~†~Don’t Tell Me~†~

-A/N- Song title and lyrics copy right to Avril Lavigne, I’m just borrowing it. I didn’t use all the lyrics in this one, as it’s not a long chapter. Hope you guys like. I decided to turn this into a chapter story after getting feedback that I should. So I decided to base all of the chapters on songs from Avril’s album since the lyrics are so good. Overall I’m pretty sure there will be 13 chapters.


That was by far the nicest thing Buffy had ever said to him. To tell him that being in his arms felt like Heaven, Hell, she might as well have said she loved him. To him it was much the same. One of his hands tangled in her golden locks as the other wrapped around her lower back, he hugged her close to him while she cried on his shoulder.

She pulled back and looked at him then, her eyes pleading for something neither of them understood. “Everyone was so pushy back at home. They all wanted all of the details at the very second that they saw me. Didn’t give me a chance to figure out where I am and how I got here.”

“They don’t understand, love. You can’t blame them.” Of course she could blame them, they needed to back off, but his angst wasn’t something she needed to hear right now. “They don’t know what it’s like to be brought back from the dead. To have to claw your way back from... wherever it is you were, I think it’s different for everyone.”

It was a nice feeling that at least he understood if no one else would or could for that matter. “Guess that’s one thing we have in common...” She looked away from his eyes and looked forward at the tearstain she left on his shirt.

Spike looked at her with an expression of sympathy. His face could have been featured on a Hallmark sympathy card, that’s how much he showed towards her. “As much as it will be hard to do Pet, you’ll have to educate them about where you were. It’s best not to wait, you might forget something important.”

“I’ll never forget that place.” She replied quietly. “But you’re right. I can’t keep them waiting forever; they’ve lived without me long enough.” Buffy reluctantly stepped backwards slightly, pulling herself out of his surprisingly warm embrace. “Walk me home?”

Without hesitation, Spike obliged with a nod. His arm went around her shoulders so she wouldn’t lose that safe feeling while walking through the dark town. Spike took their comfortable silence as a chance to do some thinking. Just earlier today and all of the days leading up to this day starting from when she died, he’d been a mess. Believed that he’d never again see his slayer. And now here he was, walking her home.

Taking her back to her family. Her family who had the nerve to pull her out of the Heaven that she’d been accepted into. Pulled her out of there because they were too weak to survive on their own. Selfish bloody sods they were. The only one he felt for was Dawn. Yet still that was no reason to bring Buffy back. They could have taken care of Dawn just as well.

None of that mattered now, though. Because she was back and there was nothing anyone could do about it now. Before he knew it, they had stopped. Stopped in front of her home. The lights in the upstairs were the only ones on in the house. Maybe they were fixing her room, he thought.

“Well this is it.” Buffy turned to face him. “Thank you, Spike. I really appreciate... I mean..” It was then that he took her back into his arms one last time.

“I know, love. I know.” He looked deep into her eyes, seeing nothing but pain. New pain. She was suffering all sorts of bad. He wished he could just go inside with her and hold her while she slept, but he knew she would never ask him to come because of the scrutiny of her friends.

Buffy pushed herself up slightly on her tiptoes and placed a soft kiss on his lips. To Spike it felt like a thank you kiss, but he enjoyed just the same. Buffy wasn’t sure what she meant by it, but she did know that it was something good. Something that she needed to feel at that moment.

~†~
You held my hand
and walked me home, I know
You gave me a kiss
It was something like this
and made me go “oh oh”
~†~

Spike caught a tear that escaped from her eye and she smiled sweetly at him but her smile soon turned into a frown. He looked at her, a little confused, and then he noticed that she was looking past him at something. Turning slightly he saw what she was looking at he rolled his eyes. “Bloody Hell.”

“Blondie Bear!” Harmony exclaimed as she approached Spike with a stupid grin and slut-bag outfit. Buffy wasn’t impressed. “Where’ve you been? I was looking for you to ask you about tonight, am I still coming over?” She asked seductively.

“Christ, Harm. In this country it’s illegal to stalk a guy you know? Of course you don’t know..” He added quickly, expressing how stupid he thought she was. He didn't’ even want to know how this felt to Buffy, but he somehow knew that what they had just shared was gone and out the sodden window.

~†~
You wiped my tears
got rid of all my fears
Why did you have to go?
Guess it wasn’t enough
to take up some of my love
Guys are so hard to trust
~†~

Buffy stood listening to them for about 3 minutes before she walked quickly away. She could feel two sets of eyes on her back as she walked down the path to her house.

After she trusted him to be the only one that could make her feel better about being back on the planet, Harmony had to show up. She wasn’t surprised, to say the least, in fact she almost expected him to find Harmony again after she died because he was Spike, but she didn’t want to have to hear what she heard. After all what she didn’t know couldn’t hurt her, right?

The last thing she heard before walking in her door was Spike yelling at Harmony. “You’ll never hear the end of this you stupid chit!” And then she heard his boots clomp across the street followed by the sound of Harmony’s Stiletto’s. It made Buffy sick to her stomach.

~†~
Did I not tell you
that I’m not like that girl
the one who throws it all away
-
I’m better off alone anyway...
~†~

She stalked up to her room silently; hoping no one would hear or see her. Much to her luck, they didn’t and she snuck into her room and hit the bed face first, crying into the pillows.


Reviews would be nice :) I’ll still update whether you do or not tho ;)