Author's Chapter Notes:
Author’s Notes:
Okay, here’s where things take off. This fic is going to be short, probably about six chapters and an epilogue. Happy New Year's everyone!
Chapter Two: Sleeping Over
Night Time
Summers’ Residence

Buffy shut the door and turned to see her mother taking the bottle of wine Spike had brought with him on behalf of Joyce. It was only a matter of time before Spike realized Richard was here and why. She only hoped he would see it her way and realize there was no way she could have gotten out of it.

“Spike,” Giles greeted stiffly. “Joyce told me you may be stopping by.”

“Disappointed, Rupes?”

Giles was about to answer truthfully, but caught the look Joyce was sending him. If he wanted to be forgiven anytime soon than he better start now.

“Of course not,” Giles replied at the grin Joyce gave him. “It’s a… pleasure to have you here, Spike.”

Buffy rolled her eyes at the display and began to head back into the living room when she caught Richard coming their way. Before she could pull Spike into the kitchen, he had reached them.

“Hey, who’s this?”

“Funny, I was just gonna ask the same thing,” Spike said.

The both turned to look at Buffy who was at a loss for words. How could she explain this so no one got hurt? She liked this thing she had going with Spike and okay, so she didn’t like Richard all that much, but it was still not reason enough to hurt the guy’s feelings. Really this whole thing was Xander’s fault, but that wasn’t really true was it? If she had told everyone about her relationship with Spike than there would have been no blind date, so really this was all her fault. Then again, who sets up a blind date the day before Christmas Eve? Urgh, stupid Xander, this mess was all his fault.

“Um, Richard,” Buffy started. “This is Spike, a friend of mine and Spike this is Richard, a friend of Xander’s.”

There, take that! Buffy mentally smiled to herself.

“I’m her date,” Richard interrupted.

Great! Just freaking great!

“Date,” Spike paused and chanced a glance at Buffy. Seeing her barely contained anger at the git, he realized that it obviously wasn’t her idea, though this could be the exact thing he’d been hoping for to get Buffy to reveal her feelings for him.

Feigning hurt, Spike continued, “Well I guess that explains it then.” Spike headed through the kitchen and out the back door.

“Spike,” Buffy called after him. She turned to her mother, Giles, and Richard, “Um, I’m gonna go check on him. You know, make sure he’s alright.”

Richard looked uncertain while Joyce nodded her agreement that someone should check on the poor boy. Giles, however, didn’t see things that way, but before he could interrupt Joyce grabbed hold of his arm and made sure to dig her nails in extra hard. Buffy smiled in thanks to her mom at hearing Giles’ yelp of pain. Joyce nodded back. She knew of Spike’s feelings for her daughter and would never have invited him if she’d known Richard was gonna be here. He didn’t deserve to see the woman he loved moving on with her life with another guy.

Back Porch
“Spike,” Buffy called as she stepped outside onto the back porch. She quickly found him, a cigarette dangling from his lips, and sitting on the porch steps. Moving to sit beside him, she took the cigarette from his mouth and threw it on the ground, putting it out with her boot.

“Hey,” Spike complained. “That was my last bloody fag.”

“I don’t care. You know I don’t like the smell of them.” Spike glared at her, but didn’t say a word. There was a moment of silence before Buffy continued. “Xander brought him as a blind date. I didn’t even know he was coming till an hour before he got here.”

Spike stood up abruptly, “You know what; I think I need a drink.”

“Spike,” Buffy called after him, but he’d already gone back inside. Buffy rested her head in her hands. Did he have to be such a baby all the time?

A Few Hours Later
“Well, I should be going,” Richard announced, getting up from the couch as the credits rolled across the TV screen and stretched.

“Hey, its late man, you might as well stay,” Xander abandoned the chair he’d been sitting in for the lasts couple of hours and joined his friend. Catching the look Buffy was sending his way, Xander add hastily, “If that’s alright with Buffy, of course."

“Um,” Buffy stuttered as everyone turned to look at her as if hanging off her every word. “Well, you’d have to ask my mom. It’s her house.” Yeah, surely her own mother wouldn’t let her down. Right?

“My family gets in at noon, so I’d have to leave pretty early,” Richard added.

“Then it’s settled,” Xander clapped his hands together. “We just gotta ask the parentals.”

“Xander,” Buffy interrupted.

“Oh, it’s okay Buff. I’ll do it. I know it’s awkward to ask your mom if your… boyfriend can stay over,” Xander added with a wink.

“Xander.”

Spike stifled a laugh from his place in the dining room. Rupert and Joyce were sitting next to him deep in conversation, but were unable to hear the conversation between Buffy and the Whelp due to the fact that they didn’t have vampire hearing. Plus they were plastered. Spike, however, was enjoying the conversation he could hear through the house, but as Buffy rounded the corner he put on what he hoped was a serious expression, as though he was still angry at her.

Buffy rolled her eyes when she spotted her mother and Giles laughing drunkenly across the table and Spike who was obviously still angry with her. She so didn’t need this. Buffy turned headed towards the upstairs bathroom, hoping to hide away for a while. She made it to the door before she felt him behind her.

“Something you wanna say, pet.”

Buffy sighed, “Spike, It’s not my fault. I tried, I’m sorry but he’s just gonna have to stay the night.”

“As your boyfriend,” he added.

“A person can’t have two boyfriends, Spike,” Buffy huffed as she entered the bathroom. Unfortunately, Spike followed her.

“Wait, so does that mean I’m your boyfriend, or do you have another guy hiding about somewhere,” Spike grinned.

“Well I wouldn’t exactly call you a boyfriend.”

“C’mon pet,” Spike took a step towards her and she in turn took a step back until her back was against the wall and Spike was pressed up against her, his unneeded breath against her neck. “Don’t be that way.”

“Were you even mad at all,” Buffy asked with moan as Spike trailed kisses down her neck and back up to nibble on her ear.

“Not exactly,” Spike grinned. “Knew you wouldn’t cheat on me.”

“We’re just having sex, Spike,” Buffy replied coyly. “There is nothing to cheat on, relationship wise.”

Spike bit down a little harder over the vampire scars on her neck making Buffy moan again, this time louder.

“But you can’t make that excuse anymore. Slayer. I’m your boyfriend,” he teased.

Buffy smiled, “Shut up, Spike.”

Their lips met as Spike trailed his hands down her body to grabbed hold of her ass while Buffy jumped up to wrap her legs around his waist. Spike’s hands immediately went to the hem of her shirt but Buffy’s hands stopped his progress.

Buffy broke the kiss to breath, “Spike, stop.”

“C’mon love,” Spike pleaded as he kept trailing kisses down her neck. “We had a fight. Now let’s make up.”

“Hey, Buff!”

Buffy unhooked her legs from around Spike’s waist and started straightening her clothes.

“Yeah,” Buffy called through the door.

“Your mom said it was fine, so now we just gotta figure out sleeping arrangements.”

“Okay, I’ll be out in a minute,” Buffy called as she swatted Spike’s hands away. “No.”

Before Bed
“Hey sweetie,” Willow greeted as she came up behind Tara in the master bathroom.

Joyce had unselfishly lent them the bigger bedroom while she herself slept in Dawn's room with Buffy. Giles had the couch with Xander and Anya had an inflatable mattress that Joyce had found in the basement along with a sleeping bag for Richard. The three were now camped out in the living room probably driving Giles up the wall.

“Hey, I thought you were in bed?”

“I was,” Willow pouted. “You were taking too long.”

Tara smiled, “Can’t have that, can we?”

Willow mumbled against her neck in agreement and they began to walk backwards out of the bathroom, giggling as they went until Willow’s feet hit the trash bin and knocked it over.

“Opps,” Willow apologized. “Here, let me-“

“No,” Tara interrupted. “I’ll get it.”

“You sure?”

“Go wait in the bedroom,” Tara smiled. “I’ll only be a minute.”

“Alright, don’t be too long.”

“I won’t,” Tara gave Willow a quick kiss before she started to clean up the mess.

Meanwhile, in the bedroom Willow divested herself of her clothes and slid a nightgown over her head. Before she could slip under the covers to get comfortable she heard Tara call out her name. She was standing in the doorway looking at something in her hand.

“What’s that?”

“It’s, um,” Tara stuttered. “It’s a p-pregnancy test. It must have been in the t-trash bin.”

“Who’s is it?” Willow asked, confused.

“I don’t know, but Will, it’s positive.”