-Disclaimer- I own nothing, sadly. I’m just a pathetic human being with nothing better to do with her time. The title is by Collective Soul, a song called Heavy.-
-upon finishing this, i realized i have a problem. I’m addicted. and most times my stories at least through my eyes, rather suck. oh well, who cares right?. Hope someone likes-


“All Your Weight, It Falls On Me, It Brings Me Down”

“Typical night.” Buffy said to herself as she walked through the cemetery, weaving around the many gravestones that covered the grassy acres. Aimlessly twirling her stake, she looked around, obviously bored on the King of slow nights.

Things at home weren’t exactly fun to deal with, Dawn for one just didn’t understand what it was like to be in Buffy’s position. Willow was too preoccupied with Tara to notice any sadness Buffy displayed. And Xander...well, he was just there.

“Someone’s looking blue.” Spike said, as he came up beside Buffy.

“Please do us all a giant favor and walk off the face of the planet...” She responded. Not wanting to talk to anyone at the moment, she’d have said that to anyone. Of course she wouldn’t expect it to be effective, least of all with Spike.

“Not even in your wildest dreams pet.” He said with a smirk.

“Of course not, ‘cause you are not in a any way a part of my wildest dreams. Spike, can you please just go away, I have to patrol and I need you following me around like a...like a...”

“Like a what, Luv?”

“Like a big dumb vampire!” Ok so she was seriously lacking a better come back, but it was sufficient enough for the time being.

“Or else what? You’ll slay me?” He could never just leave and be respectful for once and give her, her space, no not ever, he had to be annoying.

Ok that was it. She swung at his heart with the stake in her hand. Luckily he was paying attention and grabbed her wrist just before the sharp piece of oak actually penetrated his chest, not that she’d have really done it anyway.

He had that cocky grin on his face as he looked at her. “Mission futile.”

“Shut up.” She kicked him in the shin. “You wanna fight? Let’s go, c’mon, bruise me. That is, if you’re up for the challenge.”

Honestly, he didn’t want to fight her, he just wanted to talk to her...ok maybe kiss her, but it didn’t seem as if that were going to happen, so he settled for the fighting and hit her. Right in the face.

She hadn’t expected him to actually hit back. No way would she let it go thought. She swung at him, aiming for his face, but he blocked the hit and she used her other fist to get him in the stomach.

He didn’t wince, not even a flinch. “I expected that much, Slayer. You gotta learn to be unanticipated.” He grabbed her wrist and managed to twist her whole body around, pushing her against a tree. “Throw in a twist or two.”

“Alright, you want irony?” She head butted him to make him back off. Then quickly she turned around and pushed him away further, only to end up with his back smacking against a crypt.

He chuckled. “Oh yeah, you’re doing a great job of---”

She grabbed him by his duster and threw him into a tombstone. “Really? A great job? Thanks I needed the compliment, keeps me going.” She slowly walked over to him. A grin on her face all the way.

He lay by the tombstone, only acting as if he had been beat. When she got close enough, he hooked his foot around her ankle, making her fall right on him.

She said nothing, a little bit thunderstruck. Only a mere inch between their faces sent chills all through her and what happened next was the irony that she was talking about, never in a lifetime did Spike expect that from Buffy, maybe when the moon decided to just spontaneously blow up.

She had kissed him, resting herself on him. A lifetime of painful weight just lifting off of her shoulders, almost as if it had transferred to him and he filtered it away, into the darkness of the night.

Maybe Spike was right, she felt something for him. And tonight she fell for him. Found someone she could confide in, never again would she be blue and brought down...at least not in a bad way.

~All your weight, it falls on me, it brings me down~