Author's Chapter Notes:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Best Long – The Destiny Award
http://www.livejournal.com/community/_fool_for_love_/
Introduction



“Damn, there’s a lot of tweed in here.” Buffy stood in the doorway of the library and she considered running away once she saw the woman that was seated at the table.



“Buffy, come join us. Sit,” Giles smiled politely and looked as if he was afraid of Buffy making a scene.



“So, you’re a watcher, huh?” Buffy wrinkled her nose as she inched closer to the woman who was across from Giles. “How does the Council want me to die this time? What kind of apocalypse are you putting me up against?”



“Buffy, it is so wonderful to finally meet you. My name is Elizabeth Monroe.” She held a hand out to Buffy for a handshake but Buffy declined the offer. “Er, the Council doesn’t need your assistance with an apocalypse at this time…” Elizabeth paused, flustered by Buffy’s snort. “We need your help in a different case. I need you to protect me.”



“Huh?”



“I need you to accompany me on a little trip. You see, I’m doing extensive research on a legendary vampire and I have finally found where he is after years of trying to locate him.”



“What are you planning on doing to the vampire?” Buffy asked as she pulled out a chair next to Giles. She sat, suddenly interested. “And when you say ‘trip’, does this mean all expenses paid?”



“I adore your enthusiasm, Buffy, to be honest, I feared you’d be rather difficult.” Elizabeth grinned and leaned in, her eyes twinkling with excitement. “This vampire has gone through many transformations in his existence and I have found a spell that will convert him into his human-state for a short period of time. I’ll need your help to make sure he is always controlled to some degree while I question him; he was as dangerous as man as he is now as a vampire.”



“So, you want me to baby-sit so you can get an A on your research paper?”



“No…well, we’d be going to Brazil!”



“Brazil? What’s in Brazil?”



“Rio de Janeiro, beaches, coves…”



Buffy flashed Elizabeth a smile, “And I’d miss class too? This all sounds too good to be true…what’s the catch? What kind of vampire am I going to protect you from? What’s his name? Have you heard of him, Giles, in your books?”



“I’ll let Ms. Monroe have the honor of telling you,“ Giles answered.



Buffy frowned, confused by Giles’s reaction, he didn’t seem too thrilled by the other Watcher’s proposal.



“Well, Buffy, I want us to come face-to-face with this demon.” Elizabeth pulled out a heavy book and slid it across to Buffy. “I want you to help me fend off William the Bloody.”



“William the who?” Buffy squinted and she took a closer look at the picture the Watcher was pointing at. “Oh my God, that’s Spike!”

***