“She didn’t happen to say when she’d be back?” Spike asked with a sigh.



“No,” Dawn replied as she sat across from him, dealing another hand of rummy. “Sorry, she’s been kind of avoidy girl huh?” Spike simply arched a brow to say yes. “You guys…”Dawn hesitated unsure of how to ask what she feared most. “Uhm, you’re not breaking up are you?



“No, pet.” Spike assured, but then his eyes grew large and locked with hers. “Why did Buffy say something to you?”



“No, No!” Dawn said shaking her head. “She loves you Spike, it’s just…”



“She feels I betrayed her.” Spike finished.



“Yeah.” Dawn agreed as she looked sadly at the vampire across from her. “It’s silly really, I mean it’s not like you or Willow had control over your actions, which is why it’s called possession, duh.” Spike smiled at the teenager sweetly.



“I think big sis, needs a little space.” Spike said as if he had finally accepted it. Dawn’s eyes grew wide.



“And are you gonna give it to her? How…you…you live here now, remember?”



“Yeah I remember, though don’t remember how that happened exactly.” Spike said funneling his brow and thinking on it for a second. “But I might as well be back in my own place, I hardly ever see Buffy anymore, and when I do it’s usually when she’s heading out.”



“So what, you don’t have to leave,” Dawn said with a pleading look on her face. “I’m still here.”



“I know Nibblet, but I think it’s for the best. We’ll still have our Thursday dinner and movie night, like always.” Spike said trying to Aleve the girl’s stress, but failing.



“Oh, great.” Dawn said with no enthusiasm as she stood and made for the stairs.



“Hey we haven’t finished the game yet.”



“I don’t want to play anymore. Besides you need to pack right?” Dawn threw over her shoulder as she headed upstairs. Spike sighed heavily as he watched her.



~~~~



“I’m home!” Buffy called out as she entered the house, dropping the bag of weapons she had taken with her.



“Who cares?!” Came the reply from the kitchen. Wrinkling her brow and poking out her lips, Buffy walked into the kitchen.



“Wow, I’m feeling the sisterly love, what did I do now?” Buffy said as she entered the room. She leaned on the doorframe and watched her sister who sat sulking at the island, eating cereal.



“What you always do,” Dawn said and then she looked up and shot her sister a glare that caused the slayer to feel a little uneasy. “He left.”



“What, who le…” And then realization struck and Buffy swallowed at the lump that was now in her throat. “Oh.” She said feeling numb as she simply stared off.



~~~~



“Well look what we have here.” The vamp said as he appeared from the shadows, running his tongue across his fangs. “Where are you off to little red riding hood?”



“Uh…” She looked around as she began taking steps backward. “I…”



“Off to grandma’s house?” The vamp stated for her. “Well guess what baby, I’m the big bad wolf, and I’m so hungry.”



“Well there’s a Sizzlers just down the road there, or you could try DMP, though I don’t recommend it.” Another voice said from behind the girl. She quickly turned her eyes large with fear, but instantly relaxed as she stared into familiar eyes.



“Hey dude, you really don’t want any of me, so just walk away.” The Vamp said.



“Yes, I can assure you, you’re quite right, I really don’t want ‘any’ part of you, but you see the ladies a friend.” He said and then vamped out himself. “Now we can all just walk away, or I could kill you.” He said with such convictions that the other vamp backed off.



“Hey whatever man, she not much of a treat anyway, too skinny for my taste.” The vamp said as he walked off in the opposite direction.



“Hey!” The girl cried after him. “I am too, tasty.” She declared very offended.



“Yes you are a yummy treat, but you really shouldn’t announce it, especially to those who want to eat you.”



“Oh yeah.” She said suddenly shy. “Uhm, thanks Spike.” She said avoiding his eyes.



“Yeah, so what are you doing out and about, at night, by yourself.” She rolled her eyes at him.



“Oh stop it you’re beginning to sound like Xander.”



“Ok Red, no need for insults.” Spike said causing Willow to giggle.



“I just needed some air, and there just wasn’t enough in my big, lonely dorm room.” Willow said and then looked down at her feet. “Actually I was heading over to Buffy’s but then I remembered we’re not really speaking right now. Actually it’s more like she doesn’t want to see me.” Willow said sadly.



“Yeah, I know the feeling well.” Willow now looked up at him. “I’ve moved out and back into my own place.”



“Oh God!” Willow gasped her face riddled with guilt, shock, and sadness. “All because of what happened. I can’t believe she’d dumped you over that. I mean it’s not like we did any of it on purpose, our bodies got hijacked. Now Tara’s not speaking to me anymore, and we had just begun to work things out. Now were back at square one. Buffy’s not speaking to me either and she kicks you out?” She rambled.



“Actually she didn’t kick me out, I left.” Spike said as he moved to a near by bench and sat down. Willow followed, taking a seat next to him.



“You left?” Willow asked confused. “Why?”



“She needs space, to work it all out, both of them do. Buffy and Tara, and we have to give it to them.”



“This is really hard.” Willow said with a sigh.



“Yeah it is, but we’ll all get through it, and you’ll be back with your bird, and Buffy and I…”



“No that’s not what I meant.” Willow said as she nervously fiddled with her hands.



“Oh…yeah.” Spike said and then they both sat in silence staring up at the stars.



~~~~



“He left me. ‘He’ left me.” Buffy said as she paced about her room. “And now Dawn hates me, and we’ll have to go back on a tight budget, Spike was so good with the bills, and he helped me pay them all. And…and Dawn hates me…”Buffy repeated as she plopped down on her bed and looked at her oldest and dearest friend. “And I really miss him. Oh Mr. Gordo what am I gonna do?” She cried as she grasped the plush toy and held it close to her heart.



~~~~



“God are you gonna be this entertaining the whole day, cause I gotta tell you I won’t be able to contain my glee if you do.” Nicky said sarcastically. Spike simply sighed and kept walking through the murky sewer waters. He and Nicky had been assigned the sewers below ‘Big Al’s’ condos. There were demon activities down there and they were scaring off existing and potential tenants, which was not good for business. “What no wisecrack, or sarcasm? Man ever since you’ve come back from your two month’s vacation, you sure are boring.”



“Sorry.” Spike said as he stepped on a rat, which Nicky frowned at.



“So what’s the deal, what has Buffy done now? She dumped you again?”



“No I left.”



“What?” Nicky stopped in her tracks and stared after him in disbelief. “Why would you do that after finally getting her to admit she has feelings for you and all. Oh God am I gonna have to listen to you whine about the ‘Bitch’ again?”



“No, I don’t know. I mean this time I really didn’t do anything wrong. Red and I got our bodies snatched by a couple of spirits, and well they made us do things to each other that under normal circumstances, would never have happened.”



“Things like what?” Nicky probed further.



“Oh you know, kill vamps, kiss, me feeding on her while nearly having sex, trying to open the hell mouth, things like that…” spike blurted out.



“Whoa…wait a minute. You fed on her during a sexual act. Isn’t that like a mating ritual for vamps?” Spike simply groaned. “Whoa, Willow’s now your mate?”



“NO! We didn’t actually have sex; Buffy and Xander stopped the spirits before they could. So the mating act was never completed. But there’s still a connection.”



“Wow, I bet Buffy’s pissed about it huh?”



“Yeah, and I don’t understand why.” Spike said.



“Well, if you were my man, if I ever liked men that is, and you were as great as you claim you are. I wouldn’t want to share you with anyone, especially not my best friend.” Nicky stated as she began moving through the tunnels again.



“But it didn’t mean anything.” Spike declared as he flung his arms in the air, frustrated.



“It didn’t, then why did ‘you’ leave?”



“Because I knew Buffy was upset, and she needed her space to get over everything.”



“But according to you, there’s nothing to get over, cause it didn’t mean anything. Hmmm…Spike me thinks you protest too much.”



“Ok, if you’re gonna quote Shakespeare, do it right, and I’m not protesting too much of anything.”



“Ok, tell the truth then,” Nicky said turning to face him now. “You don’t remember anything that happened while these spirits had your body? You don’t remember touching Willow, tasting her?”



“Yeah, I remembered all of it.” Spike said with a heavy sigh as he looked down at a rat running through a crack in the wall.



“And how did it feel?”



~~~~



“It was Great!” Willow exclaimed excitedly. Her face lit up as she talked to Xander.



“What was great?” Buffy asked as she came and stood near the table where Willow and Xander sat chatting.



“Buffy, hey I didn’t know you were here.” Willow said nervously as she acknowledged her.



“Why, am I not supposed to be?” Buffy asked with arched brow, a contrast to Willow’s, which were now bunched up.



“No…no, ah…It’s just…I haven’t seen you in awhile, is all.” Willow quickly said.



“Oh, I’ve been busy, working and trying to get back into the school schedule, I’m a college girl again.” Buffy said.



“Oh yeah, I forgot. And how is that coming.” Xander asked as Willow sat with a saddened look on her face.



“Same as before, you know I’m kind of lost, but Tara is helping me, which is great.”



“I didn’t know you were back in school.” Willow said her face still in a frown.



“Yep, Tara helped me out with the re-admission forms and tests.” Buffy said.



“Oh…that’s wonderful Buffy.” Willow said forcing a smile, which Buffy matched.



“Thanks, so what was so great?”



“Oh Will was just telling me about the new ‘Scooby-Doo’ movie. She saw it last night.” Xander answered.



“Oh, really. Spike was gonna take me and Dawn sometime.” Buffy said and Willow instantly tensed up at hearing the name. “So it was great huh?”



“Uh…well, yeah. They so got Scooby and Shaggy down, but the rest of them were kind of lame. Oh especially Daphne, she was like an airhead in the movie. She did kick a lot of butt, but to be a red head, she acted like a total blonde, uhm no offense.” Willow said.



“None taken. Buffy said smiling a bit.



“Yeah that comment only offends natural blondes, and we all know that Buffy…” Xander didn’t get to finish the comment before getting a smack to the head from Buffy. “Awww!”



“Anyway,” Buffy said shooting Xander a warning glare. “Why did Giles call us all here, we got a new big bad I need to take out?”



“Don’t know, he said he wanted to wait until we all got here, and now that you’re here all we need is Spike, where is he by the way. He’s usually right up your butt.” Xander said getting another smack up side the head. “Awww!”



“I don’t know where Spike is.” Buffy said in a huff as she walked off to the counter.



“Oh he said he’ll be here around 3 today. He said he and Nicky had to work the sewers today.” Willow said without thinking, but the look of interest from Xander, and the death glares from Buffy told her she shouldn’t have said anything.



“When did you see Spike?” Buffy asked crossing her arms across her chest.



“Oh…uhm…Last night…I was walking…Vamps attacked…Spike saved me,”



“And he just happened to throw in between punches that he was gonna be here around 3?” Buffy inquired more.



“Ah, no,” Willow said nervously. “We sort of talked some afterwards, and then we…” At that moment Spike walked though the basement door. He looked about the room and noted the faces staring at him. Xander was a pleased look, while Buffy was one of anger and Willow one of fear.



“What happened is the bit ok?” Spike asked as he rushed into the room.



“Oh yeah Dawn is great, she hates me right now, but she’s all good. Willow was just telling us about your date last night.” Buffy said in a near hiss. Spike eyes grew large at the implication.



“What! It wasn’t a date Buffy, we just went to the movies is all, as friends.” Spike defended, as Buffy’s eyes grew abnormally large, and then became watery.



“Which I hadn’t got around to telling her about yet.” Willow said.



“You took her to the movies,” Buffy asked and then turned to Willow. “You saw Scooby-Doo with him? That’s just great.” Buffy said and then turned and made her way to the door, just as Giles walked in from the back of the store.



“Buffy!” Willow called after her friend feeling the need to explain.



“Oh good you’re all here.” Giles said as Buffy walked out slamming the door. “Or not, where’s Buffy going?” Giles asked as he looked to each of the faces in the room.



“I better go after her.” Willow said as she headed towards the door, but Spike quickly grasped her wrist, which sent a shock through them both.



“No,” Spike said as he began panting. He swiftly released Willow knowing that touching her was having an affect on him. “She’s upset right now, and when she’s like that there’s only two things that can calm her; sex and violence. Preferably at the same time…”



“Ok please no visuals, I just ate.” Xander threw out.



“My point is,” Spike said rolling his eyes at him. “Confronting a brassed off slayer is not a good idea, especially if you’re the one she’s brassed off at, believe I know.”



~~~~



“We’ve found her hang outs, and we can grab her whenever you want.”



“Good. I want you to bring her to me tonight. You can go now.” The other men left the room, leaving the warlock alone in his thoughts. “Yeah I got a craving for some strawberries.” Rack said with a chuckle.



~~~~



“Man look at us. Two good looking people, all alone at the Bronze.” Xander said sadly to his best friend who sat across from him.



“Yeah we are major losers. I mean we both had great people in our lives, who loved us. And what do we do, we let our fear and weakness run them off. Well in your case, run you off.” Willow stated and Xander simply nodded. “I miss Tara.”



“Yeah me too.” Xander said. “I mean I miss Anya.” Willow smiled sweetly at him.



“Have you heard from her lately?”



“Oh yeah I see her all the time at the Magic Box, when she’s there that is. We don’t talk because I’m usually outside staring in on her. She comes to the shop for the evening shift, and closes up. I don’t think she’s ready to face you guys yet.”



“Why not she didn’t do anything wrong, you were the dumb ass who left her at the alter.”



“Thank you for the reminding there Will, you’re a good friend.”



“I’m sorry Xander, but ‘at the alter’.” Willow reiterated



“You’re right.” Xander said as if realization finally struck. He then let his head hit the table. “Oh God she will never forgive me, she’s never coming back.” After a long silence Xander looked up. “That was your cue to pat me on the back, and tell me it’s gonna be ok, Will. Willow?” Xander looked to the empty chair and then scoped the room. He stood hoping to spot where she had gone to, it was not like her to just walk off without saying anything. Suddenly he spotted her with a couple of guys heading out the door. “Willow!” Xander rushed after them, pushing his way through the crowded dance floor. Once he got outside he saw no signs of Willow or her entourage.



~~~~



“Do you have anything yet?” Buffy asked as she and Dawn rushed into the shop to find Xander, Giles, and Tara all sitting about the table.



“Buffy good you’re here, didn’t know if you were going to make it.” Xander said.



“What! Of course I came, Willow’s still my best friend even if I’m kind of mad at her right now, I still love her.”



“Good, glad to know and I hope that applies to Spike, cause I called him, and he’s on his way here too.” Buffy swallowed the lump in her throat.



“That’s fine, he may be able to call in some favors in the demon world and find out something.” Buffy said. “So what do you guys have so far?”



“Well, I tried to do a location spell, but it didn’t work. Someone or something has put a counter spell around Willow.” Tara said.



“So were dealing with witches?” Xander asked.



“Close, but the correct answer is Warlock.” Spike said as he came through the basement door. “One in particular.”



“Rack.” Buffy said knowing. Spike nodded his head.



~~~~



“I thought you’d come back to me on your on. Amy told me you were trying to quit cold Turkey, but still I figured that you’d come back.” Rack said as he reached out and stroked her soft, silky hair.



“I didn’t…I don’t want to use anymore. Please, please don’t make me.” Willow pleaded as her tears streamed down her face. “Please.”



“Shhh…I’m not gonna make you use.” He said as he placed a finger to her lips to silence her. “I just thought since you’re not gonna be using anymore, you wouldn’t mind if I got another taste. It would be a shame to let it go to waste.” His hand shot out to Willow’s chest, and a bright red glowing light emerged there.



“Ahhhhhhh!!!”



~~~~



“Ahgggggrrr.” Spike growled dropping his head into his hand. All eyes fell to him.



“Spike, what’s wrong?” Dawn asked fear and concern in her voice. Spike lifted his head, his face in full vamp mode. Dawn stepped back some.



“He’s hurting her, we need to get to her.” Spike said.



“H…how do you know that?” Tara asked. Spike shook back his demon and his face melted into it’s human façade.



“I can feel it.” He said point blank.



“How?” Xander asked still unclear.



“When we were possessed by the spirits, the one in my body, he fed on her.”



“Oh God.” Buffy said as she plopped down in a nearby seat.



“What? What does that mean?” Dawn asked.



“Nothing, it’s just that…for vampires when we find someone we want to be with forever, eternally, we can calm them as a mate.”



“Oh dear lord.” Giles said as he began to understand.



“There’s a mating ritual, it involve the drinking of blood and sex.”



“Oh.” Tara stated realization dawning.



“Great Jabba the hut!” Xander exclaimed. “Please don’t tell me you made Willow your mate.”



“No…’I’ didn’t do anything, first of all. Secondly the ritual was never completed, remember you two barged in.”



“You sound disappointed.” Buffy said.



“Buffy, that not…” Spike pursed his lips and sighed deeply in order to keep his temper in check. “I didn’t want that to happen, neither did Willow, I was aware that it was happening, but I couldn’t do anything, I couldn’t move, all I could do, all we could do was feel. Like I said before the ritual wasn’t completed, but there’s still a link between us now. Probably due to the fact that there was drinking of blood, and heavy sexual arousal. I do know that because it was an incomplete mating this link won’t last long, but while it’s here, it’s the only way we’re gonna find Willow.”



“Fine,” Buffy said coldly. “We’ll split up, we already know that only witches, vamps, and other demons can find Rack’s place, and that it moves around a lot. So, Xander you and Tara head up town, and Spike and I will go down town. Dawn you stay here with Giles.”



“And what are we looking for exactly?” Xander asked. “I mean how will we know if we find it, and what do we do when we find it?”



“It a hot spot, literally. Tara you’ll feel it. When you do call us, I have my cell. You wait on us to get there ok.” Spike said and both Tara and Xander nodded.



~~~~



“Are you gonna give me the silent treatment forever love?” Spike asked as he and Buffy walked the darkened streets. Buffy simply kept walking beside him silently. “I love you.” He said more softly and Buffy shut her eyes, forcing back her tears, which threatened to fall.



“Do you love her too?” Buffy finally asked.



“Who? Willow?” Spike stopped in his tracks, and then grasped Buffy by the arms and turned her to face him. “Baby no, I don’t love her. I’m not gonna lie and say that there’s no attraction, but it’s due to the mating process, when our link dissolve so will the attraction, and the want. But I only love you, always.”



“Then why the hell didn’t you want to mate with me?” Buffy asked in a near yell as her tears now poured from her eyes. Spike stood for a moment shocked.



“What? Buffy, you wanted me to bite you?” Spike smiled a bit, touched by the revelation.



“Yeah, I mean is that so disgusting a thought for you?”



“No, not at all love. It’s just…” He paused looking for the right words. “Mating is a way to ensure that you’ll want, desire your mate forever. Once you’re mated you belong to that person forever and vice versa, you do understand?”



“Oh I see and the thought of being mated to me that long is so horrible.”



“No love,” Spike spoke more softly. “With you the mating ritual would be simply pointless. I always desire you, and will always want to be with you, forever. Mating with you will only ensure that ‘you’ feel the same about me, forever. Are you sure that’s something that you’d want, to be linked to me forever?” Buffy looked to him, smiling a bit now. She began to speak but was cut off. “Ahhhggggrr!” Spike yelled as he fell to the ground.



“Spike what is it?” Buffy asked kneeling beside him.



“Willow! She’s near, oh God he’s taking too much, he’s going to kill her.” He said as he got to his feet again, his demon resurfaced. He walked a few steps forward, reaching out his hand, which disappeared suddenly. “Here.” Buffy watched wide-eyed as Spike completely disappeared. After a few seconds his head and hand re-emerged. “Come on love.”



~~~~~



“Oh strawberry, you taste so good.” Rack said as he lay back, looking up at the girl who dangled, seemingly lifeless, in the air.



“Well, I hope you got as good taste, cause it’s gonna be your last.” Buffy said as she and Spike rushed into the room.



“Oh it’s the Slayer and…Spike,” Rack said with a chuckle as he slowly began to stand. “Damn, looks like we’re gonna have to cut this short strawberry, and you’re sooo ripe too.” He said with a pout.



“So you’re the one that got Willow all doped up causing her to nearly kill herself, and ‘my sister’? Oh I’m gonna enjoy kicking your ass.” Buffy declared as she moved to him.



“Oh but I think not today.” Rack said as he and the room they stood in began to fade. Willow suddenly began to fall, but Spike easily caught her. Both Buffy and Spike looked around the empty back alley they now stood in.



~~~~~



I Remember you

Do you remember me too

Born on the 14th of July

The smell of Roses made her cry



Cause I would give everything that I own

I’d give you my heart, and this skin, and these bones

The sun, the moon, the earth, the sky

And never even stop to wonder why



I would do anything

I would give everything

To be your everything



(Tara sat on the hospital bed with Willow, they talked and laughed. They told each other all that they had missed while they were apart. After an awkward moment of silence, Tara reached out and gently tucked a stray hair behind Willow’s ear. Willow gave her a weak, yet sweet smile, and then Tara leaned in and kisses her. The kiss quickly deepened)



Seems like such a long, long time

Since your body crossed my mind

But I think that you should know

It wasn’t I who had to go



Cause I would give everything that I own

I’d give you my love and this heart made of stone

The sun, the moon, the earth, the sky

The motorcycle that I‘d like to ride



I would do anything

I would give everything

To be your everything



(Buffy sat astride Spike both glistened with her sweat, both moaned and gasped in pleasure, and both locked on to each other’s gaze, as she slowly moved up and down upon him. They had been entangled in each other’s arms since arriving home from the hospital. They both began to feel the waves crashing around them began to build, and they knew soon it would over take them. Spike’s grip on Buffy’s hip tightened, as her bucking became more fevered and wild. Buffy leaned in a kissed him softly, never taking her eyes from his. She then moved back and reached up and moved her wet tresses from her shoulder, exposing her neck. Spike, without protest, vamped out and swiftly sank his fangs into the soft, tender flesh, which sent them both over the cliff of complete ecstasy.)



But if ever you should stray

Just sing along and I will play

Or look into your hands

I’m slipping through them

Like a tiny grain of sand



I remember you

Do you remember me too

Since like such along, long time

Since I held you near

And called you mine



Cause I would give everything that I own

Give you my heart, and this skin, and these bones

The sun, the moon, the earth, the sky

A brand new car you and I can drive



I would do anything

I would give everything

To be your everything



(Xander sadly watched Anya through the window of the Magic Box. He took a deep breath as if obtaining courage, he then moved to the door, and entered the shop. For what seemed like endless seconds they both stood, simply staring at the other, speechless. Xander made the first move, quickly he moved o her, and grasped her into his arms. He kissed her deeply, passionately, and poured all of his emotions into. After a weak attempt to struggle, Anya returned the kissed. As the Kiss deepened, so did their hands grope and pull, and they sank to the floor.)



I would do anything

I would give everything

To be your everything…



~~Song: ‘Everything’~~

~~Sung by: ‘StereoFuse’~~





Fin



(On to the next story: ‘Your Worst Nightmare’)