Author's Chapter Notes:
A big thank-you to everyone who reviewed and to anyone who just reads my stories and enjoys them.

CHAPTER TWO

 

Her face hurt. Not seriously, just a dull ache.

“Wake up, you filthy little bitch.” Angelus spat the words at her.

“Wha..?” Buffy murmured.

He’s found my mark on your neck, he knows we’re bonded.’ Spike hurriedly informed her.

“Change of plan, slut.”

Buffy looked around her. She was now lying on her back, chained just as efficiently as before and still with her legs apart.

“You’ve bonded with Dru’s idiot cast off. Even she wasn’t fool enough to do that.” Angelus said, a look of pure loathing on his face. “What was it? Did you miss me so much that you made do? Spike, of course, makes a habit of taking on my seconds. Did he tell you it would be forever? He probably even believes it. Here’s what he doesn’t know: as Master of his line, I can challenge his ownership of you.”

Buffy said nothing. Her mind was racing, she’d gone from fear of violation to the much more intense fear of being forced to separate from Spike.

‘He’s bluffing, love, I’m sure of it. Only death could separate us now.’

“Once Spike’s dead,” Angelus continued, “I will own you. I’ll drain you and sire you and, together, we’ll raise my son.”

“You let him live?” Buffy blurted out, surprised.

“Of course. He’s being taken care of in L.A. by some of Angel’s human friends.” He laughed, “They don’t even know that I’m back.” He sniggered, “They will, though. We’ll feast on them, together, you and I and then we’ll start corrupting the boy. Together, we’ll raise the most evil being that ever walked the earth.”

Buffy wasn’t really listening to Angelus’ rantings.

He’s going to kill you.’

‘I’m not dead yet, love.’

‘He’s going to kill you and sire me…’ Buffy was panicking, now.

“I like your windows.” Angelus said, looking out of the kitchen window and onto the sun drenched courtyard. “They’ve got this glass at Wolfram and Hart.” He angled his head so that he could look up, into the sky. “It’s interesting to see the sun, this way. To know it can’t harm me.”

He went to the door and opened it wide. The sun was directly overhead; there were no shadows in the courtyard and no sunlight spilled into the room. He walked to where Spike lay, chained, on the floor.

“This is for what you did to Dru.” He said, picking Spike up by the chains between his wrists and ankles. “She couldn’t wait for me to come back. She kept raving about you and the sunshine and then ran off to Sunnydale and got herself sent to hell.” He strode toward the open doorway, carrying Spike’s chained form as though he weighed nothing. “You should have dusted, when you did that. You used to be sooo dependant on her. I almost liked you, in those days.”

He swung Spike towards the doorway and flung him out into the sunshine, slamming the door on him.

Buffy screamed.

Angelus was at her side so rapidly, that she hardly realized he had moved from the door. He wanted to watch her pain, she realized and, as she realized that, she felt a wave of pure euphoria sweep through her mind. She smiled, knowing, suddenly, what she had to do.

“Angel?” She whispered, her voice full of relief. “Have you come to rescue me?”

She could see his confusion written clearly on his face and decided not to give him time to think.

“What happened to me?” She asked him, craning her head to look down her body. “I’m naked; Angel, please, get me out of here.” Tears were running down her face.

Angelus’ mind was racing. She was looking at him the way she used to look at Angel. She couldn’t be faking this. Was this what happened when you broke a bond? Or maybe this was what happened if one of the pair was human. She sounded happy to see him, she must really think he was here to rescue her.

He made a decision. He would play at being Angel. He would ‘rescue’ her and make her fall in love with him all over again. He would play with her head until she didn’t know up from down and then…

He crossed to the window sill where he had put the key to the manacles.

“I’ll get you out of here, Buffy.” He said in what he hoped was a gentle, loving voice. “We’ll find your clothes, it’ll be fine. You’re not hurt, are you?”

“No, I don’t think so.” Buffy said, rubbing her sore wrists while Angelus freed her ankles.

“Oh Buffy,” He said, hugging her tenderly. “I’ve missed you so much.”

Buffy didn’t reply but she moved slightly in his arms. There was a strange squelching sound and Angelus’ eyes widened in shock.

“Buff..?”

He looked down and, for a moment couldn’t make sense of what he was seeing. She had her hand pressed to his chest, over his heart - only he couldn’t see her hand. It looked as if it had been cut off at the wrist…

She pulled it back and opened her fist. His heart, shrivelled and dry, lay in her palm. She looked up, into his eyes.

“Goodbye, asshole.” She said as he dissolved.

She brushed the dust from her hands, left on her palm when his heart went the way of the rest of him.

You alright, kitten?’ Spike’s voice caressed her mind.

Never better, you?’

‘These chains are bloody uncomfortable and I landed on my face…’

‘Poor baby. I’ll have you free in no time.’

Buffy swiftly went outside and unlocked Spike’s chains, using the key Angelus had so thoughtfully left on the table.

“This must be what RatBastardWatcher meant.” Buffy said, pulling Spike’s gag out as he turned over.

“When he said I’d gained too much power from our bond?”

“Yeah. You can walk in the sun.”

“Walking wasn’t what I had in mind.” He said, kissing her.

“No?” She said, when she came up for air.

“No.” He replied, stretching his legs out and moaning slightly as his muscles un-cramped. He lay back on the flagstones.

“I thought I was going to lose you.” Buffy said, as he pulled her up his naked body for another kiss.

The sunlight warmed their skin as they hungrily devoured each other, their hands roaming over each other’s bodies.

“I’ve never seen you this way,” Buffy said. “It’s like your skin’s glowing but so pale, it’s like moonlight; you know, the way the moon reflects the sun?”

“Turning into a poet, kitten?”

“I could never do you justice…” She said, kissing her way down his body, feeling his skin - warm for the first time - shiver under her touch.

“Words don’t matter.”

He pulled her back up, feeling her dampness on his leg as he lifted her into position. She took her weight on her knees and teased him, gently rubbing her slit up and down his shaft. He stared at the moisture coating him as it glistened between them in the light.

“I love you so much I could burst.” He whispered, as she took the tip of him inside her and gently engulfed him.

They made it last, Buffy slowly rocking back and forth, smoothing him over her G-spot, tightening her internal muscles. Squeezing and releasing, smiling as he started to buck under her, unable to hold back any longer. A familiar dance, made unfamiliar by the warm rays of the sun lovingly caressing their bodies.

“Do you think what Angelus said about me was true?” Spike asked, as Buffy rested her head against his chest.

“Yes.” She answered, without hesitation. She felt a soaring happiness in the renewal of their bond; the nausea of being touched intimately by a ‘not-mate’ swept away by Spike’s touch. “It’s what attracted me to you, remember?”

“That I’m a whining excuse for a vampire?” Spike asked, his voice full of irony.

“No. That you’re a person, with the strength to make choices and not be overwhelmed by your demon side. You told me about your mom; it makes sense that Dru might have thralled you to get you through the trauma.”

“And turned me into a ruthless killer?”

“Yes. Also, Angelus didn‘t know what happened to you, Dru never told him because, she knew that he‘d taunt you with it and maybe ruin your ‘cure‘. You were one ‘playmate‘ that she intended to keep. Why do you have trouble believing it?”

“Because it’s too easy. All the things I did…”

“Do they bother you?”

Yes, of course they bother me. I was a monster. What I did…”

That’s what convinces me. You feel shame. Tell me, what soulless vampire ever felt shame?”

“You’re right, of course. D’you think Dru sired me wrong?”

“No.” She said, looking up into his eyes, “I think she sired you just right.”

THE END