[Reviews - 23] LikedPrinter
Summary: Buffy and the gang have rescued Spike from the amulet, and now, they’re all working together to create an organization that can track, recruit and train the baby slayers before the next apocalypse strikes. But can they keep everyone safe and unharmed in the meantime, or are Buffy and her unborn baby in danger? And what role does Sagaria, the Slayer Scythe, have to play in all of this?


This is the sequel to A New Life. Please read that fic first.
Rated: AO-AdultsOnly
Categories: General Fics, NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Action, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Child Abuse, Freaky/Kinky, Sexual Situations, Violence
Challenges:
Series: A New World
Chapters: 46 Completed: No
Word count: 238270 Read: 71923
Published: 10/27/2013 Updated: 10/13/2017

1. Chapter 1 - Host by badgervamp [Reviews - 5] Liked (3214 words)

2. Chapter 2 - Strategy by badgervamp [Reviews - 1] Liked (3716 words)
A fair bit of exposition in the first few chapters as the context is set.

3. Chapter 3 - Departure by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (3682 words)
A huge thank you for all of the reads - awesome. Would love to know what you guys think :)

4. Chapter 4 – Family by badgervamp [Reviews - 1] Liked (4363 words)

5. Chapter 5 - Reception by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (4643 words)

6. Chapter 6 - Baggage by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (3700 words)
This little chapter is Giles-centric, and warning, if sexy Giles squicks you, then you'll need to block your eyes and ears. Btw, apologies for the late post, had a long, tiring, busy, busy week. I would love some feedback on how you're finding this fix - no reviews equals an anxious author.

7. Chapter 7 - Reflection by badgervamp [Reviews - 2] Liked (3401 words)
I am beginning to feel really anxious about the limited response to this fic and what I can do about it. I don't know whether its the direction I'm taking the story in, the pace or the writing itself, but I'm obviously just not striking a chord with readers. Suggestions are welcome, although with another 22 chapters already in the bag, I don't know how much I could change anyway. Okay, so this chapter is Scooby-centric, just a little glimpse into the goings on in their lives.

8. Chapter 8 - Shadows by badgervamp [Reviews - 1] Liked (4192 words)
A huge thank you to TheOriginal for her kind reviews.

9. Chapter 9 - Promise by badgervamp [Reviews - 1] Liked (3299 words)
One of my favourite chapters, but you might need to close your eyes and go la-la-la-la-la out loud again if horny sexy Giles disturbs you!

10. Chapter 10 - Destiny by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (4900 words)

11. Chapter 11 - Layers by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (5252 words)
Apologies for the delay in posting - RL is barely manageable at the moment - roll on holidays! The Adults Only rating was selected largely because of this chapter. Several of the warnings come into effect here. Some dialogue from 'Damage' by Steve S. DeKnight and Drew Goddard, directed by Jefferson Kibbe.

12. Chapter 12 - Union by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (6187 words)
Okay, in honour of the very gratifying number of reads over the last 24 hours, I'm posting another chappie. (Shines halo while failing to mention was behind schedule anyway). This is a spoonful of sweetness after the horrors of Chapter 11 - don't forget to read that one first if you've just popped in after a few days away.

13. Chapter 13 - Portent by badgervamp [Reviews - 1] (4465 words)
Okay - so you're lucky to be getting a chapter tonight. I'm very excited to be heading off to the midnight screening of The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug. Need to try and squeeze in a nap before I go so I wont be a toltal write off at school tomorrow.
Just a touch of angst in this one, nothing worthy of Passion4Spike or even hulettwyo, but maybe enough for a little lip wobble.

14. Chapter 14 - Connection by badgervamp [Reviews - 3] Liked (6659 words)
A little introspection and a touch of Dawn.

15. Chapter 15 - Ink by badgervamp [Reviews - 1] Liked (5886 words)

16. Chapter 16 - Quest by badgervamp [Reviews - 1] Liked (4475 words)
Okay, this chapter wasn't going to go up until after Christmas, but thanks to The Original, my faithful sole SR reviewer, and her awesome feedback, I'm going to stick it up early. This one's for you Ebbs.
Okay, a change of pace for this chapter - just a short little filler before hings start heating up again, and a chance to meet one of the OCs that will become central to the story. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas if that is a festivity you celebrate.

17. Chapter 17 - Armour by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (7210 words)
Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Day, surrounded by whanau (family) and friends, and stuffed full of wayyy too much food. I'm sorry this took so long to post. The chapter contained a whole section of foreshadowing that didn't link in with the way I ended up writing the much later chapter, so I had to lose it. Sad, cos they were pretty words. And I'm not entirely happy with the replacement link - the section seems choppy and forced to me. I always have to write edits muse free - like he's turning his nose up at my changes. "I told you what to write and if you want to change it now well do it yourself, I'm not helping." Sad. Disquieting. A little crazy.

Oh yes, smut warning in effect here also - but you can blame that on the muse, he's a dirty bitch!

18. Chapter 18 - Wolf by badgervamp [Reviews - 1] Liked (6093 words)
Happy New Year SRers. Hope you all had a suitably celebratory New Year and earned yourselves a decent hangover the next day. I'm back from a week at a glorious beach house up north - fantastic friends, sun, beach, lots of drinkies and way too much food, but no internet!

Anyway - I am totally freaked about posting this chapter. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but ... sometimes I just get in the zone and write, then when it comes time to post I read it and think OMG - I can't post that! I've actually trolled through the taboo archives looking to see if anything is as out there as this - um, no! I'm aware I'm probably gonna freak some of you out, and squick others out. Or get kicked out of EF. But, its honestly necessary to the plot line and relationship development. Anyway Warning! Adult rating (maybe R25) and taboo+ warning in effect. And if you're of a delicate nature, close your eyes and block your ears for about six paragraphs just past the midpoint of this chapter.

19. Chapter 19 - Fruition by badgervamp [Reviews - 1] Liked (4512 words)

20. Chapter 20 - Manifestation by badgervamp [Reviews - 1] Liked (4368 words)

21. Chapter 21 - Legacy by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (5421 words)

22. Chapter 22 - Guardian by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (5829 words)
Sorry this is a day late. Camping up north and I've had to buy a day's internet access in order to post. Will probably be a day late for the next post as well.

23. Chapter 23 - Veil by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (6261 words)
And now for something completely different! I've played with the Angel S5 timeline here, done a kind of mash up. Some dialogue and settings are borrowed from 'Life of the Party', written by Ben Edlund and directed by Bill L Norton, and a smidgeon from 'Origin', written by Drew Goddard and directed by Terrence O'Hara. No copyright infringement is intended. Oh, and I borrowed Carl the doorman, one of facingthesun's original characters from her fic Reunion. Check out her story if you haven't read it, its very cool.

24. Chapter 24 - Reveal by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (4959 words)
Once again these events occur a little earlier in the Season 5 timeline than they did on the show itself (early November instead of mid April). Some dialogue and settings are borrowed from 'Origin', written by Drew Goddard and directed by Terrence O'Hara. No copyright infringement is intended.

25. Chapter 25 - Taken by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (7218 words)
Thanks to TheOriginal for her lovely reviews. An extra long chapter for you midweek entertainment!

26. Chapter 26 - Lost by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (6015 words)

27. Chapter 27 - Threads by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (4340 words)

28. Chapter 28 - Marking Time by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (5268 words)
Apologies for the delay. The holidays are over, I'm back at work and the days are long. Also, I'm nearly out of backlogged chapters. I'll try to post weekly from now on.

29. Chapter 29 - Rescue by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (6327 words)
Huge apologies for the delayed posting. The school term came along and RL kicked my arse really bad. I'm trying to finish Chapter 32 today, but I like to have a few chapters in reserve as I post. I'll probably have to push the posting scedule out to fortnightly, unless a flood of reviews could convince me otherwise :)

30. Chapter 30 - Descent by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (4713 words)
Sorry guys, this is going to be slow and painful for a while until the school holidays roll round. I've been putting in six day weeks and long days lately so no time for writing. I really like to have three or four chapters in stock and I'm down to two. I'm a really slow writer, and this is compounded by the long chapters I write and the lack of writing time. But please don't panic. I have this story plotted out to the end and much of the next book plotted as well. Its just going to take a while.

31. Chapter 31 - Underworld by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (6310 words)
Sorry, sorry, sorry. I hope you haven't given up on this. Work is just very long and stressful at the moment, and when I do finally get a bit of time to write, I'm too exhausted and lacking in motivation to churn out more than half a page at a time. So now I only have one chapter in backup. Will try to churn out a few chapters over the holidays. This will never be abandoned though, it may just be a long slow journey.

32. Chapter 32 - Flood by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (5815 words)
Finally, an update in this endless saga. Apologies for keeping you all dangling for so long, but I actually had to bust my way through a crazy busy term at work, ongoing fatigue and a very tedious case of writer's block to actually put together two more chapters in the last ten days. Yay me! So 34 and 35 are finished and 36 is underway. I am very hesitant to post too soon as these multi strand chapters are all woven together timewise and i'm trying to sort out what to reveal and what to hold back and when. It requires lots of re-edits (and sometimes a few regrets when i've already posted so can't go back and change stuff around. Oh well, excited to say that we are nearing daylight, but its not quite over yet. Thanks to all of you who have stuck with this saga. You guys are awesome.

33. Chapter 33 - Windows by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (3591 words)
A shortish linking chapter. The torture's not over yet, but the end is in sight.

34. Chapter 34 - Unseen by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (4888 words)

35. Chapter 35 - Courage by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (4522 words)

36. Chapter 36 - Thanksgiving by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] Liked (5563 words)
What? Who's that? Badgervamp? But I thought she'd died or moved to another galaxy, one where they don't have broadbabnd, or even dial up. You mean she's been alive all of this time and just busy with life and shit. Boring!

Abject apologies for the delay. To make it up to you, this is a nice long chappie, and the next two chapters are complete and will be posted fortnightly.

37. Chapter 37 – Treasure by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (7096 words)
Okay, this chapter is the one that took me so long to write thanks to the huge amount of research needed to create the 'treasure'. Anyway, its a nice long chapter so I hope you all enjoy it. Feedback would be most kindly received.

38. Chapter 38 - Token by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (5852 words)
Just a little bit of fluff for anyone who's still reading this. Hoping my readership hasn't fallen off totally, the numbers for last chapter were way down. Thanks as always to those of you who have read and a special thanks to reviewers. And an extra big thanks to Valerie21601 who nominated A New Life for the SunnyD Awards. I'm up for Best New Author, Best Angst, Best Drama, Best NC-17, Best Pairing Conventional, Best Post-Series Fic, Best Romance, Best Unfinished Fic (that fic is finished of course but I've been nominated off of my postings on Fan Fiction where I've only just started posting. So excited I almost wet my pants!

39. Chapter 39 - Blessings by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (5932 words)
Sorry this is taking so long. Its not going to get any better until the holidays as I have a huge report to prepare over the next few weeks and then student reports and staff appraisals to do - all of the fun end of year stuff. To make it up to you, heres an extra long chappie. A huge shout out to cinnia99 for her review. Thanks also to all of you out there who are reading, please let me know what you think.

For those that like pictures, there are links at the bottom that will show you exactly what my waffly words may not.

40. Chapter 40 - Birthday by badgervamp [Reviews - 1] (5102 words)
I know I've been missing in action for three and a half months, and I'm not sure if anyone's even interested in this story anymore, but I have been busy writing for the last month or so and have another three chapters finished after this one. So please let me know if you're still keen to read about the adventures in this 'verse. Oh. and Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

41. Chapter 41 - Blood by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (3605 words)

42. Chapter 42 – Awakened by badgervamp [Reviews - 1] Liked (4685 words)
Well here we go folks, after finally wrapping up baby Aidan's arrival, I've a new story arc for you. Its L.A. centric so is obviously part of a crossover thread. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks to Melly and Teep_P12. for the reviews. You guys keep me bouyed up and mused up!

43. Chapter 43 - Bonding by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (5182 words)
I hope you'll all stick with me through this fairly traumatic chapter. Some plot ideas and dialogue have been borrowed from 'A Hole in the World', written and directed by Joss Whedon himself.

44. Chapter 44– Shell by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (6623 words)
OK, so apologies for those of you who feel I'm spending a little too much time with the W & H crowd. Part of my goal for this trilogy was to correct all of the AtS Season 5 tragedies, cos the Amazon crew are gonna need those guys in the long run. This won't always be so Angel-centric, but for the most part, I'm trying to stick to the original time line. There are of course two exceptions - Connor, I wanted him brought into play much sooner than in the series - but was able to do that because of their early, antagonistic contact with Cyvus Vail, and now the Illyria arc. I decided to stick with the time frame of 'You're Welcome' which aired on Feb 4 2004. I figure I couldn't talk the Higher Powers into shifting their time schedule, so I had to have Illyria implanted while there was still a Cordy around to infest. This chapter completes my version of that arc. It draws on scenes and dialogue from 'You're Welcome' written and directed by David Fury - much kudos sir. I hope you enjoy my changes. Oh, and just for being such patient readers, I've added some Spuffy at the end - making it an extra long chapter - 6500 words instead of my normal 5000. Please drop me a line once youve read. :)

45. Chapter 45 – Mission by badgervamp [Reviews - 0] (6273 words)
Aargh - no time to fit writing into my busy life - hope this longish chapter will keep you entertained for a while.

46. Chapter 46 - Valentine by badgervamp [Reviews - 1] (6663 words)
Wow - after almost two and a half years after my last posting, I've decided to slink back through the door and post the next chapter of this fic. Eek, sorry, sorry, sorry!! I have another three chapters finished and ready to post and the story is plotted through to the end. But ... if any of you are still reading, you'll be well aware that I write very long chapters, so they take me quite a while to construct. I'll try to keep to a three weekly posting schedule, which should get me through to the summer holidays and more writing time. I'll definitely committed to completing this story - just wish I had shorter work days and more writing time