Chapter 5

“William…we…need…to…stop…” Buffy gasped for air between endless kisses. They had made it to the front door of the lodge but neither of them wanted to go inside too soon. “Don’t want to, but we need to.” She put her hands on his chest and she gently pushed him back.

“But Buffy--.” William pleaded.

Buffy gave him another quick kiss on the lips before keeping her distance. She began smoothing his ruffled hair and she wiped the sparkling lip-gloss that was smudged on his face and neck. “I ravished you good, didn’t I? How do I look?”

“Equally ravished. Beautiful.”

“You always say the nicest things. Suck up,” she teased before taking his hand and dragging him inside.

“You took a very long break.” Elizabeth said as soon as the couple reached the living room.

“We lost track of the time,” Buffy replied truthfully. “You should go out there Elizabeth. Have some fun, let your hair down for just one night.”

“Do you and William want to be alone?”

“It’d be nice but we don’t want to get rid of you. You just seem to be all research and no play.”

“That’s because I’m here to research--.”

“But to research, you must eat. I saw a cute restaurant that I know you’d love. They have those drinks with the little umbrellas, you know the kind of drinks I saw you slip when you thought I was asleep on the plane.”

“Well,” Elizabeth blushed. “I guess I could take a night off. We have collected a lot today and you do seem rather desperate to have William all to yourself.”

Buffy squeezed William’s hand. “What can I say? I guess I’m smitten after all.”
***

As soon as Elizabeth left, Buffy sat William down and she showed him how to order their dinner. “Pick out whatever for the both of us and then I want you to change into the best clothes you have.”

“What are you going to do?” William looked disappointed as Buffy turned and headed to her room.

“Change.”

“For what?”

“Our date.”
***

“So, what do you think? Fun?” After eating Buffy dragged William into the living room.

“Yes, I’m having a good time.”

“Good. Sometimes I forget how a date should be, you know? It’s nice not to take a romantic stroll through a graveyard or bandage up each other’s sexy wounds... So, do you know how to dance?” Buffy asked as she pressed play on the little stereo that she had taken from Elizabeth’s room.

“No.”

“I’ll teach you.” She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. “The secret to slow dancing is: it’s all about the holding and the swaying.” She pushed her full body against his and began moving leisurely to the music.

“You can touch me,” she whispered, noticing that he was in a dazed state with his arms at his sides. “I want you to.”

William croaked something Buffy couldn’t quite understand and then he put his hands on her hips.

“Please, please don’t pass out on me, William.” She nuzzled under his chin. “You don’t have to be nervous,” she whispered, pressing soft kisses into his neck and under his jaw. William groaned weakly, gaining the courage to touch her bare back. Buffy knew it was the sundress that she was wearing that had made him shy again.

And he could be embarrassed, Buffy thought suddenly, feeling the bulge in his pants poke her stomach.

“Buffy, I think I should…”

“Kiss me, please? Please William?” She begged, pushing herself even closer to him. She rubbed him up and down and then flashed him an innocent smile, as if she were clueless to what she was doing do him.

William then surprised her, kissing her harder than he had earlier on the beach. It made Buffy whimper and automatically respond, pulling his head closer and threading one of her hands in his hair. With the other hand, she searched for his and she entwined their trembling fingers.

“Oh…oh…” he moaned, breathless between bruising kisses. “Oh, Buffy.”

“I know.” Buffy nodded, unable to get enough of him. She wanted to taste more of him, feel more of him and see more of him.
I just want him. I know everything’s moving quickly but it feels so right, so good.

“Buffy, I-I need to breathe.” William gasped, ripping his mouth away. He rested his forehead against hers as he panted. “This may sound crazy but—please don’t get upset or runaway…I think I love you, Buffy.”

“You…oooh,” Buffy cooed, pleasure filling her body and her heart as he pulled her in for a tight hug. “I’m not going anywhere,” she told him softly.

“You aren’t insulted? Repulsed? Nauseated?”

“No!”

“I’m so—thank God,” he laughed, flashing her a thankful grin. “I thought you’d be appalled and tell me I was crazy to feel so strongly so quickly.”

“William, you’re so…” She sighed, stroking the side of his face with her thumb. “God, I feel the same way.”

“You do?” William tilted his head and he looked at her in disbelief.

“Yeah, there must be something in the water here, I mean, because at home this would never happen, there’d weeks of angst and drama--.”

“Oh, come on. Say it. Say the words, Buffy.”

“I…I love you too, William.” She shrugged, nervously and she opened her mouth to make another joke.

William cut her off, attacking her with kisses. They both stumbled back until William lifted her off her feet with a grunt.

“What? William?” Buffy giggled, wrapping her legs around his waist.

“Don’t know, it just felt like the right thing to do at the moment.” He smiled up at her, taking his nose from where it had been in her cleavage.

“Ok, Mr. Innocent, let’s go that way. Carry me into my room.”
***

“Now what?”

“I don’t know; you’re the one that decided you should carry me around.” Buffy laughed and she tugged on a handful of his hair. “Put me on the bed, please.”

William did as he was told and then he sat next to her. “I still can’t believe this is happening.”

“I know.” Buffy fell back on the bed with her feet dangling off the edge of the bed. She smiled when William did the same. “Now it’s my turn to say it, I’ve never felt this way before,” she said, finding his hand and holding it as they stared at the ceiling. “It’s going to be hell letting you go home.”

“But that won’t happen for weeks.”

“But it’s still going to happen.” Sighing, Buffy turned on her side and curled her body against his. “You’re not the only one who’s falling hard and fast. There’s a part of me that wants to push you away, the part of me that knows when you leave, it’s going to break my heart.”

“Buffy,” William said, reaching for her but she resisted.

“But then there’s also this louder and hornier part of me that wants to enjoy every moment that we have.” Tucking her hair behind her ears, Buffy leaned over and she kissed him sweetly on the lips. “Which part should I listen to, William?” she asked, her mouth so close to his that their lips brushed as she spoke.

“I prefer the second option, I believe.”

“Me too.” With a sigh, Buffy situated herself so she could rest her head on his chest. “But what about your mom? I’ll feel selfish if you stay the whole month.”

“Has Elizabeth told you that there’s a way for me to go back sooner?”

“No, but--.”

“Ask her again and if there isn’t a way for me to return, I’ll stay--.”

“But--.”

“I’ve waited all my life to be just noticed by someone and now that I’ve found the love I’ve been writing about and hoping for there’s no way I’m leaving you willingly.”

She blinked, William’s words sending trails of warmth through her body. “Oh, my, God. I…you’re so…can you hold me, William?”

Buffy smiled, content, as William wrapped his arms around her.
***

Buffy woke up later once she heard the sound of Elizabeth returning to the lodge. Careful not to wake William, Buffy left him snoring lightly on her bed.

“How was the night off?”

“Good, I had a good time. You?”

“Yeah.”

“You must’ve, I see that William is no longer sleeping on the couch.”

“Well, he—no, he’s going to be sleeping in my room until he goes back,” Buffy decided suddenly.

“Alright, but when the month comes to a close you may want to put him back on the couch, I’d hate for you to wake up with Spike in your bed,” Elizabeth replied with a smirk.

“Yeah, yeah. Elizabeth, did you look for a way to send him back early? Is it possible?”

“I did and it can’t be done. The spell must wear off.”

“So we have a little more than three weeks right? Maybe four?” Buffy keep her face emotionless but she felt like jumping for joy.

“That sounds about right and if you’re interested, I’ll be compiling my research for the next few days.”

“Ok…um, what does that mean exactly?”

“I’ll be typing in my bedroom and William will be free to do whatever he pleases.”

“Oooh. Well. I. Should…” She said the words quickly, taking breaths in between, trying to control her excitement as she pointed towards her bedroom. “Bye!”

Elizabeth shook her head, watching as Buffy ran back to William. “Take care of him, I may need him for more questions later!”
***

Buffy ran her finger over his eyebrows and down the slope of his nose. She was outlining the curves of his lips when he woke up.

“Buffy?”

“Yeah?”

“Is it morning?”

“Nope, would you like to get under the covers with me?” Buffy crawled to the top of the bed and when she was comfortable; she patted the space next to her.

William sat up and he scratched his head, “Are you sure?”

“Only if you take off your shoes before you get in.” She chuckled as William looked down as if he had forgotten that he wasn’t barefoot. “And if you take off your shirt. You’ll be more comfortable without it.”

“Is that right?” William eyed Buffy suspiciously as she grinned, batting her eyes. “And is what you’re wearing under there more comfortable too?” He noticed that the dress she had been wearing earlier was tossed in the corner of the room.

“You’ll just have to come over here and see for yourself.” Buffy teased, watching as he slipped off his shoes. She held her breath as he started to pull his shirt over his head.

And girls dump this guy? They cheat on him and run away…they’re idiots.

She put her hand to her mouth causally, making sure she wasn’t drooling. “God, you’re handsome.”

“You think so?” William looked down and a blush coloring his cheeks. “I don’t usually look like this. My hair…” He pointed to his head as he got into the bed. “It used to have some color to it.”

“Brown?”

William nodded, “In fact, I wasn’t this pale either.”

“That’s what happens when you stay out of the sun for a hundred years, you get pasty.” Buffy watched as he rolled to face her, pulling the bedclothes high around his neck.

“A hundred years without ever seeing the sun…? I can’t even imagine that.”

“I know; you can’t do things that normal people can do. Like, uh, going to the zoo or on a picnic, that kinda stuff. I guess you won’t miss out on much.”

Making a face, she reached for the lamp next to the bed and the blankets fell from her shoulders, exposing her nightgown to William. As she turned out the light, she heard William take a deep breath. She snuggled back into the covers and continued, “Maybe we should do more outdoorsy stuff for the next few days. Elizabeth’s giving you some time off.”

“Oh?”

“She’s starting to write. I asked about you going home and she said it can’t happen. I guess you’ll be sticking around for a while. Until the spell dies off.”

“I’m glad.”

“Me too.” She looked ahead blindly, wishing the room wasn’t so dark. “William?” she asked after several minutes of silence.

“Yes, Buffy?”

“Would you mind moving closer? I was so comfortable before—but I understand if you don’t…” Buffy stopped; William was already making his way to the middle of the bed.

“Hey that was easy,” she laughed. In his arms, her heart beat faster. Pillowing her head on his chest, she realized that William’s heart was racing too.

“You know, I’m new to this. I’ve never had a real boy in my bed before. It’s very nice. Very cozy.” She ran a hand down his upper body and kissed his collarbone.

“I love you.”

“I was thinking the same thing.” She draped her leg possessively over his body. Then she felt him kiss her hair.

“We should go to sleep,” Buffy said, sighing as he moved to kiss her temple and then her forehead. “Because…ah, sleeping is important.”

“In a minute.” William promised before kissing her mouth.

“One minute.” She agreed, responding wholeheartedly to his kiss. “Ok, on second thought maybe I could spare an hour or two, how ‘bout you?”
***