When the sun finally set, Spike left his crypt, intending to drink himself into a coma while staying far away from the Slayer. After his dream he hadn’t been able to fall back to sleep and had spent several hours obsessing about kicking his dream-self’s ass.

However, despite his intentions about avoiding the Slayer, here he was, standing outside the Summers’ home, spying on Buffy.

He felt so stupid, lurking in the shadows waiting for scraps. It went against everything that he was, but he was craving her now.

A noise alerted him to her presence and he stamped out the glowing cigarette in his hand, not wanting her to sense him. However, the girl looked preoccupied and she trudged off in the direction of the town’s cemeteries without realizing her was there.

Now, Spike had never been the most sensible of vampires. He always followed his blood, rushing into situations where logic would dictate that he should show some restraint.

However, he knew that Mrs. Summers was out of town and Buffy wasn’t home which meant that the house was empty. And that was just too big a temptation for a vamp like Spike. He could already feel the blood rushing to his loins at the thought of entering her room and surrounding himself with her scent.

Before he could talk himself out of it, he surged forward to the house.

Getting into the Summers’ house proved to be relatively simple. Spike shimmied up the tree outside of Buffy’s bedroom and hopped through the unlocked window into her inner sanctum. His nostrils were immediately filled with her musky aroma and he breathed deeply, sucking her scent into his lungs.

She smelled like a combination of power, strength and a womanly base that was just pure Buffy.

The blond picked up a discarded sweater and held it to his face, inhaling the droplets of her fragrance that clung to the material.

Still clutching the fluffy purple sweater, Spike flopped down onto her bed, recalling the night they spent there together. As much as he’d despised her afterward, it had been one of the best nights of his life. He felt so warm and loved, more so than he ever had during his life or death. When the spell had been broken and they found out that it wasn’t real it had damn near killed him over again. Perhaps it would have been kinder to put a stake clean through his chest.

And now…now the feelings were real and tangible, like live entities living inside his breast, animating him. But unlike when they were under the spell, this time Buffy didn’t feel the same way. To her, Spike was just the annoying vampire who tried to kill her and betrayed her to Adam. However, Spike didn’t doubt that there was a seed of attraction toward him underneath her open hostility. It was just a case of finding the best way to cultivate that seed and help it blossom into something beautiful.

He was about to leave when something on the ground in the corner caught his eye.

A pile of dirty underwear.

Almost falling off the bed in his haste to reach it, he dived for the panties and picked up a pair, sniffing it. His eyes rolled back in his head as the pungent aroma of her womanly juices flooded his senses. The panties couldn’t have been worn too long ago as they were still a little damp. Spike wondered if he ever featured in the fantasies that moistened her panties.

God, he hoped so.

He lifted the panties and rubbed them against his face, letting his tongue dart out to taste the damp crotch of the silky material. The vampire purred in pleasure as her tangy juices hit his taste buds and his eyes rolled back in his head.

There was nothing that he desired more right then than to be able to sample right from the source. He could picture her spread-eagled and writhing on the bed, begging for his ministrations as he dipped his head to lick the core of her womanhood. His ears still rang with the way she’d moaned underneath him during Willow’s spell, cries of pleasure echoing in the void where his soul should have been.

The images of the object of his affections only heightened his already saturated arousal and his cock felt like it might explode in his pants at any moment. No other woman had ever had this kind of power to make him lose control so wildly. Especially when she wasn’t even in the same room as him. Buffy Summers was something special and there was no denying it.

He wanted her. He craved her even more deeply than he craved blood.

He wanted to sink down inside of her, dick and fangs buried deep within her flesh, and never let her go.

Unable to resist any longer, he freed his engorged cock from his pants and let it eagerly spring out into his waiting palm.

It was like hard steel in his cool fingers. But in his mind the fingers holding his rod were hotter, smaller and slenderer. He was flooded with the memory of how Buffy had sucked him into the heated cavern of her mouth during Willow’s spell.

He worked his own hand up and down his length, periodically moistening it with his own saliva.

Holding Buffy’s panties in one hand he wrapped them around the purplish head of his penis, the satiny material feeling heavenly against his throbbing organ. Although he had no natural body heat, he felt like a furnace was burning deep within him at that moment.

As the pleasure became more intense, he speeded up his rhythm, pumping faster and faster, biting down on his tongue to keep from roaring in bliss when he felt the throes of his orgasm wrack his body mercilessly. His white seed spurted into his hands, covering the lower part of his torso with thick, sticky sperm.

“Buffy!” he yelled, wishing that he was filling her moist cunt with his spending, before falling back against the soft coverlet.

Vampire stamina meant that a vamp could fuck ceaselessly, in spite of exhaustion, and Spike was no exception. Only moments after he finished his little solo session, the residual Buffy scent was already causing him to harden again. However, this time he resisted and reluctantly tucked himself back into the prison of his denim jeans, carefully ensuring that he didn’t catch himself on the perilous teeth of his zipper.

He knew that he should leave. It was late and she would be back soon. He was lucky that she hadn’t walked in on him jerking off. Spike knew that if she had caught him doing that then it would have warranted a stake through his chest without any hesitation on her part.

However, he couldn’t resist a little snooping in the Slayer’s inner sanctum. Spike had a feeling that his girl had a soft center inside of that hard outer shell and he was determined to find it. Opening and closing her closet and several drawers he riffled through some of her possessions. At first the search didn’t turn up anything interesting and he was starting to doubt his earlier assertions about her closet naughtiness. However, a small pink object in one of her drawers caught his eye, and the vamp smirked as he stared at it.

A little pink vibrator stared back at him and Spike couldn’t help but smile.

“Well, well, well,” he chuckled. “So she is a naughty little Slayer isn’t she?”

Curiously he plucked the vibrator out of the drawer and held it to his nose. It seemed this little toy was in regular use judging by the aroma that lingered.

“Bet Soldier Boy isn’t giving her what she needs,” he said aloud, “My Slayer needs to get off and that bloody poofter can’t get her off. Little wildcat like her needs more than some Vanilla Slice Peaches wannabe.”

Spike ran a finger over the soft rubber of the toy and shuddered with arousal as he thought about her plunging it in and out of her tight hole.

“I’d give you what you need, pet. Oh yeah, you’d get just what you deserve with me. You’ll forget your own bloody name when I shag you into the bloody ground.”

Still tightly holding Buffy’s toy, he debated whether or not to put it back in her drawer but decided that he wanted it more than she needed it. If she wanted sexual gratification without the small toy then maybe she would come to his crypt looking for what she desired. It was unlikely as hell but a vamp had to keep on hoping. Right?

He tucked the dirty panties that he’d jerked off with into his back jeans pocket and pushed the pink vibrator into the deep side pocket of his duster. Taking one last deep breath, he inhaled her scent, savoring the deep richness of Slayer musk. He felt torn when he left the room. He could happily stay here forever. Of course, it would be even better if the Slayer was in the room too. And totally naked.

He turned around, clearing the stairs in a leap and reached for the front door when a hand sailed out in front on him, blocking his path.

The vampire spun around to see a suspicious looking Buffy staring at him with bemusement.

“What are you doing?” Buffy glared at the vampire. “And here?” Spike opened his mouth to speak but Buffy held up a hand to stall him. “Five words or less.”

Thinking on his feet, Spike counted off the words on his fingers. “Wanted us to patrol…bitch!” he spit with venom lacing his voice.

“And you thought I was patrolling inside my house?” She narrowed her eyes at the vampire and he squared his shoulders. “Cut the crap, Spike.”

“Uh, well I thought you might be up for a spot of patrolling. So I came here looking for you, in case you hadn’t left yet,” he fudged, trying to look as innocent as possible.

She stared at him for another moment. Seeing Spike in her house had fazed her. For the past few months, her inappropriate thoughts about the vampire had tormented her, but being alone with him in her house…well that was like returning to the scene of a crime.

And it brought back all the memories of the night of passion they spent there.

Wanting to get him out, she waved him away with a hand. “I’m done with patrolling,” she said with a sigh. “So you can go be someplace else now. Preferably as soon as possible.”

“Done already?” he asked.

“Uh huh,” she nodded, ignoring the heat that built in her gut as she regarded his profile swathed in shadow. “The vamps out there just aren’t the same caliber they used to be.”

“Villains these days!” he sneered in agreement. “Bloody town is going to the dogs.”

Buffy wrinkled her nose and frowned. “Yes, as opposed to the halcyon days when the baddies got themselves caught by the even bigger government baddies and became chipped not-quite-so-baddies anymore.”

“Hey! That could have happened to anyone,” he protested, upset that his competency was being challenged.

“And yet it happened to you,” she smirked, before pausing and staring at him. “Why are you still here?”

“’Cause you were talking to me, you barmy chit,” he replied with a hefty groan. He always picked the crazy ones!

Buffy licked her lips and nodded. “Well you can go now.” She flicked her hand in the general direction of the doorway.

“Oi, I’m not some bloody dog you can dismiss when you’re done with him.”

“Assume that I’m always done with you, Spike,” she bit back nastily. “And don’t come into my house. Ever. Got it?”

“Got it…bitch!”

He was gone before she could utter a retort and she shook her head in confusion.

Damn vampire got weirder every single day.