Chapter 10

On Friday, Buffy spent the entire day watching the clock. At one o’clock she ran to the visitor’s parking lot. She had been prepared all day, dragging her travel bag along with her backpack and purse to every class.
***

William was early. He was dressed in his signature all black, including the jacket that Buffy had picked up for him.

As he smoked his cigarette, he leaned against his car and looked at his watch. ‘Soon.’

“William!”

William looked up as Buffy threw her bags to the ground and pounced on him. Limbs were entwined, words of loneliness and longing were exchanged, and lips attacked exposed skin.

“God, Buffy...”
***

“I can’t move.”

“Good.”

“We kinda missed the couch.”

The couple had barely gotten out of the car before clothes were shed. First William had pushed Buffy against the front door, then they had both collapsed somewhere between the coffee table and hallway.

“I’m sure crazy Jane next door was given a thrill.”

“Crazy Jane?”

“Yup, next door neighbor. She’s actually a very nice person, you should meet her, love.”

“A nice crazy person?”

“Yeah, it can happen.”

“Can we get up now?”

“You want to leave me already, kitten?”

“Nope, it’s just that the floor is hard and I think you gave me a rug burn.”

“Serves you right. Do you have any idea how sharp your claws are? I’m going to be all scarred up when you’re through with me.”

“Not going to be through with you. Not ever.”
***

“What happened to your forehead, love?” William asked as they cuddled on the couch. Buffy was curled up, lying on a pillow that was resting in his lap.

She touched her band-aid, “You noticed?”

“The polka dots, gave you away. Quite stylish though.”

“Thanks. I, um, got in a go-kart accident.”

“Go-kart…you drove! Who let you drive?”

Buffy quickly rolled to face him. “Don’t be mad. I wanted to learn so I could see you sometimes and you know, surprise you.”

“So you put your life and the lives of others in danger for me?”

Buffy couldn’t tell by his tone if he was mad or not after hearing her confession.

’Honesty’s the best policy.’

“Yes.”

Buffy got her answer as William ravished her mouth. “Mmmm, my love…”
***

The next morning, William woke early, way too early for his liking until he considered the source. Buffy’s hands were roaming across his chest and toying with his flat nipples.

“Morning, kitten. Up to play already?”

“I just couldn’t resist you,” Buffy said, sounding unusually quiet and almost embarrassed.

“Something wrong?” William took her hands and kissed along the pads of her fingertips.

She sighed deeply and moved to rest her head on his chest.

Concerned because she had broken their eye contact, William ran a hand up and down her back. “Buffy. Tell me, sweetheart.”

“It’s almost September…her birthday.”

’Joyce.’

“I feel--I don’t know but I’m pretty sure that I’m lying next to the love of my life…”

William felt his heart swell. ‘Always love’s bitch.’

“…and I feel guilty that I feel guilty. Does that make any sense?”

“Of course...”

“No wait. I could easily say that mom just wants us to be happy, but I don’t know. She loved you so much and I know that you loved her. I’m just afraid that I will always think in the back of my mind that I am taking advantage of her death.”

“No. No, Buffy. Stop.”

”William, we wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for mom dying and her will. It scares me to think that this is the result of fate and that mom died so we would get together or that if mom were alive, I would have never been able to be with you…God, it’s driving me crazy. This past week I was torn between guilt and wanting to be with you so bad.”

“I don’t know what to say. Everything happens for a reason, I guess. What was to be now is. We can’t change anything, no matter how much we would like to. I loved your mom, but now I can say, with confidence, that you, Buffy, are mine too.”

“I’m what?”

“The love of my life.”

William felt Buffy’s tears wet his skin as she kissed his chest.

“I love you. I hate feeling bad about it.”

He pulled Buffy up to face her teary eyes. “Then don’t.”
***

William had insisted that Buffy take a walk after breakfast to clear her mind. Buffy felt much better upon her return, but once she arrived home, she couldn’t find him.

“William, are you up here?” she called up the stairs. “I’m home!”

“In here, Buffy!”

Buffy had never been in William’s studio and ever since she learned that William had decorated the room with her mother’s artwork, she felt uneasy about seeing it.

“Better?” he asked, meeting her in the hallway with a paintbrush in hand.

“Much. Were you working?”

“Yeah, it’s kind of like therapy.”

“What about your writing?”

“To be honest, I’ve had a block lately. Besides, I needed a holiday from words.”

“Okay, I can leave you alone if you want paint in peace.”

“Nah, I’m just going to finish up. I’ll be down in a minute, pet.”
***

William found Buffy downstairs watching MTV.

“I thought I had affected your choice in music. Thought you were actually into the good stuff.”

“Silly William. That was me just finding ways to seduce you.”

“Is that right?”

“Yup. Move. You’re in front of the TV.”

“Bossy.”

William stopped in front of her and kneeled, pulling her into his arms.

“You didn’t need to change anything -- even your bloody awful taste in music -- to seduce me.” Buffy sighed as he pushed her to the back of the sofa. He kissed her deeply but cut it short. “It occurred to me, while you were in Sunnydale, that I forgot to do something. Something very important.” Before Buffy could ask him, William was pushing her skirt to her waist. “I’m a bad man for forgetting. Tell me you’ll never forgive me.” William spread her legs wide and inhaled. “You’re always ready for me aren’t you, kitten?”

William pushed two fingers against her damp underwear, making Buffy gasp. He caressed the damp spot while she wiggled. Then he hooked onto her underwear and pulled them off, keeping her skirt on.

“William…”

“Shhh.” He danced his fingertips from her knees to her upper thighs. “So pretty, you are.”

Buffy wasn’t sure if he was addressing her or the wetness between her legs. She shivered, feeling his warm breath against her, and her head flew back as a finger slid along her opening. Her breathing became erratic when he began to move two long fingers in and out.

'So good. So nice.'

“Deeper, please.”

“Why, you’re awfully polite now.”

Buffy moved to meet his fingers. “Ahhh. More. More.”

“Wait. I’m almost getting to the good part.”

“Huh? Almost?”

Buffy felt his fingers leave her and they were replaced with his tongue. 'Oh, this good part.' She released the handfuls of sofa she had been white knuckling, and found his head. 'Mmmm... Love his hair.' Buffy flew as he licked her up, down, in and out. She tensed her legs and tugged on his hair as she came. 'He’s never going to forget that again.'
***

“You dry, I wash.”

Buffy was deep in thought as she helped William dry the dishes.

“William?”

“Hmmm?”

“I have this huge assignment in my photography class. Ten prints in two weeks. It’s insane and I need to have at least five rolls by Monday.”

William nodded, waiting for her to reach her point.

“So my assignment is creating lies. You know, photos are usually seen as fact and a documentation…ah, anyway, I was wondering if I could…take some pictures of you?”

“What kind of pictures, pet?”

Buffy focused on her plate, drying it completely. She knew he was smirking by the tone of his voice. “Well, actually I thought some shots with you and the car would be nice. You could get in your punk clothes and…”

“Kitten, somehow I think you just want to me to ravish you in my leather.”

Buffy gulped and bit her lower lip. “Well, it would have its perks…”

“Okay.”

“Really?”

“Really. Now give me a kiss for being so cooperative.”
***

“Sure you don’t need any help?” Buffy stood in front of the closed bathroom door, loading her camera with film.

“I remember how to put on my own eye make-up, love.”

Buffy hoped her heart would slow down and that her hands would stop shaking. ’Camera shake would be a bad thing.’

All of Buffy’s “Spike” fantasies were flooding her thoughts, in turn causing a flood in her pants.

“Ready.”

Buffy felt her eyes widen at the sight of him. William had searched through boxes for his duster and holey jeans. He couldn’t find the vest so he had to wear a torn black shirt instead.

“Cat swallowed your tongue?”

“Ah huh.” Buffy nodded, stepping away from him. ‘Ohh, really spiky hair. Can’t maul the model! Can’t maul the model--Oh God, he painted his fingernails…’
***

William was having fun. He had forgotten how manly he felt wearing his duster, even when he wore the makeup. Just feeling the jacket blow in the wind as he walked made him feel like a superhero. It also helped that Buffy looked like she was going to burst.

“I want a few more with you in the car.”

William was on his best behavior and it was driving Buffy insane. He did exactly what she asked; he hadn’t even tried to look down her shirt when she bent over, causing her shirt to balloon open.

Buffy struggled not to act as horny as she felt. “Will you sit on the trunk?”
***

At the sound of Buffy’s third roll rewinding, she decided enough with the picture taking but she didn’t tell William that the photo shoot was over.

“Can you take off your shirt, but keep the jacket on, please?”

William looked at her questioningly but continued to follow her directions as she loaded another roll of film.

“This better?”

“Much. Close your eyes; I want a dramatic close-up.” Placing her camera down carefully, Buffy gently held onto his duster by the lapels and pulled him towards her.

“Love, I thought--.”

“No more pictures.” Buffy kissed along his jaw line.

“You know what’s brilliant about this coat, kitten?”

Buffy was then crushed against his body, encased by the jacket. William put his hands on her behind, grinding his erection into her clothed crotch. She was pleased to find that William had found their photo shoot arousing too. Holding him close, she brushed his back with the palms of her hands.

“What about crazy neighbor lady?”

“Sod, the crazy neighbor lady. Want you now.” William captured her lower lip with his teeth, making her moan.

“I can feel that.” As they kissed, William picked Buffy up and she wrapped her legs around his waist, hiking her skirt up to her hips.

“Really, really brilliant jacket. Good thing I wore a skirt. What about the car? It could get scratched...”

“Can fix that.” William wobbled them over to the large tree in the front yard and supported her against it.

“You know when I heard you, that night, I thought my hand would fall off... Good Lord, I couldn’t move it fast enough, pet. To know you were coming in the other room, thinking about me…”

Buffy’s top was ripped and buttons were popped off.

William hissed at the sight of her bare breasts and placed wet kisses in the valley between them after traveling from nipple to nipple.

“William-.”

“It’s okay, kitten. You can call me Spike, for now.”

Buffy’s head and heart turned to mush. She was overwhelmed to see the makeup on his face as he worshiped her skin. As he kneaded her ass, she snaked a hand between them and unzipped his pants.

William was glad to feel the tension released from his jeans, the night air and a small set of hands on his throbbing cock. William thought she would stroke him, but Buffy led him to her entrance. Her underwear was pushed aside and Buffy impaled herself on him with much force.

“William...”

“Shhh, Buffy, love, must be quiet.”

“I...ah, okay.” Buffy struggled with her words as she matched his thrusts.

“Must be quiet,” he whispered as he pressed his damp forehead against hers and captured her eyes. “Going to take you slow.”

William rocked them slowly, until they both reached their peak.
***

“Wow. That was…wow.”

“Speechless, my love?”

“I’ve never done anything like that before.”

“Really? Not even with the poofter?”

“Who? Oh, Angel. Nope Angel and I never got to trees. Hell, we never got to beds.”

William cocked his brow.

“Ew! I mean Angel and I didn’t have sex.”

“Is that so?”

“You see, I had someone else on my mind.”

“Or really, pet? Did I know him?”

“Maybe. He’s quite handsome, moody, British. Come to think about it, he kinda resembles you.”

“Is that right?”

William began to move his hips slightly.

“Hey you, stop that, we should go inside. Crazy neighbors could call the cops.”

“Let ‘em come, let you come.”

“William. Oh, do that again.”
***

“So.”

“So.”

William didn’t look up from his laptop.

“You going to work all day?”

“Have to, princess. We had our fun, now I have to get some stuff done. And don’t you give me that pouty face. Go run along now.”

“But I have to go back to Sunnydale in…in four hours.”

“I know but this has to be in to Lilah in the morning, first thing.”

“But--.”

“No.”

Buffy walked away grumbling under her breath.
***

William rolled his eyes at her fifth exaggerated sigh. She was lying on the couch in his office, surrounded by silence. He was having enough trouble concentrating on his writing but Buffy’s moping was making it worse. ‘Think, mate. Ignore the girl. But she will be leaving me soon.’

William continued to struggle, not knowing if he should listen to his head, his heart or the bulge in his pants.
***

Buffy left the room for a few minutes and came back, a book in her hand. She sat up straight on the couch and began to read.

William gave her sideways glance and smiled. “What you reading?”

“Shhh, I’m trying to read here. Just because you have to work, it doesn’t mean that I have to be away from you, now does it?”

William laughed at her snippy tone. ”No.”

“Well good because I’m not leaving.”
***

“Come here.”

“Not listening.” Buffy didn’t look up from her poetry reader.

“Okay, I’ll come to you. I’m done for now, kitten. My work’s all done.”

“So you think I’m just going to drop my homework and entertain you? I don’t think so, Spikey.”

“Love when you call me that. You read. I’ll entertain myself.”

Buffy struggled to read as she felt her body being swung sideways. William situated their bodies so they were at opposite ends of the couch, legs stretched out and entangled. William buried a foot in the crack of the sofa and the other next to Buffy’s side. Her feet pushed against his chest.

“Comfy now, since you disturbed me?”

“Yes, very. Thanks for asking, kitten.”

”Oh, that’s nice,” she said as strong hands kneaded her feet.
***

Buffy and William walked hand in hand until they reached her dorm.

“How about Wednesday?”

“Come again?”

“Wednesday. Me. You. Phone. Around, oh elevenish.”

“Oh, Buffy wants phone sex. That sounds good.”

“Hug me.”

William had to control himself from mauling her in front of her door; he had done enough of that in the car.

“Oh, Buffy! Thank all that’s holy that you are here!”

Buffy hesitated before she let go of William. “Hi Anya, missed you too.”

“I didn’t miss you that much. I want you to make the uncharming man leave my dorm. Now, please. He said he had to see you before he could leave. And now that you’re here, I’m happy. Please make him leave. Now.”

Walking past Anya, Buffy motioned to William to follow her, not sure who the ‘uncharming’ man was. “Riley, what are you doing here?”
***

“Hey, I have heard a lot about you. Buffy talks about her step-dad all the time.”

William glared, “I’m not her step anything, mate. And it’s funny I’ve heard Buffy mention you, ah never.”

Riley seemed oblivious to the bite in William’s words. “I think Buffy’s a great girl. She’s a pro at photography, you know?”

“I know.” William cocked his head to the side and quickly brought it back.

“Ah, um, Mr. Giles, you see I’m an old fashioned guy, and I was wondering if I could court Buffy... I always like to ask permission--.”

“Hey guys, I got the drinks.” Buffy came in, hands full. She sat next to William, causally rested a hand on his leg.

William looked at Riley and felt like growling when he didn’t notice her hand.

“Thank you so much, Buffy. I was just asking Mr. Giles here if I could ask you out on a date.”

Buffy looked wide-eyed from William to Riley. “Oh...this is not going to end well.”
***