I hope everyone likes this, please let me know what ya'll think=)


Chapter 1

Buffy Summers was writing in her journal on her break. She just recently graduated from high school and has been spending her time working at the local diner that her father owned. She couldn't afford to go to any of the colleges that she wanted and this was the only way to make some money. She was born and raised in Sunnydale, California and she always had plans of leaving one day. "Buffy, you need to get table 6. Your break was over 10 minutes ago." Buffy put her journal away and smiled at the man that was talking to her.

"Sorry about that, I guess I lost track of time." He returned her smile.

"Yeah, it's like you're in your own little world when you write in that thing. I decided to give you a little more time today because I'm so generous." Buffy walked over to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Love you, Angel." He smiled at her.

"Love you, too. Now get back to work." He said trying to get in boss mode. Buffy saluted him and he rolled his eyes as she headed over to table 6. A dark haired girl about the same age as Buffy walked over to Angel.

"How's she doing today?" She asked him and he turned to look at her.

"She's doing fine. You need to get back to work also." She rolled her eyes.

"Yes, your royal highness." He rolled his eyes also.

"Cut the crap, Faith." He told her.

"Jeez, what crawled up your butt? You know I can't help but tease you, it's in my nature. You really need to lighten up, Angel." She explained.

"You really need to stop being a royal pain in my ass." He said and Faith put her hand to her heart, but she had a smile on her face.

"I'm so hurt now. I'm telling mom that you were mean to me." She said with a pout and Angel couldn't help but smile that time.

"Go ahead, I'll just deny it." He said as he walked away. Faith gave the finger to his back when Buffy came over to her.

"I see you two are still fighting." Faith turned to look at the blonde girl. Buffy and Faith have been best friends for years, they practically grew up together.

"What would be the point of having an older brother if you can't torment him?" Buffy just shrugged.

"I guess I wouldn't know. Me being an only child and all." She explained.

"Yeah, you're so lucky for that." Buffy wasn't too sure when someone else walked into the diner and Faith's face lit up when she saw the familiar bleach blonde man walk in and sit down at his usual table. Faith grabbed Buffy's arm and turned her toward him. "Look who's here, B. You actually gonna talk to him this time?" Buffy looked at the man that she was referring to and he turned at that exact moment and caught her staring at him. He gave her a smile and she blushed and looked away.

"I don't think so, Faith. Why don't you go talk to him?" Faith rolled her eyes.

"I always do, it's your turn. Infact, I'm giving you his table for today. You better get something useful out of it. I mean seriously, he's been coming in here every other day for the past month and you two always give each other these looks. It's enough to make me wanna gag; I can see the obvious attraction there so you better go talk to him this time." Buffy looked at the man and then back at Faith. She took a deep breath as she grabbed her pad and pen and walked over to him. She was looking at her pad when she approached him.

"What can I get you?" She asked and he looked up at her and smiled.

"How about your phone number?" Buffy looked up at him when he said that and saw the look in his eyes. She smiled also.

"Sorry, it's not on the menu." He nodded.

"I'll just have a coffee then." He replied and she nodded also and made a note of it before looking back at him.

"Coming right up." She said before she walked away and back to Faith.

"So, what did he say?" Faith asked her.

"He actually asked me for my number. This one is really smooth." Faith sighed.

"I'm guessing you didn't give it to him." Buffy shook her head.

"Of course not, I don't just go around giving strangers my number. He could be a creep for all I know." Faith rolled her eyes.

"Or he could be perfect for you, B. You need to learn to live a little." Buffy shook her head again.

"You know I'm not looking for anything right now." Faith sighed for the millionth time.

"You and Riley have been broken up for months, Buffy. It's about time you moved on and it's not bad to move on to a guy as hot as him, but if you're not looking for anything serious then don't. You could just use him for sex, either way it should be good." Faith told her with a smile.

"I'm not you, I'm not gonna get involved with a guy just for sex. Did we forget that I'm a virgin?" She explained.

"Oh, right. What's up with that anyway?" Faith asked and Buffy rolled her eyes.

"Could you get him his coffee? I need to get some air." Buffy said as she walked out the back door of the diner. Faith watched her go and then looked back at the guy with a smile on her face. If Buffy didn't want him then maybe she would take a crack at it.