Chapter 13

“When will you be back?”

“Don’t know; the bus won’t leave until five.”

“Oh.” Buffy watched as William filled his pockets and got ready to leave. He came out of the bathroom fully dressed and she was still wrapped in only a sheet. “I thought you were going to leave earlier so we could celebrate your birthday?”

“We’ll see.”

“William, don’t be this way.”

“I can’t talk now. I’ll be late.”

“Okay.” She pulled on his discarded shirt from the day before and walked to him. “Just so you know, even if you’re upset, I had a great time. I thought you were great.”

“I need to go...”

Stepping on tiptoes, Buffy held his chin in her hands and gently kissed his lips. “I can’t wait for the next time.” She wrapped her arms around his neck, causing her shirt to hike up. "Don’t be disappointed,” she pleaded.

“Buffy...”

“I know you need to go.” Sighing, she brushed her lips against the smooth skin under his ear. “I wish you didn’t have to leave me and I’m still cranky that you were stupid enough to lock the bathroom door. I was going to join you.”

“In the shower?” he croaked. “Seriously?”

“And we didn’t have breakfast either.”

“I messed everything up, didn’t I?”

“No, no,” she frowned. “I was only making it clear that I would give you a fun-filled day if I had the chance.”

“I’ll give you a call around two thirty.”

“I’ll be sure to be in the room.”

“Buffy...I’m still sorry.” He held her close and snuck his hands under her shirt. “It wasn’t how I planned. The timing seemed so...off.”

“But you don’t regret it, right? Would you take it back?”

“No,” he said, looking her in the eyes. “Not at all, Buffy.”

“I was so worried for a minute,” she admitted. “I didn’t want mom to be right. If we were to break up after our first time...”

“That’s crazy.” He ran his fingers in her hair and whispered, “I’m embarrassed. I didn’t think I’d lose control--hell, I didn’t have any bloody control--.”

“Oh, William, it's okay...”

“I hate it, but I truly need to run, Buffy.”

“Alright, have fun and win me some more prizes.”

“Will do, after all you are my muse.” He smiled weakly and kissed her cheek. “I’m heading back as soon as I can get away.”

***

Buffy woke up from a light sleep with a smile on her face. “Hey. Did I snore?”

“You don’t snore.”

“Dawn seems to think differently.”

“You passed out, pet.”

“I didn’t think I’d do that,” she admitted sheepishly. “Maybe I got up too early for my own good. Did you sleep too?”

“No. I watched you.”

“Really?” She yawned and scratched the side of her head. “You must’ve been bored.”

“Not at all, you’re so beautiful. Could watch you for hours and never get tired.”

Buffy felt a familiar tug in her chest. “Look who’s talking. You’re gorgeous.”

“That’s a nice thing to say. I remember when I was just kinda cute.” With hazy eyes, William grinned before nuzzling her stomach with his face. “Always thought you were breathtaking...so lovely. I had a crush on you before I fully knew what the word meant.”

Her eyes stung, touched by his words and soft caresses. “Oh, William...”

“Loved you too and had no idea what it was. I just knew there was something about you--the cute little blonde who wore too much pink...hell, it probably helped that you were the only person that’d talk to me. God, Buffy, just think about it. You’re all my firsts. First friend, first kiss, first love...I could go on and on.” A noise escaped from the back of her throat as he pushed up her shirt and drew circles on her bare skin. “Always thought you’d be my one and only...to know I’m that for you...” He took a deep breath before lightly kissing above her belly button.

“It really boosts the ego, huh?”

“Of course,” he snorted, running his fingers along the band of his pants. “I’m a small step away from becoming conceited.”

“You’re already smug.” Smirking, she ran her fingers through his hair. Deciding he was too far away, she sat up and curled her torso around his head.

“Buffy?”

“Couldn’t reach you,” she explained, pulling off his shirt and dropping it on the floor.

“I thought—you said it was too soon, didn’t you?”

“I changed my mind. It’s stupid to wait any longer—William, honestly I don’t think I can. I want you and, ah, so very badly.”

“We should be upstairs and in my bed,” he whispered.

“I’m comfortable.” She lay back down and smiled once they were face to face. “How about you?”

“Just a little discomfort down south.” William looked her in the eye, asking for silent permission. When she continued to grin, he worked on freeing her from her top. His hands grazed over her bra before he unlatched the tiny hooks in the back. Letting out a quiet moan, he feasted his eyes on her bare chest. “Perfection,” he whispered, taking a minute to decide what he should do first.

“William,” Buffy whined, not liking the gap between them, “William...” With a grunt, she crushed their mouths together. Noises erupted from her throat as his fingers explored her breasts but their mingling lips muffled each sound. “Oh, my God.” Buffy closed her eyes as he made a wet trail down her body.

“I’m not going to rush this. I may keel over in the process, but it’d be a bloody shame to hurry.” As he spoke, William worked on the clasp of her pants. With the zipper down, Buffy raised her hips, letting him slide them off. “Got to make it worth your wait.”

Buffy nodded, beside herself and dizzy with anticipation. Her body was on fire and she longed to have his weight back on top of her. Reaching blindly, she opened the fly of his jeans. “How’s that discomfort now?” Biting her lip, she searched his face before peeling his pants to his knees.
***

Buffy was late and at two thirty in the afternoon, she was running to the hotel room as fast as she could go, weighted down with shopping bags. Once she burst through the door she jumped, seeing William watching television. "William! What are you doing here?”

“You need help, love?” He took her bags and put them at the foot of the bed. “Your mom will have no doubt that you’ve been shopping all weekend, Buffy. Think you got enough?” he asked with a smirk.

“You came back!” Buffy grabbed and hugged him tightly.

“I said I would, didn’t I?”

“I thought you were going to mope and avoid me.” She pressed her cheek against his back and sighed heavily. “I’m so glad you’re here, William.”

“I was coming back, I swear,” he said, confused by her relief. He turned in her arms and Buffy buried her head in his chest. “Buffy?”

“I know what you said, but the way you acted this morning, I wasn’t so sure.”

“Oh, pet, I--.”

“Don’t say you’re sorry anymore, it’s annoying me.” She gave him another squeeze before motioning him to sit. “Let me show you what I bought. How did the writing go?” she asked, while going through the sacks.

“Good, I finished early and claimed to be sick again. I won’t be surprised if my teacher rushes me to the hospital later. She thinks I’m dying.”

“So what’s wrong with you? What big lie did you tell her?”

“Um, a few things, all flu-like symptoms.” William lounged on the bed until a flash of pink caught his eye. “What...oh, those are nice.”

“You think?” Her eyes sparkled as he went through her new underwear. “I hate to break it to you, but they aren’t for you. I don’t think they’d fit you, William.”

“Okay,” he smirked. “What is for me then?”

“I couldn’t wrap anything, so, just close your eyes.”

“Buffy, this is too much. My arms are going to fall off.”

“You’re just weak, William.” Laughing, she put the last present in his lap. “Happy Birthday!”

“Buffy,” he gasped, seeing the pile of gifts ranging from his favorite movie on videotape to new shirts. “Thank you, pet.”

“I’ve been saving up money for awhile. I had to get everything that I knew you wanted.”

“That does explain the fancy unmentionables. You know, right below the books and above the movies, I’m certain a Buffy fashion show was on my wish list.” Carefully placing his things aside, he peeked at the goodies that Buffy bought herself. He took a deep breath, seeing more lacy undergarments.

“You act like you’ve never seen my underwear before,” Buffy said, taking the bag away. “You’ve even seen me naked; what makes them exciting anymore?”

“Is that a real question?” he asked, looking as if she were crazy. “It’s all thrilling to me. It’s how you wear them; how they make you look and how they’re taken off.” He patted the spot on the bed next to him, motioning her to join him. “I love the presents, Buffy,” William said, once they were sprawled out on the bed.

“You’re welcome.”

“You’ve given me so much already,” he mumbled, tipping her chin up and giving her a kiss. “That’s why I took this morning so badly. I wanted to, ah, give back but--.”

“You shouldn’t have locked yourself in the bathroom. You could’ve done that thing with your finger--I liked that very much--but it doesn’t matter now, let’s move on. We can have dinner and come back to try on clothes. Then, we can try again until we get it right. I’m willing to try over and over until it’s perfect.”

“Over and over?”

“We’ll have all night and tomorrow morning until we check out,” she said innocently. “I’ll be ready if you are...if you think you can last...” His eyes narrowed and before he could say anything, she laughed and hit his arm. “Yesh, William, sensitive much?”

“Why you little--I’ll give you something to giggle about.” With a playful growl, he tickled her sides and brushed kisses on her face.
***


“Don’t,” he croaked as she lightly touched his erection. He crawled to her on all fours and kissed her deeply. Amongst their kissing, they worked together to bat away the leftover clothing.

Buffy squirmed once cold air reached the wetness between her thighs. Not wanting to wait anymore, she pulled him down with all her might, forcing him to squash her underneath his body.

“Buffy...”

“No.” She hugged him with her legs and guided him to her entrance. They caught each other’s eyes and gasped together once their bodies interlocked.

“William,” Buffy hissed as her eyes fluttered. “Oh, William.” Her fingers dug into his back as they panted, not moving and still in shock from the initial pleasure of being intimately connected once again. Her heart burned, her toes curled and she felt like crying. “I...”

“Yes, yes,” he nodded. William shared her expression as he smoothed her hair and kissed her lower lip. With their bodies so close, he barely rocked, slowly moving up and down. “Please don’t cry.”

“Overwhelmed. Sorry.”

“It’s alright,” he said, giving her another kiss and shifting so he could snake a hand between them. His touches coupled with their gentle thrusts made Buffy whimper and tremble. “Come on, come on,” he chanted. “I know you’re close. Let go for me.”

Unable to speak, Buffy gasped as William’s whispers coaxed her to climax. She clung to him and held his head to her chest as he found his own release. “William,” she panted, “that-that...”

“Good?”

“Just a little,” Buffy said with a laugh.

“You lie.” William nuzzled her nipples with his cheek and grinned up at her. “I’d say it was bloody amazing.”

“You would,” she snorted.

“Guess I have to try harder next time.”

“Yup.”

“As you wish.”

“What is that supposed to mean—oh.” Her eyes widened, feeling that he was hard again.

“Like that?”

She hummed and nodded as he slipped in and out of her depths, “Yes, very much.”
***

“How’s yours?” Buffy leaned into William and peeked at his desert.

“You want a taste?”

“Yes, please.” She opened her mouth, letting him spoon-feed her. “Yum. Now your turn.”

“That’s really good.”

They sat side by side in the same booth at a fancy restaurant. They came for dinner but after seeing the prices, they could only afford two pieces of cake.

“We should have desert first from now on,” Buffy announced cheerfully.

“Where are we heading after this?”

“Don’t know, since I spent too much on your presents.”

“We could go to McDonalds and I wouldn’t mind, Buffy.”

“Least you got some first-class birthday cake, right?”

He nodded, wiping his face with a napkin. “Can I have more of yours?”

“Sure,” she said, ready to feed him again.

“I may not even be hungry after this.”

“Especially if you eat mine too.” Buffy laughed, accidentally getting chocolate on his face. “Oops. Let me get that.” Holding his face, she gave his cheek a little lick. “Want more?” she asked innocently as William stared at her.

“Definitely not going to be hungry after this.”

“You saying we should go directly back to the hotel?” She took a bite of cake and licked the spoon suggestively.

“Yes,” he said, clearing his throat when Buffy casually rested her hand on his thigh.

“I totally agree with you, William.”
***