Chapter 7

“These fish are very colorful.” William inched closer to the aquarium, a blue cast lighting his face. “I’ve never seen anything like them.”

Buffy watched, wondering if William would press his nose up to the glass. They’d been in the aquarium for over an hour and it was the first and only exhibit they’d seen after stepping foot in the zoo. Buffy tagged along, holding his hand and listening as William read all the information that was posted on every wall and under every fish tank.

“You’re like a little sponge, William, soaking up all the fishy knowledge.”

“These signs are very educational.” William turned to give Buffy a grin. “I’m taking too long, I’m sorry. It’s a brilliant concept: mixing biology and entertainment, beautiful creatures with facts and figures. Brilliant.”

Buffy said nothing, pressing against his side as he brought her to a new display.

“Look at that one, look at its fins as it glides in the water. Everything looks softer, more delicate under water.”

“And they called you a bad poet,” Buffy shook her head, upset with people who were long gone. “Just hearing you talk makes it impossible for me to see you as a bloody awful poet. The way you see things, it’s special.”

“I know you mean well and your compliments mean the world to me however…you shouldn’t come to any conclusions until you read my work, Buffy. I always had good intentions behind my poetry, but for some reason what ended up on paper wasn’t anything like what I was trying to say, what I was feeling in my heart.” William sighed and Buffy thought she saw tears gathering in his eyes.

“William,” Buffy said his name, her voice warm with emotion. She kissed his shoulder and squeezed his hand. “Tell me about the blue fish, I like that one the most. It’s such a pretty color. Kinda like the color of your eyes.”

“I…I can do that.” William cleared his throat and he continued to read.
***

“Those are disgusting.”

“Not a fan of reptiles, love?”

“Nope,” Buffy said, wrinkling her nose. She pulled William aside in the darkroom, whispering, “Last year, my school’s swim team was turned into these reptile-like things. It was totally disgusting. I tried to save the team, but the coach was behind it all and he even threw me into a tank with the frog guys.”

“What happened?”

“Nothing good. Nothing that makes me want to look at lizards or snakes—speaking of snakes, I could tell you other stories about snakes, all equally bad.”

“Right. No reptiles.” William chuckled as Buffy drug him back outside. “Now where?”

“Well,” Buffy squinted looking at the zoo map. “We’ve seen lions and tigers and bears and you’ve screamed, ‘Oh my’ a few times…” Buffy paused to giggle, but she stopped when William gave her an amused, but blank look. “Moving on… ew, hyenas. We need to skip those too.”

“Why?” William stared off into the distance, trying to remember if he was familiar with the animal. “More bad memories?”

“The joy of being a Slayer. Ok, I told you about Xander, well, he kinda became possessed by an evil hyena…” Buffy continued as they walked through the zoo.
***

“I bought this for you.” Buffy handed William a stuffed animal. “I don’t know about other people, but whenever I’d go to the zoo with my mom, she’d buy me a stuffed animal and since there weren’t any stuffed fish, I went for the next best thing.”

“What is it?”

“What do you mean, what is it?” Buffy took the toy from him and she stared at it. “Can’t you recognize a ground hog when you see one?”

“A ground hog? This is the next best thing?” he asked, not hiding his smile very well.

“Yeah, it was a nice, small and quiet animal. Every animal that was bigger than you made you squeamish. And anything that made any kind of noise made you hide behind me--.”

“I did not hide!”

“You did and don’t deny it.”

“I—I didn’t--.” William stopped. “Maybe I did…but you had me panicking! All those stories about demonic, soul-possessing animals… You made me nervous!” He took the stuffed animal back and he petted it. “I like this, thank you, Buffy.”

Buffy felt her insides melt, watching as he pouted. “I really didn’t want to make you nervous. I just wanted to share some of my stories…my life is so messed up.” She pressed against him, squishing the ground hog between them.

“It’s alright. I don’t mind…in hindsight and away from all those ferocious beasts, I’m very pleased to learn more about you.” William wrapped an arm around Buffy, pulling her closer. “Besides, I was fully aware if something were to go wrong, you’d protect me.”

“That’s right.”

“Are we going back now?” he asked, pressing his lips to her cheek.

She nodded, humming, a little smile on her face. “Yeah and I think we’re gonna call it an early night.”

“Oh?”

“Do you know how good we’ve been today? We got through the whole zoo without any kisses or naughty touching. We deserve a prize.”

“But you did kiss my shoulder…”

“That was merely a peck, William. I’m going through withdrawals here. How about you?”

“I want to kiss you right now. I’ve wanted to kiss you all day.”

“Mmmm,” Buffy hummed again. She stood on her tiptoes to teasingly brush her lips against his. “We have to be strong…we need to wait.”

“How long?”

“Until we go home. Can you manage that?”

“Maybe. Do you know a shortcut or a way to get back faster?”
***

Buffy pulled William past Elizabeth and into the bedroom. Once the door was closed, she was on him and hungrily searching for his mouth.

“Ow,” William grunted.

“Sorry.” Buffy cupped the back of his head with her hands so he wouldn’t get knocked into the door again.

“No harm done.”

“I love you.”

“Thank you,” William said, his voice muffled by Buffy’s relentless lips. “I love you too, Buffy.”

Buffy gasped as she was suddenly lifted in the air. “God, I love when you do that.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah.” Buffy kissed the top of his head repeatedly, smacking her lips. “But let’s go on the bed so you don’t get knocked out.”

“Buffy, would you mind doing what you did before?” William asked minutes later.

“What do you mean?”

William ran his hand up and down Buffy’s back. “Can you…take this off? Like before?”

With a smile, Buffy nudged him onto his back and she straddled his hips with her knees. “I’m glad you asked.” Her hands moved fast behind her and under her shirt, unhooking the clasp of her bra. She pulled off her bra and top in one graceful movement over the head that made William gasp in response. “God,” Buffy’s heart skipped a beat after seeing how he looked at her. “You’re so…perfect.”

“Isn’t…” William stopped to groan as Buffy worked on the hem of his shirt. She had it moving up at a steady pace and placed kisses on every inch of exposed skin. “Shouldn’t I be saying that to you?”

“If you want to. Raise up your arms for me and lift your head, baby.”

William did as he was told, a silly grin on his face. Buffy had realized quickly that he made the same face every time she called him a nickname or when he felt exceptionally loved. Buffy made a point to go to any lengths to see the expression over and over again. With his shirt off, Buffy pressed against his chest, running her fingers through his hair.

William rolled them, possessively shielding her nakedness and tangling their clothed legs. “I’m so honored to be here.” Kissing her neck, his hand stroked her breast. “I’m so glad I met you. Everything about you is extraordinary.”

“William,” Buffy managed to say his name, her voice dripping in emotion and lust while applying her own round of kisses to anywhere her greedy lips could reach. Arching her back, Buffy begged for him to touch her more. “Now it’s my turn to ask,” her fingers hooked on his belt loops and she tugged gently, “Can I?”

She looked at him with pleading eyes, her heart racing in anticipation. “I just want you to feel good…maybe I can help you relieve some,” she ran her finger down the bulge in his jeans, “Pressure?”

William swallowed, eyes glued on her hands as she stroked him through his jeans. “You want to…” he croaked, his voice threatening to give out.

“Very much, William.” She worked on the button of his jeans, but her shaking fingers were not cooperating. “Damn, this is worse than Christmas. Let’s get your shoes off first.”

Buffy crawled to the end of the bed, putting his feet in her lap. She took a deep breath, trying to settle down as she took her time untying the laces on his Doc Marten boots.

“Buffy?” William said her name and she held up her hand to quiet him.

“Shhh. I’m nervous.” She reached under his pant leg, sliding off his sock. “You have very attractive feet.” Moving her attention to his other boot, Buffy giggled when his toes wiggled against her chest. “Stop that, William. I’ll develop a foot fetish or something.” She laughed again as he brushed against her nipple with his big toe. “You’re such a pain…” she joked, kissing the tops of his feet. “Thank you.”

“I love you, Buffy,” he said, returning her whisper. His smile grew as she made her way up the bed again.

Buffy touched his face affectionately, “I’m going to try again, ‘k? Feel free to brush my hands away at any time.” She unbuttoned the clasp on his pants. Closing her eyes, she slowly unzipped his jeans.
***

“Are you going to open your eyes?”

“Yup. In a minute.”

“Alright.”

“Oh, don’t sound hurt. Feel my heart,” Buffy pleaded. “Please, don’t feel bad. I can’t wait, but I think if I had a heart attack, it could ruin the mood.”

“Buffy, maybe we should…”

“No, no.” Buffy scooted up, reaching for him blindly. She buried her head in his neck. “I—I just want things to be special. Everything. For you. It wasn’t for me.” Taking a deep breath, she leaned against him, allowing his erection to curl against her stomach. “I loved the guy…my first, but when it got to the sex stuff, things went to hell.”

“Literally?” He whimpered once her hand circled around his cock.

“Of course, that’s how my life is: every thing, every one, goes to hell. Literally.”

“I don’t imagine that I’ll be going there…” William said softly.

“No, you won’t because you’re good, William. So good and sweet.” She lazily began running her fingers up and down the length of him, exploring and enjoying the feel of him.

“Buffy,” he panted, looking at her with awe shining in his eyes.

“Feel good?” Buffy laughed as he nodded frantically. She kissed him passionately on the lips, her hands constantly moving. Knowing he was about to burst, Buffy glanced down, finally taking a good look at him. “God, William, you’re so pretty.” Buffy rested the top of her head against his chest, watching until he came. He gasped, whimpered, and then sighed.
***

“That was amazing.” William kissed her once. “Incredible.” He kissed her again. “Unbelievable.” The third kiss was longer and slower.

“Now William, tell me how you really feel.” Buffy laughed, reaching for a tissue from the night table. She wiped her stomach clean and playfully blotted his semi-hard cock. “I’m so glad you liked it.”

“What—what about you?”

“What about me?” Buffy asked innocently, snuggling against him and using his upper arm as a pillow.

“Well, ah…” William blushed. “You know what I mean.”

“I’m going to sit this round out.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yup, but believe me, it’s a hard decision to make. I’m practically sitting in a puddle right now. It’s for the best.”

“Why? Do…do you not think I can please you?”

“William, honey?”

“Yes, Buffy?”

She sighed, running her fingers through his hair. “I don’t know where to begin...”

“It’s alright, I understand perfectly.” William started to pull his pants up from around his ankles.

“No, no, no.” Buffy panicked. “Don’t do that. You don’t understand. Don’t—don’t—no pants William!” She scrambled to bat his hands away. “You can put your hands here,” she put them on her breasts and held them there.

“Buffy,” he fought back a grin. “You’re crazy, love.”

“I am. I’ve got you naked and you’re staying that way, mister. Buffy has spoken. Now, be a good boy and kick your pants on the floor.” She demanded, sitting on his lap.

“I—this is ridiculous.” William tried to move his hands, but Buffy wouldn’t let him.

“Stop giggling at me and let me explain, William.”

“Ok, I’ll behave.” William used his feet to push his pants away. “Instead of being like this, can I hold you?”

Buffy’s heart swelled at his question. “You’re really not making my underwear anymore comfortable.” She let his hands go and dove into his arms. “We should pull down the sheets. You have goose bumps.”

“After you explain.”

She sighed and looked up at him. “I have no doubt that you’re going to be a pro at…pleasuring me. See? You’re making me blush now. I just want to hold off until we can get to a store and buy some condoms. And please, please, please, William, just nod and don’t ask what a condom is, you’ll find out soon enough. Because if I have to explain, it’ll be bad, very embarrassing and it may involve mentioning of storks and lewd hand motions…we don’t need that.” Buffy leaned her forehead against his chin, “I want you so bad and I’d love to see just how talented you are, but I’m so afraid that if my pants come off—there’ll be no going back. I won’t be able to…I won’t want to. So, do you understand now?”

“I believe so.”

“Are you disappointed?”

“Are you disappointed? I don’t want you to feel like you received nothing in return, Buffy.”

“Oh, I received.” Buffy pulled back, smiling mischievously. “I received a lot. I enjoyed everything. Seeing your face and knowing I was making you feel like that… See, William?” She pointed at her smile, “This is my proud face. Knowing that I have that affect on you—wow.”

“Wow?”

“Wow. There’s no other word.”

“I misunderstood?”

“Completely.”

“I’m glad to hear it. But Buffy…there’s no way we could go to the store now? We haven’t eaten yet and I could hear your stomach growling… Maybe get can get whatever you need on the way back from finding something to eat?”

“William, you’re so…” She cooed, trying to think of the perfect word as she kissed him. “Have I mentioned how much I love you? That’s a very, very, very good idea.”
***