A year later…

William had been sorting their mail for the past half hour when he finally looked up.

Buffy was on the couch. Happily chatting away with the CEO of the cancer non-profit she’d founded in honour of her late mother. She was an extremely active board member – conducting drives, soliciting donations, organising events.

Even now, on a lazy Sunday evening, she had spent the past hour brainstorming how they could take things to the next level. And William had never been prouder.

It had been six months since they reconciled. They'd rented a new apartment. Renewed their vows. Moved on. Together.

William had become a public defender. The money wasn’t good but he found there was nothing more he loved than helping the helpless.

He looked down again. Then sighing, tossed another piece of junk onto the pile.

Next came a small, cream-coloured envelope. There was no name. No return address. Just four words.

For Your Eyes Only

William frowned. He weighed it in his hand. It was exceedingly light.

Retrieving a letter opener now, he carefully cut it open.

Then placing his hand underneath it, turned it over. A
tiny USB drive fell into the palm of his hand.

Huh, William thought. Examining it. That’s weird innit.

“I’m leaving now Meg,” Buffy said. Rising to her feet, clutching her phone via her shoulder, she grabbed up her coat. “I’ll meet you there. You have the address right? Cool.”

“Will,” Buffy said. Slightly irritably.

“Yeah?” he asked. Closing his palm around the USB and letting it hand by the side.

“Honey, I gotta go,” Buffy said. Slightly apologetically.

“What, now?” he asked. Slightly miffed. “I thought we were gonna…”

“Remember that company that big-timed us?” Buffy said.

“Yeah,” William said. Warily.

“Well, their CEO just called Meghan. Wants to set up a meet. Like now. Like right now,” Buffy said. Sounding giddy.

“Great!” William said. Enthusiastically. “You’ll be fantastic luv. Don’t sweat it.”

“I’ll be back in an hour,” Buffy promised. Then seemed to reconsider it. “Two tops. With Chinese food.”

“It’s a date,” William said. Smiling at her.

Buffy gave him a goofy grin and an even goofier wave. And then she was gone.

William found himself carefully the USB. It seemed like a regular USB.

Then the envelope again. Again, it looked like a perfectly regular envelope.

But for those four strange words.

For Your Eyes Only

Huh, William thought. Again. Strange.

He casually pocketed the pen drive and threw the letter in the trash.

Then decided it was time to watch a little football on the telly.

He walked over to the living room and then flopped down on the sofa.

A half hour later, William was in an exceedingly good mood.

He’d enjoyed a couple of beers as he’d watched his boys Man Utd put the boots to Arsenal.

“Two-nil!” he was chanting. Alongside the far more sozzled revelers at the ground.

Finally, William turned off his TV. Then decided to check his email.

He walked over to his man cave, got in his chair and turned on his laptop. For a few minutes he checked his mail. Updates from his bosses at the PD. Checked the statuses of cases he was working.

Then, he remembered the pen drive in his pocket.

He dug it out, then plugged it into the crummy laptop he’d received from his office. It immediately asked what he wanted to do. Scan for viruses, of course.

A minute later, the task was done. No viruses found, the anti-virus dutifully reported.

Now, William clicked on This PC. Drives and Devices showed three options – his own C: an D: as well as the USB as F:.

William moved his cursor to F: and double-clicked. The USB had just two files.

One was labelled Buffy.

The other was labelled For Your Eyes Only.

What? he thought. Buffy? For Your Eyes Only? What the fuck?

William found himself growing uneasy. Part of him wanted to rip out the USB and toss it in the garbage. But another part of him was curious.

“Whatchu doing?” he heard his wife ask. William looked up to see Buffy standing at the door of his office.

“Nothing,” William said. “Hey. You're back. What happened? How was it?”

The words were coming far too quickly.

“Jerk of a CEO stood us up,” she sighed.

“You're not watching porn are you?” Buffy said. Sounding as if she was cross.

“No,” he said. Defensively.

“Are you sure?” Buffy said wryly. “Because you seemed kind of spaced out there.”

“I'm not,” William said, shutting the laptop screen. He subtly disconnected the USB from the laptop and put it in his pocket. “I promise.”

“You'd better not,” Buffy warned. Then smiled. “I’m gonna go take a bath. I feel filthy.”

“Cool,” William said. He waited for a minute. Then another. When he finally heard the shower running, he plugged in the USB again. This time he selected open drive.

And there sat the two videos again.

Buffy

For Your Eyes Only

William stared at them both. He moved his cursor to the
file named Buffy. Then paused and looked. His door was still shut. He could still faintly hear the sound of the shower down the hallway.

When he double-clicked on the video nothing happened.

Then, a few seconds later, it finally opened with VLC player.

The first thing he saw was Buffy. Sitting on a bed in a silken black raincoat.

The video seemed to have been recorded in high definition. Everything was crystal clear.

“Alone at last,” Buffy said. Amorously. Aiming a sultry stare straight down the camera lens.

William found himself confused.

Buffy sent me the USB? Why would she do that ? Is this her idea of some kinky sex game? Spicing things up in the bedroom?

William stood. Intending to call out to her and straighten this out. When he heard a male voice speak.

“Buff,” the voice said. “Nearly gave me a heart attack.”

William felt like he’d been struck by a thunderbolt. He knew that voice. It was unmistakable. Him.

The camera angle switched now. Giving an overview of the room.

Xander Lavelle Harris was standing on one side of the room. Slowly approaching the bed. All the while his wife fiddled with the raincoat.

What the fuck? William thought. His eyes went as wide as saucers. His mouth went dry. His heart began to hammer in his chest.

“I'll give you a lot more than that,” Buffy said. Smiling that perfect smile, she enticingly rubbed her right leg against her calf.

The billionaire now began taking off his jacket.

“How did you get in here?” Xander asked. Sounding merely curious as he hung it on a leather chair.

“Come on,” Buffy pouted now. Like a little girl. Fiddling with the straps of the raincoat. “It's a party. Aren't you going to unwrap your present?”

He saw Buffy bite her lip and strike a sensual pose on the bed. Watched her smooth down the raincoat so that her nipples were straining against the fabric.

Xander had begun to unknot his tie now.

“Tell me how,” Xander said. Taking another step closer to the bed.

Buffy sighed irritably.

“I slipped your doorman a thousand dollars,” she said. Her voice impatient. “You should fire him.”

Now, Xander grinned. He’d begun rolling up his sleeves now.

“I'm giving him a raise,” he said. Cheekily. By now, he’d taken another two steps forward. He was standing right besides the bed now.

His wife, meanwhile, had scooted forward and sat up on her haunches.

William nervously glanced at the time remaining: 2 minutes, 15 seconds.

“So what changed?” Xander asked.

“I heard you were in town,” Buffy said. Her voice low and soft.

Now, her hands were beginning to undo his shirt buttons. And the billionaire’s hands were on her waist.

“And I guess I was surprised how glad I was,” she said.
Softly.

It finally hit William. What he was watching. Buffy seducing Xander. After she found out he’d slept with Faith.

Her payback, as Xander had put it.

Yet again, William found himself consumed with guilt. At having cheated on his wife. At having pushed her unwittingly into Xander’s bed.

He looked at the video again. 1 minute, 45 seconds to go.

“It's funny,” his wife said. Leaning close to Xander. He saw Buffy bend her head and tease his lips with hers before pulling back slightly.

“How you see someone... but not really see them, you know?”

William could see her eyes were flicker with pain and hurt, William saw.

She’s talking about me, he thought. About us.

“Yeah,” the billionaire said. Insincerely. Clearly, he wasn’t buying her words.

“It's funny. And it's just getting funnier....”

“Shhhh,” Buffy said. She’d pressed a finger to his lips now.

“I guess I got tired of lying to myself,” Buffy said. Undoing a button on his shirt. Then another. “About how much I want you.”

William knew exactly what Buffy was doing. And why Buffy was saying it. But it still gutted him to hear her say it. Especially after her admission that she’d been attracted to Xander from the very beginning.

“I want you Xander,” she said huskily. Her finger still on his lips. “And I know you want me.”

William saw his wife drop her finger down to his chin. Her mouth began moving towards his. Lips forming into a tantalizing 'O.'

Stop, William told himself. You have to…

He glanced at the time left. Just 45 seconds or so to go.
Just then, he saw his wife push the billionaire away from her. Then, striking a suggestive pose, was was letting out a sultry laugh.

“Lose the shirt,” Buffy ordered. In a commanding tone.

Xander responded by whipping it off and letting it fall to the floor. Then just stood there. Displaying his absolutely ripped physique. His upper body was muscular without being bulky. Not an inch of fat on his stomach. At least a six-pack.

Meanwhile, Buffy had sat up a little. To appraise him.

“Not bad,” she said dismissively. But the desire in her eyes was plain as day. As was the tiny tremble in her voice.

“Your turn,” Xander said. Wearing a smirk William absolutely loathed.

“What makes you think I'm wearing anything under this raincoat?” Buffy asked playfully.

William found himself alarmed when Buffy, still toying with the hem of her outfit, parted it slightly.

Tantalizingly flashing a whole heap of tanned golden breast. Then snapping it shut.

“Now the pants,” Buffy said. Bossily. “Slowly.”

Xander chuckled. Slowly, he undid his belt buckle before pulling it out of its loop and dropping it onto the floor.

“Mmmm,” she said. Her voice throaty and appreciative as she eyed his Satin boxer shorts. And what was contained therein. “Nice.”

“Say it,” the billionaire suddenly said. “Say the words.”

William saw his wife hesitate. Her cute as a button nose
flared. As she struggled with herself for a moment.

“Come to bed, Xander,” Buffy said. Scooting back now and making those oh-so-familiar bedroom eyes. Her words broke William’s heart all over again.

Now, the billionaire had joined her on the bed. Planting his knees on it, he’d begun moving towards her. Slowly.

“I won't stop this time,” Xander said. Firmly.

To William’s ears, this was a warning and a vow.

“Is that a promise?” Buffy asked. Playfully.

The camera angle switched now. To behind them both.

William watched as Buffy began to slip the raincoat off her shoulders. Then leaned back a little and spread her arms either side of her. Letting it slide off. Slowly.

William saw Buffy’s bare back being revealed as Xander stepped even closer to her. Grinning manically. As Xander moved to take Buffy in his arms, the video faded to black.

A moment later, William heard Xander chuckling and Buffy letting out a coquettish giggle.

And then the video ended.