From the time the two couples made their way onto the casino floor, all eyes were on them.

Buffy and William. She was an all American blonde bombshell who could stop traffic. Shiny golden hair, a perfectly golden body, slim waist, supple breasts, petal soft lips that glowed pink and long smooth legs. He, a vulgar, funny and boisterous brit who played hard, fucked harder and had the body of a greek god.

Dawn and Xander. He, the quintessential guy next door. If the guy next door had soulful brown eyes, a gentle smile and a a body chiseled from working construction since he was 17. Now, he was a man and the owner of his own company. His wife Dawn was another California goddess, with luscious lips, a heart shaped bottom, perky breasts and the face of an angel.

They laughed, drank, and danced. After an hour the quartet finally collapsed into their private booth as the men ordered another round of drinks and the women fanned themselves.

“God,” Buffy said laughing, hooking her arm with Dawn.
“That was so much fun.”

“I….” Dawn gasped, breathing heavily, her hand on her chest, trying to calm herself, “I’m too old for this shit.”

“You’re younger than me,” Buffy reminded her.

“And hotter,” Dawn quipped, leading to Buffy giving her a sharp elbow in the ribs.

“You gals ain’t seen nothing yet,” William snorted.

“Yeah,” Xander chimed in, trying to catch his breath too. “What he said.”

William glanced sharply at Xander, raising a brow. Xander was agreeing with him? Well, this was a first. Not that he had anything against the bloke. It’s just that despite their wives being best friends, William and Xander had never bonded.

“What?” Xander said.

“You’re not half bad Harris,” William said, proffering up his empty glass to Xander. Xander let a moment pass before he picked up his own glass and touched it to William’s.

“Another round?” William queried.

“So what’s the plan?” Dawn asked.

“Let’s gamble,” Xander said, his eyes gleaming.

The girls groaned.

“God you guys suck,” Dawn said darkly.

“Come now,” William chuckled. “We’ve had a right good time dinner and dancing yeah? Now let’s have a flutter.”

“A flutter sounds good,” Xander grinned. “Wait, what’s a flutter? Is it like a fluffer? Because I'm all for that.”

Dawn rolled her eyes.

“I think,” Buffy said, “We should split up. You boys go gamble and Dawn and I will go take in a show.”

“I wanna see Britney,” Dawn squealed.

“Celine,” Buffy countered.

“Britney,” Dawn said, furrowing her brow.

“Celine,” Buffy said, glaring at her friend.

“I think we’d better go before they change their minds,”
Xander said, out of the corner of his mouth. William nodded.

“And no strip bars,” Buffy ordered.

“Buffy,” William said dramatically, looking wounded. “How could you even ever begin to…..”

“Shut up William,” Buffy said.

“No strip bars,” Xander accepted, leading Buffy to give him a smile.

“And no ‘gentlemans clubs’ either,” Dawn added.

“Awwww,” Xander moaned. “Those girls need college money. We’re giving them an education. And I for one think giving a young girl an education is the noblest thing of all.”
Dawn reached out to touch Xander’s chest, then twisted his nipple until he promised not to go anywhere near such establishments.

What a pussy, William thought, wincing.

“Let’s go,” Buffy told Dawn, collecting her purse.

“Cya later,” she told her husband. “Don’t wait up,” Buffy said, causing William to sigh histrionically.

“Have fun babe,” Dawn said, giving Xander a peck on the cheek.

The men watched their wives walk away, never once looking back at them, slowly sipping their drinks as they shook their heads.

“Well,” Xander began. “I guess……..”

“Yeah,” William said glumly.

“Let’s hit the strip clubs,” Xander grinned.

“You’re a right sodding bastard,” William chuckled. “You know that Harris?”

“Takes one to know one,” Xander smirked. Once again, the men lifted their glasses and clinked them together.

Buffy and Dawn decided to head to the hotel lounge. Thankfully it was near empty.

“Do you…” Buffy said, looking around as she placed her black purse on the table in front of them. “Think they…….know?”

Dawn shook her head, resting her own golden coloured purse next to Buffy’s.

“Are we?” Buffy asked hesitatingly. “Really….?”

“We must be out of our minds,” Dawn laughed nervously.

“Ya think?” Buffy said.The girls held each others gazes, then collapsed into fits of nervous giggles.

“I mean,” Dawn began. “I know we talked about it.”

“And booked the vacation,” Buffy added.

“And talked about it,” Dawn said. “A lot.”

“Like….a lot,” Buffy said. “And…..here we are.”

“Here we are,” Dawn echoed, looking around the opulent settings. “I mean…I can’t believe we’ve even…..”

“Me neither,” Buffy cut her off. “Me….neither.”

For the first time, things got a little tense.

“I mean……..” Dawn said. “I’m not sure I could…even…..”

“But,” Buffy stuttered,. “But….you want to.”

Dawn knew it wasn’t a question. Her eyes gave Buffy the answer, before she looked away.

“Do you?” Dawn suddenly asked Buffy who considered the question it as if it were a hand grenade.

“I,” Buffy said softly. “I guess…….”

“So,” Dawn said, her voice rising slightly. “We both want to.”

“It’s not weird or anything,” Buffy said quickly. “I mean…who hasn’t…..ya know…thought about…..”

“I know,” Dawn chimed relieved. “I mean it’s normal right?”

“Perfectly,” Buffy said. “I mean guys do it all the time.”

“They so do it all the time,” Dawn said, outraged.

“Bastards,” Buffy swore. “And we’re just supposed to what?.. Be okay with it?”

“ I mean, like…..this isn’t enough?” Dawn said, pointing her fingers to herself and Buffy,

“I know,” Buffy said, shaking her head vigorously. “I mean, the work we put in to look like this…….”

“It’s never enough is it,” Dawn said darkly. “They always want the shiny new toy.”

“Ughhhhh,” Buffy said, in a completely unlady like manner. “It’s so unfair. Sometimes it sucks to be a girl.”

“Totally,” Dawn agreed.

After a minute of near silence Buffy broke the quiet.

“I don’t like what I’m wearing,” Buffy said suddenly, nervously smoothing her dress down as she picked up the golden purse. “I think I’ll go change.”

“Yeah,” Dawn said softly, clutching the black purse in her hand. “I think I’ll go change too.”

And without another word, the girls set off in opposite directions.


Chapter End Notes:
So, what do you guys think?