'At that point I simply couldn't have said no...'

So that's how I ended up here, spending my Saturday afternoon going through all my outfits before settling on a short, black cocktail dress, leather jacket, my favourite high heeled black boots and a long silver chain for a necklace.

Now I'm just standing in front off a tall mirror in my room, checking my refection for the millionth time today, waiting for the hands on my clock to indicate 7.

* FLASHBACK *

Spike walked with me to English, and as soon as Mr Giles had set us on a mindless task, Spike turned round to me.

“So, luv. What should we do on our date then?”

“You really want to talk about this now?” I asked, indicating all the work we were supposed to be doing.

“Well I wouldn't want to give the chance to change your mind,” he replied with an adorable smile on his face. “What do you fancy then? I could take you to a nice posh restaurant?”

“I don't think either of us would fit in there. Besides – any respectable posh place would take one look at your hair and lock the doors!” I teased as he pushed me. “I would rather go to the Bronze with you. I haven't been there yet, but I hear that it's the only club worth going to around here.”

Spike gave me a fond smile. “The Bronze it is then.”

We stared at each other in comfortable silence.

“Are you two okay back there?” I jumped at the interruption and saw Mr Giles staring at us and blushed.

“Yes, sir” We answered in unison.

* END FLASHBACK *

I heard a car pull in and looked at the clock. 6:59. Rushing to the window I saw a parked black DeSoto in the driveway and Spike getting out. I ran down the stairs, as best I could in my heels, and shouted to my mum.

“Spike's here! Bye!”

“Have a good time, honey!” She called back.

“Will do, love you!” I responded, opening the door. I vaguely heard her shouting back.

“Love you too!”
I locked the door and turned round to see Spike approaching. He looked me up and down, taking me in, and I could see a spark of lust in his eyes. He gulped.

“Will this do? I didn't know if there was a dress code or something...”

“You look fine. Actually, you look stunning.” he told me, starting to recover.

“You clean up pretty well yourself.” I wasn't lying. He looked striking in a black t-shirt and a open red top, black jeans and his usual long leather trench coat. It was just so him; I kind of loved it.

He lead me to the car and opened the my door for me like a gentleman. There is definitively more too him than I originally thought.

_________________________________________

The Bronze was full of dancing teenagers and Spike lead me over to the bar. I ordered a coke and Spike did the same, though he insisted on paying for them both. We joked and laughed and just enjoyed each others company. Eventually the music changed and the beat slowed down, Spike stood up and offered me his hand.

“Care for a dance, luv?” I laughed and taking his hand, he lead me to the middle of the dance floor.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he put his around me waist, pulling me in. We swayed in time to the music as I stared into those impossible blue eyes.

“You look radiant.” He finally spoke, making me blush.

“So do you.”

“No I mean it, you look absolutely ravishing.” He said staring at me like he could see into my soul.

I shook my head in disbelief. “Now your just being silly.”

He frowned slightly. “I told you I mean it. I always thought so, ever since I first set eyes on you.”

“I locked you in the school cupboard!”

“And that's what I love about you. So much beauty and power. It's electrifying.” Our bodies were pressed together, our breathing heavy and in sync.

My fingers ran through his hair and pulled his head down towards me. Our lips met, gentle at first, but growing more and more passionate. I groaned against him and our tongues fought a battle of their own as we clung on to each other. Time stood still and I never wanted this moment to end.

It was fiery and loving and, unlike with Angel, it was real.