Chapter 6

Buffy woke up with a smile on her face.

Oh this is nice.

She wiggled her body, moving as close to William as she could get. William was sleeping; she could feel his warm breath blowing against the side of her neck.

So this is what Angel was talking about. This is what I would’ve missed if I had stayed with him. Sure William’s barely a real boy but he’s the closet I’ve ever had to normal.

Buffy rolled, careful to keep William’s arm around her waist.

I’m really, really liking this kind of normal, Buffy thought as she checked on how soundly William was sleeping. She touched his face and poked him in the arm and stomach a few times but his breathing stayed constant.

“Goodie,” Buffy whispered. “Now let’s see what we’ve got here.” She gently moved his arm from where it was circled around her. Taking a deep breath, she pulled up the covers and she peeked at his body.

God, he’s perfect. Move over Gavin Rossdale and bye, bye Christian Slater; my heart so belongs to another… Gorgeous. I just want to kiss him from head to toe.

Buffy’s eyes took their time, looking him over and examining his muscular frame.

Yum. And of course I’d have to spend extra time in the middle.

Buffy involuntarily made a noise that was between a sob and a whimper as her eyes focused at the front of his tight jeans.

“Buffy?”

She gasped, dropping the blankets. “William…um, good morning!”

“What were you doing down there, love?”

“I, uh—wait, love?”

“Do you mind if I call you that? It’s just a term of endearment I’ve always wanted to use…for someone special.”

“Terms of endearment are good. Sweet.” Buffy put a hand to her face, attempting to cool her burning cheeks. She tried to relax when William wrapped his arm around her again.

“It’s aright, Buffy.” He whispered in her ear causing goose bumps to breakout all over her body. “I look at you when I shouldn’t, where I shouldn’t and I can’t help myself. It pleases me to know that you’re interested in me…in that way.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about—oh, yes I do! I can’t lie to you, William. I’m really, really interested in you, in that way but I feel like a perv. Last night you were freaking out about me seeing you without a shirt on and now I sneak around to take a glimpse of your, eh, man parts while you’re sleeping... Please don’t feel violated…I was just curious.” Buffy covered her eyes with her hands, “God, I’m such a perv!”

“Perv?” William said the word with a chuckle. “Man parts?”

“Perv is short for big, rotten, immoral pervert and um, man parts are…you know, man parts.”

“I see. Would you think less of me if I don’t judge you as a pervert? That’s too strong of a label for you, Buffy. Maybe you were intrigued?”

“Are you making fun of me, William?” Buffy spread her fingers to glare at his smirk. “You’re so being a Spike right now. I’m sitting here embarrassed and you’re making fun of me.”

“Buffy, I was only teasing--.”

“Hey, hey, me too.” She took her hands from her face and she turned to him. “You can laugh at me anytime, William. I laugh at me constantly.”

“So you aren’t embarrassed?”

“No, I am. A lot,” Buffy laughed. “I thought you were sleeping. I had no idea that you’d catch me.”

“I was sleeping until you lifted the covers. It let a draft in.”

“Ok, next time I have a hankering for your man parts, I’ll make sure to keep you warm.” She giggled again, her humiliation slowly lifting. “Thank you for being so cool about this,” she whispered before pressing her forehead against his and closing her eyes. “And by cool, I don’t mean as in temperature. I mean totally sweet and charming.” She explained before holding her hand along his jaw and placing soft kisses all over his face.
***

“We’re outtie!” Buffy announced, pulling William to the door.

“Wait!”

“But--.” Buffy froze and gave William a disappointed look before they walked into the kitchen where Elizabeth was eating breakfast.

“How long will you be “outtie”?” Elizabeth curled her fingers making quotation marks in the air.

“Ew. You see those things, William. Air quotes, majorly not cool.” Buffy commented before grabbing bacon off of Elizabeth’s plate. She broke it in the half, sharing with William. “Never do this,” Buffy wiggled and her fingers exaggeratedly clawing at the air. “Never, not in the past, present or future. Ok?”

William nodded, licking his lips. Buffy knew he was thinking about the last time she’d mentioned the word ‘cool’ and the lengthy make-out session that had followed. She winked at him and William responded by finding and holding her hand.

Awww, Buffy gushed silently.

“Buffy, I asked you a question,” Elizabeth said, batting Buffy’s free hand away as she reached for more of Elizabeth’s food. “And where will you be going? Do you know the number of the lodge? You should call a few times--.”

“I don’t know where we’re going. We don’t have plans.” Buffy said with a shrug. “We’ll stay on the island though. And the first stop will be getting some sunscreen. I’m thinking William will need SPF 2,000 or something. Can’t have Spike waking up with a tan, now can we?” Buffy giggled at the thought.

“William?”

He jumped, knocked out of his daze. He had been looking Buffy up and down. “Y-Yes, Elizabeth?”

“Make sure she brings you home and safely.”

“What makes you think I won’t bring him back?” Buffy asked, not sure if she should be offended.

“You still have the Council’s credit card and a new boyfriend. The possibilities of what could be running through your head, Buffy, are both endless and frightening.”

“Hey! I resent that—have you been talking to Giles or something?”
***

“I was retired and I show up on the first day of school and all hell had broken loose—and I mean literally too. There are dead people stuffed in lockers, all powerful vampires running around in the sewers and demons just about everywhere.”

“Hell? Literally?”

“Yup, Sunndydale or as Spike calls it: Sunnyhell, it’s right on top of the mouth of hell, so Sunnyhell makes a lot of sense. I’ve seen it all: fish people, bug people, mummy people…”

“Your retirement didn’t last.”

“No, about a week,” Buffy laughed. “But at least I can’t claim to have a boring life; evil is always up to something and I’ve noticed that evil really likes to strike on Tuesdays,” Buffy said thoughtfully.

“Documenting your life would take longer than two measly days.”

“I detect some grumpiness. Why?”

“My life is a bore. I read, I write and I sit and watch as the world passes me by.”

“I don’t think that sounds so bad.” Buffy laid out a beach towel on the sand. “I think there’s enough shade here to shield you from getting too toasty.” Buffy sat and she patted the towel. “Sit.”

“I’m sorry if I’m being too gloomy.”

“Don’t worry, I plan on cheering you up.” Buffy pulled out a bottle of sunscreen out of her bag. “Shirt off please.”

“But--.”

“No, buts. Look the other people are way over there. We have this whole area to ourselves. If some other girl comes by to slobber on you, I’ll run them off. Shirt,” Buffy tugged on his sleeve.

“Alright, alright.” William submitted but he smiled once Buffy sighed after he tossed his shirt aside.

“I don’t think you’re boring.” Buffy said, drawing a happy face on his back. William groaned once she started to spread the cold lotion. “I think you’ve heard my list of reasons why I think you’re awesome. Should I go over it again?” Buffy asked, whispering in his ear.

“I don’t care how many friends you have or don’t have. I don’t care what you do or don’t do on your free time.” She paused to kiss the top of his ear. “I just—we fit. Everything you do I find fascinating. To me you’re—I just can’t get enough, you know?”

“Yes.”

“We’re like Sonny and Cher, Nick and Jessica…Kermit and Miss Piggy.”

“Who? Those names are...”

“Crap, sorry, forgot the time gap.” Buffy confessed with a giggle. “Great, now I have to explain, mmm…we’re like opposites, we…balance each other out. Does that make sense?”

“Yes.”

“Well, aren’t you just a man of few words?” Buffy continued to massage his shoulders and upper body even though the sunscreen had already saturated into his skin. “Are you’re also very agreeable. I like that.”

“Buffy?”

“Yeah?”

“Can you come here, please?”

“O-ok,” Buffy walked on her knees until she was facing him. “Was I rubbing too hard? That happens sometimes, I forget about my superpowers--.”

“No, come closer.” William opened his arms and Buffy sat in his lap. “I need to see you, so I can kiss you.”

“Oooh,” Buffy cooed, feeling very comfortable and very safe huddled in his arms. She grinned widely and closed her eyes.

“Wait, what are you doing, love?”

“Eh?” Buffy opened one eye. “Waiting for my kiss. Don’t just laugh at me, gimme,” she demanded, her lips still puckered.
***

“William,” Buffy sung his name. “Where do you think that hand’s going, mister?” She kissed him again before he could respond. Putting her hand on his, she pushed him closer to her chest.

“My—my hand slipped.” William panted.

“Sure, whatever you say. Here.” She quickly reached under her shirt to unhook her bra. Hearing William gasp, she placed his hand on her stomach before he could say anything. “Touch me,” she said. Buffy looked into his eyes, giving him further permission. “Please?”

“B-Buffy?”

“William?” Buffy asked with a little grin on her face. “Do I need to show you what to d—ooh.” She gasped, feeling his fingertips brush against her nipple.

“You like that?” He asked with a proud smile on his face.

“Very much.” Buffy whimpered as he cupped and squeezed her breast.

“Your skin is so soft,” he murmured, pushing his lips against her forehead.

“Thanks, moisturizers have always been very important to me.” Quickly, Buffy started to unbutton her shirt.

“Wait, Buffy, I don’t think you should do that.” William closed his eyes as Buffy struggled to slip her bra off and keep her shirt on her shoulders. “We’re in public and--.”

“Open your eyes.”

“Buffy—I--.” William’s eyes flew open once Buffy’s hand slipped under the waistband of his pants.

“Now, there’s a good boy.” Buffy giggled, placing his hands to her bare chest.
***

“How was your day, William?”

“Mmmm…” William covered his mouth to politely conceal the food he was eating. “Nice.”

“Did you see any sights?”

A smile tugged on Buffy’s lips as William blushed. Dirty mind, she thought. “We went to the zoo,” Buffy answered, looking at Elizabeth as her she slipped off her shoes under the table. Her leg stretched across and her foot stroked William’s ankle.

“William, are you alright?”

“Yes, Elizabeth, I just…had a chill.”

“Oh,” Elizabeth gave him a sideways glance. “Did you like the zoo?”

“He liked the trolley ride the most. How many times did you make me take you on it?” Buffy asked sweetly, her foot resting on his thigh.

“Three.”

Buffy scooted down in her seat, putting her foot between his legs. “I liked the cat exhibit the most.”

Elizabeth nodded, reaching for her drink. “You’ll be in for the rest of the night?”

Buffy and William both nodded.

“And what are you doing tomorrow?”

“More sightseeing.” William responded before Buffy. He took a bite of his dinner and moaned, “This is very delicious food.”

“Agreed.” Buffy pressed her toes against William’s pending erection for the second time.
***

“What’s a trolley?”

“A car.”

“Oh, and that is?”

“You don’t have cars yet?”

“Apparently no.”

“Oh, well they’re motorized buggies that take people from place to place.”

“Will we ever go to the zoo?”

“If you want to, I wouldn’t mind. I’m sure we can find one on the island.”

“I’d like that. And Buffy, I didn’t feel comfortable lying to Elizabeth.”

“Sorry.”

“But I also wouldn’t have felt anymore comfortable telling her the truth.”

“Did you know when you blush, your ears turn pink?”

“Did you know when you blush, you glow?”

“You’re just saying that.” Buffy playfully hit William in the arm. “You’re just trying to weasel more compliments outta me but it’s not happening. Nope.” Buffy shook her head and crossed her arms.

“No, no, I mean it. I’m being honest here, love. Why on earth would I lie to you?”

“Because you just want to see my boobs again.”

William gasped and he held a hand to his chest. “I’d never!”

“That is the fruitiest thing I’ve ever seen anyone do! Ever!” Buffy laughed out loud.

“Fruity? Like an apple?”

Buffy held back her smile. “Slang. Someday you’ll understand. I promise. Until then, yes, William, I think you are an apple.”

“You aren’t going to explain it to me,” William frowned.

“Nope. I can only give so much,” Buffy replied with a wink.
***

“I’m sleepy,” Buffy announced, rising her head off of William’s shoulder.

“You’ve been sleeping for over two hours and you missed this program.” William pointed at the television. “I couldn’t comprehend what was said literally but from their facial expressions and body language I found the story very moving.”

“Moving? Did you cry?”

“Bah, I wouldn’t cry at something shown on a box.”

“Don’t diss the TV, William. I know for a fact that Spike has a very meaningful relationship with his.” Buffy pulled on William’s arm. “Let’s go to bed.”

“I’m sleeping with you again?”

“Hell, ya.”
***

“This could be a dumb question but do you remember what time it was when you showed up?”

“I have no idea.” William pulled Buffy onto his chest and he tugged the blankets to her neck.

“I’m trying to figure out the days we have left,” Buffy explained quietly. “You came on the second and it now the fifth, almost sixth. That means we have…” Buffy counted on her fingers. “What’s seventeen plus fifteen minus four?”

“Twenty eight.”

“Oh, that’s not bad…I guess. Could be worse.”

“Don’t think about it, love.” William hugged Buffy tightly.

“Ok, but I want you to know when I’m saying ok, I’m lying. I’m just trying to be agreeable.”

“I understand.”

“You do and it’s strange. You get a lot for a guy from the olden days.”

“I understand you, Buffy.”

“Mmmm,” Buffy nodded, “That’s strange too, because William, I’m one strange cookie.”

“Cookie, eh?”

“Sorry another name involving food,” Buffy said while yawning. She blinked a few times, her eyes watering. “Long day. Need beauty sleep.” She tilted her head up searching for William’s lips. “Goodnight.”

“Night, love.”
***