We spent the rest of the night dancing together, swaying in the middle of the dance floor in each others arms, grinding into each other to the beat of the music. Spike held onto me, a smile plastered on his face. He didn't stop smiling for the rest if the evening, well, except to glare in warning to the other men in the Bronze that looked my way.

I didn't mind. It made feel special and wanted.

Resting my head against his chest, I looked up at the clock and internally groaned. Moving to look up at Spike, I sighed.

“I have to get going. I promised Mom.” I informed him quietly. Spike smiled sadly and nodded. He led me back to his car, arm wrapped around my waist. He drove us back in silence as I lent my head against his shoulder. He pulled into 1630 Revello Drive.

“I had a great time.” I whispered, making no attempt to leave. He put his arm around my shoulders and kissed the top of my head.

“I'm glad.” We stayed like that for a moment.


“Tell me something.” I said, shifting my position so I could look at him.

“Tell you what?” He asked me, raising a eyebrow in question.

“Something I don't know.”

“Your really going to have to narrow that down for me, pet!” He teased me as a whacked him playfully.

“Something I don't know about you!” I requested. “Oh, I know! What's your real name?”
He sighed and rolled his head back. “Come on, it can't be worse than Spike!” He glared at me, but there was no real feeling behind it.

“My given names William – William Pratt. Made me sound like a right ponce!” His cockney accent seemed to get stronger, presumably he was trying to make himself sound less like a 'ponce' – whatever a 'ponce' is. Probably another British insult he was always dishing out to other students across the corridors at school.

“William...” I said to myself. “Cute. Though I do like the name Spike. It suits you better.”

He grinned. “That's my girl.” He said quickly, pulling me towards him before I had time to process what he had just said. I settled down into his chest, it felt safe: just lying there, Spike's arms around me. Time seemed to stand still...


“I really have to get going.” I said again, not moving.

“I know.” He shifted so that he could look me in the eye. Spike looked strangely innocent and worried. “We will do this again, right?”

“Just try and stop me.” I pulled him into another kiss.

This time it was different. Gentler – full of promise. His hand moved to cup my cheek and hold me to him. I was lost in the magic and beauty of the moment. I had never felt like this before.

Eventually breathing became an issue and we had pull away from each other, trying to catch our breaths. Spike smiled sheepishly and leant forward to careful tuck a stray piece of hair behind my ear, causing me to blush again.

“Goodnight Buffy.” He whispered in my ear.

“Goodnight Spike.”

I pushed away and got out the car, closing the door behind me. With one last longing look I walked towards the house, when I heard the car window being lowered.

“Buffy – Wait!”

I turned around and waited.

“Are we... is this... Does this mean that your, like, my girl now?”

I smiled at how sweet he was when flustered.

“I wouldn't have it any other way.”


Chapter End Notes:
The End

Let me know what you thought - reviews are both loved and appreciated :)