Author's Chapter Notes:
Again I'm sorry I'm late. I promise I'm not forgetting about this story, this whole month has been crazy and the last week was the worst. I haven't had time to write and I honestly put the task off for too long to catch up easily. Here's number 37, I hope you enjoy!
Later that same night they were lying in bed, spontaneously partaking in tickle fights and kissage. Buffy rested in Spike’s arms wearing his same T-shirt from earlier, the black cotton one which tempted the Brit into touching his girl more often than it didn’t. Of course, Buffy wouldn’t let him get too far in his explorations.

“Spike. I am not having… you know, with your dad right down the hall!” She stage whispered.

He chuckled and pouted, somehow at the same time. “He won’ hear a thing, love.”

“Tchyea! Sure he won’t.” A roll of the eyes.

Spike tugged her closer and started lightly kissing her neck. “Mmm. It’s not my fault you can’t keep from screaming.”

“Actually it is and oh my God I really just said that didn’t I.” She gasped involuntarily at the feel of his lips. “Shit your ego so did not need any stroking!”

He laughed heartily. “Maybe you wanna stroke somethin else eh pet?”

“Spike! Enough.” She scolded and gave him a look. Her boyfriend sighed and nodded.

“Alright. But im gonna have ta ravage you tomorrow.”

She kissed his cheek. “That is fine by me. Just not when your dad’s… ya know. Right down the hall!”

Spike rolled his eyes. “You’ll just be lucky if I don’ maul you while we’re at that bloody place with your friends tomorrow. Whassit called? The Bronze or somethin?”

Buffy blinked a couple of times. “Oh, right. I forgot about that.” She looked down and bit her lip. “I’ll call Willow tomorrow and get the details.”

Spike studied her a moment. “What’s wrong sweetheart?”

“Nothing. I’ve just gotta talk to mom tomorrow I remembered.” She looked up at him and offered a small smile, though it didn’t reach her eyes. “I’ll be fine.”

Spike frowned, and swallowed before responding. “Do you want me to come with you?”

“No. It’s okay. I think it’s better if I talk to her on my own anyway. Less chance of a fight that way, ya know?” A frown slowly took over her face as she started to chew on her lip again. “Maybe.”

Spike gave her a comforting smile. “M’sure it’ll be fine, pet.”

Buffy sighed and snuggled into him. “I hope so.”

And then he kissed her before getting out of bed and turning out the light. He walked back to Buffy and pulled away the covers to get in beside her. She sat up so he could wrap his arms around her and laid back down where his chest became her pillow.

“Ya know it’s really cool of your dad to let us share a bed tonight. Especially considering…” She blushed in the darkness. “Well, ya know, how he found us earlier…”

Spike smirked. “Well your mum said it was alright for you to stay over, love. ‘Sides, I think he knows it’s a bit late to do anythin ‘bout that kinda stuff. I’ve had dames spend the night befor-”

“Okay enough talking. I got it.”

Spike mentally groaned and smacked himself. Damn. “M’sorry.” He mumbled.
She shuffled. “It’s okay.”

“He likes you ya know.” He felt her eyes land on him, though he couldn’t quite see her face. “My dad. He likes you. Know I already mentioned it but just thought I’d say it again. During dinner I could tell he thought you were bloody marvelous.” Spike smiled, thinking to himself Like father like son.

And even in the darkness of the unlit room, her grin was so bright he could see it like a beacon. “I like him too, he’s really nice.”

Spike smiled. “Figured that. Since you din’t want him hearin any hanky panky comin from ma room tonight, can only guess it’s cause you care ‘bout what he thinks.”

She felt the blush as it rose to her cheeks. “Well on top of the facts that ONE, it’s just weird. And two, I already got caught once making out with Riley by his dad and that was so beyond horri-”

Buffy found herself pinned beneath an angry boyfriend the next second. His lips mauled hers and she arched instinctively into him. The thrusts of his tongue were rough and the clashing of their mouths frenzied. Yummy jealous Spike kisses. Always of the good.

He pulled away breathless, his voice coarse. “What was that ‘bout Captain Cardboard now?”

She was breathing heavily and ragged, if he could see her in the dark he’d notice the small smile upon her mouth. “We got caught making out in his dad’s study once. Bad results.”

Spike growled. Yep. And though Buffy was accustomed to it, it still turned her on way more than it probably should.

“Well that won’t be happenin, seein as I know what m’doin when it’s concernin my girl.” He bent to start suckling on her neck as he ground into the apex of her thighs. “I’d never let anyone else see how you get when m’touchin you. That view is specially meant for me.”

“Guh.” Yes that was her. Buffy and her eloquent way of speaking. Oh and look, there went Spike laughing at her as he continued the assault on her throat. Typical.

His fingers flexed around her wrists where he held them. “You know it won’t exactly help when I talk to my mom tomorrow and she sees a bunch of hickeys all over my neck.”

“Don’ appreciate hearin ‘bout other blokes touchin you when you’re in my bed, sweetling.”

She giggled. “Well that’ll teach you to talk about letting other girls have sleepovers with you when I’m in your bed, Spikey.”

He pulled back. “Oh.”

She nodded. “Mhm, yeah. Now.” She leaned up and pecked his lips, wriggling out of his grip. “We should get some sleep. It’s already like two in the morning.”

He settled down next to her, sighing when she curled into his arms again. He loved the feel of her next to him, sharing space and snuggling close to his chest. “Goodnight Spike. I love you.”

His grin shone in the darkness, his arms tightening around her. “I love you too Buffy.”

He felt her smile against his skin and she was the first to fall asleep. Her soft snores gently hit his neck, the wisps of air both warming and cooling him. His nose brushed the top of her hair and his fingers played absently against her cotton covered lower back.

Sleep tugged at him, Spike’s eyelids falling closed as he drifted off, all the while listening to the lullaby of Buffy’s breathing.

***

She woke up the next day in his arms. Her guy slept while holding her, and Buffy watched him for what could’ve been hours before sneaking out of bed and getting into the shower. She quickly washed and then dressed, throwing her hair into a ponytail and dressing in her clothes from the previous day. She idly forced herself to ignore the morning taste in her mouth and once again rolled her eyes at her dental hygiene luck.

Buffy tiptoed back into Spike’s bedroom and threw the shirt of his she’d worn to bed back on over her already covered torso. She was playing the devoted girlfriend by swiping his T-shirt, she just had to keep tell herself that so she didn’t feel guilty for stealing his clothes.

Though she didn’t really feel that guilty.

Buffy leaned over her boyfriend’s sleeping form and kissed his cheek. “Wake up sleepyhead.” Truthfully she was loathe to wake him, but the girl knew he would kick her butt if she left without telling him. And a note would just make him angry.

“Spikey…” She moved her lips slowly down his perfect jaw and down to his neck where she nibbled and sucked. “Wake up baby...”

A tired groan escaped him.

Buffy grinned. “C’mon sweetie… I don’t wanna leave without saying goodbye.”

She was getting distracted as she tongued his throat. Maybe it was time somebody else wore a hickey…

It took five minutes of her attentions for Spike to finally wake up. “Ahh!” He hissed. “M-Mornin’, love.” He took her shoulders and pulled her closer.

Buffy smiled into his eyes. “Finally.”

He kissed her full on the lips and when he pulled away his eyes roamed over her body. He frowned. “You’re dressed.”

“I was just wakin you up to tell you I’m headed home.”

“So early?”

“It’s like noon right now, Spike.”

He pouted. “Wanted to shag your brains out ‘fore you left.”

She laughed. “What, do your clever double meanings and naughty innuendos suddenly go out the window when you first wake up?”

He just gave her a look.

“You can ‘shag’ my brains out later. I think it’s better if I get this whole mom thing over with sooner rather than later.”

Spike looked at her suspiciously. “You’re not puttin this off as long as you possibly can? Where’s my girl, what did you do with her?”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “I gave her a day. Not me I mean- because there is no other me, I’m me I just- I mean- Ugh!” She groaned. “I gave MOM a day. If- If I stay away any longer she’s gonna march over here and drag me home. I don’t need that and neither do you- or your DAD for that matter. I need to do this.”

Spike sighed and his smile dropped before he nodded. “Okay. And you’re sure you don’t want me to come with you?”

“I’m sure. But thank you.” She leaned in and kissed him again, when she pulled back she said, “Oh, sorry about morning breath. I don’t have a toothbrush here.” Buffy cringed apologetically.

He smiled softly at her. “S’alright, love. You’re not the only one with mornin breath.”

She went in for another kiss, and this one- being that it would be the last one until they saw each other later –lasted much longer.

When the couple finally parted Spike offered to walk her out.

“No it’s okay stay in bed.”

“Buffy-”

“Spike. Just go back to sleep. You obviously need more rest than I do and I don’t wanna take away your sleepy time.” She smiled and pressed a kiss to his forehead. “I love you, I’ll see you later.”

His eyes softened as they always did when she said she loved him, and he smiled. “Love you too sweetheart.”

When Buffy got to the bedroom door and looked back at him the Brit was wearing a smirk.

“I see you like that shirt of mine, yeah?”

The woman avoided his gaze and bit her lip. “Well… yeah kinda.”

“Should I be expectin it back?” He teased.

Buffy scrunched her nose before looking him dead in the eye. Shaking her head she said, “Nu uh.”

Spike smiled. “Fine by me, baby.” He looked her up and down greedily, mentally calculating how quickly he could rush her and bring her back to the bed.

“But I left you something in the bathroom.”

He caught her gaze. “What’s that?”

She smirked this time, a playful glint in her eye. “Consider them an exchange for the shirt.” She opened the door and left then; if she stayed another minute she’d been sprawled on the bed beneath him with no intentions to go home anytime soon.

Spike raised an eyebrow and dragged his sweatpants adorned body out of bed. He moved into the bathroom where he found his prize lying on the top of the sink.

“Little nymph.” He lifted the soft panties up to his nose and inhaled, an evil smirk appearing on his face.

That’s my girl.

***

She entered her house quietly, her whole walk of thirty seconds from Spike’s place to hers having made her more nervous than calm. She’d mentally prayed her mom wouldn’t be home, maybe she went to the gallery or would just happen to be at the grocery store. Of course, this wasn’t the teenager’s luck.

Joyce sat in the kitchen. When she heard the front door open and close she rushed towards the noise and almost collapsed in relief when she saw Buffy there.

“H-Hi mom.” The girl swallowed.

“Buffy.” That’s all she said. Just her name, and Buffy found herself standing in the silence that followed with neither apprehension nor anger, just guilt.

Her mother was wearing pajamas and a bathrobe, there were bags beneath her eyes along with a weakness in her posture. She looked alert but only because she was relieved to see her daughter, other than that her appearance screamed sleepless night. Her face was sorrowful and pale and anxious, and it was all so unfair.

Buffy looked down. “I’m back.”

“I see that.” Mother and daughter locked eyes. “Buffy… we need to talk.”

***

They’d finished their emotional discussion. There’d been tears, a bit of yelling, and much apologizing (from both Summers women). Joyce had promised to say she was sorry to Spike for dragging him into something that was her problem, something that shouldn’t have endangered his and Buffy’s relationship. She’d profusely apologized to Buffy as well, and listened to the girl cry and scream, she’d been understanding and kind and she’d shed tears of her own. She’d admitted to her wrongs and Buffy had said she was sorry for leaving the way she had, as well as staying away for a whole night. The entire debacle had been ugly but necessary, and ended up bringing both Buffy and Joyce to a new understanding of each other.

The girl and her mom were on the track to forgiveness land, and that was good enough for now.

Buffy was walking back to her boyfriend’s place. While Joyce was busy trying to decide on a working date for dinner to be had with Drake and the family, her daughter was determined to ignore everything stress related for the rest of the day.

She approached the front door in her white jean shorts and blue tank top, thankfully having been able to change before her mom noticed that the black T-shirt she’d had on hadn’t been an article of female clothing…

Buffy went to knock on the door when it opened as Charlie was leaving. “Oh hello there dear. Coming in are you?”

Buffy smiled. “Um, yes actually. If that’s okay? I wanted to see Spike.”

The man nodded and opened the door wide for her to enter. “Of course, of course. He’s up in his room I believe.”

She nodded and smiled gratefully. “Thank you Mr- I mean, Charlie. And thank you again for letting me sleepover last night.”

“Not a problem at all, dear.” He said with a warm smile as he walked to his car. “I’m off for a bit to run some errands. I hope to see you later, Buffy! Take care.”

“You too!” She called to him with a wave before entering the house.

She made her way to Spike’s bedroom and when she approached the door she heard a loud curse bellowed from the other side. “Um, Spike?” She raised an eyebrow.

Opening his door she frowned at the smell of bleach that hit her nose. “Are you like… doing your hair or something?”

Then she walked into his bathroom and a wide grin spread across her face at the sight that greeted her.

“Oh my god!”

Spike stood there, his posture stiff and an irritated expression on his face. His head was tilted and his jaw was clenched in self aggravation, his shirt was gone but he had on his favored black Levis and even with the scowl on his features, he looked good enough to eat.

Oh yeah, and his recently re-bleached hair was done up in a short Mohawk.
“You gave yourself… a Mohawk?!” Buffy squealed before bounding over to him to touch it, but he swatted her hands away.

“This is all your fault!”

“Wha- What’s my fault?” She laughed.

“This!” he gestured to his hair. “It looks bloody ridiculous! If it weren’ for you sayin you wanted to see me like this I wouldn’t a-”

“You look great!” She interrupted, a glee-filled sparkle in her eyes that lent Spike pause. “I love it! Maybe not the most up to date hairstyle but oh my God you look cute!”

His eyes darkened. “I am not bloody CUTE, Buffy.”

She laughed. “Oh I say otherwise.”

He grumbled. “Sod it. M’washin it out.”

“No!” She took his hands. “You don’t have to wear it out tonight but leave it just for a while! Please?”

Spike rolled his eyes before conceding. “Fine! But this hairdo does not leave this house, as far as the rest of the world’s concerned, it never happened.”

She nodded. “Agreed! Now wait just a second I’ll be right back!”

She was running and out the door before he could say anything else.

***

“I cannot believe you actually went back home just to get this shite.”

Buffy shushed him. “Stop moving! I don’t wanna poke your eye out.” She continued the delicate task of coloring the waterline of Spike’s bright baby blues.

He silenced but started yammering again when she moved to the other eye. “Are you done yet?!”

“Well I would be if someone would stop blinking so much!”

“I’m not a chit, I don’t do this stuff! An it makes me nervous when you’ve got a pencil by my bloody eye.”

“Well it’s gonna be a ‘bloody’ eye if you don’t stop moving! Hold still.” She placed a steadying hand at the base of his neck as he tensed his jaw and let her continue.

“There. All done!” Buffy backed away and admired her work, as well as the whole picture. A shirtless Spike with a Mohawk and black lined eyes. His stare was powerfully blue (it always was, but the black eyeliner made it even more so).

Buffy laughed at his expression. Her boyfriend was not amused. “Can I take it off now?”

“No! Go look in the mirror first!” She took his hand and led him into the bathroom. “Here, have a look.”

Spike muttered something that sounded suspiciously like “The things I do for you…”, but then he turned to the mirror. A surprised look crossed his face and he frowned disapprovingly.

But then his eyes squint, and Buffy asked, “So? What do you think?”

He sighed. “The hair’s bloody stupid but the… I don’ think that eye shit’s too bad.”

Buffy grinned. “So does that mean I might be able to get you to wear it more often?” She bit her lip and clasped her hands, looking up at him hopefully.

Spike glanced at her. “… Maybe. No promises!”

She nodded. “That’s all I need to know.” With a grin Buffy left the room and set her eye pencil down on his bedside table, leaving it there as a gift. “I’m gonna call Willow and see if she still wants to go to that new place that’s opening tonight, okay?”

“Sure thing, pet.” Spike said as he stood examining himself in the mirror.

Buffy smiled smugly and whipped out her phone to call her friend for tonight’s details.

***

She sat in her boyfriend’s car with her fingers twiddling nervously in her lap.

After calling Willow and deciding on a time to meet up at this club place located in the heart of town, Buffy and Spike had talked about what happened with Joyce. Buffy had relayed what her mom said, and she explained to Spike that though things were better and on the mend, getting out of the house was probably a good thing for today. Things with her mom were getting better, but they were still a little stressed.

That didn’t stop Buffy from dragging Spike back over to her house though to talk with Joyce. The woman had said she wanted to apologize right? Well, now was as good as time as any, Buffy had told her groaning boyfriend.

She’d tugged him into the kitchen where Joyce was sitting with a cup of coffee. Buffy’s eyes had locked with her mother’s startled ones and all the teenager had said was, “Talk. Apologize. And if you say anything to make him feel uncomfortable, it’ll be another fight.”

Then she’d given Spike a reassuring look before heading upstairs to her bedroom to pick out an outfit for the Bronze.

Needless to say it was hard as hell to stop herself from going downstairs and eavesdropping on their conversation.

Half an hour later was when Spike had knocked on Buffy’s door and explained that the talk went well, her mom apologized about a hundred times, and everything was okay again.

That was one major thing out of the way now. But after Buffy was all done picking out an outfit, her mind wandered to other less calming thoughts.

She wasn’t jumping with anxiety or anything, but Willow and Tara had never met Spike before. And Anya and Xander, though they’d talked with him, they didn’t really know him either. It was enough to send the Summers girl into nervous mode.

“What’s on your mind, love?” He asked her from his place behind the steering wheel.

“Hmm? Oh nothing.”

“Bollocks. You’ve been pickin at your nails now for ten minutes.”

She sighed. “It hasn’t been ten minutes, it doesn’t take ten minutes to drive anywhere in Moon Stream.” She rolled her eyes.

Spike rolled his in turn. “Fine, then three. Doesn’ matter I know somethin’s botherin you.”

Buffy sighed. “Nothing is bothering me-”

“Buffy.”

“Ugh, I’m just a little nervous about you meeting my friends.”

Spike shifted in his seat. “I met a couple of em at the carnival.”

“Yeah but they still don’t really know you, and I have two other friends coming tonight who you’ve never even met before.”

Spike glanced at her. “Buffy. M’sure everythin’ll be fine, your friends aren’t gonna chase me around with pitchforks and torches now.”

She smiled halfheartedly. “Yeah I know. I just-” She shook her head. “It isn’t a big, I’m just being stupid.”

“Yes. You are.”

Her eyes bugged. “Spike!”

“Well it’s true. You’ve gotta relax, Summers. You were nervous ‘bout meetin my friends and now you’re frettin ‘bout me meetin yours. Jus take a breath.”

She half gasped half sighed. He was so irritating sometimes. “You are so not helping.”

“Yeah I am.”

“How can calling someone stupid be helpful in any situation?”

“I can think of a lot actually. And for the record, I wasn’t callin you dumb, I was just agreeing with you.”

He smirked at her and it only fueled the fire. “Agreeing with me on what? That my friends are gonna think you’re a Billy Idol replicated moron, or that you’re just an ass?” She asked him perkily.

Spike smirked again, this time in pride. “Neither. Probly just on the fact that I’ve got a hot, tight little body that you can’t keep your hands off.”

“Yeah, ‘little’ being the operative word.” She smiled evilly when he shot her a dangerous look.

“I think it’s ‘bout time I reminded you just how little I am-”
“Down south?” She supplied.
“-not.” He growled and his eyes flashed. “You know, when your insults start lacking truth you’ve lost the battle, baby.”

Her chin rose. “Who says I don’t speak the truth?”

“Your mouth. I believe it was wrapped around the evidence of your lies just yesterday.” He drawled, and Buffy narrowed her gaze.

“Oh you’re so lucky I didn’t just bite you.”

Spike laughed, though his eyes widened for a split second in unease. “You’re welcome, by the way.”

“Huh?” She frowned, the whole theme of the moment suddenly dying. “Welcome for what?”

“Welcome for distractin you.” He pulled into the parking lot of the busy club and stopped the car, getting out on his side and going around to open his girl’s door for her before she could even grab the handle. He offered her his hand and she took it.

When she met his eyes it clicked and she realized what he’d done. “You sneak.”

“The best, Goldilocks.” He smirked and wrapped an arm around her waist.

The bastard had started that little tiff just so she wouldn’t worry about him meeting her friends. A distraction. She got to let off some steam, and Buffy smiled as she walked with her guy over towards the entrance. He always knew how to handle her.

The Summers girl shook her head amusedly. “I love you ya know that?”


Chapter End Notes:
Even though i don't deserve it, please review! *huggles*