The Feelings of ‘Once More, With Feeling’


Disclaimer: Has anyone seen ‘Dogma’? That’s what this is, a statement made to save my @$$. I don’t own anything, except my Buffy DVD’s and CD. That, and my [vivid] imagination. It’s all yours, Joss!

Rating: PG-13, for naughty words (and feelings)

Summary: The title’s pretty self-explanatory, isn’t it? This is basically my take of everyone’s emotions during OMWF. Random POV’s, but always Spuffy. Chapters go according to each song, though some may be combined (i.e., ‘Mustard’ is in Ch. 2, instead of having it’s own...) Unless otherwise stated, the lyrics are being sung by the song’s lead singer. For the medley songs, I’ll just put who’s singing what, even though I’m sure everyone knows who sings what.

A/N: Yep. It’s another OMWF fic. I promise this one’ll be good! I just thought that everyone’s thoughts on everything would be pretty funny. And besides, everyone needs an excuse to listen to the soundtrack, right? Right? No? Eh, me neither. I listen to it all the time. And no, I’m not [completely] psycho, but thanks for asking.

Feedback: Oopy. Almost forgot...PLEASE!!! Reviews are like prezzies! And you don’t wanna mess with the evil eyes. O_o

Special Thanks: By brand new beta, Chantel


Ch. 1: Going Through The Motions

~Buffy POV~

Okay, is there supposed to be music in a cemetery at night? Seriously, I hear flutie things. Or is it a piano? Oh well. Whatever it is, it’s probably not of the good. And....why do I feel a song coming on? Uh oh.....

♪Every single night
♪The same arrangement
♪I go out and fight the fight

Why am I singing? And why is it when I’m slaying? And why is this so Disney-esque? I mean, yeah, it’s true, but do I have to SING?

♪Still I always feel this strange estrangement
♪Nothing here is real, nothing here is right

This is Sunnydale. Of course nothing’s right. And...oh, great. Just peachy. After all, why wouldn’t there be vampires and a demon making a ritual sacrifice during my big number? That’s so mean!

♪I’ve been making shows of trading blows
♪Just hoping no one knows
♪That I’ve been going through the motions
♪Walking through the part
♪Nothing seems to penetrate my heart

Ugh. Stupid Vamps. How come when they’re dusted they’re so...dusty? I mean, do you have any idea how annoying vamp dust is to wash out? It isn’t normal dust. It’s breeding dust. Stupid vampires.

♪I was always brave
♪And kind of righteous
♪Now I find I’m wavering

Hey! Stupid song! I’m SO not wavering. Well, maybe a little. Ugh! Gimme a break, I was dead for 147 days! I deserve a little...leniency? Stupid Glory.

♪Crawl out of your grave
♪You find this fight just
♪Doesn’t mean a thing
♪(Vamp) She ain’t got that swing
♪Thanks for noticing

Um, first thought, completely random–OW! I may be a slayer, but getting knocked down still hurts. Oh well. Now their sword is right by me. Hehe. Shiny.

♪(Demon&Vamps) She does pretty well with fiends from hell
♪But lately we can tell
♪That she’s just
♪Going through the motions
♪Faking it somehow

I’m not faking! And seriously, what kind of dance was that? Nobody walks around like that. Unless that Jonathan kid from high school got drunk. I can imagine that would be pretty funny. I mean, he’s so tiny! Hmmm....sword, demon, sword, demon. I think stabbage is in order. Hehe.

♪(Demon) She’s not even half the girl she–ow!

Ha! Hasn’t anyone told the demons that ritual sacrifices in Sunnydale are a bad idea? What a mook.

♪Will I stay this way forever
♪Sleepwalk through my life’s endeavor
♪(man) How can I repay...

Ooh! Cute guys that aren’t dead do exist in Sunny-D! Oops. I did NOT just say that. Bad brain. Bad, bad, bad brain

♪-Whatever
♪I don’t wanna be
♪Going through the motions
♪Losing all my drive
♪I can’t even see if this is really me
♪And I just want to be
♪Alive

Yeah. Alive. Because being dead sucked so much, being in heaven and all. Not that anyone knows that besides Spike. Really, though. Would it be too much to ask of the PTB’s to let me feel something-anything-again? Honestly. The savior of the world, and I don’t get anything in return. And...again with the singing! Why? Gotta talk to Giles. But Buffy and mornings are unmixy things. Maybe I’ll wait till after I get a good night’s sleep. And after I stand in the shower for two hours trying to get off the vamp dust. Note to self: Don’t wear new clothes when patrolling. Ugh. Stupid vampires.



A/N2: So...whaddya think? Hmmm? Good, not good, terrible, boring? It’ll get better (I hope)! But no reviews = no updates. Dun Dun Dun.