[Reviews - 14] LikedPrinter
Summary: A Demon Hunter in 1880's London meets his greatest enemies; a group of vampires with a history written in blood who want the city for themselves. His journey will span more than a century of blood and suffering, but it will also lead him to a girl, one whose path is just as uncertain and fraught with pain as his own. Can they save each other from darkness? What will happen when Champions are called for? When War looms on the horizon and the game changes? More importantly, whose side will each of them be on?

Nominated at the Sunnydale Memorial Fanfiction Awards for Best Author,Best Angst, Best Characterization, Best Drama and Best Unfinished.


Rated: NC-17
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Action, Angst, Horror, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Buffy/Other, Character Death, Sexual Situations, Spike/Other, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 24 Completed: No
Word count: 107165 Read: 20820
Published: 01/09/2012 Updated: 11/30/2012

1. Beginnings by wolffan200 [Reviews - 4] Liked (4915 words)
This is a Spuffy story. I want to make that clear for one reason. The reason being that while it will definitely be Spuffy (c'mon it's me) it's going to take a while to get there. A long while, but I'm hoping people will enjoy the journey there enough to stick with me on this. The pay-off will be worth it.

Thanks to Sanityfair, Puddinhead and All4Spike for beta reading this chappie. You are stars. Any mistakes you see are mine.

I am really weak. I had intended to wait until I had a whole pile of chapters done and beta approved before I started posting and my will was strong, but I just can't do it any more, so here it is. I can update regularly for a while (as long as my chapters last) but please be patient if updates slow down after a while. Now, I think it's best we just leap right in to this one so without further ado...this story.

2. William by wolffan200 [Reviews - 0] (5373 words)
I will be updating this once a week, probably on Tuesday . However, I have this week free which is why you're getting this update. :-)

Picking up from last chapter we take a trip into Will's memories to see how he changed from a poet to a Demon Hunter.

Thanks to Sanityfair, Puddinhead and All4Spike for beta reading. Any mistakes left are mine.

3. Hunters by wolffan200 [Reviews - 1] Liked (4911 words)
Posting day has arrived. Here's where you learn how William met Gray and Hobbs. I hope you enjoy it.

4. Will by wolffan200 [Reviews - 1] Liked (4684 words)
Here we see how William fared after his experience with the Hunters and gives us some insight into Gray and Hobbs. It is also the final part of Will's trip down memory lane.

5. Encounter by wolffan200 [Reviews - 0] (5049 words)
Posting day! I got so caught up in Meant to Be I almost forgot to post this. We pick back up where Will had been reminiscing just before the Hunter meeting. Now, what will happen?

6. Recovering by wolffan200 [Reviews - 0] (4716 words)
Time to find out what happened after Angelus' attack.

This is beta read by the ever awesome Puddinhead and All4Spike. Love you ladies.

And love to all my readers and reviewers too.

7. Broken by wolffan200 [Reviews - 1] Liked (4299 words)
Picking up where we left off last chapter. What has happened at the Pratt home while the Demon Hunters have been recovering? I think you can guess where this one is going...

8. Lost by wolffan200 [Reviews - 2] Liked (4253 words)
This was another tough chapter to write. It deals with the aftermath of Will being forced to stake Anne. He's lost a part of himself because of Angelus' tricks. What will he do about it?

Thank you to my wonderful betas Puddinhead and All4Spike. Any mistakes remaining are mine, not theirs.

My photoshop ran out so I don't have individual chapter banners anymore. Instead I will be posting the main story banner.

Now...fanfic!

9. Unexpected Changes by wolffan200 [Reviews - 0] (5213 words)
Thanks to my awesome beta readers Puddinhead and All4Spike. So Will had made his mind up last chapter...nowwhat's going to happen?

10. Blood by wolffan200 [Reviews - 0] (4367 words)
Hey guys. So, I think you'll enjoy this chapter even though it's dark. I enjoyed writing it. This story will get darker as we dip into the vampires way of life more.

Thanks always to my wonderful betas Puddinead and All4Spike who rock, and to everyone who's reading and reviewing. :)

11. Lessons by wolffan200 [Reviews - 0] (4817 words)
Hi guys! i had a little mental block and forgot it was Tuesday so the update is a little later than usual. Coming up we see some more tension between the male members of the Fanged Four and learn a little more about our new fledgling.

Thanks as always to my fantastic betas Puddinhead and All4Spike and my readers and reviewers who fuel the muse.

12. Sinking by wolffan200 [Reviews - 0] (4185 words)
Hi guys. Next chapter update. I hate warnings because I think it spoils the chapter a little bit. I prefer putting the warnings on the main story page and leaving it at that. However, I feel I should probably give you a heads up that things get dark here. I don't sugar-coat the vamp way of life and this is the Fanged Four. I don't think my stuff is all that explicit (I've read much worse) but things get gory, in case you couldn't guess from the last chapter, and this is the last time I'm gonna give you a heads up about angst or violence in this story. If you feel it's not for you, I understand. That said, I hope you like the update.

Thanks to my betas Puddinhead and All4Spike who do an awesome job. Any remaining mistakes are mine. Thanks as well to everyone who has been reading and reviewing this fic. Love ya!

13. Spike by wolffan200 [Reviews - 1] Liked (4116 words)
Hey guys. I think the chapter title may clue you in to what happens here. Here's my interpretation of events as William earns his new fearsome name. Last chapter went down well despite (or maybe because of) the violence and upsetting turn of events. It had to happen and it's a large part of Will's transition to the vampire Spike. I hope you enjoy this next chapter too.

Thanks to my wonderful betas Puddinhead and All4Spike and to my readers and reviewers who keep my motivation for this story going!

14. Direction by wolffan200 [Reviews - 1] Liked (4202 words)
Hey guys. Time for another update. Again, picking up from where we left off last chapter with the Fanged Four fleeing the mob William/Spike had after him.

Thanks as ever to Puddinhead and All4Spike who make this story sound way more professional and historical than the early drafts. And as always, thanks to everyone reading, reviewing and fuelling my muse.

15. Slayer by wolffan200 [Reviews - 1] Liked (4127 words)
Hello there. Been quite a while, huh? I finally decided to update this thing. Right now I have five chapters that are edited and ready to post, so you can expect updates for a little while. I need to get back to writing this story but I do want to finish MTB first because I think focusing on one thing at a time will be easier than trying to work three fics at once like I had been doing.



If you are still reading this story thank you and welcome back :) If you're reading for the first time, welcome, it'll be a long one with lots of back story.



Thanks, as ever, are due to the wonderful Puddinhead and All4Spike, without whom this story would not be nearly so good. I hope this chapter, while close to canon, makes up for the delay in posting.

16. Lineage by wolffan200 [Reviews - 0] (4023 words)
We jump ahead a few months now to the meeting Darla and Angelus were arranging. We're going to take a look at Spike's new family in a bit more detail here.



Thanks to Puddinhead and All4Spike for being awesome betas as usual. Any and all errors remaining are mine.



Thanks to my readers and reviewers who keep this story going too. I appreciate all of you a lot.



The usual disclaimer applies.

17. Allegiance by wolffan200 [Reviews - 0] (4263 words)
I have the next chapter for you guys. We're still in the Master's lair and neither Spike nor Angelus are enjoying it much :)



Thanks to Puddinhead and All4Spike for beta reading this and any mistakes left are mine. Thanks to everyone reading, reviewing and fuelling the muse.

18. Grand Plans by wolffan200 [Reviews - 0] (4268 words)
Sorry guys, made a mistake on the last two chapters and had the setting down as Prague when it should have been St. Petersburg. That's what happens when you stop posting and writing for a long time and forget what you were doing with a story. I went back and edited the chapters everywhere it's been posted once I realised my mistake so it's all good now. So yeah, the Master's lair is underneath St. Petersburg not Prague.



Beta read by Puddinhead and All4Spike. Mistakes (like that mentioned above) are all mine.



Thanks again to the readers and reviewers making this story worth the effort put into it.

19. Escape by wolffan200 [Reviews - 0] Liked (4082 words)
First of all, I want to say a huge thank you to whoever nominated me at the Sunnydale Memorial Awards. It means a lot!



Secondly, there will be two updates on this story this week. So expect another chapter on Thursday.



Thanks as ever to my wonderful betas Puddinhead and All4Spike and to all of you reading and reviewing this fic.



This is where the story starts to deviate more from canon. I hope you continue to enjoy it as things go very AU for a while.

20. Discovery by wolffan200 [Reviews - 0] (5078 words)
As promised, here's the second update for this week. We are in AU territory here people! I hope you enjoy. Just a head's up, posting might be delayed next week as the next chapter has to be beta read and edited first and Halloween will take up some time. The collab fic I've written with 3hours will hopefully be posted soon, but it will take editing work too. The next chapter will be up, it just might not be up Tuesday :)



Thanks as ever to Puddinhead and All4Spike for beta reading this and thank you to all you wonderful readers and reviewers. I think I shocked a few of you out of lurking last chapter...or maybe it was the extra wait for the chapter ;)



Anyway, here you go!

21. Learning by wolffan200 [Reviews - 1] Liked (4540 words)
Hey guys. Thois one's already been posted to LJ and ff.net, I just never got around to getting it up here, so doing so now. Working on the next chapter but I have the flu at the moment so it's slow going.

22. Failing by wolffan200 [Reviews - 1] Liked (3655 words)
So here's the chapter at long last. I won't be around this week because of graduation but I'll try and get as much writing done as possible.

Thanks as always to All4Spike who helped sort this chapter out when I wasn't happy with it. Betas are wonderful.

I also want to thank Spuffy_noelle for making me a gorgeous new banner for this story. I won't be posting it just yet, but I'm looking forward to using it :D It was an awesome gift. Pretty pictures.

Oh, and voting is open at the SunnyD awards so you guys should go check out all the awesome stories up there and show your support.

23. Captured by wolffan200 [Reviews - 0] (4028 words)
New chapter! Hope you guys enjoy. Skipping ahead a few decades for this one.



Thanks again to All4Spike for beta reading and to all my lovely readers and reviewers. I love you all.

24. Chapter 24 by wolffan200 [Reviews - 0] (4001 words)
Hey guys. Next chapter up and ready for you. This one got very talk-y. Hope you enjoy. Thanks as ever to All4Spike for beta reading.