Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: I’m so sorry for the gap between updates. I had quite a lot of real life things going on that put a damper on my writing speed.

Also, I’m happy to report that This Girl, That Boy won Runner Up in the best WIP category in the last round of the Love’s Last Glimpse Awards. :D
Chapter 19

Buffy watched William out of the corner of her eye as they rested under the covers with their shoulders touching in her small twin-sized bed. Chewing on her lower lip, she fought the urge to smile, knowing that William’s toothy grin was big enough to represent both of their satisfaction and then some. She couldn’t take her eyes off of him, thinking that he was sexier than ever as he sighed blissfully, folded his arms behind his head, and seemed at ease with the fact that her brightly colored sheets were riding dangerously low on his hips.

“That was bloody fantastic,” he said, looking thoroughly relaxed and content.

Buffy agreed silently by scooting closer and resting her head on his chest. She hugged him tight and allowed a small smile to float to the surface of her face.

“I told you that it’d get better and better,” she whispered. “You just proved my point and a lot. See what wonders taking our time can accomplish? When you did that thing with your—God, that was nice.”

She started a new trail of kisses below one of his flat nipples and journeyed up his body. When she reached his already swollen lips, they moaned in unison and explored each other’s mouths, instantly rekindling the lust and enthusiasm that they had been fueled by all morning. Like during their earlier lovemaking, Buffy surrendered wholeheartedly to William and pushed away her guilty feelings about faking an illness and lying to her mother. The chances of them getting caught were not weighing heavily on her mind and she just wanted to take full advantage of her empty house, naked boyfriend and their lack of parental supervision.

“So, William,” Buffy gasped, ripping her mouth from his, “care to give me an instant replay of your, ah, fantastic skills?”

***

William opened his eyes and struggled to read the red blurry numbers of the digital clock that sat on Buffy’s nightstand. Realizing that he was up thirty minutes before the alarm was scheduled to sound, William reached out and turned it off, knowing that Buffy wouldn’t have difficulties waking on that particular Monday morning. She was peacefully dozing on her stomach and William grinned as he brushed away her messy hair in order to see her face. After whispering her name, he leaned forward to lightly kiss Buffy’s forehead.

“Wake up, cutie,” he said, wrapping his arms around her as well as he could.

“Go away. I’m sleeping,” Buffy whined. She twisted in his embrace and made stubborn grunts in protest as he continued to kiss her face. When he refused to let go of her, she buried her head in his chest and used it as a pillow.

“Well, good morning to you too. Maybe I should just head across the street right now. A fella can tell when he’s not wanted.”

“No, don’t go. I want.” With a soft moan, Buffy snuggled into his body. “Just give me five more minutes and I promise that I’ll get up.”

“Okay, pet, the next few minutes are all yours.”

“Mmmm…good. Thank you, you’re such a honey.”

With no intention of keeping motionless while she slept, one of William’s hands slipped under Buffy’s nightgown and slid up her smooth thigh.

“William, you’re making it very difficult for me to sleep…”

“Guess you’d better give up on it then. Wake up and let’s put our extra minutes to good use, pet,” he said in a low seductive voice.

“Don’t tempt me.” Buffy put her hand of his, stopping it from pulling off her underwear. “I need to check on Dawn.”

“But--.”

“No buts allowed. Sisterly duty calls.” Buffy reached for William by threading her fingers in the back of his hair. She kissed him twice before rolling out of the bed.

“But, I thought--.”

“William, it’s school day.” Smirking, Buffy put a robe over her pajamas and headed to the door.
***

“How’s every other third Tuesday work for you?”

“What do you mean?” William asked, plopping next to Buffy on the living room couch with his arms full of snack food. She was wearing just his t-shirt and he was back in his jeans.

“I want to schedule in some more sick days. Personally, I think the more the merrier, but mom is going to get suspicious if I start claiming to have every bug and virus known to man.”

“We could switch off,” he suggested while ripping open a new bag of chips with his teeth. “I think I’d be good at the acting bit. I was in this play once--.”

“It was a non-speaking role.”

“Yes, but I did it very well,” he insisted.

“You were a tree, William. You just had to stand there and be tree-like.”

“I was a damn good tree…I had to be completely motionless and completely silent and, ah…”

“Completely leafy?”

“No! Well-never mind that. My point is: I want to do this more often too. No matter what it’ll take, I’m up for it.”

She flashed him a closed-lip smile before heading into his lap. “We just can’t over do it,” she said, leaning forward to retrieve her breakfast of choice. “There won’t be a lot of days where mom isn’t on campus. Today has been a dream, but I kinda doubt it’ll fly too many more times…but on the bright side, we’ll have your getaway car once your grounding is over--.”

“Hey now, wait a minute, you brought up penciling in more ditch days and now you’re saying we can’t?”

“I’m just thinking rationally. Open this for me?”

“Rationally? And here I thought you were just blessed with a bloody criminal mind,” William grumbled, keeping his arms snug around her while he peeled off the top of the ice cream carton that she’d put in his hands. “Be careful with this stuff, Joyce will get suspicious if all the chocolate fudge is missing and there’s nothing left but vanilla. We all know how you dig holes for the good stuff, love.”

“Pft,” she said, wiggling in his lap to find the most comfortable spot. “Be good or I won’t share.”

“Like you would; you’re stingy.”

“I am so not!” she squealed, elbowing him playfully in the stomach. “Sharing is caring and I happen to care about you a lot.”

“Elbow me again. It’s a fine symbol of your undying love and affection…”

“You’re such a big whiner,” she said, humming happily as she ate spoonfuls of ice cream. “I’m so nice to you and you know it.” Buffy paused, listening to the sound of him eating chips in her ear. “Besides, my degree of niceness will reach all new highs if we go oral. And it’s not that I’m against trying new things, but we just passed the written with flying colors and…”

Buffy trailed off, staring ahead, noticing that William had coughed once and then became silent.

“Do you think we’ll ever get over all this nervous stuff?” she asked after a few seconds crawled by. “We get wigged out so easily and we shouldn’t, you know? We’ve known each other forever…”

“It’s not like we don’t feel comfortable around each other,” William added.

“Yeah, we’re like this,” she agreed, showing him her crossed pointer and middle fingers, which represented the closeness that Buffy knew that they shared.

“You’re exactly right, pet.”

“How are you though? You look a little pale and your eyes were bugging pretty bad for awhile there.”

“I’m fine, Buffy.”

She placed a flat hand on each side of his face and searched his expression. “You didn’t forget about our agreement, right?”

“No.”

“I didn’t think you would, but I had to check,” Buffy teased lightly while petting his cheeks in a circular motion. “So, what do you think we’ll do about that pesky agreement?”

“Don’t know. We’ll find out when the time is right, I guess.”

“We do have quite a few hours before the family will be back…it’s not even noon.”

“And I’m sure we’ll make the most of those hours.”

Buffy smiled and gave William a kiss. “Oh, I guarantee that.”

***

“I’ll be there. It won’t be a problem. My sister probably won’t even know that I’m not here because of her new—well, kinda old-boyfriend.”

Buffy’s eyes instantly narrowed as she stepped closer to her sister’s partially closed bedroom door. “You’re already on the phone?”

“Don’t you ever knock?”

“This is my house, I don't have to knock. Who are you talking to? Where are you going?”

“It’s none of your business! Janice,” Dawn said, accenting her best friend’s name, “I’ll see you at school and then afterwards to study.” She slammed down the telephone and glared at Buffy. “Are you happy now?”

“Not really. I need more info, missy, and make it quick, I have my said boyfriend to tend to. I still need the what, when and where.”

“Studying for history test, after school ‘til after dinner, and at Janice’s house. I’ll call when I get there and wave when you drive by to make sure that I’m really at her house.”

“I’m happy to see that you’re picking up on the drill.”

“Well, I have no choice really. Is William really here?”

Buffy nodded. “He spent the night. We talked about it after the carnival.”

“Really?” Dawn asked, all the anger out of her voice. “I must’ve been in a stomachache-induced coma.”

“How’s that, your stomachache? Do you feel better?”

“I think so.”

“That’s what I wanted to hear.”

“Hey, that’s all you wanted to know?”

“Yup. Get to school on time,” Buffy said, heading down the hallway. “I have a feeling that I might be late.”
***

A noise escaped from Buffy’s throat that was a cross between a whimper and a sigh. “He is so wonderful and so good to her,” she decided out loud, dabbing her teary eyes with a tissue. “I’m going to marry that guy…”

William’s nose wrinkled and he shot her a dirty look. “Oh, will you? Make a note not to invite me to the wedding, alright?”

“Okay,” she said, ignoring him and keeping her eyes glued on the television set. Afraid to miss a second of her favorite movie, Buffy blindly reached for the bowl of microwave popcorn that was resting in William’s lap. Her hand missed the food and managed to tip over the bowl, leaving William cursing and covered in salty kerns.

“Stop the movie. Stop the bloody movie!”

“But…” Buffy stumbled, upset that he’d grabbed the remote and started to frantically push buttons. “It was getting to the good part—the sad part—but still…it was…good.”

“Turn it back on,” she whined.

“Are you blind? You dumped half a bowl of buttery shit on my pants!” Muttering more colorful words, he cleaned the pieces of popcorn from his lap by tossing them back into the bowl. “How we will explain this to Joyce?”

“Accidents happen, bowls tip over?”

“When you’re drooling over pretty boys on the TV.”

“What’s your deal?”

“I don’t have a deal, but if my deal is bothering you, maybe I’ll just head to class for a few periods and leave you to the heartthrobs.”

Buffy blinked, his words sinking in. “You’re jealous…of actors, of people that I’ll never meet?”

“No, just of your future husband.” Refusing to look at her, he walked into the kitchen on a mission to clean his pants.

“Husband?” Buffy whispered under her breath before running after him. “William, we need to talk! You’re going crazy and you really don’t need to.”

“Talk, I’m listening, but I think I’m entitled to be crazy. After a day like the one that we’ve had, the last thing that I want to hear is your plan to marry some movie star.”

“William, but I’m a girl...”

“So what?”

“How old were we when we first started to play house?”

“I don’t know, kindergarten…maybe first grade.”

“Okay, then,” she grabbed his wrist and reestablished their eye contact, “it’s been since kindergarten or first grade that I’ve decided that we’re going to get married.”

“That was before puberty, the drooling and heartthrobs though--.”

“Shut up,” Buffy said, even though she could tell that he was teasing. “Who cares about all those attractive, rich guys? I don’t, even though they’re nice to look at...they’re nothing like you.”

“Is that supposed to be a good thing, pet?”

Buffy rolled her eyes and pushed him against the sink. “I love you.” William was barely able to say the same before her mouth came crashing down on his.

“I’d love to marry you someday and I think we’d be really happy together, but I also think that marriage isn’t something we should talk about until we both are at least licensed drivers.” Laughing, her hands slipped between them and worked on opening the clasp of his jeans.

“What are you up to, blondie?”

“Just thought it’d be easier to solve your dirty pants dilemma with them off,” she explained, tugging the jeans down and off his hips.

“I like the way you think,” he whispered, lips brushing her skin as he kissed her shoulders and neck. With busy fingers, he hiked up the shirt that Buffy was wearing until it rode at her waist.

Buffy moaned as she was pulled into his chest. She closed her eyes, and tried to stay calm, even though goose bumps appeared on her arms and her heart started to pound. “William,” she began as his heated kisses caused her head to fog and her thinking to be unclear, “I, ah, don’t think water will help the stain. Mom has this-this stuff that we can spray on them.”

“Later, don’t care about that now.”

Recognizing the lust in his voice, she nodded and in one graceful motion, Buffy jumped and latched onto William with both her arms and legs tightly wrapped around him.

***

Buffy returned to the bedroom and found the bed made and William nowhere to be seen. She didn’t search for him long, hearing the sound of running water coming from the master bathroom.

“He made the bed? Love him,” Buffy sang, dropping her robe to the floor and walking into the steam-filled room. After quickly undressing, she tapped on the glass shower door and stepped under the spraying faucet.

“Mind if I join you?”

William swallowed, his eyes taking their time and staring as they traveled upwards from her toes. “How’s, ah, Dawn? Is she still sick?”

“Nope,” Buffy answered, wringing out her hair. “Can I?” She pointed towards the shampoo that was in the corner of the shower. When she reached for it, she purposely bumped into William, causing her breasts to push into his side. “This shower has always been on the tiny side.”

“And if I’m remembering correctly, that’s why we used it whenever possible.”

Buffy smiled, flooded with their shared memories. “I liked the doors. We could recreate those steamy love scenes with the dramatic hand that slaps the glass in a moment of pleasure and then slowly slides down—God, that was a blast.”

William lifted a brow, watching as Buffy shampooed her hair. “But then you always sent me back to clean up the evidence, all those smudgy fingerprints.”

“Remember when mom caught you, Scrubbing Bubbles in hand?” she laughed. “And you had to explain your sudden need to fight water spots when it wasn’t even on your list of chores.” Buffy continued to snicker as she soaped up her sponge. “William, want to wash my back?”

Without hesitation, he took over and washed Buffy’s body with ease and familiarity. “Here I thought I’d only be able to look and not touch…it being a school day and all,” he commented, kneeling to bathe her lower half.

“You’ll just have to keep the time in mind because unlike me, you have kids to teach.”

“Don’t be tardy. I think we can manage that.”
***

William was not prepared for Buffy’s leap. He tried to keep his balance, but found it difficult with his pants around his knees.

“Oh, hell,” he said quietly, taking two steps backwards before losing his footing and crashing to the kitchen floor with Buffy still in his grasp.

***