Hehe, ok I’m trying a fluffy little one-shot here semi-based on a true story that my little sister told me. Who knew all of the hormone’s flying around the 8th grade weren’t necessarily coming from the kids? I hope you enjoy!
******

“Ms. Summers?”

Buffy looked up to see three of her students around her desk with rather large smiles on their faces.

Buffy had taken over for Mrs. Besh who she had been a student teacher for before Linda had gotten pregnant. They always joked that Buffy had stolen her job but the truth was Linda had decided to quit to raise her son. By the time she’d graduated college, she’d had a job all lined up for her.

“Yes?” she replied, looking up from the test she was correcting.

Danielle Mattson smiled widely at her, “Guess what?”

“I don’t know,” Buffy replied, putting down her pen and staring at the girl, “What?”

“No!” Tasha Lysford exclaimed, “You so have to guess!”

God, Buffy thought with a sigh, please tell me I wasn’t like this when I was fourteen, “Okay. You just saw Mr. Andersen in a pink dress doing the cha-cha with the janitor?”

Buffy couldn’t help but smile slightly at the picture of the mullet sporting, Harley Davidson driving fifty year old social studies teacher that always gave her a hard time in the said pink dress doing the cha-cha with the janitor.

Jamie Vegan rolled her eyes, “Nice imagery but no.”

Buffy sighed heavily, “Than what?”

Tasha gave her a beaming smile, “We just found out that Mr. Giles has a crush on you!”

Buffy blinked at them for a moment before asking slowly, “The librarian?”

“No!” Danielle exclaimed, her face twisting in disgust for just a moment, “The junior Giles! You know, our extremely hot English teacher?” She paused, “Oops, I just told you that I thought one of my teachers was hot…”

“But whatever,” Jamie cut in, rolling her eyes at Danielle, “He so totally has this like major thing for you.”

The urge to let her head drop onto her desk was quite strong at the moment. “Girls,” Buffy began slowly, “I’m sure that you have no idea what you're talking about. Whatever you may have heard is probably just a silly little rumor.”

Oh how Buffy wished it was true though. Mr. Giles of the junior variety or William ‘Spike’ Giles was one fine specimen of man, there was no denying it. Not that that mattered. Rumors. Rumors were all it was.

Buffy glanced at the clock and gave her classroom that was now full of students a once over before saying, “Take your seats girls. You know you're late if you aren't in you seat by the time the bell rings.”

All three girls sighed before taking their seats seconds before the bell rang.

Buffy stood from her desk and walked over to the board, ready to start class.

******

“We so need to get them together,” Tasha stated as Jamie, Danni and her took their seats at their usual lunch table.

Danni nodded, “Yah think? They would be totally perfect together! I mean they’re both young and hot teachers.” She paused to take a bite of her chicken patty before continuing, “Besides no matter how much Ms. Summers will deny that he has a thing for her, she knows it’s true. I bet she has a thing for him too.”

“She has a boyfriend though,” Tasha pointed out

“So?” Jamie asked as though it was the stupidest comment ever, “Like anybody wouldn’t dump their boyfriends from Mr. Giles the junior. I know I would.”

“Would what? Ben Baker asked as he slid into the seat next to his girlfriend.

Tasha smiled at him sweetly, “Dump you for the younger of the Giles men at our humble little school.”

Ben frowned slightly before shrugging, “Okay. Well I’d dump you for a shot at Ms. Summers so I guess we’re even.”

Jamie scowled at him, “Ben, shut up. Nobody asked you.”

“Is she PMSing?” Jake Kennedy asked cautiously as he came up to the table.

Danni laughed and shook her head, “No, she’s just being Jamie again.”

“I’m still scared either way,” Jake smiled before sliding in next to Ben. There was a pause before Jake asked, “Hey man? You gonna eat your tots?”

All of the girls rolled their eyes before going back to plotting how to get their two favorite teachers together.

“What are they babbling about?” Travis Griffin asked as he sat down at the table.

Ben shrugged, “I have no clue. They’ve decided that Ms. Summers and Mr. Giles belong together.”

Travis’s eyebrows knit together, “The librarian?”

“No,” Jake waved a hand at him, “Our English teacher. Like they’d try to set Ms. Summers up with our weird middle-aged British librarian.”

“Have you actually when paying attention to them?” Ben raised an eyebrow.

Jake shrugged, “Yeah. So?”

“Remind me why we hang out with you?” Travis laughed.

Jake shrugged again, “Cuz’ I’m just a lovable little boy. Do you have a problem with that?” He took a large bite of his burger before asking the girls, “So how did you develop your theory?”

Jamie smiled widely, “I found something rather interesting yesterday after school.”

“Very, very interesting,” Tasha giggled.

“For the love of god,” Ben rolled his eyes, “What did you find?”

Danni smirked before she started to explain.

Danni, Tasha and Jamie where in Mr. Moorhead’s room picking out music for this week addition their schools show ‘Good Morning Sunnydale’.

“It’s so sad Mr. Moorhead won't let us use the ‘which Brady would you want to see naked most’ thing,” Tasha pouted, “I mean we got some awesome answers. I’m sure the school would love to know that the Brady Jake would like to see naked is Alice.”

Danni laughed, “Yeah but then someone had to argue with him for fifteen friggin minutes whether Alice counts as a Brady.”

“Hey!” Jamie defended herself, “She was on the show but she was never a member of the Brady family!”

Danni and Tasha both rolled their eyes at her before going back to work.

Jamie glanced at the clock, “Oh shit! I was supposed to go see Mr. Giles about my wonder F in his like a half hour ago!”

“Have fun with Mr. Hottie,” Danni laughed making Jamie give her a death glare.

“Oh shut up,” Jamie muttered before exiting the classroom, going to face her doom.

When she reached Mr. Giles’s room, it was empty but the door was open and the lights were still on. She shrugged before she entered the room. She looked around, tucking her bottom lip between her teeth, giving the door a glance before she started to snoop. She wandered up to his desk, noticing a planner on the edge of the desk, just waiting to fall off, with a little help of course…

“Oops,” she said with false sincerity before looking around once more and grabbing the planner off the floor.

Okay, yes she did know this was an evasion of privacy but if he could take her notes from Ben than she could do this! She knew that the teachers must just meet up once a week and read all of the notes they take from their students!

She flipped it open and started to scan the page.

Pick up clothing from dry cleaners.

Boring.

Have dinner with parents..

Yawn.

Meet the whelp for a drink after work.

Did he have a life?

She stopped dead when she read the last line on the page.

Work up courage to ask Buffy out. (if she ever dumps Whitebread)

Jamie’s brain clicked into overdrive. Buffy? She knew a Buffy. Who was Buffy?

Oh my god! Ms. Summers!


******

“So what’s in the schedule today Mr. G?” Jamie asked as they entered his classroom. She stressed the word schedule heavily.

“Compare and contrast papers. Sounds fun huh?”

He apparently didn’t get the message.

“Again?!” Tasha whined, “Didn’t we just like write one of those last week?”

“It’s not my idea,” he shrugged, “Have to appease the district.”

“I hate the district,” Danni mumbled as they took their seats, “It sucks.”

“Tell me about it,” Jamie grumbled as their teacher, who they were plotting to get together with their other teacher started to explain the assignment.

Spike sat at his desk pretending to be looking over vocab packets. He wasn’t of course. It was Friday again and he’d be spending it alone or with Harris or Oz again.

One would think that he’d just go out and find someone. He was young and attractive but no. He was to bloody hung up on Buffy who was to busy dating the Farm boy and ignoring him to do that. It was fucking stupid if you asked him.

Jamie had a rather brilliant idea if she did say so herself. For the first time ever, she was determined to get caught passing a note. A note that said something that wasn’t necessarily untrue.

She set the note on the edge of her desk and gave her a hard flick so it would go sailing off of the desk, past Mr. Giles to Danni.

Spike looked up and sighed. It was the fourth time he’d caught her passing notes and it was getting quite old. He got up and picked it with another sigh, “Jamie…”

“Sorry?” Jamie said trying to sound like she was.

“You know that this means detention right?”

Jamie mentally snapped her fingers. Damn! Oh well, it was in the name of love so it was okay.

“Okay, okay, detention for Jamie.”

Oh yeah, she was so totally smirking on the inside.

******

Now Spike wasn’t the kind of teacher that normally read the notes he found. That wasn’t stopping him now.

Written in Jamie’s neat handwriting was the following.

OMG Danni! U will never believe what I heard today! Ms. Summer has a thing for Mr. G! Can you believe it?!

He wasn’t one to go by idle gossip but he could only hope.

The bell rang and his students started to flee the classroom. The day was finally over and he was ready to make his move.

******

“So get this,” Buffy laughed to her friend and fellow science teacher Willow, “According to three of my beloved little students, Spike has a ‘major’ thing for me.”

They were at a small bar The Bronze where some of the younger teachers hung out after work on Fridays.

Willow raised an eyebrow, “And you're doubting it’s true?”

Buffy frowned at her, “Well yeah. I mean come on. I’m me and he’s him and that made no sense whatsoever but it just doesn’t make sense. Besides, I’m with Riley.”

“Who you can hardly stand anymore,” Willow reminded her.

“Okay, yeah, I’m planning on break up with him but so what?” Buffy shook her head, finishing the large amount of her drink left in one big gulp.

“Buffy?” Willow said, looking at something over Buffy’s shoulder.

“Hmm?” she asked, setting her glass down.

“Turn around and see,” Willow instructed her.

Buffy sighed and turned around to see one William ‘Spike’ Giles staring at her intently.

“Maybe he does have a thing for you Buff,” Willow smiled, “Go and find out. Now or never.”

Buffy took a deep breath and nodded before she slid out of her seat and headed over to the bar where he was sitting with a friend.

“Hey,” she said with a small smile.

Spike smirked back at her, “Hey luv. Can I help you with something.”

Buffy felt something in her stomach flip. Okay so maybe Jamie, Danni and Tasha had been wrong, very, very wrong.

“I was…” she took a deep calming breath, “I was wondering if you wanted to dance Mr. Giles.”

He looked shocked for a fraction of a second before his smirk returned, “Well I’d be delighted Ms. Summers.”

She smiled at him before offering a hand which he took readily before they headed out to the dance floor.

Of course, as they got on the floor a slow song started to play.

“So,” Buffy began as he hesitantly put his hands on her hips. She wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled, “I heard from three little birdies that you had a ‘major thing’ for me.”

“Really now?” he raised a scarred eyebrow, “I heard from one little birdie that you had a thing for me.”

Buffy laughed and shook her head, “And would that birdie happen to be Jamie Vegan?”

He laughed and nodded, “It seems we’ve been had luv.”

Buffy smile up at him before asking, “And is it a bad thing?”

He shook his head and smiled back, “Not at all.”

“Good,” Buffy smirked before she kissed him full on the lips.

When air became an issue for both of them Spike pulled away and said breathlessly, “I might just let her detention for passing notes slide…”

Buffy burst out laughing before she kissed him again.

******

On Monday when Buffy caught Jamie with gum in class, she didn’t ask her to spit it out. She was usually the Hitler of gum. Now that said something…


THE END!