Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, I know I promised fast posting and I'm SUPER sorry that this one took a while but here it is! I hope you enjoy this chappie :) Thank you all so much 4 the reviews!!! *HUGS* Unfortunately, future posts are going to be coming slower and slower (Especially after chapt. 14 is out because I've only written that far) You see, I don't have regular schooling (it's complicated) and my workload is going to be getting super heavy for a while and it's gonna get in the way :( But i promise to try my hardest to get this story out! I WILL NOT LEAVE THIS UNFINISHED! And with that, here's #9! :)
Buffy awoke the next day with a smile on her face. She turned on her side and picked up the clock on her nightstand. Eight in the morning? She thought she would have slept longer. She didn’t get home from the carnival last night until two AM. Anya and Xander had stayed and hung out with her the rest of the evening, and Buffy had had a great time, but why then hadn’t she slept more than six hours? She should be tired, but the truth was, she was feeling... excited?

She replayed last night in her head.

After Spike had left the carnival, Buffy didn’t know what had hit her. That kiss had been nothing short of freaking spectacular! She had felt an instant connection when their lips touched, like two magnets being pulled to one another. God, she’d felt like she was flying! She had tried desperately to control her breathing to no avail, and it took her ten minutes to calm down enough to finally go and find Xander and Anya.

All night she still couldn’t get Spike out of her head. She’d spent half an hour gushing about him to her friends until Anya and Xander got tired of it and dragged her back to the dance floor to shut her up. The rest of the night she refused to dance with any other boys and instead stood for dancing with a few of her female classmates.

Buffy got a dreamy smile on her face when she thought about that kiss for the umpteenth time. The way he touched her hair and caressed her skin, the way his lips meeting hers set off a thousand fireworks. The way she got butterflies when she thought about it, the way she blushed profusely just remembering how he’d made her hot. The way his tongue played with hers. The way he held her body close and lifted her off her feet like he never wanted to let her go. Then, when he walked her over to the bench and kissed her again, and showed her hand the same attention. When he stepped away and said-

Buffy flung the blankets off the bed and ran into the bathroom. He had said he was going to stop by today, and she had no idea as to what time! Crap! Crap! Crap!

Buffy stopped abruptly in front of the mirror and took a deep breath.
He’s not going to run over here at eight in the morning, Buffy. Chill out, she told herself.

She didn’t have to act like a crazy person. She could relax, take a shower, eat breakfast… relax some more… Oh who was she kidding! She was going to be a nervous wreck until he showed up. Wait, was he even planning on coming over or was he just saying it like, “Oh maybe I’ll see you around.” Oh God, she was going to be a basket case today.

Buffy stared at her reflection in the mirror for a minute. She silently thanked whatever higher power she should be thanking that the bump on her jaw had gone down and was now just a bruise, one that she felt she’d be able to cover with some stage makeup she had. She was also incredibly thankful that her mother had gone home before her last night and didn’t get to see the injury in good lighting.

Suddenly, a smile crossed Buffy’s lips as she remembered who had saved her the night before from her ex. God, she hoped her knight in black leather would stop by today.

Buffy grabbed her toothbrush.
Spike said he was going to show her HIS world. She smiled once again. She had a feeling his world would be fun…

***

Spike awoke the next day around noon. He had spent hours the night before thinking about Buffy. When he’d gotten home, he went to his room and did whatever he could think of to distract himself from thoughts of her.

He’d failed.

That kiss had been bloody incredible, better than he’d imagined it. He’d felt an instant connection the second their lips touched. It was like they were the only two people in the entire world. He’d planned on getting to know this girl and slowly introducing her to a world he just knew she’d love, and he was going to stick to that plan. Hell, it had taken him everything he had not to stay there with her and kiss her all soddin night. He had almost regretted kissing her; thinking maybe it had been too fast of a move. But then he remembered her inability to speak after it and decided it was the right thing to do. Besides, in the moment, he had wanted- NEEDED -nothing more than to taste her.

Spike sat up in bed, he had told Buffy he would see her today, and he had every intention of doing so. She might be surprised, though, considering he wasn’t going to just stop by and say hello. Oh no, he had to plan this out. He had to think outside the box. Buffy was a delicate girl, one who Spike really wanted to get to know and introduce to less… delicate things.

He liked her. He didn’t know her too well but he knew how he felt around her, the way she smiled made his pulse race. Sure, Spike knew he was in trouble, but he didn’t care anymore about that threat. He wanted to break through Buffy’s precious little bubble. He wanted to save her from her dull, Little House on the Prairie lifestyle. She deserved more, and he knew she would undoubtedly love what he had in store.

A slow smirk spread over Spike’s lips. He’d stop by Buffy’s after he’d gone out with the gang. Sure, it’d be really late, but that was the point. It may be juvenile, but just the thought of climbing in through Buffy’s window late at night made Spike almost giddy.

The teen stood from his bed and went to take a shower, smirk still in place. This whole thing with Miss Summers was going to be fun. He let warm water cascade down his face as he further perfected his plan.

***

Buffy had spent hours distracting herself from thoughts of the boy she’d lip locked with the night before. Thinking about him wouldn’t make waiting any easier. If he even planned on stopping by…

Buffy still wasn’t sure.

She entered the kitchen to find a flushed Dawn gulping down a bottle of water faster than Buffy thought any human ever could.

“What’s wrong with you?” Buffy half laughed when she asked the question.

Dawn slammed the water bottle down on the counter. “I just got kissed.” She exhaled sharply. Her mind, when it finally chose to let thought process become possible once again, realized that maybe blurting this out to her older sister wasn’t the wisest choice… based on Buffy’s wide eyed, stiff expression.
“What?!”

Dawn blinked hard. “I got-”

“I heard you! But- What- When did this-” Buffy suddenly got this helpless, frustrated look on her face. “Dawn! I mean- Who?!” She screeched.
“It was TJ.”
“Terrance kissed you?!”

Dawn cringed at the name and swallowed hard. She unknowingly turned beet red and just startled rambling. Her mind wasn’t exactly in the best shape at the moment. “I was with him and we were gonna get ice cream and on the way he told me he liked me and I said I liked him too, because I do! You know I’ve liked him for, like, ever! And then he just took my hand and we walked some more and then he didn’t talk at all so I was really nervous and when I went to ask him why he wasn’t talking he kissed me before I could even get out the rest of my sentence, and then he pulled away and I ran home before he could speak. I think he called after me, but I just kept going and I don’t know what to do now and-”
Dawn was cut off by Buffy’s hand over her mouth. She really had no idea that she was babbling a mile a minute and causing her older sister to freak out to the point of sweating.

“Dawn.” Buffy spoke in a calm, stern voice. “Breathe.”

Dawn nodded without blinking, staring at her sister with pleading eyes. Buffy removed her hand and waited for Dawn to take the breath she knew her sibling needed.


“Okay. Now even though you were talking like Porky the Pig, I think I heard what you said. So,” It was Buffy’s turn to take a deep breath. “TJ said he liked you and then… he kissed you?”
Dawn could only nod.

“Okay.” Buffy was finally able to wrap her head around the fact that her younger sister had just received her first kiss, and she spoke much calmer than she had a minute ago. “You like him right?”
"Yes."
“You’re sure?”
Dawn just looked at Buffy with her, “Are you an idiot?” stare.
Buffy held up her hands as if Dawn had pointed a gun at her. “Okay, well you ran away from him so I was just checkin.”

Dawn bowed her head, embarrassed.
“Look. You’re twelve, almost thirteen, and yeah, this whole you kissing boys thing kinda gives me the wiggins but… It’s not totally unexpected. I mean, this WAS your first kiss and- Wait. This was your first kiss right?”
“Yeah.”
Buffy sighed in relief. “Okay good. Now it’s my cue to play the big sister role here.” Buffy lifted her sister’s chin to meet her eyes. “I know you’re a little freaked out. Your first kiss is always a pretty big deal. But I can promise you that, right now, TJ has gotta be WAY more freaked out than you are.”

Dawn’s eyes bugged.

“C’mon. You just kissed the girl you like and she runs away from you without saying a word? You can’t argue that he’s gotta be really scared right about now.”

Dawn frowned. “I guess you’re right…”
“You ‘guess’ I’m right? Dawn, how do you feel about the kiss now that you’re not acting like mom the time she decided to host a wedding last minute at the gallery?”
Dawn giggled. She replayed the kiss back in her mind and smiled. “It was amazing.”
Buffy cringed at her sister’s cheesiness. “Okay, um, gag.”
Dawn rolled her eyes.
“Look, you go find TJ and tell him you like him again, then you apologize for running away, then, just talk to him like normal, okay? Relax. He’s still just TJ.”
Dawn smiled a little brighter at the thought of seeing her friend again. “Okay. Thanks Buffy!” She hugged her sister tightly.

Buffy laughed and hugged back. “You’re welcome dork. I know the feeling after you first get kissed. It’s kind of nerve racking, along with pretty amazing.”
Dawn looked at her sister. “How old were you when you first-”
“I was eleven.”
“Who?”
“You remember Jimmy?”
Dawn cringed. “Ew! Jimmy WALTON?!”
“Hey! You just kissed TERRANCE!”
“It’s TJ.” Dawn hissed.
“Well still, don’t judge, Jimmy was cute and sweet.”
“So’s TJ!”
“Well then go find him and tell him you don’t hate him! He probly thinks ya do, boys are dumb like that. Now go!”

Dawn was about to leave when she turned around once more, her hand stilled on the doorknob. “Buffy?”
“Yeah?”
“Is it always like that?”
“What?”
“Kissing… is it always… Does it always make you feel like… like-”
“You’re stomach’s gonna jump out of your body and let loose a thousand butterflies?”
Dawn nodded. “Yeah.”

“With the right person, yeah…” Buffy smiled to herself as she recalled a certain bleached teen with pouty lips and cheek bones that should REALLY be illegal. “It does.”
“Cool.” With that, Dawn ran out the back door in search of her heartthrob.

Buffy smiled wider at her younger sibling’s eagerness. Your first crush was always a doozey.

Then, Buffy realized why Dawn might have asked that last question… Suddenly her stomach tightened and she smacked herself on the forehead. The blonde cringed at the thought of her twelve year old sister jumping TJ and kissing the boy repetitively, but at the same time… She was happy for Dawn. It was a weird and confusing feeling she really didn’t want to examine. So she let her mind wander to happier thoughts...

She found herself replaying the kiss with Spike over and over again in her head. A wide grin grew over her face.

Buffy walked to the fridge and quickly grabbed a nice cold bottle of water.

***

Spike leaned against the hood of a blue Mitsubishi as he watched the current race between Gunn and his girlfriend, Anne. He cheered along with the rest of the gang, a can of Red Bull in his left hand.

Gunn and Anne, whenever they raced, no other drivers were allowed in the contest. Spike, along with the rest of the group, found the little competition between the two lovers incredibly amusing; along with never ending. Anne always beat Gunn, and Gunn always found a way to beat Anne. They had kept score now for almost a year, and it was at a tie.

As Spike watched Anne speed through her last lap and cross the painted finish line, he smiled to himself and shook his head. Gunn had already lost once and that meant he’d have to race his girlfriend another time to at least get in one win before the night was over.

When Anne screeched her tires while spinning her car in circles to signify her victory, Gunn pulled over in his Viper and slammed the door shut. Spike knew his friend was pissed off at the loss, but he’d also come to realize that Gunn could never stay mad at Anne for too long, and vice versa. The couple had their little competition, but they never left the race track angry. Hell, they hardly fought at all.

“Okay Anne, we get it! You won, that’s enough already!” Gunn shouted to his girlfriend who was engrossed in a victory lap.

Anne looked out her window at her boyfriend and smiled. She couldn’t hear him but she just knew he was screaming.

With another screech of rubber against pavement, Anne pulled up right next to an unmoving Gunn. She stuck her long black booted leg out from her Corvette and emerged with a victorious smile on her face.

“Don’t say anything, Annie.”
Anne shook her head and smiled. “Twice, baby. Twice.”
“I WILL beat you later tonight, mark my words.”

“Mhm.” Anne walked off with a smirk and swayed her hips as she sauntered over to the crowd, all the while just KNOWING Gunn was checking out her ass. He wouldn’t be mad in a couple of minutes or so.

Anne shared a few high fives with her friends before handing the keys to her car over to Spike. “Here ya go, she’s all yours.”

“Thanks, pet. You weren’t bad out there.”
“Am I ever?” She asked, cocky smile still in place.
Spike chuckled. “No. That you aren’t. Let’s hope it’s got somethin to do with the car.”
“Don’t worry, you’ll get the bike. You wouldn’t have hitched a ride with Gunn to get here if you weren’t sure you were gonna win. I mean, c’mon, you haven’t lost a race yet.”
“Hope you’re right, love.” He bowed his head.
“Always am.”

Spike walked up to the still warm Corvette as he awaited his opponent’s arrival.

The sounds of the music and the restless gang of people behind him were muted by his thoughts. It was true. He had taken a ride from Gunn tonight. Spike had a race coming up to win a motorcycle. The instant he had seen the bike he’d fallen in love with it and so he challenged the owner. Fortunately Wesley had quickly agreed to the challenge, but should Spike lose, he would have to cough up five hundred bucks in return. Spike really didn’t want to do that, and he really wanted that bike. In a moment of pure cockiness he had asked Gunn for a ride to the circle, just positive he was going to win and wouldn’t need his car to get home, but now Spike felt a little unsure. He had seen Wesley race, and sure, the college man was great; but Spike knew who was better. And normally the teenager wouldn’t be nervous about a race he was sure he could win. The only thing that had Spike worried was that he couldn’t focus all too well tonight…

He had Buffy on the brain.

Still.

It was getting right irritating.

All damn day he had thought about her, unable to stop smiling like a git at the memory of their heated kiss the night before. Plus the thought of seeing her again, probably way too late for her to actually even be up, made his heart quicken. He was just so damn excited about getting her to indulge in his world he wanted to start right away.

Plus he liked her.

More than he should.

Spike’s musings were interrupted by a pat on his shoulder.

“Hello, Spike.” Wesley spoke calmly.
“Hey there, Wes. You ready for this?”
“I am. Just making sure you were.”
“Always, mate.”
“I suppose.”
He smirked. “Right, then…” Spike turned to open the door of Anne’s ride and sat down inside. “Let’s move.”
Wesley nodded and headed for his Chrysler.

Spike started the vehicle, taking notice that Anne did in fact have a nitro trigger. He wasn’t even sure he’d need it, but still, always handy. He pulled the car into place, alongside Wesley’s, just waiting for his opponent’s girlfriend to walk up in front and wave that flag.

Spike ogled the pretty brunette as she strutted over to the front of the cars in a short white skirt, spiky black heels, and a fitted, one sleeved black top. Her loosely curled locks surrounded her neck as she whipped around and threw a bright green flag above her head.

Fred listened to the men revving their engines and smiled genuinely, she loved starting a race, almost as much as she did participating in one. The youthful beauty winked at her boyfriend and pointed to both drivers, tapped her foot three times, and pulled the flag down in an abrupt move. Not so much as flinching when the two cars sped off, almost brushing her.

The crowd started hollering, muffling the loud music in the background.

***

Buffy lay on the couch dozing. She had stayed home all day...

She would need to stay close in case Dawn had anymore boy emergencies later in the day, right? Unfortunately, she had to stop using that excuse once Joyce came home. Her mother was very capable of handling boy issues. Of course, Buffy wasn’t about to whine about HER smirking, bleached blonde problem anytime soon.

Joyce walked in and turned off the TV, and then nudged Buffy awake. “Honey? It’s almost one, don’t you wanna get to bed?”
“Hmm?” Buffy rolled over to face her mother.
“You’re on the couch, go get some sleep.”
“I thought that’s what I was doing?” Buffy spoke hoarsely.
“Why don’t you sleep in your bed? I’ll help you up there, kay?”
“Hmm... Comfy.” Buffy turned over and faced the back of the couch again.
“Buffy, your bed’s more comfy. C’mon, let’s get you to your room, okay?”

Buffy let out a long sigh before reluctantly getting up off the couch, and heading for the staircase. She trudged up the stairs, making every step heavy and loud. She finally stopped her melodramatic protest when her mother shushed her. Buffy found her way to her bedroom and quickly changed into a nightgown before silencing her phone and getting under the covers. She didn’t bother brushing her teeth or taking off her makeup, she was just too tired. She would do that stuff in the morning.

Fortunately, she was also too tired to think about Spike. Those thoughts would keep her awake for sure. Her mind quickly drifted off into a peaceful oblivion, the feel of the night air on her skin from the open window nothing but calming.

***

It was close to 4:30 in the morning when Spike finally sped off on his new motorcycle and headed back to Moon Stream. He’d beaten Wesley, but there were no hard feelings; there never were with these people.

Before actually leaving the racing circle, Spike had made yet another bet. But this one had nothing to do with racing cars.

A couple of his friends had mentioned him never having a girl on his arm when he came to race, unlike all the other guys. There was only one other bloke at the circle who often arrived single, Daniel Osbourne, AKA Oz. But no one ever questioned Oz’s relationship status, because well, he was... Oz.

But Spike’s friends didn’t know why HE was single all the time. Sure, there were available girls at the track, but Spike had his eye on just one girl at the mo’; a certain blonde who he was planning on seeing later. Of course, his friends didn’t know any of this, so Spike told them about his whole little idea.

When his pals heard his plan, some practically died laughing, which only succeeded in pissing Spike off. He still heard their words ringing in his ears:

“You’re gonna get a little miss, ‘I’m wearing white on my wedding day’, to come to the circle! Sorry buddy, but if this chick’s as ‘innocent’ as you say she is there is no way you’re gonna get her to come here.” Faith had spoken honestly, as usual.
“Yeah, sorry man, but she’ll never go for a guy like you.” Gunn may as well have punched Spike in the gut, it felt like it when he’d spoken those words.

Fred and Wesley were actually on Spike’s side, along with Anne. Faith, ironically, was not. Gunn and Cordelia were also both, very doubtful. Oz had remained neutral.

Spike was more determined than ever to succeed after speaking with his pals, and that’s when the gambling started.

The bet was: Spike would have to get Buffy, as his girlfriend, to come to the circle with him in two weeks. His friends were split down the middle, not including Oz, who wasn’t betting. But he was just simply being Oz.

Spike had two hundred dollars lying on his success, and really wanted to win. Besides, Buffy being his girlfriend was definitely not a bad thing. Not anymore anyway. He already threw out the notion of ignoring her. He liked her and that was that. His heart would just have to be brave.

Gunn had promised a bunch of auto parts he’d swiped as his fee instead of cash. The other betters had gladly accepted this substitute, for auto parts were just as good as money to this group. As a matter of fact, Gunn had one specific part Spike actually really wanted, so he was more than willing to take this substitute. Everyone else was using good old fashioned cash, though.

Spike pulled up to his garage and rolled his new prize inside. He quickly and quietly entered the house to use the loo before sneaking over to Buffy’s place for a late night hello.


Chapter End Notes:
Sooo? Did you like it? Huh? D'ya like it? What did you think of the Dawn kissage?! OH, and I really hope I painted the racing circle well, I watched a lot of racing movies just to get a good idea in my head of what to write. (I liked the atmosphere I created but what did you guys think?) Review please :D!