It wasn't until half way through English that I fully realized what I had done.

Mr Giles, my new English teacher, seemed nice and was very understanding when I told him that I was late because I had gotten 'lost'. Not a complete lie as I had sort of lost my locker back there. I sat down between a friendly looking red-headed girl and a empty seat. Apparently I made the right choice the red-head, whose name is Willow, let me copy down her notes. We were 'analysing' some story about a monster living in a small boys cupboard when I remembered Spike. What if someone had found him? Would he tell them it was me? I did not want to get suspended for locking a student in a cupboard on my first day!

“Um, Buffy, are you okay? You look kinda pale.” Willow said looking concerned.

“Well, er, yeah. I feel sick. Really sick!” I gabbled, seeing my chance. I did my best to look fragile and ill.

“Mr Giles! Buffy looks like she is about to be sick, may she go to the toilet?” Willow called out. Success.

“Of course, if she needs too. There's a bathroom just down the hall. Do you need someone to go with you?” He asked is a strong British accent. I wondered is he could be related to Spike, but ruled it out – the accents were different.

“No thank you, sir, I can manage” I said grabbing my things and rushing out the room, past the toilets, down the stairs and through the corridor to the cupboard. I peered though the small window, relieved to see Spike still there, sitting on a stool whilst writing something into his notebook. I let out the breath that I hadn't realised I was holding and unlocked the door, causing him to look up. I pushed the door open and he smiled.

“I knew you would come back for me.” He said, grinning.

“Well, you would have looked pretty stupid if I didn't.” I replied. Staring into his eyes seemed to compel me in to the tight space with him. I looked down at the notebook he was trying to hide. “What you writing?”

“Nothing.” He seemed almost shy – it was adorable. I found myself taking another step towards him.

“Doesn't look like nothing.” I whispered, leaning in. I could feel his breath on my lips and felt the burning of the flames in his eyes.

All of a sudden my lips were on his. A hunger deep inside of me clawed its way out as our tongues fought for control. We fell backwards into the shelves and Spike's hands made there way down my body to my ass. 'No!' I grabbed his hands and slammed them into the shelves.

“You don't touch unless I say so.” I whispered angrily. He nodded and pulled me back in to the kiss.

'What am I doing? You do remember Angel don't you!'
'But – mmmm, Spike lips. Lips of Spike...'
'No! You are suppose to be strong. You don't need a man. Men only bring pain. Stop it! Pull away!'
My mind was racing. Spike's passionate kiss distracting me, but thoughts of my dad and Angel made me pull away from him, putting as much space between us as the cupboard would allow.

“What's wrong?” He looked genuinely upset.

'Think, Buffy, think!'

“Um... I got bored.” I lied. I could see the pain in his eyes and I ran out the cupboard as quickly as I could manage as my legs were still jelly from the kiss.

What the hell was I thinking?


Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed... Review!