Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: (Sadly) I do not own Buffy.

The idea for this story came from a chapter in a book a read ages ago called 'Never bite a boy on the first date'

Enjoy x
Sunnydale High. Brand new school; brand new me. Well, that's the plan anyway. My mom has moved us to a small town called Sunnydale, in the middle of nowhere, because dad ran off with his secretary. Shocker. Long story short, mom decided that getting a 'fresh start' was needed. So bye bye LA, hello Sunnyhell.

Okay, so I didn't really mind moving as much as a say, but I'm 16 - It's my job to complain at any chance I get. Honestly I was glad to get away from Angel. We went out for five months and I loved him, I really did, and I thought he loved me. I had all these stupid plans of our future wedding and future kid's names will be. I truly thought we would always be together. Turns out his mates dared him to get me into bed. Something which he took great delight in telling me the morning after. So it's kinda understandable that I was looking forward to a fresh start in a small town a bit more than would be expected.

'I'm not going to make the same mistakes again. I am not going to be weak. A brand new me.' At least that's what I told myself walking down the corridor of the great Sunnydale High in a failed attempt to find my locker.

It soon occurred to me, why I couldn't find my locker. Another student with bleached blonde hair and dressed, head to toe in black, was leaning on it and talking to his friend with floppy brown hair.
'Right, Buffy,' I thought to myself. 'This is a perfect chance to show off the new you. You are not going to let this guy walk all over you.'

“Ahem” I coughed to get the mystery guy's attention. It worked and he turned around and I saw the most beautiful pair of eyes you could ever wish to see. They burnt like blue flames and I couldn't help but get lost in them. He raised and eyebrow at me and smirked. That woke me up. 'Don't fall for it Buffy. Your dad, Angel – men are all the same.'

“Move.” I told him, a frown set in place. His smirk grew.

“Why should I?” He replied, his accent clearly British.

“I don't have time for this” I muttered under my breath as the bell rang out, calling us to class. Great. Because of this jerk I was going to be late to my first lesson at my new school.

“Xander, why don't you head off to class. I think I'm about to get lucky here.” I gave him a look of pure disgust as his friend, Xander, nodded and walked away. Captain Peroxide – as I had decided to call him – turned his attention back to me. “So, luv, what's your name?” he asked with a heart melting smile. I stayed strong.

“Buffy. The new kid.” He tried to hide his amusement at my name. I glared. “And you are...”

“Spike.” 'Oh God. Stay strong Buffy. Stay strong.'

“And that's better than Buffy because...” You could see the amusement sparkle in his deep eyes.

“Oooh. Fiery and hot, just how I like them.” Is this guy for real?

“Oooh. I think that bleach has got to your brain”
“Your really pretending that your a natural blonde, pet?” I ignored him.

“Seriously though, what is that colour: Radioactive? Glow in the dark?”

“Very funny, luv.” He said, staring right at me, the arrogant smile still in place.

“For the love of God, get out of the way!” My patience was slipping.

He lent towards me, so close that, for a second, I thought he was going to kiss me. For a second, I wanted him to. “Make me.”

I don't know what possessed me but one second we were standing centimetres apart, the next I had grabbed him by the collar and shoved him into a near by cupboard, locking him in. Satisfied I turned around smiling until I saw the clock. 'Crap.' I was really late. Forgetting the bleach headed boy in the cupboard and my locker, I set of to English with Mr Giles.


Chapter End Notes:
this is my first proper story and i hope you liked it:

Review and let me know!