Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey look! finally made myself a banner! :) Got the pix from blessed google images, and the rest was done on paint and PicMonkey.com (It used to be a different banner but i made a new one and added it 4/23/12). I'm totally amateur at banners so I know it isn't the best but I sorta like it :] Anyways, here is chapter 15. Hope ya like!! :) *WARNING: Some sappiness ahead*
Buffy was holding onto Spike in a vise grip as he sped down the street. He couldn’t read her thoughts, and for that she was thankful. Very thankful, because for the life of her, Buffy couldn’t understand why or when her opinion of motorcycles had changed. The moment Spike had started the bike- and yes, she was calling it a bike now –Buffy’s heart started racing in excitement. She hadn’t said a single word when he asked her if she was ready, only nodded her assent. And she hadn’t let go of his waist the entire time they were riding, not because she was scared, but because she was thrilled and energized like never before.



She loved it. She loved the bike, the wind, the speed, everything! Hell, even the disapproving looks they were getting from the townspeople as Spike revved through Moon Stream were making her smile. She wasn’t sure she was ready for her boyfriend to know just how much she loved this ride, or the fact that it was the most fun she’d had in her life. She was having a ball but she was still Buffy; Miss Must Keep Face. But if Spike kept gaining speed, she knew she’d be ripping off the helmet he gave her any minute now and throwing her arms up in the air.





Her platinum driver paused at a stop sign. “Wanna hit the highway, pet? I’ve only been able to top out around forty five on these roads.” He had to raise his voice over the sound of the engine.

Buffy lifted the visor on her helmet. “You’ve only been going forty five miles an hour?”

“Yeah. What d’you think I was goin?”

“Ummm… I don’t know. But the highway?”

“Yeah. How ‘bout it?”



Spike saw that gleam in her eye the second he had revved up the engine. He knew she was enamored with his two-wheeled baby. And the second he hit the pavement, her grip on his body had almost tightened enough to cut off his air supply, but he knew it was more from excitement than fear. Spike was positive Buffy was in love with the motorcycle as much as he was. That’s when the idea hit him to take this little adventure up a notch.



He knew what her answer was going to be before she even spoke.

“Let’s do it.”

He was right.

“Can I take the helmet off?”

That, he wasn’t expecting.

“What?”



“I don’t wanna wear the helmet. And something tells me that you wouldn’t have suggested the highway unless you knew how much I was enjoying this so, I want the helmet gone. I wanna feel the wind in my hair.”



Spike was speechless. Stunned. Completely caught off guard.



This woman was absolutely perfect.



He tore the helmet off her face and kissed her hard. When he pulled away he offered her the sunglasses he was wearing. “Don’t want bugs flying in those pretty eyes of yours.”

“Thanks.” She grinned.



“You’re welcome.” He smiled softly and pressed a kiss to her lips before pulling the helmet over his bleached head.

Spike sped off in the direction of the highway, performing a wheelie just to make Buffy squeal in delight.



***



Buffy had her arms above her head and her back leaned against the back of her seat. She held a bright smile and felt like she was flying. Never had speeding down a highway with her boyfriend on the back of a motorcycle been one of the things Buffy would have thought she’d do before she died. She couldn’t believe she used to think motorcycles were trashy and stupid. She had been completely wrong. They were fun and fast; cool and exhilarating. She was so happy she’d met Spike, for she would never have had set foot on a motorcycle if he hadn’t been her driver; she was sure of that.



Spike caught a glimpse of Buffy in his rear view mirror; she looked like she was on top of the world. Her smile was so bright, so beautiful. Her arms were raised and she would let out a “Wooh!” every now and then. God, she was truly amazing. He couldn’t believe she’d taken to the bike so quickly, but bloody hell if he wasn’t happy about it! He couldn’t wait to show her off to the gang. Buffy would love the circle and Spike’s friends would warm up to her instantly. He got the feeling she might even fit in better with his pals than he did. She was just so alive, sweet, and so kind; nobody could not love her.



Spike was pulled from his thoughts when a convertible to his right caught his attention. The car was one of those pricey new hot shots that cost a fortune and could only fit about five people comfortably. Except the guys in this cherry red coupé didn’t seem to be bothered by the sardine can they were currently riding in, for there were eight of the morons stuffed inside. And every one of them had their eyes set on Buffy.





The girl finally noticed the testosterone filled vehicle to her right. A group of boys were all yelling and whistling at her, calling her sexy and holding fake finger phones up to their ears while mouthing “Call me.” One of the guys even lifted up his shirt to show her his very unimpressive abs.

God, what douche bags…



Buffy glanced at a mirror attached to the head of the motorcycle and watched Spike’s face as he took notice of the little show the boys were putting on for her.



Despite the fact Spike was wearing a helmet Buffy could still read his face pretty well beneath the clear visor. First she saw what she was pretty sure was confusion, and then an eyebrow quirked. Annoyance flashed in his eyes followed by jaw clenching, which signaled more than a little anger.





Buffy decided to rectify this situation.



Spike was pulled out of his thoughts of how to run the convertible of blighters who insisted on hitting on his girl off the road when Buffy leaned in and wrapped her arms leisurely around his waist, tightening her legs against his outer thighs. He looked in his mirror just in time to catch her leaning in to kiss him on the shoulder and smile. Then he saw her turn toward the convertible and wave mockingly before bringing her hand back into place around his waist, and then resting her head against his back. Spike smirked, sent it in the direction of the now hollering males, and sped up abruptly, breaking the speed limit.



Buffy was being taken over by the velocity. The wind attacking her hair and the rush of the speed, she felt like she was a million miles away from everything she’d ever known. She felt like she was safe and like she was falling at the same time. She felt like she could do absolutely anything in that moment. For the first time ever she felt a combination of emotions that sent her into elation; she felt carefree, happy, lost, and a little…



Brazen.



Buffy leaned up toward Spike and licked his neck, causing him to swerve and almost lose control. Buffy simply giggled after he had found his place on the road again, and she almost broke out into hysterical laughter when he increased his speed and grinned devilishly beneath the visor.



Dear GOD, was she TRYING to kill them both?! He knew Buffy wasn’t afraid anymore but to actually do… The second Spike regained control of the bike he sped up and decided he wanted to stop somewhere- anywhere -ASAP. If he didn’t get to properly touch his girl soon he’d- Oh balls.



Buffy let her hand slip to Spike’s denim clad crotch, causing a serious stiffening of his back, and something else which made her blush. Having her head on his back once again, she heard him growl in response and smiled to herself. She loved riding the motorcycle, but she really wanted to drive him crazy and make him pull over just so she could kiss him. She missed his touch, the way he made her feel…



Spike almost lost control of the bike again when he felt Buffy nibbling his neck, her hand still placed on his lap. If she didn’t stop this soon, they were both going to crash. With relief Spike noticed an exit where he knew there was a nice little fast food joint not too far away. He sped up the ramp.



Buffy knew Spike was getting off the highway for the exact same reason she wanted to, which was good considering his smile was really getting to her. She still had a good view of his face in the rear view mirror and that mouth of his was just sooooo tempting to kiss. It was driving her batty.



So she decided that she wanted to drive him a little bit batty too…



Spike was grateful they had stopped at a red light when Buffy decided that dipping her hand into his jeans to grip his length would be a good way to drive him INSANE. He took in a sharp gasp and groaned at the feel of her hand. He was sure he was going to die on this motorcycle. Spike closed his eyes in pure tortured bliss and clenched his jaw, searching for control. Only a car honk brought him back to Earth and he quickly drove off in the direction of the fast food place.



Buffy felt a sense of womanly pride wash over her when she saw Spike’s reaction to her bold move. After he pulled away from the stop light she removed her hand, and she could tell her boyfriend was disappointed. But that was okay, he’d have her soon enough…



Spike pulled into the parking lot of a place called The Bunny Hutch not five minutes later. Buffy, smart girl that she was, decided it’d be fun to play a game…



Cat and mouse.



Said mouse hopped off the bike before Spike even had a chance to fully stop it and park. She dropped her sunglasses but didn’t bother to pick them up. She needed to run- fast –if she was going to get out of there. The girl was pretty sure she heard Spike call out her name right before the engine died, then when the roaring subsided, she was sure she heard him.



“Buffy!”

“Catch me if you can!” She called out in a sing song voice right before darting off into a wooded area.



Spike flew off of his bike in a blur of white and black as he charged after the giggling nymph who insisted on torturing him. Little tease…



Buffy ran like the wind, knowing Spike was hot on her tail. She stumbled over a couple rocks but didn’t let them slow her down. She heard him speeding towards her, leaves and twigs crushing underneath his feet making his approach noisy. When she heard a loud “Oomph!” followed by a “Bloody hell!” cursed from behind her, she had to laugh. An answering growl made her run faster.



Spike was ready to scream when he fell. He was getting so close to her but then his foot just had to find a tree root. And when Buffy laughed and managed to get even farther away from him, he had simply had enough.



Buffy ran as fast as her legs would carry her when she heard Spike quickly approaching again, and this time she could tell he had renewed vigor in his step. She jumped over rocks and bushes; ran around trees and dodged low branches. She started zigzagging, hoping it’d be harder for him to follow her path.



Buffy was still running when she realized she couldn’t hear Spike behind her anymore. She slowed down and came to a shaky stop, breathing heavily. She looked around but all she saw were green leafed trees and bright flowers decorating mossy earth. She looked up and could see bright sunshine shooting through breaks in the leafy ceiling of the forest. In the distance she could hear birds chirping and what sounded like a babbling brook, but no footsteps. She scrunched her nose in confusion.



Then she heard a twig crack.



“Oh… So you’re messin with me, hmm?” She turned in a circle while a smirk graced her lips. “Come out n’ play Spikey…” Buffy caught something out of the corner of her eye and smiled. Then she bolted in the opposite direction. “Too slow!” She shouted at the emptiness behind her.



Spike rolled his eyes at Buffy’s damn alertness. Why’d she have to be so bloody difficult? Couldn’t she see she was driving him to the edge? When he caught his golden girl he was going to show her exactly why you didn’t tease the Big Bad.



Spike dashed after her once again, this time not paying attention to anything except for the exquisite shape of his prey in the distance. She was fast and clever, turning whenever she could and making the chase extremely difficult. This whole situation was making him think seriously about quitting smoking. He didn’t light up that often but knew his lungs would be grateful if he stopped altogether.



When Buffy turned a corner she came to a fork in the road. She took a second to look at both paths before choosing the one that was less traveled by. She ducked behind a wide tree trunk to catch her breath.



Spike stopped at the forked path, breathing heavily as he debated which way the little pixie would have chosen. He thought he heard her cough to his left and caught a glimpse of movement just to the side of a large tree trunk.



Left it is then.



As he approached he kept quiet, stepping only on cleared patches of ground and flat stones. He didn’t dare breathe, he moved stealthily, like a cat.



Buffy heard something behind her but before she could run Spike was in front of her.



The Brit caught sight of Buffy’s flushed face, her sparkling and startled eyes staring up at him, her golden wispy locks of hair framing her delicate features. He didn’t think it was possible but his desire for her increased.



He grabbed hold of her arms and yanked her close.


Chapter End Notes:
What did ya guys think??? I'm dying now, I gotta know! Oh, and The Bunny Hutch is a cute little fast food place that's located right next to a miniature golf place in my city. Thought it'd be cute to add it into the story.
**Just a little bit of smut coming in the next chapter**