Chapter 10

“How many days?” Buffy asked softly as they sat on the beach watching the sun go down. She was in William’s lap and sheltered by his arms.

“About eight.”

“Barely a week,” she whispered, staring ahead, knowing that if she looked at him, she’d cry.

“Hush, love, don’t think about it.” William held her tightly and took a deep breath, inhaling the scent of her hair. “Think happy thoughts, Buffy.”

“Like you staying forever?” she suggested weakly. “I’d take you home and you’d never leave me.”

“That sounds delightful.”

“And too good to be true, huh?”

“Buffy…”

“You’d see all my family and friends. Everything would be perfect. Mom would let you move in with us and maybe you could even take me to prom… They’d all love you, even Xander, who’s usually a jealous brat.”

William brushed her hair away and kissed her neck. “Maybe…this might be crazy to suggest but…maybe Elizabeth could send you with me? We could have another month in my time.”

“What would we do? Where would you take me?” She asked, rubbing his knee. “I’d wear pretty dresses, right?”

“Only the most exceptional dresses,” he answered, his warm breath blowing against her skin and giving her goose bumps. “You’d see how I usually look: floppy brown hair, glasses, a scratchy suit. I’d introduce you to my mother, after I apologized of course.”

“For what?”

“She always insisted that the woman of my dreams was waiting for me and I told her it was hopeless—that she was speaking nonsense. She never lost faith…”

“I like her already. I’d thank her.”

“My mother, she sings when her throat allows her. She’d sing for you.”

“I’ll talk to Elizabeth later or maybe you can. I’ve noticed you guys are becoming buddies lately. Does she not scare you anymore?”

“She’s not as intimidating, yes. We talk, she’s done with her research so we have actual conversations now.”

“What do you talk about?”

“This and that—you,” he mumbled. “Should you put your jacket back on? You’re cold, I can tell.”

“No, just hold me closer, please. Nothing beats body heat,” she said as she wiggled into him. “You talk about me? Should I be upset?”

“No, no.” Shaking his head, he crossed his arms over her waist. “She’s letting me contribute to her book, Buffy.”

“Really? How exciting, baby. When did you start working with her, I’m with you seventy-four seven? I know I catch you all the time writing in the notebook I bought…”

“Well,” William face lit up and he smiled widely, “Buffy, you take a very long time getting ready in the morning. We’ve been working on and off. I help her edit and she’s including a few of my poems in her book.”

Buffy moved to look at him. “You’re letting her see your poems before me? I’ve been begging since the day we met to hear them,” she pouted. “I’m so jealous now.”

“Don’t be. Don’t be upset either, love, you’ll see them.”

She closed her eyes as he pressed his cheek against hers. “When? I want a date and time.”

“I doubt I can be that exact,” he said, laughing softly. “Soon, you have my word and I never break a promise made to a lady.”

Buffy trembled with shivers. “Call me a lady again and I’ll be all over you.”

“And when did that become a bad thing?” William smirked, nuzzling against the side of her face.

“When that guy yelled at us to get a room and you couldn’t hold my hand without blushing for a few days,” Buffy laughed, remembering. “He was probably just a concerned citizen, I think I was turning blue.”

“It’s rude to yell at people like that.”

“William.” She struggled to turn in his lap so their chests were touching. “Back to the point. Soon had better be real soon, mister. I want to hear your poems, damn it.” She shook her finger at him, showing him that she was serious. “If you don’t, I’ll be mad at you.”

“I’m proud of these, Buffy.” Grinning, he bought her hand to his mouth and kissed her fingertip. “I’ve found a new muse.”

“Who would that be? Elizabeth?” she suggested, teasing.

“A lovely and sweet girl full of kindness, wit and beauty—she’s stolen my heart, Buffy.”

She blinked a few times, taking in William’s twinkling eyes. “She doesn’t plan on giving it back, you know that, right? I figure I might as well have yours since you took mine first. Finders, keepers, yada, yada.”

“That sounds fair.”

“Do I get a poem, a bonus for being such a good girl?”

“Not yet, love. I need to…prepare and then I must find the most perfect moment.”

“I’m thinking right now is one hell of a special moment. Take bribery? Bribery in the form of kisses?” She winked, trying to persuade him.

“No, love. I fear I must put my foot down.”

Buffy pouted, but she could tell he was happy to see that she wanted to hear his work and so badly. “I think I’ll kiss you anyway, but if things get out of hand…”

“I’ll take full responsibility. You may blame me and my sinister need to be constantly showered in your kisses.”

“God,” Buffy whimpered due to his words and again when he tilted her chin to reach his mouth.

Can’t believe I taught him everything he knows, Buffy thought, her body buzzing as his hand snaked between them.

“Gah,” she gasped.

“Is this ok?”

“Very ok. More than ok.” Shaking her head repeatedly, she held her breath as he unzipped her pants.

Laughing softly, his hands traveled to her back and she groaned as he cupped her bottom. “You’re wearing that thing.”

“Gotta love the thong. It’s your favorite too.”

“The black one?”

“Yeah, just for you.” She suddenly let out a squeak as his hands moved again. “I’ve told you that you have a set of talented hands, right?”

“Everyday.” He smiled proudly, making Buffy moan.

“I think I’ll have to upgrade my praising to every two to three hours.”

“You’re funny, Buffy,” William said, chuckling and blushing slightly.

“Am I?” Seconds later she began stroking his erection through his pants as he continued moving his fingers.

“You can never stay quiet, love.”

“Oh, yeah? Once I get your zipper down, we’ll see who can’t keep his mouth closed.” Panting out of excitement and anticipation, Buffy messed with the button on his pants until she could pull out his hard cock. It curled towards his belly button and William jumped when she touched him. “Look at you, honey.”

“I can’t help it.” He jumped again as she ran her thumb over the weeping head of his hardness. “Good Lord…”

“Yum,” Buffy grinned after sucking on her thumb.

“Buffy…” William croaked, his eyes wide.

“Hey, keep those fingers of yours busy,” she giggled as he nodded, swallowing and speechless. She spread her legs wider, hoping it would give him more access to her dripping heat. “Wow.” She squeezed him as a wave of pleasure shook her body. “I—there, faster.” Closing her eyes, Buffy was rocketed to her climax. At the same time, she tried to stroke him at a steady pace. “Keep-keep going. Oh, God!”

“Buffy,” he gasped her name, pressing his forehead against her shoulder as he came.

“William, William,” she whined as his fingers left her pants. “Come here, now.” Buffy kissed him until they were both breathless and they fell back against the sand with a grunt. “I think I came twice.”

“Really?”

“Yeah,” Buffy laughed, her nose pressed against the side of his face. “That was amazing, so much was happening at once.” She protectively covered his exposed, spent cock with her thigh and he inhaled sharply.

“It’s getting dark, love,” he said, wrapping his arms around her. She instantly made herself comfortable, pillowing her head on his chest.

“Just a few more minutes. You’re heart is beating so fast, William.”

“Every time we…my heart, it expands because I fall more deeply in love with you. I find that when we make love or when you laugh or when you smile at me…everything you do has the same affect on me.”

“No, my heart, remember? Mine,” Buffy mumbled, placing her hand on his chest. “I feel the same way…sometimes it hurts,” she whispered. “Never thought I could love someone so much.”

“Are we going to rest here for a while Buffy? I’m feeling tired, I want to rest my eyes.”

“I could take a nap.”
***

“Spike! Where have you been and who the hell are you with?”

“Shit, shit, shit.” Buffy woke up instantly and she covered William’s mouth before he could say anything. “Sit up, honey.”

“That woman-she’s coming this way, what are we going to do?”

Buffy buried her face into William’s chest and tucked him back into his pants. “Just say everything that I say. Is she with the antler guy?”

“I believe so,” William whispered. “She looks upset, Buffy.”

“Shhh, you’ll just have to pretend to be Spike. I’ll tell you what to say, just sound mean and cranky. She cheated on you with that thing. Sound annoyed.”

“Spike, answer me,” Drusilla demanded, stepping closer.

“Sod off,” William replied, trying to sound strong.

“Don’t talk to me like that. Where have you been, with that whore?”

William huffed but Buffy poked him. “How is that any of your concern? Bloody hell, you left me, bitch.”

“Good,” Buffy whispered. “You’re doing great.”

“You seem to have moved on quickly,” Drusilla growled. “Is the rebound fuck helping you get over me?”

“Yes, very much,” William smirked. “You’re nothing to me, sweetheart. I moved on.”

“She’s human,” Drusilla said, disgusted. “You’re fucking a human.” She shrieked, closing her eyes and covering her ears with her hands. “What has become of you? I made you into what you were. I transformed from your pitiful human self and you’ve destroyed all my hard work. That thing reminds you of her, doesn’t she?”

“I haven’t the foggiest of what you’re yammering about.”

“Her! The Slayer! Buffy.” Drusilla wrinkled her nose. “She could be her twin. Don’t lie to me, Spike.”

“Get out of here,” William growled, holding Buffy closer as she hid.

“Love to,” Drusilla glared, taking the Chaos demon by the hand. “I hope you burn.”

“Likewise, pet.”
***

“That was terrifying.”

“I know. I can’t believe she couldn’t tell that you were human…”

“Spike really talks that way? You knew exactly what to say, she wasn’t suspicious at all.”

“Yeah, I’m a good listener,” Buffy answered. “I guess the way he talks grew on me over our fights… Let’s go back.” She helped him to his feet and zipped her pants.

“Are you upset, Buffy?”

“That was a little too close for comfort but you handled it beautifully. You’re a great actor.”

“Thank you,” William grinned at the compliment as he helped Buffy with putting on her coat. “We must have slept longer than we intended.”

“It’s alright.” She took a hold of his hand. “I just want to get you home and snuggly under the covers.”
***

“Maybe we should make a schedule or something?”

“That sounds fine.”

“Then we can make the most out of this week,” Buffy suggested as they sat on the couch the next morning.

“I just want to be with you, Buffy. What we do isn’t that important.” William covered her hand with his. “I wouldn’t mind staying in today. I like watching the television.”

“We can rent movies too—maybe even ones in English.”

“That sounds wonderful, love.”

“Good morning, Buffy. William.” Elizabeth sat in the chair nearest to them. “What are the lovebirds up to today?”

“TV,” Buffy answered, “William loves his TV.”

“Oh, well, I’m sure you’re both aware that today starts William’s last week.”

“Don’t remind me,” Buffy frowned. “Speaking of the spell, do you think it’s possible for me to go with him?”

“To 1880?”

“Yeah, not for good, just for a month.”

“Yes, can you make it happen, Elizabeth? Neither of us wants to leave each other so soon,” William added.

“I guess I can look into it,” Elizabeth replied. “It’s a brilliant idea, but until then, I hate to even suggest this but, William, starting tonight, I need you to sleep in the living room and tied into a chair.”

“No!”

“Buffy, it’ll be the safest choice for all of us. If Spike returns during the night, no one will be in danger of getting hurt. It’s for the best, dear.”

“I can take Spike,” Buffy insisted, gritting her teeth. “I can handle Spike.”

“I know you can, but if he attacks when you’re…vulnerable… Remember, he wanted to kill you minutes before the spell?”

“He didn’t.”

“But he tried.”

“No he didn’t, he barely fought back,” Buffy argued. “I won’t let you keep William away from me. We only have a week and there’s no way that you’re taking him away from me.”

“Buffy, he’ll be here--.”

“Just tied to a fucking chair. No.”

“Buffy,” William spoke up softly, “I don’t want to hurt you.”

“You won’t and neither will Spike, I won’t let him. Please, don’t take her side, William,” Buffy pleaded and then she addressed Elizabeth again. “I’ll sleep with a stake between us, I’ll bathe in Holy Water, and I’ll wear my stupid cross across around my neck.”

“That isn’t necessary--.”

Buffy opened her mouth to argue more but William spoke, cutting her off. “Can you give us a minute alone, Elizabeth?” he asked, smiling politely.

“Yes, of course.” She stood and shook her head as Buffy glared at her. “Think about it Buffy.”

“I don’t think I’m going to handle this very well,” Buffy confessed when they where alone.

“I don’t mind the chair…”

“I’m not talking about the chair. It’s really sinking in now, you’re going to leave me.” She blinked, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. “This isn’t fair,” she whispered, suddenly surrounded by William’s arms. “Why can’t I stay happy? Why can’t you stay?”

“I’ll be back, Buffy. I’ll make my way back to you, I swear it.”

“You shouldn’t make a promise that you can’t keep. There’s no way of knowing what’ll happen. Spike still wanted to kill me if he remembered, he would’ve…remembered,” Buffy choked out a sob.

“I’m a good actor, love, you said so,” William said, desperate to comfort her.

“I just love you so much. So, so very much, I’ve never felt this way before,” Buffy laughed as warm tears slid down her face, “That’s usually your line, isn’t it?”

“I’ll never find another like you. I won’t even look. You were meant to be my one and only, I know it Buffy.”

She pulled back and cooed as she wiped his wet cheeks dry. “I didn’t want to make you cry.”

“It’s alright,” he said, breathing out of his mouth. “I couldn’t help it.”

“I’ll miss you,” Buffy said, even though she didn’t need to. Whining, she clung to him, tears still falling from her eyes. After minutes of listening to them both sniffle she said, “We’re go going to need to buy more tissues. Many, many more tissues.”
***

“It’s only a movie, William, don’t be scared.” Buffy patted his leg as he closed his eyes at the most exciting part of the film. “It’s all make-believe.”

“I know. I was resting my eyes. They’re still stinging.”

“That’s a good excuse.”

“Thank you.”

“But I know better, nothing will happen to the dog.”

“Really? You’re sure?”

“I promise.”

“Ok, I’ll trust you.”

Buffy laughed and continued to watch. “I hate animal movies, they’re always so sad.”

“B-but you just said…”

“Nothing will happen to him but the ending is still sad.”

“Oh,” William said, trying to relax.

“I think you’ll like the next movie more. It’s a love story. I think there’s even a nude scene.”

“A what?”

“A naked girl. It’s no different from the girls that have been parading down by the beach…in fact, remember that girl I saw you checking out?”

“I wasn’t checking anyone,” William denied instantly but not sure what she meant.

“You were looking at her. I saw you.”

“No, no, I wasn’t.”

“You’re blushing, baby,” Buffy teased. “I understand if you’re interested because you’re a guy no matter what century you came from. Looking is fine but it’s drooling and crap like that that makes me want to hit you. I don’t want to hit you, William. Besides, that girl and the one we’ll see in the movie, their,” she pointed to her breasts, “they’re fake, honey.”

“I don’t want you to hit me either—fake?”

“Plastic.”

“Plastic—what? No, that’s impossible.”

“I tell you that you’re going to become a bloodsucking fiend and you blink a few times, but I tell you that someone can have fake boobs and you say it’s impossible,” Buffy laughed. “People can go to the doctor and get body parts enhanced and changed…things can get bigger and smaller.”

William frowned, trying to understand what Buffy was saying. “Is everyone made of plastic? Are you?”

“No! No!” She poked and jabbed him in the stomach. “Do I look plastic to you, William? Do I feel plastic?”

“Buffy—sorry,” William said, laughing and trying to bat her hands away.

“William, what are you doing?”

“Shielding my eyes,” he said, peeking through his fingers and slowly bringing down his hands. “My mother tells me always to protect my eyes. They’re very important.”

“You really thought that I’d hit you? When I poked you, did it hurt?” Buffy worried that she’d caused him pain. “I was just playing, sometimes I play too rough.” She pulled up his shirt and ran her fingers over his stomach. “No bruises, I’m so sorry.”

“That tickles,” he said, smiling.

“William, tell me. Did I hurt you? What should I do to make it up to you? I know, I’ll kiss you and make it better.”

William closed his eyes but gasped in surprise as Buffy kissed his abdomen instead of his lips, “You didn’t really hurt me.”

“I’m glad,” she said, brushing her lips against his skin. “I’m not plastic, ok? I’m one hundred percent pure Buffy. Only really rich people can buy new boobs and get tummy tucks anyway,” she explained between kisses. “I don’t think I’d do anything if I had the money. I like me.”

“I like you.”

Buffy sat up, smiling at him, “Even my unfake body parts?”

“Especially those,” William reached out to cup her breast.

“Mmmm.” She put her hand on his and smirked as she moved his thumb so it stroked her nipple. “You’re going to miss the movie if you don’t stop me. You won’t know how it ends.”

“You already said it will be sad, I’d rather focus my attention to more happy matters.”

“Yeah, like what?”

“You love to tease me,” William said.

“Yup,” Buffy grinned. “I love kissing you more.” She licked her lips and giggled as William groaned. “You’re too cute, honey.” She held the back of his head, keeping him still as she kissed him, her tongue exploring his mouth.
***