It had been awkward in the beginning, both avoided and then ignored each other, as everyone else pretended not to notice the tension between the Slayer and the resident vamp. It had been a month since Buffy had ended their ‘affair’, a month of drunkenness for Spike, and long month of bickering between the two. This night found them alone in a dank, dark cemetery seeking out fledglings. They had been patrolling for nearly an hour in complete silence and it was making Buffy uneasy, whereas Spike embraced the silence, not sure he could take her rejecting him further and sure that was what hung on her lips.

“Spike…” Buffy called out softly and he stopped and then groaned as his eyes rolled into the back of his head, a reaction he wasn’t sure was from the fear of hearing what she had to say, or simply joy from hearing her speak his name in such a tone.

“What,” He replied as he turned and gave her an icy glare. “Am I standing to close Slayer?” He asked from his spot a good fifteen paces from where she stood, watching him nervously.

“No,” She answered and lowered her head a bit, a move that use to soften Spike’s badass routine, once upon a time, but now only fueled his anger, because he knew the tactic well.

“What then?” He again asked as he pulled out a cigarette and lit it, and then pulled a deep drag from it.

“Do you have to be like this?” She inquired again looking up at him. He regarded her a moment before throwing his head back and loudly laughing, as she now stared at him in confusion.

“Like what, Slayer, you’d have to be a bit more specific, do I have to be a Vampire, yes have no choice in that, or do I have to be so devilishly handsome, again no choice, or do you mean do I have to treat you like a selfish cold-hearted bitch, if that’s the question then yes, yes I must.” Buffy bowed her head again as she felt the tears coming and the familiar lump formed in her throat, which she tried to swallow down but to no avail.

“It was wrong, Spike.” Was her mumbled response, and then her eyes instantly and instinctively shot up when she sensed he was closer. She was surprised to find that their noses were barely touching as he leaned into her face.

“Did it feel wrong?” He asked but she couldn’t find the words to answer him, she couldn’t deny that it felt wonderful, for it had, but she couldn’t admit it either, for she knew he would run with it, and they’d end up having sex right there in the middle of the cemetery. “Just say what you really mean Slayer, don’t hold it back now,” He said with a chuckle as he stepped back from her. “I’m wrong, that’s what you meant to say isn’t it?”

(Will add more here, stay tuned)