Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah yeah yeah, i know im late- what else is new lol
sorry, but here's #30 hope you like!
He knew it was different with this one. This girl, the beautiful siren who was dancing with those she called strangers not too long ago but none of whom fell under such a detached category anymore.





Every twist lit a fire in his bones, every smile made him mimic it, every hair flip sent blood pumping faster, and every look she offered him both teased limits and called his name.





She would wink at him, grin in his direction, or just simply glance his way- and every time eye contact was made he knew she was both luring him and testing him.





How long would it take the boy to go get his girl?





He spent half an hour having a good time with those of his friends who were not dancing by the DJ stand, all the while taking repeated glances over at Buffy just to see her, make sure she was still having a good time; which she was.





And it was through these glances that Spike found himself thinking about how important she was to him.





Long ago, he had been head over heels in love with another woman; Drusilla. And he held no doubt that he would have died for her in the past, she’d been his majestic, raven haired beauty. His black goddess.





Spike had loved her wholeheartedly and passionately. He’d loved her so much that the pain when she left had been unbearable.





But if Buffy disappeared, the suffering he’d endured after Drusilla would seem like a walk in the park; and Spike knew this with all the fear the mere thought of losing Buffy brought to his heart.





He’d known right off the bat what would happen if he let his guard down around the Summers girl. But the Brit had stopped caring pretty quickly, in part because she’d attacked his defenses without even trying. And he learned that Buffy was different from Dru. Sweeter. Her whole spirit was lighter.





Now she was everything to him.





She was unique, and it was scary how much her heart mattered when it came to the wellbeing of his own.





His entire plan to hate everything about moving out of the city hadn’t worked out so well…





Moon Stream was still a dull little place to live, but if Buffy was there Spike honestly couldn’t care where the hell he set up camp.





To say that fact was scary was an understatement.





Even if this place they were at now didn’t exist, where cars raced against invisible bullets and tires screeched louder than a banshee’s lungs, the bleached rebel knew that Buffy would have made everything better for him just simply by being around.





So it was hard for him to go a long period of time without wanting to touch her, look at her, talk to her- just have some sort of contact with her. It was like he needed a Buffy fix every once in a while, just to make sure she was still really THERE, loving the stubbornness and unruliness that was him. He was rough and she was soft, she was light while he was dark.





And yet they fit perfectly together.





It was like they filled in the blanks of the other. Spike helped Buffy bring out her inner demon and accept it, while she made him face his more loving side, the William in him.





Spike had been doing things as of late- writing poetry in his little notebook, usually inspired by Buffy or something she’d said. With agitated acceptance he’d started doing the dishes if his father wasn’t home, along with taking out the garbage. And with annoyance, the teen realized he’d been feeling guilty about fighting with his dad. Every time they got into an argument now he could hear Buffy scolding him. She’d once said that she liked his dad, and that he was a sweet man.





The chit had guilted him into being nicer to his father without even realizing it- On top of that, she calmed down his inner devil.





Turned me into a bloody nancy-boy is what she’s done, Spike thought to himself.





She’d made him want to be good. For her. The Pratt boy still felt sometimes that Buffy deserved better than him, hell he felt she deserved better than any earthly man, but being with her made him want to be right for her.





Like he said, this one was different. She was special and strong and golden- and shit he just hoped he never lost her. The thought made his stomach turn and twist in very, very unpleasant ways.





The teenager dug into his duster pocket and grabbed a fag, lighting it a moment later with his silver Zippo and a flick of the wrist.





Maybe he’d go have a dance with her in a bit.





“Hey Spike.” The teen felt a slight slap to his shoulder.





“Yeah, mate?” Eyes tearing away from his steamy vixen, he turned around to see Gunn standing there with someone unknown. The stranger was tall, with brown hair and a thin jaw. His eyes were grey and the guy’s complete appearance… well to be truthful the bloke’s whole demeanor was just... off.


“New guy here- The name’s John.” Gunn said.


Spike nodded. “‘Ello.”





The latest arrival looked the bleached male up and down, sizing him up as all men did one another. He stuck out his hand in greeting, although the gesture seemed a bit forced, and Spike accepted it with just as much repugnance, and just as much civility.





“And you are?”


“Spike.” He answered simply.


The man seemed to take a minute and process this reply. “I assume that’s a nickname?” He asked with a slight scoff.


Lips pursed, the Brit nodded.





“How’d you get it?”


“Long story. Has to do with a… past hobby of mine.” No, he was not about to tell the git all about his car thieving habits, even though the man being here in the first place probably meant that he himself wasn’t any saint. But Spike hadn’t even played at that game since Chicago.





John bobbed his head. “Kay then. So Gunn, care to show me where the drinks are? I want something with preferably way too much alcohol in it.”





As the two men headed off in search of booze, Spike narrowed his eyes at their retreating forms.


He didn’t think he was going to like this new prat.





***





Buffy yelled over the music into Fred’s ear. “I’m getting a drink, be back in a sec!”





The brunette nodded and the Summers woman bounced over to her boy-toy, wrapping her arms around his neck and planting a smooch on his cheek.





The reaction was instantaneous. He spun around and locked her in his embrace, claiming her neck with kisses. “Was just about to come an get you.”


“Oh you were, were you?” She said, trying hard to form words as she caught her breath while dealing with the feel of his lips on her throat.





He nuzzled his face against her skin, pulling her a little closer as he got a whiff of her hair.


“Do you still have my drink?”





Nodding in the affirmative Spike reluctantly turned away from her and got the can off the hood of his car. Handing it over and answering the girl’s “Thank you” with a “Sure, love.”





She sipped the yummy beverage and placed a kiss to her boyfriend’s lips. Gazing up into his bluer than blue eyes and smiling at the contented look on his face; she really loved him and was still getting used to just how much- which she wasn’t sure would ever even happen because…





God he was incredible. In his “I’m a badass rebel/heartfelt poet” way he was so remarkable. Like a walking contradiction. One minute he was playing with her hair and the next he was playing with her bra strap. Or he’d say something crude that raised a blush to her face, the next second he’d spit out deep words of feeling that bordered on cornball but somehow sounded beautiful.





She loved everything about him, even the things she didn’t like she loved because they made him Spike. Her spike.





Oh but she’d still get pissed off at her bleached boyfriend pretty easily sometimes, but he’d take it and give back to her everything she gave him. Their relationship was fun, and still held onto the caring.





And the heat… ugh, she was still quivering from the car-gasm not too long ago.





Thinking about it, Buffy decided to do one of her favorite things… Tease Spike.


She put her energy soda back down on the hood of the Desoto.





Standing on her tip toes the girl leaned up the last inch or two her heels didn’t offer her, and nibbled lightly on Spike’s earlobe. She slipped a hand discreetly down his jeans (thank God for that coat), cupping his bare bottom before sliding the feeler over towards the zipper and…





“Christ, you love to torture me don’ you?” He whispered hotly in her ear once she gripped the length of him.





“And you love being tortured.” Her palm was now running up and down his shaft as slowly as possible, although it was hard to even try moving quickly with such tight denim confining everything.





He groaned. “I’ve created a monster.”


She responded by squeezing him, which got her a growl and a nip to the neck. “You complaining?”





“Never.” And he forcibly pulled her hand away from its torturous antics and hauled her whole body into his, capturing her lips for a brief yet scorching kiss.





“Wanna step away for a minute, love?”


Her hazy eyes bugged once the words registered. “Wa- Here? Now?!”


“That was the idea.”


“No! Are you crazy?!” She pulled back and looked at him like he’d sprouted a unicorn horn.





Spike smiled at her. Oh, this was gonna be fun.





“Oh c’mon… Doesn’ it tickle your fancy just a tad? Thinkin of you an me…” He ran his palm around her neck and leaned in to speak softly against her hair, making sure she heard him. “Your hot skin rubbin against mine as we writhe into each other, as I grind hard against your clit and make you moan… for me.” He bit that little spot behind her ear and relished in her labored breathing. “I can see it, Buffy. Your head thrown back, biting those delectable lips of yours as I pound IN. and OUT. of you.”





God damn it how’d he turn this around on her?!





He linked his finger through a belt loop and drew her pelvis forward, starting to grind her form into his own. “Your tight little quim stranglin me as I rub that place you’ll want my hand the most. And every whimper you make as I lick your juices off of my fingers, every sigh that only says you want more…” He slowly dragged a cool hand up and down her arm, leaving goose bumps. “Every time you beg for me, call out my name as I get you sweaty and slick- I’ll give you so much that you won’t know if you want me to stop or continue when it all gets to be too much.”





Holy- This was ridiculous. Like seriously! She was ready to rip off her clothes right there. This kind of power over someone’s hormones shouldn’t be possible.





His breath was on her ear and his whispers we’re so moist she wasn’t sure how she was able to keep from shivering. “I’ll make you come so hard you won’t even care ‘bout the people right around the corner who can hear you screaming as I fuck you.”





An involuntary mewl escaped her.


He growled in response, gripping her shoulders roughly. “That’s my kitten. Lemme show everyone who you belong to.”





His voice was coarse and she was done. She felt light headed. A girl could only take so much.





“Let me make you CREAM.”


She grabbed his duster’s lapels and hauled his mouth to her own, ravenously attacking him like a woman starved.





When she pulled away his eyes were almost completely swallowed up by black, and she was sure hers looked the same. “Take me. Anywhere.”





Spike smirked at the demand. Time to find a nice little spot where-





“Are you guys always all over each other?”


And the peroxide blonde let out an agitated “fuck” under his breath. Couldn’t he get a little time alone with his lady?


Buffy released a pathetic whimper at Cordelia’s voice. After getting all worked up now she’d have to skedaddle back off to the dance floor.





“Pretty much.” She still managed to answer the brunette’s snarky question, even though her breathing was a bit uneven.


“Well you two have time for hormone exchanges later. Let’s get back out by the girls.”





“The girls can-” Spike was just about to tell Cordy that she could sod off when Gunn joined in on the conversation.


“Eh Cordy! I want you to meet someone.”





The tall female turned to her other friend’s voice and smiled charmingly at his companion.





As introductions were made less than a foot away from the still embraced couple, both of the seventeen year olds happily ignored the others and mentally raced to think of a location that would suffice for a little fun.





Of course neither of them thought of a spot to sneak off to before Buffy’s name was called.


The blonde woman turned her head at Gunn’s shout. “Oh sorry- What was that?”





“This is John. He’s a newbie too, just like yourself.” And introductions were made once again, with Buffy offering a nice hello which John responded to with a leer and a smile.





The smile she saw and returned. The leer she didn’t even detect.





Spike though...





Knew there was a reason I din’t like this wanker.





“Buffy huh? Cool name. What’s it mean?”


She frowned slightly. “Uh- M’not sure. I never looked it up.”


“Well, pretty name for a pretty girl.” He spoke flirtatiously, but not enough to be deemed inappropriate, as he raised his hand holding a beer in her direction.





She grinned. “Thank you.”





Spike was jaw clenching.





“Alright, well- If you’ll excuse us, we’re heading back out to the DJ stand.” Cordelia took Buffy’s hand and started leading her away. “No one ever wants to dance with me- So tonight, I’m gonna milk it!”





Buffy laughed and was about to move out of her boyfriend’s arms to follow when-


“You are NEVER borrowin anything of mine again!”





All heads turned in the direction of Fred’s voice.





“Well why the hell not?!” Faith boomed.





Annie was in tow of the two bickering females. She sent a sympathetic shrug Cordelia’s way at the sound of the brunette’s annoyed “I swear, if I have to go back out there and make do dancing with groping sleaze balls I’m so kicking someone’s ass.”





Wesley approached the group just then, curious as to what had gotten his girlfriend so riled. He sent a look towards Gunn that said “What’s going on?”, but the Brit only received a confused expression in return.





“God! You’re about as trustworthy as a fox in a hen house!” Fred yelled.


“Oh no, was that- Faith you got her usin southern sayings again!” Annie chastised.


“It’s not my fault- Tell Dorothy to get a grip. She’s overreacting!”


The southern belle spun around, aggravation sparking from her eyes. “*I’M* overreactin?! You gotta be as dumb as a bag full a hammers!” And her accent seemed to get thicker with every word.





“M’sorry! I’ll fix it alright- tomorrow night!”


“Do you think she meant for that to rhyme?” Buffy mumbled in Spike’s ear, and got a smile from him.





“Were you even gonna tell me if I hadn’t a asked you about it?!”


“Yes! ... Okay, no.”


“You conniving little-”





And Wesley finally decided to step in on that note. “Whoa whoa, wait a minute, what is all this about?”


“Faith crashed my bike!”


“It’s just a side swipe!”


“The Harley?! Faith!” Wes scolded.





“Oh calm down! I don’t see any of you askin HOW the bike got damaged or if *I* was by any chance hurt- So relax before you have all the facts.”





Winifred stalked up to her friend. “I’m sorry. But seeing as you’re standing right here being as irritatin as ever, I don’t think I have to worry too much about your health! HOWEVER- I WOULD like to know how you managed to fuck up my motorcycle! Please, I’d really like to know how much money it is gonna cost YOU to fix whatever the hell you messed up!”





“Okay everyone needs to take a breath before I smack y’all upside yo stupid heads!” Gunn’s voice boomed, successfully silencing the argument that was beginning to draw about as much attention as his and Annie’s races did. “Now look, you both know what’s gonna happen here. Right Wes?”





That was Mr. Price’s cue to elaborate, and he took it with practiced ease. The entire group had been through this kind of thing more times than anyone could count. And somehow it never ended in a catfight, although there were times when it had come close.


“Faith, you will pay for any and all damages to Fred’s bike. And Fred…” He turned to his girlfriend’s still frowning face. “You’re going to stop pouting, and accept Faith’s apology-”


“She didn’t-”


“Which will be given right now- Faith.” And the man nodded his head expectantly.





The forced maturity that was placed on the two brunettes had everyone smiling, except for the dames who were busy begrudgingly making amends.





They’d be over it in half an hour.





Buffy looked dazedly at Spike, who’s arms were wrapped loosely around her waist, and she blinked. The whole of the event that had played out before her eyes just now fogged her brain. The sudden argument that she swore would’ve concluded with someone’s wrist left in a cast, but surprisingly had ended as quickly as a person turning off a light switch.





It was strange and amusing.





All she could ask her boyfriend was, “Does this happen a lot?”


“Enough to the point where I’m used to it, ducks.” He smirked.


She grinned. “I think I like it here, Spike.” And she turned slightly to lean into him and rest her head against his leather duster.





He planted a kiss on her head. “Yeah, bunch a crazies these people are, you fit right in.”


“Hey!” She locked eyes with him. “If I weren’t at least a little bit crazy, you wouldn’t like me now would you?”


“You got me there, love.”





She smiled, satisfied, before leaning her head back against his body. “Besides, they’re not really all that crazy.”





He scoffed.





“Well okay, fine, maybe a little. But only enough to make this place fun.”





Spike let a smile grace his lips. Leave it to Buffy to spin the insanity that was his friends around and make it seem enjoyable…





And the funny thing was, she was right.





He hugged her tighter. “I love you.”





She made a small noise against his chest in response before replying. “Love you, too.”





***





An hour later, the Summers girl had seen Gunn and Annie race each other twice, which was the best thing ever as far as she was concerned. The couple was the top entertainment this side of the equator and each time Annie got Gunn to scream Buffy couldn’t help but laugh hysterically.





The duo was currently busy revving their engines for yet another race, which was going to be Gunn’s attempt at beating his girlfriend.





Buffy watched as Faith marched up in front of the two cars. Her brown hair spun in the air and her clunky boots seemed to pound at the tire marked pavement. She placed her body in the space between the wind scorched vehicles, grinning as she flung a flag above her head.





Three slow seconds ticked away before the sexy brunette whipped down the starter flag and the couple sped off into the night. Cheers from friends were heard over the loud music as everyone scattered out of the way of the speeding dragsters.





And Buffy’s eyes were glued.





It wasn’t even a question anymore. She loved this place. She loved the racing and the crowd and the cars and the atmosphere- just the whole freaking thing!





And so she watched with excitement the race between Anne and the girl’s boyfriend. She watched as they pulled five laps, and she watched as Gunn won the race. In a moment of glory he did a victory lap and Buffy smiled sympathetically at Annie’s form when the blonde got out of her car with a small pout on her lips.





“Tired of any of it yet?”





“Huh?!” Buffy turned around, surprised by Fred’s question. The tall girl was leaning into Wesley’s arms and smiling kindly as her boyfriend had a similarly contented expression on his face.





“Tired. Are you? Of this, I mean. The racing and the loud music and all the cars?”





Buffy shook her head. “No, actually. I’m sort of loving this place.” She smiled shyly and looked down a little. It seemed like Fred was expecting a different answer from the way she’d asked the question.





But when the Texan girl smiled brightly and looped an arm with Buffy, the blonde knew that she was pleased with what the truthful answer had been.





“Good!” Fred congratulated. “If you didn’t like this place, well then that would mean Spike wouldn’t bring you around here anymore and I think you’re sweet, and you like dancin so it’s great that you’re havin fun!”





Miss Southern Belle here had a charm about her that just made people feel welcome, Buffy realized. And she continued to enjoy the conversation with the person she considered a new friend.





Whad’ya say we go on and dance some more, huh?”


“Okay. Sounds good!” Buffy nodded and let Fred lead the way. She was sure Wesley would tell Spike where she was once the peroxide blonde returned from the bathroom. Apparently Gunn and a few other guys had gotten a few porta-potties and set them up here to stay year round.





Buffy didn’t bother asking who had to clean those things.





***





As Spike approached the place he’d last been with Buffy, his attention was drawn away from his wondering thoughts as to where she had gone, and focused on the people standing in front of him.





Everyone except Oz and Fred stood before his eyes.





To be honest, the Pratt boy had almost completely forgotten about the bet he’d made what seemed like ages ago.





“Shite, can’t believe that slipped my mind.” Actually he could believe it. His whole brain seemed to be running wildly on thoughts of just Buffy lately; well her and his job, along with the whole Joyce proble- Ah ah. No. Nope. Not going to think about that.





Spike shook his head. Gunn was talking about payment, Cordy was digging in her back pocket for the cash she’d brought with to pay up, and Faith was begrudgingly stuffing her debts into the waiting hands of Wesley, Spike, and Anne. All three had won this little game, as well as a certain Texan girl, but Wesley was going to give his girlfriend her share later on when he caught up to her.





All stood there with money warming their palms, except for John of course, he was just an uninformed observer, one who was quickly getting clued-up though thanks to Cordelia.





And although he had won, Spike didn’t much actually…care at the moment. The thought of the bet seemed a little wrong now that he cared this much about Buffy. He hadn’t done it to humiliate her, and he certainly hadn’t been using her. The bet was just something that had happened and ended up earning him some dosh.





But a niggling feeling in the back of his head told him not to let Buffy find out about this. It would sound and look anything BUT good to the girl.





“So did ya sleep with her?”





Spike’s head whipped toward the man’s voice. “Excuse me?” He asked John, a bit irate.





“Well, like Cordy here said, a little innocent sweetheart. She musta been a virgin then when you met her right. Is she still?”


Spike’s now incensed eyes landed on Cordelia who shook her head quickly and a little panicky. “Hey, it’s got nothing to do with what I just said. I just told him the sweet and innocent part!”





The Brit’s nostrils flared as he directed his gaze back to John. “Well mate…” Oh if voice tones could kill. “that is none of your bloody business.”





“Oh c’mon! It’s just us here, man. I mean, you made money off the girl so you can’t care too much about her, right? Just give us some details.”





Spike’s threatening move forward was cut short due to Gunn budging in between the two men.


John’s expression stood smug while Spike’s was dangerous, and everyone else’s uneasy.





Things had just turned real risky, real fast.





***





From a little distance away, Buffy’s face held a betrayed frown while her ears tried to forget what they’d heard.





Made money off of?


Chapter End Notes:
So whadya think?? I haven't been getting a lot of reviews so I wonder if people are still reading this?
please let me know *kisses*
(BTW the Faith and Fred argument part i thought was funny and cute but tell me if you liked it or not (: ) oh and yes that word IS supposed to be "cream".