Disclaimer: Joss is God.

She watched him as he pulled his black T-shirt over his head to hide his exquisitely well-defined abs. Then, as he zipped up his jeans and fastened them before buckling his belt. She watched as he picked up her clothes. The ones that hadn't gotten ripped to shreds yet. Her handed them to her.

Too lost in thought, she didn't move. She wasn't going to. When he realized this, he laid them down next to her prone figure on his bed. Then, kneeling before her, he slowly reached for her once more. This time though, he wasn't rough, but soft and gentle. He dressed her; covering up all the purplish colored bruises and bites that adorned her silky skin.

He didn't say a word as her rebuttoned all the tiny little buttons on the front of her black dress shirt. He knew better than to say something during this time. The time right after they finished inflicting emotions on each other. The time when she tried her hardest to erase every single memory of the acts they just committed.

Her eyes never left him. She watched every movement that he made. She watched as he carefully lifted her small foot off the ground and gently placed it into her black boot, then zipped the opening side up. He was so caring, and amiable that it almost took her breath away. Who was this man before her? This wasn't the Spike she knew. It couldn't be. The Spike she knew was hard and rough, and anything but gentle. He loved hurt and pain and suffering.

She knew from experience.

He was never loving, caring, and sweet. He never wanted to be.

But then again, did she ever let him?

Could she really name one time in which she hadn't attacked him on site, grabbing wildly and beyond all control? Had she ever really looked him in his beautiful blue eyes and told him that she wanted to take it slow? That she wanted him to make love to her?

No, not ever.

So consumed in her deep thoughts that she didn't even realize she had spoken until he looked up at her surprised by her words.

"Sometimes it's easy to forget you don't have a soul."

His icy blue eyes locked with her own cold, unfeeling hazel ones. For a moment they just stared, a nonverbal connection passing through them. She blinked then, and the moment was over. He returned his attention back to getting the other boot in place.

She almost didn't hear the quiet murmur that escaped his thin lips it was so soft. But her sensitive slayer hearing picked up on the sound. She heard it.

She wished that she hadn't.

"Sometimes it's easy to forget that you do."

And at that moment she hated herself more than she had ever hated the vampire kneeling at her feet. And she regretted every punch, kick, and slap she had ever thrown his way. Not just the physical, but the emotional too. All the hurtful, unforgiving, words she had so carelessly let escape her lips. She regretted it all.

He stood then, and reaching for his duster, he turned away from her and walked out into the cool night. A single tear rolled down the smooth slope of her cheek as he walked away from his crypt. Away from her. He didn’t look back or utter a single word.

He didn't have to.

They had both said enough to last a lifetime.


A/N: Please review. I'll love you forever if you do.

Hope you likes it,

~Saltygoodness~

__________________________________________________

Submit ReviewReport Possible AbuseAdd Story to FavoritesAdd Author to FavoritesAdd Author to Author Alert