Conclusion

“Tell me all about Brazil!” Willow smiled widely, playfully knocking into her boyfriend, Oz. “I want to know everything!”

Buffy tried to ignore her jealousy but seeing the happy couples that populated her high school, made Buffy feel terrible. Every hand that was held, every kiss that was sneaked in the hallway made her miss her boyfriend even more. She missed William and his little grins and how they could kiss in the sunlight for hours. Buffy also missed Spike, who hadn’t returned after six days, she missed his careful touches and hopeful glances as he tried to make his own place in her heart.

“Brazil was good.”

“That’s it? Tell me about the weather, the plants, and the people—oh, oh, the boys!”

Buffy tried to soak up some of her friend’s enthusiasm but it seemed too difficult. In the past month Buffy had fantasized about this moment, she thought over and over again how good it would feel to tell everyone about her whirlwind romance. She wanted to brag about William: how beautiful he was, how talented, how much he loved her but sitting across from Willow and Oz, she didn’t want to share her story with anyone.

“The weather was nice, the plants were green and the boys… I didn’t pay much attention to them,” she said flatly. “I had a really, really good time, Will. If I could go back and relive it, you’d never see me again.”

“Wow, that good?”

“That good.” Buffy tried to smile but it came out awkward. “So, is there any evil I should know about?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Giles wouldn’t let us patrol with Angel,” Oz said. “There’s definite bad vibes between them.”

“The baddest,” Buffy agreed quietly. “Guys, I think I’m going to see Giles and get a recap.” She gathered the remains of her lunch.

“Are you Bronzing with us tonight, Buffy?” Willow asked cheerfully. “Everyone will be there and Oz is opening for a new band.”

“I…I doubt it.”

“Buffy, you’ve been such the loner-girl lately.” Willow pouted. “Come on and join the party.”

“Will…”

She jumped to her feet and pulled Buffy aside. “If you come tonight, we’ll be able to talk. You can tell me all about the boy you’re missing.”

“Boy? There’s no boy,” Buffy lied weakly.

“Yeah right. I heard you growl when Xander kissed Cordy yesterday. You’re totally missing someone. It’ll be fun and I’ve missed you, Buffy, we need to catch up.”

Looking at Willow’s pleading eyes, Buffy sighed, “Alright but I’m not saying for long.”
***

“His name was William.” Buffy sighed and closed her eyes briefly. “He was a poet and the sweetest guy ever.”

“A poet?” Willow gushed as they sat at the Bronze. “What’d he look like?”

Buffy bit her lip and tried not to say that he looked just like Spike. “He had blonde hair that was very soft and blue eyes…he was very handsome.”

“How’d you meet?”

“He was upset and I managed to calm him down. We became friends that quickly became more than friends. We talked and walked on the beach…I loved him so much Willow.”

“Wow, so have you called him since you’ve got back?”

Buffy swallowed at Willow’s innocent question. “No, I can’t call him.”

“Why not?”

She opened her mouth to respond but something caught her attention and Buffy turned in her chair. She ignored Willow as she scanned the crowd of dancing teenagers and college students.

“Buffy?”

“Wait.” Buffy stared intensely and she stood when she saw a glimpse of bleached hair. “I’ll be back.”

Buffy’s heart pounded as she pushed through the crowd. This is crazy, she thought before she set her eyes on the blonde man who was dressed all in black. “About time,” she whispered. She gasped as he faced her, a smirk lighting up his features. Buffy struggled not to run to him.

“And they say dreams never come true.”

“You’re three days late,” Buffy snapped, punching him in the stomach.

Spike doubled over in pain and hissed, “Missed you too, pet.”

“Oh stop, it didn’t hurt,” Buffy said but after he carried on, whining and wheezing for minutes after the blow, Buffy’s concern grew. “Spike stop, it didn’t hurt.” Her eyes grew wide and she nudged him until he stood up straight. “You’re a big baby.” To quiet her fear that she’d actually hurt him; she raised his shirt and touched his stomach. “Did I really hurt you?” she whispered, her heart fell. “I didn’t mean to.”

“Ah, love,” he chuckled, taking her into his arms. “It takes more than a punch to take me down.”

“You were playing with me?” Buffy asked, trying to be upset as he nuzzled her face and hid in her hair.

“I came as soon as I could. Got in town first thing this morning.”

“What took so long?” She whined as he occasionally brushed his lips against her cheeks, forehead and chin.

“Had things to settle with Dru, had to make things set in stone.”

“Oh.”

“I would’ve called but your number’s unlisted,” he said with a grin. “But I’m here now.”

“You are,” she nodded.

“I missed you.” He whispered into her neck. “All I want to do is kiss you but I’m terrified that you may stake me.”

“I won’t.” Buffy promised, still in shock that he was with her.

“Do you want me to kiss you?” Spike chuckled as she nodded, looking embarrassed.

Buffy closed her eyes as he carefully explored her mouth. Her heart fluttered as he moaned how much he loved her before lifting her off her feet. “Oh…Spike.” Out of habit, she wrapped her legs firmly around his waist as she kissed the top of his head. “I love when you do this.”

“That’s why I do it, Buffy.” He dodged through the people even with his nose buried deep in her chest.

“Where are we going?” Buffy giggled after they nearly collided into a wall.

“Don’t know, that ok?”

“That’s fine.” Buffy’s face shined bright with a smile and red blush as they stood out in the crowd. She caught Willow’s eye and waved before Spike carried her into the night.
***

A month later…

“So, you and Spike?”

“Me and Spike,” Buffy confirmed with a nod.

“Because you fell in love with him when he was human in Brazil?”

“Yup.”

Xander scratched his head and looked at his friends as they smiled. “I need more guy friends.”

“Isn’t it romantic, Xander?” Willow asked, touching his arm.

“You’re still with him even though he’s an evil bloodsucker?”

Buffy bit her lip, feeling a tingle in her chest. “I love Spike and I love William. When Spike’s alone with me…” she sighed dreamily, “I’m still with him and I plan on being with him for a very, very long time.” Buffy closed her eyes, not needing to see Xander’s disgusted face when Spike stepped out of shadows to wrap his arms around her.

“Ready to go, kitten?”

“Yeah.” She leaned her back against his chest and looked up to kiss him.

“I think I’m going to be sick,” Xander announced but he soon yelped after Willow kicked him under the table.

“Have fun guys,” Willow blushed as they continued to kiss and moan in front of them. “Um, Xander,” she said, minutes later, “maybe we should go…”

Xander nodded, eyes wide. “Holy crap, bet they could go at it for days.”

Buffy smiled, letting out another whimper.

“Get a room!”

“Who said that?” Spike pulled his mouth away. “Was it the whelp? I’ll kill him.”

“No, you won’t,” Buffy panted with her head in his chest.

“That’s a very rude thing to say.”

A smile tugged on her lips as she looked him in the eye. “You blushing, Spike?”

“Vampires don’t blush.”

Laughing, she hugged him. “God, I love you, Spike.”

“That so?” His eyes dazzled as he pressed his lips to her temple. “I love you, Buffy. Always have.”

“Maybe we should skip patrolling tonight.”

“You have better plans?”

“Oh yeah,” Buffy curled her finger and beckoned him even closer. “You can make love to me if you want to.”

“Really?” he croaked.

“Come on.” Happiness filled her as Spike gave her a goofy grin. “Let’s go home.”
***

The End.