Prologue


Willow Rosenberg sat on her bed flipping through her senior yearbook. She stopped when she got to Tara McClay’s page. Sighing and shaking her head, she put the yearbook down and went to her computer. Sitting down, she began to type.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sunnydale High School.

Home of the Razorbacks.

From the outside, it looked like any other school. But it wasn’t. It was a place full of lies and betrayal - and murder. See, being popular was critical to surviving here. So critical it could kill.

You all know them. They went to your school too. The beautiful ones, the “Fab Four”. Everyone wanted to be them. They ruled everyone and everything.

First, there was Faith Evans. She was the leader, and Satan in heels. Then there was Cordelia Chase. She was Faith’s second-in-command. Next came Buffy Summers, doomed to be popular because of her looks…and because she was best friends with Tara.

Tara McClay. Tara was special, everyone loved her. And not just because she was rich, smart, and pretty…but because she was sweet. Faith ruled with terror, but Tara ruled with kindness. She was like the Princess Di of Sunnydale High and it pissed Faith off.

Tara was perfect. I used to dream about what it would be like to be her. Popular, beautiful, loved by everyone…

It’s a shame what happened to her. That was no way to wake up on your eighteenth birthday…