” Spike let the question lie there unanswered for a minute, for it was rhetorical, before speaking again. “Touch Buffy again, and see if you wake up after I beat you unconscious.” He snarled his words, sounding something akin to a wild dog.

Riley just nodded, wide eyed. He couldn’t, and didn’t, blame her date for being protective.

The man spun around once again and finally left the Summers' front yard.

Riley was gone.

Spike turned Buffy to face him. “Are you okay?”
“… Yeah. I’m fine. He just wanted to apologize and stuff.”
“You sure you’re alright?”

Buffy looked up into his bluer than blue eyes, and what she saw made her gasp. There was so much concern and worry behind his cobalt stare. His face held a distressed frown and his eyebrows were drawn together. He was so obviously alarmed as to whether she was okay or not that it made her heart melt and her body calm. His eyes kept flitting across her features and her figure like he was checking for any noticeable changes. She took a breath and smiled weakly. “Yeah. I’m alright.”

Spike finally felt his body relax and leaned down to rest his forehead against hers. He let out a breath he didn’t know he’d been holding and dropped the flowers in his hand. He squeezed his eyes shut unaware that Buffy’s were fixed on his expression. He was just so relieved she was okay, that she hadn’t been hurt again.

She was caught in Spike’s embrace, his arms banded around her waist and her hands fisting his T-shirt. She stood up on her tip toes and gave him a light kiss on his lips. His eyes opened at the contact only to close once again as he deepened the kiss.

Spike tightened his grip on the girl in front of him. He pulled away when they both needed air and placed a long, lingering kiss on her forehead.

Buffy smiled. Then she looked down and saw a small, crushed bouquet of flowers on the ground. She frowned and bent down to pick them up.

“Oh…” Spike rolled his eyes at himself. Good job crushin the flowers, mate. He chastised himself. “They got kinda…”
“Smooshed?” Buffy smiled, still looking at the flowers in her hands.
“Well… they weren’t before I saw Captain Cardboard standin up here talkin to you. Then I kinda… I musta thought they were his neck or somethin.”

Buffy tentatively fingered the flowers. “They’re pretty.”

Spike blinked. He looked down at the broken stemmed bouquet. The ribbon he’d used to tie them with was wrinkled and the bow was crushed; and a lot of petals were missing. He’d picked them from his backyard when he noticed the abundant amount of foliage growing there and put them together himself as well as he could. Add his crappy florist skills to the state they were in now and the flowers looked anything BUT pretty. “Bollocks. I shoulda just bought you some. I’m sor-”
“Don’t you dare apologize.” Buffy didn’t look away from the bouquet. “You picked them yourself?”
“Yeah… Look you don’ have to keep em, I-”

Buffy cradled the flowers in her arm and arched up to give Spike a kiss on his cheek, effectively shutting him up.

“Thank you. They’re still pretty even though they’re smooshed.” She smiled warmly and took Spike’s hand, leading him inside.

Spike could have sworn he almost fainted. He’d never felt light headed before. Never. But this woman was going to make him feel like that a lot he realized. She was just too amazing.

Once inside, Buffy was faced with her mom and Dawn, both with curious stares on their faces.

“Wait a second. You go out with one guy, and come back in with another? Explain please.” Dawn crossed her arms over her chest.
Buffy rolled her eyes. “Dawn, Mom, this is Spike.” Buffy gestured.

Joyce shook his hand and Dawn just stared appraisingly from a corner.

“Nice to properly meet you both.” He nodded and smiled politely.
“That’s right. We’ve seen each other before.”

Spike kicked himself internally. He wouldn’t have been so rude in the past if he’d known he was going to become so crazy about the girl still holding his hand. Damn his stubborn need to be an ass to everyone because his dad pissed him off. “Right. I’m sorry about that. I was havin a bad day and-”
“No worries. It’s forgotten.” Joyce smiled.

Buffy relaxed. She was grateful her mom let Spike’s past behavior go so easily. The girl knew her mother would, but still, she was grateful.

“I appreciate that. Thank you.” Spike smiled and breathed a sigh of relief.
“Why’s your hair that color?” Dawn blurted from her spot.
“Dawn!” Buffy and Joyce scolded in unison, causing Spike to chuckle.
“It’s alright. My hair’s this color cuz I dye it.”
“How come?”
“Just like it I guess.”
“Aren’t you sure?”
He smirked. “Yeah, I am. I like it better than my natural color.”
“What’s your natural color?”
“Okay! Dawn leave before I MAKE you leave.” Buffy threatened.
“I was just talkin to him! Jeez!”
“Okay honey, go on upstairs.” Joyce told her youngest.
“But-”
“No ‘buts’. Now go.”
Dawn pouted and trudged up the stairs.
“Nice meetin you, Bit.”
Dawn turned and tilted her head. “I think I like you. Don’t scare him away, okay Buffy?”
“Dawn! Up. Stairs.” Joyce scolded, and Spike still couldn’t help but chuckle a little.

Buffy pursed her lips and then smiled apologetically up at her date. “Sorry about her.”
“No problem. She’s a cute kid.”

Joyce eyed the broken bouquet in her daughter’s hand. “Where are those from? Did Riley bring you more flowers?”

Buffy’s eyes went wide. Thanks a lot mom! She really didn’t want Spike to know Riley had gotten her flowers. Especially considering that Spike was obviously embarrassed at his small arrangement, and Riley’s were professional and vibrant. The thing was, Buffy would gladly throw Riley’s out the window and keep Spike’s, but she knew her mom liked arrangements and Riley’s were beautiful. Still, Buffy had turned to jello when she found out Spike picked the flowers himself AND unknowingly destroyed them because he saw Riley near her and got angry. Yeah, Mr. Leather knowing about “Captain Cardboard’s” bouquet would be of the bad, but it was too late now.

“No. These are Spike’s but they kinda got… crushed.”

Joyce looked at Spike to see him holding looks of confusion, annoyance, and embarrassment on his face. She looked back at the flowers in Buffy’s hand and gathered they must have been handpicked. She thought it very sweet Spike did something like that, but she didn’t know how they’d gotten so damaged. Joyce took the flowers from Buffy and eyed them accordingly. “You can dry them.”

Buffy relaxed and smiled. “Perfect. Will you go hang them up in my room for me? We better get going.”

Joyce nodded and said goodbye to the two teens, being sure to remind them of the time they were supposed to be back. She walked up the stairs as Buffy went to fetch her purse from the living room.

“White Bread get you those?” Spike nodded to the giant bunch of flowers on the coffee table, hands stuffed deeply into his duster pockets.

White bread? Hmm, odd nickname. Buffy walked over to her date, bag in hand. “He sent them earlier today, as an ‘I’m sorry’ sort of deal. I’m just keeping them cuz mom likes em.”

Spike clenched his jaw and nodded. He really didn’t care if Buffy kept Riley’s bouquet… much. Mostly he was just annoyed at himself for not thinking of sending her flowers instead of bringing her that scraggily set he’d arranged. It was the poet in him making a romantic gesture he supposed.

Buffy crinkled her nose. “Did you just refer to Riley as ‘white bread’ a second ago?”
Spike smirked and looked down at the blonde beauty before him “No originality. Uninteresting. Typical farm boy lookin ponce.”
“Ah. Like white bread. Plain.” Buffy nodded her understanding. “So, ready?”
“You’re askin me?”
She blushed. “Well… okay. I’ll give you that one. But I AM ready.”
“Whatever you say Goldilocks.” Spike swung an arm around his date and pulled her in for a kiss.

“OoooOoooh! Spike and Buffy sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love-”
“Dawn!”
“You two were kissing!”
“Oh, like you’re such a stranger to it! Maybe I should call up Terrance and ask him-”
“I’m gone!” With that Dawn flew up the stairs and into the safety of her bedroom.

Buffy smiled. “Ha! Now I have something to shut her up with.”
“Terrance?”
“Her little boyfriend. Ooh.” She cringed. “It’s weird to say my younger sister has a boyfriend.”

Spike arched a disapproving brow. “That little bit has a boyfriend?”
“He’s new.”
“Have you met him?”
She smiled. “Um, yeah. I’ve known him as long as she has. They’re really good friends.”
“How old is she?”
“Dawn? She’s twelve.”
“Twelve?!”
“Relax, Mister Big Brother, she’s fine. Terrance is a sweetie. There’s nothin to worry about.”

Spike couldn’t explain the feeling he was experiencing, but just the thought of some boy kissing Buffy’s little sis was bothering him. He supposed he was feeling a little bit like an older brother. “Sorry. Don’t know what it is but- She’s just… She’s as innocent as you and m’not too excited ‘bout that innocence getting tainted.” He grinned then curled his tongue. “Not like I am about yours...”

Buffy pursed her lips daringly. “Oh really? Well let’s get started then, shall we?”

Spike almost choked on his tongue at her words. And before his brain could catch up with him, he was being led out the door by a skipping Buffy.


Chapter End Notes:
So what d'ya think?? Review please