Notice Me by TammyAsh666
Summary: Buffy and William are best friends. William has a crush on the popular girl in school and Buffy agrees to help him get her attention, even though she secretly has feelings for him. Can William open up his eyes to the love that's been right in front of him?
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 21 Completed: Yes Word count: 22989 Read: 29069 Published: 06/13/2005 Updated: 07/13/2005

1. Chapter 1 by TammyAsh666

2. Chapter 2 by TammyAsh666

3. Chapter 3 by TammyAsh666

4. Chapter 4 by TammyAsh666

5. Chapter 5 by TammyAsh666

6. Chapter 6 by TammyAsh666

7. Chapter 7 by TammyAsh666

8. Chapter 8 by TammyAsh666

9. Chapter 9 by TammyAsh666

10. Chapter 10 by TammyAsh666

11. Chapter 11 by TammyAsh666

12. Chapter 12 by TammyAsh666

13. Chapter 13 by TammyAsh666

14. Chapter 14 by TammyAsh666

15. Chapter 15 by TammyAsh666

16. Chapter 16 by TammyAsh666

17. Chapter 17 by TammyAsh666

18. Chapter 18 by TammyAsh666

19. Chapter 19 by TammyAsh666

20. Chapter 20 by TammyAsh666

21. Chapter 21 by TammyAsh666

Chapter 1 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
I had this idea in my head and figured I should try writing it down. I wasn’t sure about it at first, but I really like how it turned out. I think this is actually one of my favorites. I’m sure something similar to this has been done before, but I like to think that I do things a bit differently. You know the drill; feel free to let me know how it is. I love all reviews=)
Chapter 1

William Anderson entered Sunnydale High School on the first day of his senior year. He prayed that things would be different this year, but wouldn’t get his hopes up. He wasn’t watching where he was going and crashed into someone, which caused him to fall to the floor. It was then that he heard the laughter.

“Watch where you’re going, loser.”

William didn’t even bother to look up at the voice. He just got off of the floor and then made the mistake of glancing in front of him to see a few cheerleaders pointing and laughing at him, including his crush. He noticed that she wasn’t laughing with the rest of them, but he was still embarrassed that she had to witness his clumsy display. William ran his fingers through his hair and hoped that the day wouldn’t get any worse, when he heard a voice behind him.

“Hey, Anderson? I see someone has gotten even scrawnier over the summer.”

William turned at the familiar voice and smiled at the sight of the blonde girl behind him, then enveloped her in a big hug.

She laughed and pulled out of the embrace. “I’ve missed you, too.”

“It’s good to see you, Buffy. How was your summer?”

She shrugged as they started to walk. “Boring with a side of dull. Dad was working most of the time; I hardly got to see him.”

William nodded and felt bad for his friend. He knew her father was a wanker, but he didn’t say anything about him. “If it helps, mine was pretty boring as well.”

“I heard you were helping my mom out at the gallery. I really pity you.”

He shook his head. “It wasn’t so bad, I like hanging out with Joyce. It’s nice being around someone that doesn’t treat me like a freak.”

Buffy stopped to look at him. “William, you’re not a freak. I told you not to believe anything those jerks say. They don’t know you.”

William graced his friend with a small smile. She always knew how to make him feel better. William was terrified of moving to the states to live with his uncle. He was afraid that he wouldn’t fit in. When he first arrived at Sunnydale High on his first day as a sophomore, he was treated like a freak. They all thought he was a geek and no one wanted to be around him. That was until Buffy came over to him at lunch and sat with him. She was the first person that befriended him and he was very grateful for that.

They went outside to their favorite spot under the tree, where they had a perfect view of the football field.

William let out a sigh when he saw the cheerleaders run out for practice.

Buffy noticed where his eyes were and realized that he was again staring at Cordelia Chase. She was head cheerleader and one of the most popular girls in school. William had a huge crush on her. Buffy frowned and turned back to her friend. “Will, you really need to get over her. It’s not healthy.”

He looked back at Buffy and shrugged. “It’s not that easy. I just want her to notice me, when I’m not falling down or getting beat on by some jock.”

Buffy felt for him. “It’s a new year; maybe you should stop trying to get her to notice you. Maybe you should focus on putting your interests on someone else, someone that would actually like you back.”

William rolled his eyes. “Who would that be, Buffy? There isn’t a girl in this school that would ever be interested in me. I can’t even get a girl on the chess team. Do you know how sad that is?”

Buffy suddenly glanced away from him.

He noticed the tiny smile on her face. “Are you laughing at me?”

Buffy put on a serious expression and looked back at him. “No, of course not. It can’t be that bad.”

William gazed back out at the cheerleaders. “I would give anything to have her.”

Buffy felt saddened and jealous at the same time. It would always be about Cordelia. Buffy had liked William since they first met, but he never saw her as more than a friend. She would give anything for him to look at her like that, but knew it would never happen. He wasn’t like the other guys that she dated, he was sweet and caring. She really wished that he would notice her. Buffy decided that right now he needed a friend, even if she wanted more. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves. “Maybe I can help you with that.”

He raised his eyebrows. “How could you help?”

Buffy moved closer to him and ran her fingers through his soft, brown curls. “You ever think about a change? I’m not just talking about the hair. The clothes could use a change, too.”

William shrugged. “I never thought about it. You could get her to notice me?”

Buffy looked him over and nodded. “Trust me, William. When I’m done with you, you’ll have every girl in school after you.”

That brought a smile to his face as he turned back to the field. “I only want one,” he claimed, then looked back at Buffy. “All right, I’ll do it.”

Buffy nodded and saw how happy William seemed. She would change him and then Cordelia will probably fall madly in love with him. She felt saddened again at the thought of that. Buffy only wanted him to be happy, even if it would end up hurting her.
Chapter 2 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 2

William went to Buffy’s house over the weekend because her mother was out and they would have the place to themselves. They went into the bathroom and Buffy was looking at William, wondering what she should change first. She then had an idea.

“You ever think about going blond?”

He raised his eyebrows. “Why? Because blond seems to work for everyone?”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Just go with me here. How about you go with a shorter, bleached blond look?”

William smiled. “Love, are you trying to turn me into Billy Idol? I know you have that obsession with him.”

Buffy smacked him lightly on the head. “Billy Idol is hot, and it’s not about you looking like him. Do you trust me or not?”

He nodded. “You know I do.”

Buffy smiled as well. “Good, then shut up and let me do this.”

William zipped his lips shut and pretended to throw away a key.

Buffy had to laugh at that. “Why do I put up with you?” she said teasingly.

William gave her another smile. “Because you love me.”

Buffy gazed at him, suddenly more serious. “Yeah, that must be it,” she replied, without him knowing how much she meant it. Buffy then started to wash his hair and gave him a little trim.

He was worried when he noticed the bleach.

“It won’t be so bad. I’ll use a few packets of sweet ‘n’ low. It takes the sting out a little. I bleach my hair all the time.”

He nodded and took in a deep breath as he waited for her to begin the torture of bleaching his hair.


* * * * *


William took a look in the mirror once Buffy was finished. He could hardly even recognize himself and smiled at that.

Buffy stood behind him to see his reaction in the mirror. “Yeah, definitely looks good. I think it brings out your eyes more, which brings up the next thing. I think you need to get contacts.”

William glanced back at her. “What’s wrong with my glasses?”

Buffy rolled her eyes, taking off his glasses and holding them out to him. “Do you even have to ask? I know you’re sick of people calling you four eyes.”

William nodded in agreement.

“We’ll get you some clear ones. There’s no way you’re changing your eye color, mister. Okay, now on to the clothes. I picked out something for you, it’s in my room.”

William followed Buffy into her room and noticed the black jeans and tight, black shirt that was on her bed. “Would that even fit?”

“I think I would know your size by now. Go get changed and then come back in here.”

He nodded and picked up the clothes. “Why does it have to be all black?”

Buffy sighed at all of his questions. So much for trusting her. “Black is in, William. I wear it all the time and you don’t see me complaining. You really need to get out of that tweed phase.”

William glanced down at the clothes he was wearing, then back at the clothes he was holding. “I’ll be right back,” he told her, heading to the bathroom.

Buffy ran her fingers through her hair and sat on her bed, thinking about how things were likely to change after this.

William walked back into the room a few minutes later.

Buffy’s eyes widened at the sight of him. With the new hair and the clothes, he was a major hottie. Not that she didn’t think he was one before, but this was definitely an improvement.

“Is it too much?” he wondered at her silence.

Buffy finally came out of her daydream when he spoke. “No, it looks good.”

William smiled at her. “Yeah, I like it. Thanks for this, Buffy. You’re a great friend.”

Buffy gave him a small smile in return. “That’s what I’m here for.”

He looked himself over one more time in the mirror before turning back to her. “Do you think Cordelia will like it?”

Buffy stood up and walked over to him. “She’d have to be crazy not to.”

He felt relieved by that, then thought about something else that was bothering him. “I think I should change my name. Just a nickname or something. I never did like William.”

Buffy didn’t think anything was wrong with his name, but she nodded anyway. “All right, you need something cool. How about Killer or Slayer?”

William laughed at those choices. “I don’t want to scare anyone that much.” He looked himself over again and noticed that his hair was spiked a little, then grinned when it came to him. “How about Spike?”

Buffy’s nose crinkled at that suggestion. “That’s a weird name.”

William rolled his eyes. “Like Buffy is so much better.”

Buffy smacked him on the arm. “There’s nothing wrong with my name,” she said with a pout.

“Whatever you say, love.”

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest, then let a smile of her own form on her lips. She moved by William and grabbed his glasses, keeping them away from him. “It looks like you might still need these. Don’t have those contacts yet,” she said, waving the glasses in the air.

He tried to grab for them, but Buffy just held them out of his reach.

“I don’t think so,” she said, moving over to her bed.

William tried to grab her.

Buffy laughed as she fell on the bed, pulling William with her. She forgot to breathe for a moment with him on top of her. His face was close to hers and she thought that he was about to kiss her, when he suddenly took the glasses out of her hand and waved them in front of her face.

“I believe these are mine.”

Buffy felt disappointed when he moved away from her.

He put his glasses back on and gave her a smile.

Buffy shook her head and stood up.

William then grabbed his other clothes and looked back at her. “We should go. I want to get those contacts as soon as I can.”

Buffy nodded as she followed William out of her room.
Chapter 3 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 3

“I’m not calling you that,” Buffy said once they got back to her house.

“Why not?” he wondered.

She rolled her eyes. “The name is weird, and I just don’t see you as a Spike.”

William sighed and decided to give up. “All right, you don’t have to call me that. I’m hoping I can get everyone else to.”

Buffy laughed. “Yeah, somehow I don’t picture Giles calling you that.”

William agreed. “Maybe not him, he’s too stuffy for that.”

Buffy raised her eyebrows. “You do realize that you were that stuffy a few hours ago, right?”

He shrugged. “I wasn’t that bad, but things are going to be different now. I can feel it.”

Buffy shook her head and decided to change the subject. “You wanna watch a movie or something?”

“I would like to, but I think I should get home now. This was really great, Buffy,” he commented, kissing her on the cheek. “You’re a goddess.”

Buffy nodded and tried not to feel too flattered by the compliment. “Tell me something I don’t know,” she replied, running her fingers through his soft hair. “Billy Idol, eat your heart out.”

“You actually think I look better than him? I know how much you love him and all.”

Buffy slapped him playfully on the chest. “Hey, give me some credit here. I did a damn good job.”

He nodded. “That you did, love. I really do appreciate it.”

“That’s what friends are for. There should be a song,” she said with a smile.

“I don’t know why I’m suddenly so nervous. I’m just really bad around girls. I wouldn’t want to screw anything up with her.”

Buffy took his hand in hers. “You’re going to do fine, William. Like I said before, she’d have to be crazy not to want you. You’re one of the good ones. Just make sure she knows that.”

William gave her a shy smile. “Thanks again, Buffy. I’ll see you in school.”

Buffy watched him go and closed the door, resting her head against it. “I really hope I know what I got myself into.”


* * * * *


William walked into his house, with more confidence than he’d ever felt before. He entered the living room to see his uncle reading on the couch.

The older man glanced up at him. “Dear lord, what have you done to yourself?”

William shrugged. “I thought I could use a change. You don’t like it?”

Giles took his glasses off to clean them before placing them back on his face. “It’s very different. What brought this on?”

William ran his fingers through his now bleached hair. “No reason, it’s just a new year. I figured I should look more grown up.”

Giles wouldn’t believe that. “Don’t tell me this is about that Chase girl?”

William avoided his uncle’s stare and headed for the stairs. “Fine, I won’t tell you.”

Giles stopped him before he could leave. “William, this isn’t a good idea. You know that girl is bad news.”

He shook his head. “You’re just saying that because you don’t like her father. You don’t even know her.”

Giles sighed and tried to get through to his stubborn nephew. “You don’t know her, either. I just don’t want you to get hurt, son. You’ve been through enough.”

William didn’t feel like getting into a conversation about his parents right now. “I’ll be fine, uncle. I know how to handle myself.”

Giles wouldn’t let it go. “I just don’t think she’s right for you. What about Buffy? She’s a lovely girl.”

William rolled his eyes. “You’re only saying that because you like her mum.”

He seemed surprised that William knew that. “That’s not why I’m saying it. I think she’s a lovely girl. She would be better for you. I know how you feel for her, son.”

William was starting to get a headache. “I know how I felt for her, but I don’t anymore. She’s just a friend,” he explained.

Giles placed his hand on William’s shoulder. “I know you don’t believe that.”

“Maybe not, but she would never want me. Not like that.”

Giles nodded in understanding and removed his hand. “And you think that this Cordelia will?”

William thought about it. “She might now. I really like her, and I think she might like me if she gets to know me. I have to get over Buffy. I can’t spend another year thinking about her, when I know nothing could ever happen. She dates college blokes; I’m not exactly her type. Thanks for the talk, but I have things to do,” he finished and walked up to his room, without even waiting for Giles to respond. William walked over to his mirror. He had his new contacts in and had to admit that he was very pleased with his new appearance. He thought of something else he could add and went over to his closet, taking out the leather coat he found and put it on. It was a birthday gift from his aunt a few years ago. He never wore it because it wasn’t him, but now would be the perfect time to try it out. He smiled at his reflection and realized that the coat worked perfectly. It was time that William was gone for good and Spike took control. “She has to notice me now,” he said to himself, then frowned when a thought occurred to him. He didn’t even know which girl he was talking about.
Chapter 4 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
I’m all about the Spuffy, so no worries. There will be plenty moments to come, but it will take a little bit to get to that. I guess I should say that there will be some Spike/Cordy in the beginning, but it’s hardly anything. I needed that for what I have planned. So, there will be some jealousy to come and it won’t just be Buffy. That’s all I’m gonna say. I hope you guys will stick with me because the Spuffiness will definitely be worth it=)
Chapter 4

Spike walked into school feeling better than he ever felt before. He had his leather duster on and realized that wasn’t a smart thing to wear when it was so hot outside, but he couldn’t seem to care. He smiled at the girls that were checking him out, which was something he never experienced before. He felt his heart skip a beat when he noticed Cordelia looking at him. She gave him a small smile and turned away. He had to smile as well; things were finally starting to look up for him. Spike then found Buffy in the cafeteria sitting with their other friends, Willow and Xander. He went over to them, with the smile still on his face.

“Hello all,” he commented.

Willow and Xander gazed at him, both with surprised expressions on their faces.

“William, is that you? Wow, you look great,” Willow stated.

He smiled at her and sat down next to Buffy. “I go by Spike now. William was getting old.”

She raised her eyebrows at the name.

Buffy just rolled her eyes and changed the subject. “So, how’s the look working for you?”

Spike turned his gaze on her. “It’s going great. I had every girl staring at me when I walked in. I could definitely get used to that.”

Xander suddenly felt jealous. “Man, I wish that would happen to me.”

Spike looked at his friend. “It would if you wanted it as much. You’re not that bad looking of a bloke.”

Xander rolled his eyes. “Great, I just wish a girl would tell me that. That’s a cool coat. Maybe I should get one.”

Spike shrugged and glanced at Buffy, who didn’t seem to have much to say. “You all right, love?”

She nodded. “Yeah, I’m good. I’m glad you’re happy.”

He smiled at her, then felt nervous when he noticed Cordelia walking over to their table.

She gave everyone a look and focused her attention on Spike. “You’re new here, right?”

Spike didn’t know what to say, but Xander spoke up for him.

“That’s William, Cordy. You know, William Anderson? The guy you and your friends always make fun of.”

Spike glared at him.

Cordelia thought about what he said. “Right, William. I remember you. You’ve really changed.”

Spike felt flattered that she seemed to know who he was. “Thanks,” he replied softly.

“I was just wondering if you wanted to sit with us.”

Spike was surprised by that and glanced at Buffy, who only nodded. He didn’t seem to catch the sad expression on her face as he looked back at Cordelia. “Yeah, that sounds good,” he said and after taking one more look at his friends, followed Cordelia to where the popular kids were sitting.

Buffy watched him go with a sigh. “I think I might have created a monster.”

Willow was the only one that knew how Buffy felt for William. She felt bad when she noticed the look on her friend’s face. “It’ll be okay, Buffy. I’m sure he wouldn’t really fall for her.”

Buffy gave a tiny smile. “Right, because he hasn’t been in love with her for the last two years. Let’s face it; I think we just lost him to the dark side.”

Willow didn’t know what else to say.

Xander nodded. “There’s no going back after that.”

Buffy agreed as she watched William laugh with the popular kids. The same kids that used to always torment him. She couldn’t watch anymore and grabbed her things. “I think I’m gonna head to class early today. I’ll see you guys later,” she said, then headed out of the cafeteria.

Willow and Xander exchanged looks with each other, both hoping that their friend would be okay.


* * * * *


Buffy walked to her locker and put her books away. She waited for Spike to meet her like he always did. She figured after waiting for a few minutes that he wasn’t coming, so she just headed out of school. Buffy stopped suddenly when she saw William standing by Cordelia’s locker, with the cheerleader touching his arm in a tender way. He gave her a smile and Cordelia was laughing at something he said. Buffy looked away and walked in the other direction. She tried not to cry at the thought of William with her. She had to keep telling herself that this was what he wanted. She helped him because she wanted him to be happy. He looked really happy to her, and she was just going to have to accept it. William would always be her friend and that was enough right now, even if she wanted more. Buffy entered the bathroom to splash some water on her face.

Willow followed Buffy into the restroom after seeing how sad she looked. “Are you all right?”

Buffy nodded. “Yeah, I’m great. Why wouldn’t I be?”

Willow could see right through that. “I know how upset you were, Buffy. It must be so hard to see him with her. Why don’t you just tell him how you feel? He might feel the same way and forget about her.”

Buffy laughed at how naïve her friend could be. “William has always wanted her. He only sees me as a friend. I can’t pour my heart out to him knowing that he wouldn’t return my feelings. I just have to deal with this. I want him to be happy. That’s all that matters,” she said, avoiding her friend’s gaze.

“Even if you’re miserable?”

Buffy looked back up at her. “It wouldn’t be the first time. I’ll be fine. I have to get home now, so I’ll talk to you later.” She then left the bathroom, without giving Willow another look.

Willow let out a sigh as she watched Buffy leave. She really wished her two friends would get together. It was obvious that they both had feelings for each other. She just wished that they could see it.
Chapter 5 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 5

Buffy walked out of the school and was about to head home, when she saw the familiar person waiting in the distance. She sighed and made her way over to him.

“What are you doing here, Parker?”

He smiled at her. “I came to see my girl. I decided to take a break from the college life and drove here. What? I don’t get a hug?” he asked with a pout.

Buffy shook her head. “That won’t work with me. We only had a summer thing, Parker. That’s all it was. You should just go back to LA.” She started to walk away, but Parker grabbed her arm.

“You know that’s not all it was. I didn’t drive two hours to get rejected, Buffy.”

She pulled her arm out of his grasp. “How do you think I felt? You made it pretty clear what you wanted from me, and then I had to catch you with another girl. I don’t want you here.”

Parker rolled his eyes. “I told you it was a mistake. I never cared about her. I only care about you, Buffy. I came here to get you back. I know you still have feelings for me.”

“I don’t know what I feel anymore, but I know that you’re not the one I want.”

Parker wasn’t about to take no for an answer. “You think one of these high school boys can give you what I can? What we had was special, and I know that no one else can make you feel that good. I’ll be in town for a while. This is where I’m staying,” he said, handing her a paper with a hotel number and address on it. “You decide what you want and come see me. I know you can’t resist, Buffy,” he whispered the last part in her ear and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He smiled at her one more time before walking away.

Buffy shoved the paper in her pocket and turned around, only to bump into Spike. “God, don’t sneak up on me like that,” she claimed, with her hand over her heart.

“Sorry, who was that?” he wondered.

Buffy wasn’t sure what to tell him. “He’s no one important.”

He wasn’t convinced. “Seemed important to me.”

Buffy took a deep breath and just decided to tell him some of the truth. “I met Parker in LA over the summer. We had a thing and I thought it was over, but he had to come here and make things even more confusing in my life.”

Spike nodded and wondered why she didn’t mention him before. “What did he give you?”

Buffy wondered why he was so curious. “Nothing, just the number of the hotel where he’s staying. He wanted me to stop by.”

Spike raised his eyebrows. “You’re not going to do that, are you?”

Buffy shrugged. “I don’t know, maybe if I was really desperate or something.”

Spike couldn’t help the jealousy that seemed to go through him at that. “Do you really think that’s a good idea?”

Buffy thought about it. “You know what? I’m probably just going to throw the number away. I really don’t want to see him again.”

Spike felt relieved to hear that, then a sudden thought crossed his mind. “Did he hurt you?”

Buffy shook her head. “Nothing I couldn’t handle. He was just seeing another girl and I had to catch them together. It wasn’t a big deal, not like I really loved him or anything. It was just a summer fling and I know how that sounds, but I was depressed that my dad cancelled on me again and he was there. That’s all it was.”

Spike nodded and didn’t know what else to say. He knew that Buffy had a pretty active sex life. She didn’t have to talk to him about it for him to know. She knew that he was a virgin and wanted his first time to be special, with someone he really loved. He didn’t like the fact of having a lot of sex with someone that you didn’t even care about. Spike knew that Buffy wasn’t happy with her choices. He just wished that she would talk to him about it. He was starting to think that Buffy didn’t know how to love, and that thought worried him.

“So, how did things go with Cordelia? Making any progress yet?” she asked suddenly.

Spike came out of his reverie to answer her. “It went well. They all accepted me, even though they know who I am. I never thought I would ever be sitting at that table. I’m even going out with Cordy this weekend.”

Buffy raised her eyebrows at the fact that he already seemed to be calling her Cordy. She tried not to sound jealous when she spoke again. “You actually asked her out?”

A bright smile lit up his features. “I didn’t have to, she asked me out.”

Buffy forced a smile on her face. “That’s great; you finally have what you’ve always wanted.”

Spike’s smile faded a little as he thought about that. He didn’t even know if Cordelia was the one he wanted. She was very attractive and great to talk to, but he didn’t really have anything in common with her. He couldn’t imagine himself watching cheesy movies at her house and yelling at the screen with her. Buffy seemed to be really happy for him, though, so he kept the smile on his face. “Yeah, I never expected this. I really owe it all to you.”

Buffy waved her hand in the air. “I didn’t really do much. It was your personality that won her over. Anyway, I should get going. I’ll talk to you later.”

Spike just watched her go and again couldn’t help thinking about how beautiful she was. He shook that thought away and headed in the other direction.
Chapter 6 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
Okay, I’m just gonna say that a lot of stuff in this story was hard for me to write. Things are about to get intense, but just know that I always make up for it. I do need to have a little angst before the good stuff starts. It wouldn’t be a good story without the drama. I know things will seem bad at first, but Spike isn't going to get rid of his real friends. He's gonna realize just how important they are to him. We all know how popularity can make you act, but it won't be that way for long. I hope you guys would still stick with me. Thanks for the reviews=)
Chapter 6

Buffy entered her house and threw her bag down on the floor. She went into the kitchen to see if her mother was around, but the person she found wasn’t who she was expecting.

“Angel?”

He turned when he noticed her and gave a big smile. “Hey, you don’t have a hug for your big brother?”

Buffy smiled as well and gave him a big hug, which he returned. She pulled away after a few seconds. “What are you doing here?”

Angel shrugged. “I decided to pay my favorite sister a visit. Is that a crime?”

Buffy slapped him playfully on the arm. “I’m your only sister.”

Angel smiled again. “I must have forgotten. How’ve you been, kid?”

“I’m not a kid. Where’s Mom?” she asked suddenly.

“Mom’s taking a nap upstairs. She told me to make sure that you do your homework.”

She rolled her eyes. “It’s the second day of school, Angel. We don’t have homework yet.”

“Well, when you do. Mom told me that you barely passed and almost had to repeat your junior year. What happened, Buffy? You used to do so well in school.”

Buffy looked away from him. “Things change, I’ll try harder this year.”

Angel nodded and hoped that she would. “So, how was your summer in LA? I wish I could have seen you more, but I had a lot of work to do.”

“Yeah, you and Dad. We hardly did anything while I was there.”

He felt bad that she didn’t have a good summer. “Sorry about that, Buff. You know how Dad can get.”

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest. “Yeah, but why do I have a feeling that he ditched me for more than just work? Like to spend time with that bimbo secretary of his. Harmony or whatever her name is.”

Angel shook his head. “You don’t know that.”

Buffy gave a short laugh. “I’m not stupid, Angel. He sometimes came home smelling of cheap perfume, and I caught lipstick on his cheek once. He obviously cared more about being around her than his own daughter.”

Angel didn’t know what to say to that, but didn’t have a chance.

“I’m tired; think I might take a nap before dinner. I’m really glad you’re here. Since you went away for college, we don’t get to see you much. It’s not the same around here without you annoying me,” she told him with a smile, then left the kitchen.

Angel watched her go, with a smile of his own. He really did miss his little sister.


* * * * *


A few weeks went by and Spike was becoming more popular at school. All the girls seemed to want him, and he was even making the guys jealous. He didn’t think life could possibly get any better, when he then thought about the girl that he was walking into school with. He was officially dating Cordelia Chase and still couldn’t believe it. Spike hadn’t seen Buffy and the others much because he had been spending a lot of time with his new friends. He was starting to miss them, though.

Cordelia stopped suddenly to look at him. “I have to go to the ladies room. See you in class,” she said, placing a quick kiss on his lips.

Spike couldn’t believe that just happened as he watched her walk away, even if it wasn’t their first kiss. He broke out of his thoughts when he heard a commotion coming from the distance and decided to check it out, only to see a few of his new friends bothering Willow. The same jocks that used to always torture him.

“Come on, baby. I can give it good to you. You need to get laid. It’s not like I’ve never taken a virgin before,” Eric Waters commented.

Tom Bennett, a friend of his, laughed.

They were both popular and on the football team.

“I...I need to get to class,” Willow said shakily, which only caused them to laugh harder.

Xander saw what was going on and wasn’t about to let them get away with it. “Why don’t you jerks just leave her alone? Can’t you pick on someone your own size?”

They both stopped their taunting to turn a glare on the intruder.

“This doesn’t concern you, Harris. Why don’t you go back to your mommy?”

Tom barked out another laugh as if everything his friend said was hilarious.

Xander wouldn’t back down. “She’s my friend, so it does concern me. Seriously, can’t you guys find something better to do with your time?”

Eric grew angry as he got in Xander’s face. “Yeah, how about this?” he said and pulled Xander’s pants down, revealing his smiley face underwear.

They both burst out in laughter and noticed that there seemed to be a bigger audience around them now as everyone started to laugh at the boy’s humiliation.

Xander felt embarrassed at the attention and pulled his pants up.

Eric stopped laughing when he noticed Spike standing close by. “Dude, did you see the look on his face?” he stated as he came over to Spike, putting a hand on his shoulder. “That was priceless.”

Spike looked at the faces of Willow and Xander, then back at Eric. “Yeah, that was good,” he replied, even though he wasn’t really feeling it.

Eric’s smile became even wider. “You bet it was. Let’s get out of here; these losers aren’t even worth it.”

Spike nodded and chose that moment to glance back, but this time it was to see that Buffy was now standing with Willow and Xander. She only shook her head in disappointment, then the three of them walked away. Spike sighed as he watched them go. He then let Eric lead him away, with Tom right behind them. He didn’t hear anything they were saying as they headed to their class. His thoughts were only on Buffy and how hurt she looked.
Chapter 7 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
Trust me, you guys will soon love Spike. He won't be an idiot for much longer. I have to deal with some jealousy first before I get to that. He's going to realize who he wants to be with. I'll make you guys feel better and say that after the next chapter, you won't have to deal with anymore Spike/Cordy. It's frankly making me a little nauseous and they've hardly done anything. I'm just all about the Spuffy. I hope ya'll like this chapter, don't get too worried about the end=)
Chapter 7

Spike knocked on Buffy’s door over the weekend and tried to get her to talk to him. He wouldn’t let her avoid him anymore. She finally opened the door after a few minutes, and didn’t look happy to see him.

“What?” she asked in annoyance.

Spike took a deep breath before he spoke. “Can we talk?”

Buffy shrugged and moved out of the way to let him in the house, closing the door once he was inside. “What do you wanna talk about?”

Spike really wished he could read the expression on her face. “I’m sorry about what happened the other day, but I don’t know why you’re so mad at me.”

Buffy gave a humorless laugh. “You don’t know why I’m mad? Those jerks were making fun of Willow and Xander, who were supposed to be your friends and you just let them.”

Spike shook his head. “There was nothing I could have done.”

Buffy glared at him. “No, that’s where you’re wrong. You claim that those jocks are your friends now. You could have stopped them if you wanted to, but I know why you didn’t. Being popular is the only thing that matters to you right now, you don’t care who it hurts.”

“That’s not true. I do care; I just didn’t want to get in the middle of it. I’m finally someone now, Buffy. They actually acknowledge me when I pass them in the halls. I have a girlfriend for the first time in my life, and I’m actually happy. I was hoping you of all people would understand that. You are the one that helped me with the transformation.”

Buffy let out a sigh. “No, I helped you change on the outside. I’m not responsible for how you’re behaving. I know this is what you want, but you’re starting to turn into one of them. Soon you won’t even know who your real friends are.”

Spike ran his fingers through his hair. “Why are you acting like this? We’re still friends, that hasn’t changed.”

“I don’t even know anymore. I’ve hardly gotten to see you since you’ve been hanging out with them. You don’t sit with us at lunch anymore. This is the first time you’ve stopped by my house in over a week. If I knew that changing your appearance would have changed you this much, I never would have agreed to do it. I helped you because that’s what friends do. I saw how much you wanted Cordelia to like you, so I made that possible. I never knew that you would spend all of your time with them and forget about us,” she finished, tears starting to blur her vision.

“I don’t know what you want me to say, Buffy. I can’t go back to the way I was. I’m sorry, but I just can’t.”

Buffy nodded in understanding. “I didn’t think you would. It’s up to you to figure out what’s more important.”

Spike threw his hands up in the air. “I haven’t done anything wrong. I really thought you would be happy for me. I was hoping you would understand, but I guess I was mistaken,” he claimed and walked out of the house.

Buffy watched him go as the tears streamed down her face. She closed the door and rested her head against it. “I think I understand fine. I turned a sweet guy into a jerk,” she said to herself, then headed upstairs to try and focus on homework.


* * * * *


Buffy was relieved that school was over for the day as she walked to her locker. She got what she needed and was ready to leave the school, when she then saw Spike with Cordelia. He was whispering something in her ear, which made her giggle. Buffy couldn’t help the jealousy that coursed through her, even though this wasn’t her William anymore. She would still always care for him. He then noticed her staring and ignored her as he started to kiss Cordelia. Buffy wondered if he was trying to make her jealous. She shook those thoughts away and turned in the other direction, finally making her way out of the school. She ran her hands through her hair once she was outside, and tried not to cry again. She started to walk home, when a car pulled up next to her. She glanced up to see that it was Parker.

“Hey, you want a ride?”

Buffy thought about it for a second, then thought about William making out with Cordelia. “Yeah, that sounds good,” she said, opening his car door and slipping inside.

Parker looked at her in confusion, not believing that she would have actually taken him up on his offer. “Am I taking you home?”

Buffy shook her head. “No, I don’t want to go home. Take me anywhere else.”

That brought a grin to Parker’s face. “I know just the place,” he told her and drove away from the school.

Buffy just hoped that she wouldn’t regret going with him, but at this point didn’t care. She sat in silence and watched the world pass her by outside the window.

Parker decided to be the one to speak first. “What’s with the long face? You look like someone that just lost a puppy.”

Buffy looked back at him when he spoke. “You could say that. It’s more like I just lost my best friend.”

Parker took on a look of concern. “Sorry to hear about that. It was their loss, whoever they are.”

Buffy gave him a small smile. “Yeah, try telling him that. I just want to forget about him right now. I wanna forget about everything.”

“Don’t worry about that. I have ways to take your mind off of it,” he said, placing his hand on her thigh.

Buffy raised her eyebrows at the gesture. “Both hands on the wheel, Parker.”

He nodded and quickly removed his hand. “Sorry, I just want you to feel better. I still care about you, Buffy. I know that I screwed up, but I’m willing to do whatever I can to make it better. You can trust me,” he explained with a soft smile.

There was something about the look on his face that proved she probably shouldn’t trust him, but all she could think about was William with Cordelia. She took a deep breath and glanced back out the window. Buffy would do whatever she could to forget about him, even if that meant going somewhere with Parker. Anything would be better than dealing with the heartache that her once best friend caused.
Chapter 8 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
Yeah, Parker’s a bastard. I needed a guy that I hated to put in here. He’ll get what’s coming to him, all I’m gonna say. I promise the Spuffy starts in the next chapter. Let’s just say that Spike learns some truths. I wouldn’t leave you guys waiting much longer. I may be evil, but I like to think I’m not that evil=)
Chapter 8

Buffy walked into Parker’s hotel room and looked around.

“Yeah, sorry it’s such a mess. This is my last night here. I figured I should make the best of it and got kinda carried away. I’ll clean up tomorrow before I check out.”

Buffy nodded and didn’t really care about the mess. She wouldn’t be staying there long, anyway. She just didn’t feel like going home.

Parker took his jacket off and threw it on a chair as he gave Buffy a smile, then trailed his fingers down her arms. “I’m glad you’re here, Buffy. I couldn’t stop thinking about you. I want my last night here to be one I’ll never forget.”

Buffy gave him a look. “What did you have in mind?” she wondered, even though she could take a guess.

His smile got even wider at that. “I think you know,” he whispered and moved closer to her, caressing her cheek. He was soon pressing his lips to hers.

Buffy found herself kissing him back. She came to her senses a few seconds later and pulled away from him. “We can’t do this.”

Parker rolled his eyes. “Why not? We were doing fine.”

Buffy shook her head. “It doesn’t feel right, Parker. I would be doing it for the wrong reasons, and I can’t go down that road with you again. What we had was good and you were there when I needed you, but it’s over now. It has to be. I’m...I’m in love with someone else,” she blurted out, even if that someone else didn’t want anything to do with her at the moment.

“It’s just sex, Buffy. It doesn’t have to be anything else,” he claimed and started to nibble on her ear.

Buffy pushed him away. “I want more than just sex. I want a real relationship for once and I know you can’t offer that, so I think I should go,” she said and headed to the door, Parker following after her.

“Okay, we don’t have to do anything. Will you at least let me take you to the Bronze tonight? It being my last night and all, that’s all I ask. You can get out of your house and hopefully forget about everything that’s bothering you.”

Buffy thought about it for a moment and nodded. “All right, that sounds good.”

He smiled. “Good, how about I pick you up in a few hours?”

“That’s fine, but it’s not a date.”

Parker held his hands up. “I wouldn’t think of it. Come on, I’ll take you home.” He grabbed his jacket and walked out of the room, with Buffy behind him.


* * * * *


They entered the Bronze later that night.

Buffy realized that she really didn’t want to be there, but tried to make the best of it.

Parker got them a table and they both sat down. He got up a few seconds later to get them drinks.

Buffy was looking out on the dance floor, when she noticed Spike dancing closely with Cordelia. She really wished he could be somewhere else right about now.

Parker came back to the table and placed the drinks down.

She grabbed him before he could sit. “Let’s dance.”

He only nodded and let her pull him out on the dance floor, not too far from Spike.

Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck, while he wrapped his around her waist.

Parker pulled her closer to him as they both moved to the music.

Buffy glanced up and noticed that Spike was staring at her, then grabbed one of Parker’s hands and placed it on her butt as she danced seductively with him.

Spike glared at them and continued dancing with Cordelia, running his hands all over her body.

Buffy noticed this and did the same with Parker.

He was grinning at Buffy’s antics, knowing that he would get laid before the night was over.

Buffy was starting to feel tired after a while as she looked and noticed that Spike and Cordelia were now making out with each other in the middle of the dance floor. She then couldn’t take anymore. “I’m thirsty; let’s go back to the table.”

Parker nodded, again letting her lead him away and back to their table.

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest once they sat down. She didn’t touch her drink and just continued to watch the other dancers. She saw Spike walk away from Cordelia after a few seconds and figured that he was heading to the bathroom. She looked at Parker. “I’ll be right back.” Buffy didn’t wait for him to respond as she got up and walked away, not noticing the almost angry expression on his face. She reached Spike before he went into the restroom. “So, I see you’re having fun.”

Spike turned to look at her when she spoke. “Yeah, I could say the same about you. Were you actually trying to make me jealous, Buffy?”

She glared at him. “Oh, like you weren’t doing the same thing. God, what happened to you? The William I knew would never act like this.”

Spike suddenly grabbed her arm and pulled her into the bathroom, noticing that it was empty. He locked the door and turned back to her. “The William you knew is dead. I like who I am now and I’m sorry that you have a problem with it. I don’t think anyone else does, especially not the girl I’m with.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Yeah, you really picked a winner there. She’s not even your type. She’s a cheerleader for crying out loud. What can you possibly see in her?”

“That’s not your concern. Why should you even care who I’m dating? If you were any real friend, you would accept her. She’s not so bad once you get to know her, and she at least seems to want to be around me right now, which is more than I can say about some people.”

Buffy had enough and shoved him into the bathroom wall. “Don’t you dare tell me that I don’t want to be around you! You’re the one that chose her over me. Why, William?” she wondered, more tears gathering in her eyes.

Spike was starting to lose his patience. “I don’t know, maybe because I finally felt wanted.”

Buffy couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “I never made you feel that?”

Spike thought about what to tell her. “This is different. This is really feeling wanted as in more than a friend. No one ever noticed me before, Buffy. I was a complete loser. I never could have gotten a girlfriend, or anyone that would love me. That’s all I’ve ever wanted. I want someone to be with, someone that could love me. Who would have ever loved me if I stayed the way I was?”

Buffy then decided that it was time to tell him the truth, no matter the outcome. “Me. I loved you, but I don’t even know who you are anymore.” She opened up the bathroom door and ran back into the club, leaving Spike to stare after her in shock.


* * * * *


She got back to the table and grabbed the drink that was in front of her, taking a long sip from it before slamming it back down. Buffy scrunched up her nose at the taste.

“I think they put too much rum in this.”

Parker smiled at how cute she was when she did that. “It’s never too much, Buffy. You just can’t handle your alcohol.”

Buffy shrugged and took another drink as she did the same thing. There was something really weird about the taste, but she couldn’t seem to care. She wanted to have fun and forget about everything. Buffy was watching the couples on the dance floor for a little while, when she suddenly started to feel really tired. She rubbed her eyes and gazed back at Parker. “I feel weird; I think that rum went straight to my head or something.”

Parker smiled wider as he finished his drink and stood up. He grabbed Buffy’s hand and pulled her up as well, then noticed that her eyes were starting to close. “Come on; let’s get you out of here,” he said, taking her drowsy self out of the Bronze.

Buffy could do nothing but let him.
Chapter 9 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 9

Parker pulled Buffy out to the alley behind the Bronze, where they would have some privacy. He had her against a wall, and saw that she was nearly unconscious.

“I didn’t want it to go this far, but you leave me no choice. I’ll be damned if I’m gonna leave here without getting laid,” he stated and started to kiss her, forcing his tongue in her mouth. He unbuttoned her blouse and saw that she was wearing a white, lace bra. Parker grinned and trailed his lips down her neck. He licked and sucked at her flesh. He didn’t want to waste time with foreplay and quickly unzipped her pants.

“Don’t,” she managed to get out in a whisper.

Parker wasn’t about to stop now. “Sorry about this, baby. I promise to make it real good for you.” He ran his fingers down her arms and was about to kiss her again, but never got the chance as he was suddenly shoved away from her.

“You won’t be touching her, mate,” Spike spat after he saw what Parker was about to do with Buffy.

Parker glared at him for interrupting. “This has nothing to do with you, man. This is between me and my girl, so why don’t you just get lost?”

Spike glared back at him and looked at Buffy, who was now on the floor since Parker wasn’t there to hold her up. He then grew angrier. “Doesn’t look like she’s enjoying herself, does it?” Spike lost all control he had left as he grabbed Parker by his jacket and got in his face. “What the hell did you to do to her?”

Parker actually felt fear now. “I didn’t do anything, just slipped her a little something to get her to relax. I was doing her a favor.”

Spike gave a harsh laugh at that. “Well, let me thank you for that,” he said, pulling back his fist and punching Parker right in the face.

He fell back and held his now injured nose.

“You’re lucky that’s all you’re getting. You better hope that she’s okay,” Spike said in a dangerous tone, then ignored Parker and went over to Buffy. He put his finger under her chin and lifted her head to get a better look at her. He saw that she was unconscious, and that her shirt was open. He felt pure rage go through him at the thought of that wanker’s hands on Buffy. He buttoned her back up and lifted her into his arms. Spike glanced at Parker one last time and held Buffy tighter. “If I see you around here again, you will regret it,” he claimed, then carried Buffy over to his car. He gently set her down inside once he got the passenger door open, then got in on the driver’s side. He really hoped that his uncle would know what to do.


* * * * *


Spike carried Buffy into his house and called for his uncle as he placed her on the couch.

Giles came down the stairs at that moment, looking just as concerned when he saw Buffy. “Good lord, what happened?”

Spike looked at him. “I’m not sure. I think this git put something in her drink. I couldn’t get much out of him. I know how she is about hospitals, so I decided to bring her here. I didn’t know what else to do. You used to be a doctor, can you help her?”

Giles could see the fear in his nephew’s eyes. He walked over to Buffy to get a closer look at her. “I think it’s best if you move her upstairs to the guest room. I’ll see what I can do.”

Spike nodded and did as he was told. He carried Buffy into the guest room and laid her down on the bed. He brushed some hair out of her face and moved out of the way when Giles came in. Spike prayed that she would be okay. He didn’t know what he would do if anything happened to her.


* * * * *


Spike was waiting downstairs for his uncle, who seemed to be taking a long time. He ran his fingers through his hair, when Giles finally walked into the living room. Spike got off of the couch and headed over to him.

“Will she be okay?” he wondered with concern.

Giles nodded. “Yes, I believe she only took a sleeping pill. It may have been more than one that was crushed into her drink and with alcohol, that could be dangerous. I’m sure she will be fine. It might be hours before she awakes, though.”

Spike felt a little relieved at what he was saying. “I’m going to sit with her. Someone should be there when she wakes up.”

Giles agreed. “That’s a good idea. I will call Joyce to let her know that Buffy’s all right.”

Spike nodded and made his way upstairs to the guest room, where Buffy was sleeping peacefully. He pulled a chair over to the bed and sat down as he watched her. He moved closer and held her hand in his, giving it a comforting squeeze. “I’m sorry about this, love. I’m sorry about everything that happened. I never should have let you walk away. I never should have let you go back to him. You know, you were making me bloody crazy when I saw you dancing with that ponce.” He caressed her cheek. “What were you even doing with him? You’re better than him. You’re better than me,” he whispered the last part, feeling even more ashamed for the way he acted. “You’ll be okay, Buffy. I’ll be right here when you decide to wake up.” Spike tried to make himself more comfortable, which wasn’t that easy in a chair. He got in a good enough position and soon drifted off to sleep, with his hand still clutching hers.
Chapter 10 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
Did you guys really think I would be done with Parker? There will be more with him later. I hope you guys would like the start of my Spuffy goodness, but that doesn't mean the angst is over. Things will be fine with them, so you don't have to worry about that. Hope ya'll like this chapter=)
Chapter 10

Buffy awoke with a huge headache. She knew it had to be more than a hangover. She tried to get her eyes to adjust and glanced around at her surroundings. She didn’t know where she was, until her eyes rested on Spike asleep in a chair. She had to smile at how innocent he looked, and that caused her head to hurt even more as she let out a groan.

Spike then woke up and looked at her. He rubbed his tired eyes and gave a small smile. “Hey, how do you feel?” he asked softly.

“My head hurts. What happened?” she wondered.

“Do you remember anything?”

Buffy thought about it and nodded. “I remember going to the Bronze with Parker, and then watching you with Cordelia.” She shut her eyes as the memories came back to her, then opened them again to look at him. “We talked and I went back to Parker. I remember drinking a rum and coke, but I didn’t have that much. I think I remember Parker taking me outside, but it’s all kinda fuzzy after that. How did I get here?”

Spike took in a deep breath. “I brought you here, pet. I found you outside the Bronze with Parker and it looked like he was trying to...rape you. We think he put sleeping pills in your drink. So, I hit him and brought you here.”

Buffy closed her eyes again and started to remember more of what happened. She remembered being really out of it and Parker’s hands on her. She cringed at what could have happened if Spike didn’t show up when he did. “It’s a good thing you were there, then.”

Spike nodded and was once again grateful he got to her when he did. He stood up and placed a kiss on her forehead. “You should probably get some more rest, Buffy. Your mum knows you’re here. I’ll tell my uncle that you’re better.” He started to walk away, but Buffy’s voice stopped him.

“Do you love her?”

Spike turned back at her question, and didn’t even have to ask who she was talking about. “No, I don’t know her well enough. I just like talking to her. I’m actually in love with someone else,” he said the last part as he looked away from her and when he looked back, he noticed that Buffy was once again fast asleep. He figured she was still exhausted. Spike gave her a small smile and went to her side, planting another kiss on her forehead. “I love you, Buffy,” he whispered and left the room, heading downstairs to tell Giles that she was okay.


* * * * *


Buffy was back in school a few days later after taking a bit of a break. She went back to Parker’s hotel to discover that he checked out, and she was really praying that he went back to LA. She hoped that he would forget about her and not come back. Buffy hadn’t seen Spike since she left his house and really hoped that things were okay with them. She was heading to her locker and stopped when she noticed Spike and Cordelia again. This time it looked like they were just having a conversation, instead of making out. It was still hard for Buffy to watch. She turned and walked in the other direction, making her way outside for some air. She decided to walk around for a bit and was too far lost in her thoughts to notice that someone was calling her name. Buffy then felt someone grab her arm and turn her around suddenly. She was surprised at the sight of Spike, even more surprised when he pressed his lips to hers. Buffy didn’t know what was happening, but she started to return the kiss.

He pulled away after a moment because they both needed to breathe.

Buffy stared into his eyes.

Spike tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “I couldn’t let you get away this time.”

Buffy was still in a state of shock. She found her voice a few seconds later. “Did...Did you just kiss me?”

Spike smiled at her. “Nothing gets by you.”

She finally came out of her daze and slapped him on the arm. “Don’t be a smart ass. Why did you do that?”

Spike shrugged and hoped that she did want him to kiss her. “Seemed like a good thing to do at the time.”

She crossed her arms over her chest.

Spike knew he would have to say more than that. “I’ve wanted to do that for a long time now. I’ve been in love with you since I first met you, Buffy. I never thought you would have ever noticed me then. I’m so sorry that I hurt you.”

Buffy’s eyes widened at his declaration. “You love me?”

Spike grasped her hand in his and gave it a squeeze. “More than anything,” he replied.

Buffy smiled. “I love you, too. I’ve wanted to tell you for a while now, but then you started acting like a jerk.”

Spike flinched at that and really regretted his actions.

Buffy felt worried when a thought occurred to her. “What about Cordelia?”

Spike saw the fear on her face and had to make things right. “I just broke up with her. I realized that she wasn’t the one I wanted to be with.”

Buffy wrapped her arms around him, feeling beyond relieved.

Spike reciprocated the embrace and kissed the top of her head. It felt so right having Buffy in his arms. He knew that he finally made the right decision.
Chapter 11 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
A little time has passed from the last chapter; I needed to get things moving. I hope you guys like it=)
Chapter 11

Buffy smiled when she opened her door and let Spike in. She didn’t even get any words out as his lips crushed hers in a passionate kiss. She was breathless when he finally pulled away.

“Wow, we should say hello like that every day.”

Spike smiled as well and closed the door. “I think we do.”

Buffy agreed as they moved to the living room and prepared for another movie night. They had been dating for a few months now, and things couldn’t be better. William kept his look and the name, but he went back to being the sweet guy that he always was. He decided that he didn’t care all that much about being popular and started sitting with them at lunch again.

Cordelia actually took the break up pretty well. What surprised everyone the most was when she suddenly started to date Xander. No one could have seen that one coming. She was still pretty popular, even though she had been hanging out with them more.

Willow started dating Oz, who was in a band and she couldn’t be happier. She never had a boyfriend before, and still found it hard to believe that a musician would be interested in her.

Everyone was just full of surprises lately.

The weirdest of all would have to be about two weeks ago when Buffy’s mother, Joyce, started to see Giles. Buffy and Spike were beyond shocked when they walked into her house to find them in a serious make out session. Not to mention severely scarred for life. They tried not to let it bother them and just wanted the adults to be happy. It wouldn’t ruin what they had with each other. They would just appreciate it if they never had to walk in on that again, so the adults have been extra careful.

Spike and Buffy were still only in the making out phase of their relationship.

Buffy had a lot of bad sexual experiences in the past, and this was the first time that she’d been in a real relationship that didn’t involve sex. She knew William was a virgin, and that he was probably scared of taking their relationship to the next level, so she would wait for as long as he needed. She was finally in a real relationship and didn’t want to do anything to ruin that. She was resting her head against his shoulder, trying not to fall asleep as the movie ended.

Spike looked at her and kissed the top of her head. “I think someone should get to bed,” he whispered to her.

Buffy shook her head. “Not sleepy,” she replied, letting out a yawn.

He had to smile at how adorable she was. “Look sleepy to me. Come on, pet. Up you go.” He pulled her off of the couch and noticed that she wasn’t really cooperating, so he then picked her up and carried her up the stairs and into her room.

Buffy didn’t even protest and just rested her head against his chest.

Spike placed her on the bed when they got to her room and covered her with the blanket. He was about to walk away, when he felt her hand on his arm.

“Stay with me?” she pleaded.

Spike could only nod, even though it probably wasn’t a good idea. He lay down next to her and wrapped his arms around her petite frame.

Buffy moved closer to him and rested her head back on his chest. She decided to break the sudden silence a moment later. “Will?”

He glanced down and saw that she was trying very hard to stay awake. “Yeah, pet?”

Buffy shut her eyes before answering. “I love you.”

Spike would never get tired of hearing that. “I love you, too.” He noticed that she was already asleep and pressed a kiss to her forehead, then made himself more comfortable and soon followed her in slumber.


* * * * *


Spike entered his house the next day, with a smile on his face. It quickly vanished once he saw that his uncle was waiting for him.

“I’m glad you decided to come home.”

He shrugged. “I was at Buffy’s. Sorry I forgot to call, didn’t think it was a big deal.”

Giles took his glasses off to clean them. “I understand that you’re not a child anymore, William. You may be eighteen-years-old, but that doesn’t mean I don’t worry about you, and that you shouldn’t call me when you are going to be out all night.”

Spike nodded and started to feel guilty. “You’re right, I’m sorry. I wasn’t planning on staying, but we ended up falling asleep after the movie. It won’t happen again.”

Giles nodded as well. “I should hope not. You know I think Buffy is a lovely girl, but I don’t like the idea of you being alone with her when Joyce is out of town.”

“We didn’t do anything, uncle. I promise we only slept,” Spike replied.

“I believe you. I just want you to be careful.”

Spike had a feeling he knew what Giles meant by being careful, but didn’t feel comfortable discussing that with the older man. “I know what I’m doing. I think I’ll just go upstairs and get more rest, didn’t get much last night.”

Giles stopped him before he could reach the stairs. “I thought you said that all you did was sleep.”

Spike blushed as he avoided his uncle’s stare. “It’s hard to focus on sleeping with Buffy next to you.”

Giles smiled at his nephew’s obvious feelings for the young woman. “You really love her, don’t you?”

Spike felt a little shy at the question, but couldn’t deny it. “More than I ever thought I could love anything. She’s a bloody angel. I’m still finding it hard to believe that a gorgeous girl like her could want me, even before my change. I was so stupid to think that I could ever want anyone else. This one is it.”

Giles was a bit surprised, having no idea he felt that strongly for Buffy. “Don’t you think it’s a bit soon to be thinking that?”

Spike shook his head. “She’s my entire world, there’s no way I would ever give her up. This is the one that I’m going to marry, when that time comes. I’m not in any real hurry.”

Giles sighed in relief. “Well, that’s good to know. I’m glad you’re happy, William. You definitely deserve it.”

Spike gave his uncle one more smile before finally making his way up the stairs.

Giles watched him go and had to let a smile of his own form on his lips. His nephew was all grown up now. Soon he would move out, get married, and have a family of his own. Giles then took a deep breath and gazed up at the ceiling. “I hope you’re proud of your son, my dear sister. He is really growing up to be a fine young man.” He glanced back to the stairs and smiled again, knowing that he was somewhat responsible for the way William turned out.
Chapter 12 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 12

Spike walked into the self defense class to pick Buffy up. He noticed a lot of mats on the floor and a lot of the kids were starting to leave. He finally found Buffy sparring with a taller man and couldn’t help watching her. She started taking self defense a month ago because she wanted to be able to defend herself better. You never knew when you would need it. She looked amazing as she was blocking all of his punches.

Buffy lifted up her leg and kicked the man hard in the chest, which sent him crashing to the floor. She gasped in surprise and put her hand over her mouth. “God, I’m so sorry. Guess I don’t know my own strength sometimes,” she said, removing her hand.

He stood up and rubbed his chest. “It’s nothing, I’ve dealt with worse.”

Buffy felt a little better, then finally took notice of Spike standing there. She flashed him a bright smile and headed over to him. “Did you see me? I was totally kicking ass!” she exclaimed and turned back to her instructor, with an apologetic look on her face. “Sorry about that.”

“Don’t worry about it, Buffy. You’ve come very far and should be proud of your accomplishment. So, you must be William?” he said, focusing now on Spike.

“Yeah, who might you be?” he wondered.

“I’m Riley Finn, I teach this self defense class. I was just giving Buffy some extra pointers, but I don’t think she needs them.”

Buffy smiled at him. “Yeah, after only a month of class, I’m ready to take on anyone,” she stated, then noticed the two men giving her strange looks. “Well, not that I would. You know, because violence is bad. It’s wrong, big no to violence.”

Spike smiled in return and planted a kiss on the top of her head. “Come on, love. I better get you home.”

She nodded and went to grab her stuff.

“Great moves today, Buffy,” Riley told her.

Buffy gave him another smile. “Thanks, I’ll see you next week,” she said, then walked away with Spike.

Riley watched the young couple and smiled as well, then snatched his cell phone to call his wife.


* * * * *


Buffy pushed Spike against the front door when they got to her house. She attacked his mouth in a passionate kiss.

He returned the kiss, until breathing became an issue. “Buffy, don’t you think we should wait until we get inside?”

Buffy nodded and opened the door, then pulled him in behind her. She slammed the door shut and pushed him back against it. “My mom won’t be home for hours,” she whispered seductively, smashing her lips to his again. She ran her hands down his chest and stopped once she reached his jeans, then cupped his crotch and squeezed.

Spike started to breathe more heavily, pulling his mouth away from hers. “Jesus, Buffy. What’s gotten into you?”

Buffy took a step back when she realized what was happening. She forgot for a second that he wasn’t like the other guys. William would never have sex with her against a door. She forgot that he was a virgin for a second, and gazed into his eyes to see confusion there. “I’m sorry, I got carried away.”

Spike nodded in understanding. “It’s okay, I guess that happens. Are you all right?”

Buffy let out a sigh. “Yeah, I’m fine. I’m just not used to this.”

“Not used to what?” he wondered.

She threw her hands up in the air. “I don’t know, all of this. I’m not used to being in an actual relationship. The guys that I’ve been involved with in the past usually only wanted sex. I have to remember that you’re different.”

Spike wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. “I am different, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think about sex. I think about that every bloody day, being with you like that. It would be everything to me, but I’m worried. I’m worried that it won’t be good enough for you. I don’t exactly have any experience in that area.”

Buffy couldn’t believe he thought that. “William, you would be amazing. I already know that. The first guy I was ever intimate with told me that it was nothing the next day. I used to think that I wasn’t good enough. I don’t want you to think that you aren’t good enough. When it happens with us, it will be amazing.”

Spike smiled and kissed her tenderly on the lips. His smile suddenly turned into a frown when he registered the rest of what she said. “Wait, you never told me about that. Who was this guy?”

Buffy shrugged. “It was a while ago, before I met you. It’s not important now. That’s all in the past, what matters now is the present and future.” She was about to walk away, but Spike grabbed her arm and pulled her back to him.

“I wish I could have been your first,” he claimed softly.

Buffy felt tears in her eyes, but held them back. “So do I, but I’ll get to be your first.”

Spike tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “You’ll get to be my only.”

Buffy smiled and gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

He then gazed deeply into her green eyes. “I think I’m ready for that, Buffy.”

She took on a look of surprise, clearly not expecting that. “Are you sure? I don’t want you to think that you have to do this. We don’t have to rush into anything.”

“I’ve never been so sure about anything in my life.”

Buffy graced him with another smile and grasped his hand in hers. “Let’s go to my room.”

Spike only nodded and couldn’t think of anything else to say as he let Buffy lead him to her room. He knew that he was doing the right thing. He was going to be with the woman he loved in every way possible. Spike smiled and realized that his dream was finally coming true as Buffy pulled him into her room and closed the door.
Chapter 13 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 13

Spike woke up from a peaceful sleep and glanced next to him to find Buffy still sleeping. He smiled as he looked at her, placing a kiss to the top of her head.

Buffy then opened her eyes to see Spike staring at her. She gave him a smile. “Morning, how’d you sleep?”

“Best sleep I’ve ever had. Last night was amazing, Buffy. You’re amazing,” he whispered, brushing some hair out of her face.

“There’s plenty more where that came from,” she claimed and swiftly got on top of him, pinning his arms above his head.

“You’re not serious,” he said in awe.

Buffy moved her lips to his ear. “I don’t tire easily,” she whispered and nibbled on his earlobe, finding that was a sensitive spot for him.

Spike closed his eyes and let out a breath. “I’ve died and gone to Heaven. I mean it, Buffy. You’re bloody going to kill me.”

Buffy laughed and looked down at him. “I think that’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me,” she admitted, then moved back to his ear to continue what she started.

Spike shut his eyes again at the sensations that went through him.

She then lightly bit his ear.

Spike moaned in pure bliss. “Bloody hell, do that again.”

Buffy grinned and did as she was told.

“Harder, baby,” he whispered harshly.

Buffy could do nothing except obey him. She had to admit that she really liked this side of William. She liked the fact that she could do this to him.

“God, Buffy. Don’t stop.”

Buffy started to trail her lips down his neck, then reached his chest. She licked and sucked every area of his chest that she could.

Spike threw his head back to gaze up at the ceiling.

Buffy then moved further down his body.

Spike’s eyes widened when he realized what she was going to do, but did nothing to stop her.


* * * * *


Buffy and Spike walked into school the next day together, both feeling very pleased with themselves. They joined their friends in the cafeteria and sat down, with big smiles on their faces. They tried to act normal, but couldn’t fool everyone.

“You had sex, didn’t you?”

They both pulled away from each other at Cordelia’s sudden question.

“How do you do that?”

Cordelia rolled her eyes. “Come on, Buffy. I think I would know when someone had sex or not. I’m good at that. So, how was it?” she asked them with a grin.

Spike blushed under her gaze. He sometimes forgot that he used to date her.

“That’s kinda personal, Cordy,” Buffy told her.

They had actually become pretty good friends; neither of them would ever have expected that to happen.

“It’s just a simple question, Buffy. I pretty much already know about you doing every guy on the football team.”

They all looked at the blonde now, with shocked expressions on their faces.

It was Buffy’s turn to roll her eyes. “That so didn’t happen. Ben told everyone I did because I wouldn’t sleep with him. I’m not that easy.”

Spike grew angry that someone could spread lies about her. He then wondered why he didn’t know about that, but decided not to say anything.

“That’s horrible, why didn’t you tell them the truth?” Willow wondered.

Buffy shrugged. “People will believe what they want to. I just choose to ignore it. As long as I know the truth, that’s all that matters. And you guys wonder why I hardly ever deal with high school boys?”

Spike had something to say to that. “Right, I suppose dealing with college blokes that try to rape you is so much better?”

They were all surprised by his comment, including Spike himself.

Buffy looked at him, with a soft expression on her face. “Not all high school boys are bad. I just always tend to make the wrong decisions, until now,” she said, taking his hand in hers.

“Sorry about that, love. I just get angry knowing about what could have happened to you,” he explained.

“Let’s not worry about that, okay? I’m fine, and Parker will hopefully not show his face around here again.”

Spike nodded and really prayed that she was right.


* * * * *


Buffy walked out of school at the end of the day and waited for Spike. She was lost in her thoughts, when someone snuck up behind her and placed their hands over her eyes.

“Guess who?” he whispered in her ear.

Buffy pretended to think about it. “Oh, I know this one. Is it Justin Timberlake? He’s so hot,” she claimed in her best fan girl voice.

Spike removed his hands and turned her around to face him. “That wanker has nothing on me.”

Buffy gave him a smile. “You’re right about that,” she said, kissing him on the lips.

“You don’t really like him, do you?” he wondered with a pout.

Buffy rolled her eyes, but had to admit that he was really cute when he did that. “Please, I’m more of a Tom Cruise girl,” she said with a wink, then laughed as Spike grabbed her and pulled her closer to him.

“You’re my girl.”

Buffy lost the smile on her face. “Always,” she replied.

Spike felt relieved and gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

Buffy pulled away to look at him, with the smile back on her face. “I have to admit, I like when you get all possessive like that. It’s really sexy.”

Spike kissed her again, moving his lips to her ear. “There’s plenty more where that came from, baby.”

Buffy felt chills up and down her spine. She loved this side of him. It was a real turn on. “Okay, I’m seriously horny right now,” she stated, pulling him over to his car. “The sooner you take me home, the sooner you can take me.”

Spike was stunned into silence, then shook his head. “You expect for me to be able to drive after that?”

Buffy shrugged. “I can drive.”

That seemed to be all he needed. “Oh, I don’t think so. There’s no way you’re driving my baby, Summers.”

Buffy gave him a pout.

“That won’t work this time. Come on, let’s get out of here. You’re going to get it for making me uncomfortable.”

Buffy glanced down at his crotch to see why he was uncomfortable, then got in his car. “You know, I can take care of that for you now,” she said seductively.

Spike took a deep breath. “I would like to get there alive. No distractions,” he replied and closed her door, walking over to his side and getting in. He started up the car, then made the mistake of looking at Buffy, who was licking her lips. He turned away from her and drove out of the school parking lot. She was definitely going to be the death of him, but what a way to go.
Chapter 14 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
I hope you guys won’t get too mad with me about the upcoming chapters. I had to deal with a little more angst. No worries, things always tend to work out in my world=)
Chapter 14

A few weeks went by and Buffy couldn’t remember ever being so happy before. She had a wonderful boyfriend, and things were getting better for her at school. She was walking home by herself because Spike had to stay after school to tutor someone. She was glad that he still did that, it proved that he would always be William. Buffy was minding her own business, when she was suddenly pushed from behind and slammed into a wall. She turned around to see who her attacker was, rolling her eyes at the sight of Parker.

“Great, this is just what I needed. What are you doing here?”

He grinned. “I’m here to see you. I decided to wait a while before coming back, to give you some time.”

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest. “Time for what?” she wondered in irritation.

“Time to realize that I’m the guy you want.”

Buffy laughed. “You’re kidding me, right? You try to force yourself on me, and you expect me to take you back? I’m just wondering, Parker. What delusional world are you living in?”

Parker felt enraged and grabbed her by the shoulders. “You don’t really have a choice.”

Buffy shoved him away from her. “You really don’t want to touch me,” she spat harshly.

Parker barked out a laugh. “What are you going to do?”

Buffy didn’t like that he was laughing at her and brought her knee up into his groin.

He groaned in pain and clutched his privates.

Buffy shook her head. “I tried to warn you,” she claimed and didn’t take notice of the fact that someone snuck up behind her, until she felt something hard hit her on the back of her head. She didn’t get to see who it was as she fell to the ground.

Parker looked up at the man and smirked, his pain forgotten. “Thanks, you’re right on time,” he remarked, staring at Buffy’s unconscious body.

“Let’s just get out of here,” the man replied, picking Buffy up and throwing her over his shoulder. He shoved her in the back of a nearby van, then got in after her.

Parker went to the driver’s side and got in as well, then started the vehicle and drove to his destination.


* * * * *


Spike was in his room reading a book for class, when there was a sudden knock on his door. He glanced up to see his uncle walk in, with a worried expression on his face.

“What is it?” he wondered.

“I talked to Joyce. She wanted to know if you’ve seen Buffy.”

Spike raised his eyebrows in confusion. “Not since school. I had to stay after for a while. She was going to walk home.”

Giles was afraid of that. “Apparently she never made it home. Joyce has been worried out of her mind.”

Spike was just as worried and quickly stood up. “I’m going to look for her,” he said, walking by Giles and out of the house.


* * * * *


He searched everywhere for Buffy, and wasn’t having any luck. Spike checked the Bronze and any other place where she would hang out. He even asked Willow and Xander, but they hadn’t seen her since school either. Spike was beyond worried now. He decided to head over to her house to see if she made it back, praying that she did. He knocked on the door once he arrived there and a worried Joyce opened it. The look on her face proved that Buffy wasn’t home.

“Hello, Joyce. Have you heard anything from her?”

She shook her head and let Spike into the house. “No, I haven’t. Buffy wouldn’t just not come home like this. If she was going to be late, she would have called.”

Spike nodded in agreement. “I know. I’ve looked everywhere and I don’t know where she could be. Do you think something could have happened to her?”

Joyce’s worried expression soon became that of a scared one. “Oh god, do you think someone could have kidnapped her?”

Spike really regretted what he said at the look of fear in her eyes. “I don’t know why anyone would want to. I’m sure she just lost track of time somewhere,” he amended, trying to reassure her.

Joyce wouldn’t believe that. “I have this bad feeling. It’s a mother’s intuition, I know something bad happened. If anything happens to my baby, I don’t know what I would do,” she claimed and took a seat on the couch, tears soon forming in her eyes.

Spike sat down next to her. “I’m sure she’s fine, Joyce. Buffy can handle herself.”

Joyce nodded and knew that he was right, but was still scared for her daughter.

They both remained silent after that, when there was another knock on the door.

Joyce instantly stood up to answer it. She saw the dark haired man standing out there and couldn’t stop the tears from falling. “Oh, honey. I’m so glad you’re here,” she stated, clinging to him in desperation.

He returned the embrace and moved into the house. “Of course I’m here, Mom. I came as soon as I got your message.”

They broke out of the hug and headed back into the living room.

“I didn’t mean to disturb you at college, Angel. I know how busy you are.”

He shook his head. “Don’t worry about it. Have you heard anything from Buffy?”

Joyce shook her head as well. “I don’t know where she is.”

Angel seemed to just take notice of the man that was sitting on his mother’s couch.

Joyce calmed down for a second to introduce them. “William, this is Buffy’s brother Angel,” she said, then turned back to her son. “He’s Buffy’s boyfriend.”

Angel nodded and held his hand out to the blond man. “It’s nice to meet you.”

Spike got up to shake his hand. “It’s nice to meet you, too.”

They pulled away and went back to being worried about Buffy’s disappearance.

Giles joined them about a half an hour later, and there was still no news on Buffy.

Joyce couldn’t take anymore after waiting for what seemed to be forever, deciding to call the police. She knew that they probably wouldn’t start searching until she was at least gone for twenty-four hours, but Joyce couldn’t sit around and wait any longer. She had to do something. After the call was made and the police assured her that they would look into it, she sat back down with the others. Joyce glanced up at the ceiling and prayed that her little girl was all right, wherever she was.
Chapter 15 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
Did you guys really think I would leave you waiting that long? I really like how this chapter turned out, it's something different from me. No worries again, I wouldn't let anything really bad happen. I have to deal with my 22nd birthday tomorrow, among other things. So, I probably won't be able to update until Monday. I'm sure you guys can wait a few days. I hope you like this chapter until then=)
Chapter 15

Buffy slowly woke up, with a pounding inside her skull. She looked around and saw that she was on a bed that appeared to be in a hotel room. She rubbed her aching head and tried to get her eyes to adjust better. She didn’t know where she was, when she suddenly heard a familiar voice.

“Sleeping beauty finally awakes.”

Buffy glared daggers at Parker.

“Has anyone told you that you’re cute when you’re sleeping?” he said with a smile.

Buffy wanted to smack it off of his face. She couldn’t believe she actually slept with that guy. “Has anyone told you that you’re an asshole?”

Parker touched his chest. “You wound me, Summers. You always were feisty, that’s what I love about you.” He moved closer to her and sat down on the bed. “We’re going to have some fun,” he whispered, slipping his hand under her shirt to caress her skin.

Buffy grabbed his hand and gave it a twist. “I bet you’re wishing that you would have tied me up, huh?”

Parker only laughed and pulled his hand away from her. “No worries, the bondage fun will come later,” he stated with a wink, touching her cheek.

Buffy jerked away from him.

He wouldn’t allow that and forced her to look back at him. “Now, that wasn’t very nice. I’m gonna show you what you’ve been missing.”

Buffy was about to respond with a nasty retort, but never got the chance as another man entered the room. She didn’t recognize him and figured he was the one that knocked her out.

“Good, I see she’s awake.”

Parker turned his attention on him now. “Yeah, nothing can keep my girl out for long. What took you so long, Lindsey?”

The man she now knew as Lindsey shrugged his shoulders. Who would name their son that, anyway?

“I had to make sure this place was safe,” he said and walked closer to Buffy, looking her up and down. “She sure is a pretty one. I have to admire you for your taste, Abrams.”

Parker smiled at the comment.

Lindsey’s eyes then turned cold as he gazed at Buffy, smacking her hard across the face.

She was stunned and touched her stinging cheek.

Parker looked just as surprised.

Lindsey couldn’t seem to care. “You have your perfect brother to thank for that, sweetheart. This would be my little revenge.”

Buffy removed her hand and stared at him, trying not to show that she was afraid. “You know Angel?”

Lindsey laughed harshly at her question. “You could say that. Your bastard of a brother has taken everything from me, including my girl. Everyone thinks Angel is so perfect. Well, not anymore. Darla was mine and he took her from me,” he spat, grabbing Buffy roughly by the shoulders. He gave her a sinister grin. “You’re mine now, baby. We’ll see what Angel thinks when I screw your brains out and then leave your dead, bruised body on his doorstep to find.”

Buffy started to feel her eyes tear up.

Parker put a hand on the angry man’s arm. “Dude, you didn’t say anything about killing her.”

Lindsey turned a cold gaze on Parker now. “Change of plans. I’ll make Angel pay in the worst way possible,” he claimed, focusing back on Buffy. “That would be you, honey.” He lightly caressed her cheek. “Angel loves his little sister, doesn’t he? It would kill him if anything was to happen to her.” Lindsey brushed the hair out of her face and took her bottom lip into his mouth, biting on it enough to bleed. “Let the games begin.” He moved away from her and looked back at Parker. “Take her clothes off. I’ll get the rope to tie her up with.”

Parker nodded and walked over to Buffy, who tried to get away from him.

“This will hurt less if you don’t struggle.”

Buffy didn’t know what else to do and suddenly let out a bloodcurdling scream, hoping that someone would hear her.

Parker panicked and clapped his hand over her mouth. “You shouldn’t have done that.”

Buffy bit down hard.

Parker yelled in pain and ripped his hand off of her.

Buffy used the distraction to her advantage and kicked him hard in the abdomen, knocking him away from her. He fell to the floor and she got off of the bed. Buffy let her anger and fear take control as she continued to kick him. “You don’t ever touch me!” she yelled. Something hard suddenly ran into her, pulling her away from Parker. She looked up to notice that she was face to face with a very angry Lindsey.

“You’re gonna regret that, you little bitch,” he spat, punching her hard in the face.

Buffy fell against the wall.

Lindsey prowled over to her. “I have no problem hitting little girls.”

Buffy scowled at him. “That’s probably why your girlfriend left you. My brother is a better man than you could ever be.”

Lindsey felt pure rage and grabbed her by the shirt. “We’ll see about that,” he said, pulling a knife out of his pocket and holding it towards her. “You’re really starting to annoy me. I may just go straight to the killing part.”

She winced as he traced the sharp blade down her arm.

“Let’s see if you’re a screamer. Well, I guess you already proved that.”

Buffy was finding it hard to get away, he was too strong. She then heard a sudden noise and noticed something crash over Lindsey’s head.

He fell to the floor unconscious.

Buffy sighed in relief and glanced up at her savior, not expecting who she saw. “Riley?”

He turned his gaze on her after making sure that Lindsey wouldn’t be getting up. “Are you okay?”

Buffy nodded. “How did you know where I was?” she wondered.

Riley gave her a genuine smile. “I followed after I saw them take you. I made a call before I got here.”

A dark haired woman entered the hotel room, followed by a few other men.

The men grabbed Lindsey and Parker, putting handcuffs on them and taking them out of there.

The woman headed over to Buffy and Riley. “Don’t worry about them, Buffy. They’ll be taken care of.”

Buffy wondered how she knew her, but didn’t have to wonder for long.

“This is Sam, my wife. I told her about you,” Riley explained.

Buffy nodded and smiled at the woman. “It’s nice to meet you.”

Sam nodded as well.

Buffy didn’t know much about Riley’s wife. She only knew that the other woman was a police officer, and Buffy was very grateful to them both right now.

Sam turned her attention on her husband. “I should head back, get this taken care of. Why don’t you take Buffy home?”

Riley agreed. “Sure, it’s no problem.”

Sam glanced back at Buffy. “When you feel up to it, I may need you to come down to the station to answer a few questions.”

Buffy nodded again. “Yeah, I can do that.”

Sam gave Buffy one more smile and quickly kissed her husband, then left to head back to the station.

Riley gazed at Buffy. “Come on; let’s get you out of here.”

They both left the hotel room and headed to his car.

Buffy looked at him once she got situated in the car. “That self defense class really paid off.”

Riley smiled at her. “Glad to hear it,” he replied, then started the car and drove away.
Chapter 16 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
I'm sure you guys weren't expecting Riley to be the hero. That’s why I did it. Spike is always saving her, and I wanted to do something different. I know some of you probably don’t like Riley, but you’re gonna have to deal with the fact that he’s a good guy in this. I actually like him, and I don’t like always seeing him as the bad guy in fictions. I’m glad you guys could wait patiently for this chapter. It was only a few days after all. Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was definitely one I’ll never forget. I ended up getting in my first car accident and that part was not fun. I’m just glad no one was seriously hurt. I just banged my knee, but it could have been a lot worse. If I didn't hate cars before, I definitely do now. Drunk drivers make this world a really dangerous place, all I have to say. Anyway, I hope ya’ll like this chapter. Happy 4th of July=)
Chapter 16

Joyce and the others were relieved when Buffy was brought home safely. Joyce thanked Riley a few times and gave him a hug, which took him by surprise. They were all grateful to him. He left a little while later and told Buffy that he would see her at the next class.

Buffy explained to everyone about what happened once Riley was gone.

Angel was angry when he found out about Lindsey’s part in it, and was just glad that Buffy didn’t get really hurt.

Spike hugged Buffy like he never wanted to let her go and knew that he should have done more damage to Parker. He was just glad that the ponce was taken away.

They were upstairs in Buffy’s room lying on her bed later that night, both not saying anything.

Buffy noticed the angry expression on her boyfriend’s face. “Are you okay?”

Spike looked at her and gently caressed her cheek, where there was a bruise. “I hate this,” he stated in a low voice. “I hate any bloke that thinks he can beat on a woman. They give all of us a bad name.”

Buffy took his hand off of her cheek and held it in hers. “You’re one of the good ones, William. I’m so glad I found you.”

Spike was touched as he leaned closer to her and placed a kiss on her lips. He pulled away after a moment and pressed his forehead to hers. “What did I ever do without you? I mean that, Buffy. I was nothing before you. I love you so much,” he whispered fondly.

It was Buffy’s turn to feel touched. “I love you, too. I always have.”

Spike kissed her again, when there was a knock on the door. He pulled away as Joyce walked into the room.

She smiled at the couple. “I just wanted to let you two know that I will be going to bed now. Your father already left, William. I suppose you’ll be staying over tonight.” It wasn’t a question.

Spike felt embarrassed and nodded. “Yes, if that would be all right. I could just sleep on the couch.”

Joyce shook her head. “That won’t be necessary. You can stay in here as long as you both promise that nothing will happen,” she said in her best motherly voice.

Buffy nodded in response. “We’ll be good, Mom.”

Joyce accepted her daughter’s answer and gave her another hug. “I’m so glad you’re okay, Buffy. Don’t worry me like that again.”

“I won’t,” she replied, pulling out of the embrace.

Joyce graced them with one more smile. “I’ll let you two sleep now. Goodnight,” she claimed, then left the room.

They were both quiet after that, when Spike suddenly hugged her again.

Buffy wrapped her arms around him as well. “I think this is the most anyone has ever hugged me.”

He smothered kisses in her soft hair. “You better get used to it, love. You had us all bloody worried.”

“I wasn’t gone that long. I did manage to keep my cool, and even got a few kicks in. I don’t think Parker will ever be able to have children. That guy Lindsey was really scary, though. I could tell that Parker didn’t want to kill me, but the other guy had no problem with it. Just because my brother took his girlfriend from him. He has serious issues.”

Spike agreed and released her, once again feeling relieved to have her back safely. He could have lost her and didn’t know what he would do if that happened. He couldn’t even think about it.

“So, enough about that. Tell me about this girl that you’re tutoring,” she said to change the subject, a hint of jealousy in her voice.

“How did you know it was a girl?” he wondered.

Buffy shrugged. “Willow told me, but that’s all she told me. So, who is she?”

Spike could tell that she seemed a little jealous, but she had no reason to be. He was flattered by it, though. “Her name is Dawn and she’s a freshman, so you have no reason to be jealous.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “I’m not jealous, I was just wondering. It’s nice that you’re still tutoring the younger kids.”

Spike smiled at her. “Yeah, I’ve always loved doing it. She’s a nice girl. I think she has a crush on me.”

Buffy smacked him lightly on the leg. “I’m sure she does, but just know that you’re mine. Make sure she knows that, too.”

Spike loved when she got all possessive. “There’s no competition, pet.” He leaned towards her ear. “I’ve always been yours.”

His breath against her throat caused her to shiver. “Likewise,” she replied.

Spike suddenly took on a nervous expression.

Buffy wondered what was wrong, but didn’t have to wonder for long.

“I wanted to give you this. I figured now was a good enough time,” he said, handing her a black box.

Buffy was confused as she took it for him, opening it to reveal a beautiful ring. She gasped at what that could mean and glanced back up at him, waiting for his explanation.

He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “It’s not a proposal, Buffy. Not yet, anyway. We’ll call this a promise ring. It belonged to my mum and I really think you should have it.”

Buffy had tears in her eyes at the thought of him giving her his mother’s ring. She slipped it on her finger to find that it was a perfect fit. “I’ll always treasure it, William.” She pressed a quick kiss to his lips. “I love you.”

Spike caressed her cheek, feeling tears of his own start to cloud his vision. There was no doubt in his mind that he finally found the woman he would spend the rest of his life with. “I love you, too. So bloody much.”

Buffy smiled and gazed at the ring one more time. “We should get some sleep,” she told him after a moment of silence.

Spike agreed and lay down on the bed, pulling her with him.

Buffy rested her head against his chest, letting out a sigh of pure bliss.

It didn’t take them long to drift off into slumber.
Chapter 17 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 17

Buffy woke up in the morning and stared at Spike, who was still passed out. She smiled at how adorable he looked and placed a kiss on his forehead, then got out of bed and headed downstairs. She walked into the kitchen to see that Angel was there, drinking a cup of coffee.

He glanced up at her and gave a small smile.

She smiled in return and sat down across from him.

Angel spoke up after a few seconds. “How are you doing?”

Buffy shrugged at his question. “I’m good, it could have been worse.”

Angel agreed and felt angry again when he thought about what could have happened to her. “I’ll kill him for this,” he stated harshly.

Buffy felt concerned at the determination in his voice. “No, you won’t. That’s not you, Angel. I’m sure Lindsey will get what’s coming to him. What’s the deal with you two, anyway?” she wondered.

Angel took a deep breath before answering her. “He blamed me for taking his girlfriend. Darla was with him for a few months, when he started to hit her. We were friends and she came to me for help. I promised that I would protect her, and she told me that she would leave him. I wanted to go with her, but she said she could do it herself. She came back to me hours after that, with bruises and cuts on her face. The bastard beat on her when she tried to end things with him. Lindsey must have caught us together. He has always had something against me. I swear, I had no idea he would come after you. I’m so sorry, Buffy.”

Buffy placed her hand over his. “It wasn’t your fault, Angel. You couldn’t have known.”

Angel nodded and gave her hand a squeeze. “I love you, kid.”

Buffy smiled. “I love you, too,” she replied, giving him a hug. “You’re the best guy I know, Angel. I couldn’t have asked for a better brother.”

Angel held her tighter. His little sister was his whole world. He couldn’t bear the thought of anything happening to her.

“So, are you and Darla dating? You never mentioned her before,” she suddenly said, changing the subject.

Angel let her go and wiped at his eyes, grateful for the distraction. “Yeah, we’ve been seeing each other for a few weeks now. Who knew the whole thing with Lindsey would have brought us closer?”

Buffy was just happy that her brother found someone. “You should bring her by some time. I’m sure Mom would love to meet her, and I would love to meet the girl that’s crazy enough to date you,” she said teasingly.

Angel ruffled her hair. “If there’s hope for you, then there’s hope for anyone.”

Buffy slapped him on the arm, even though she could tell that he was only kidding.

“I would love to bring her here, though. She has been saying that she wanted to meet my family. She saw your picture in my room and thinks you’re very pretty.”

Buffy beamed at that. “I like her already.”

He chuckled. “I’m sure you do, but you’ll end up liking her even more after you meet.”

Buffy agreed. “I bet I will.”

Spike then entered the kitchen, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. “Hey, it’s no fun for a bloke to wake up alone,” he claimed, then noticed Angel there. “Not that we did anything, just sleeping.”

Buffy laughed at the look of fear on his face. “It’s okay, Will. He gets it.”

Spike sighed in relief.

Angel grinned. “I’m just surprised that you survived in the same bed with this one,” he said, pointing at his sister. “She’s a kicker.”

Buffy smacked him across the head. “I’m so not, buddy. You have me confused with someone else.”

Spike smiled at the banter between the two siblings. “Now that you mention it, I do wonder how I ended up on the floor in the middle of the night.”

Buffy turned her gaze on him in shock. “Great, so now you’re both ganging up on me. I’m really feeling the love right now,” she said with a pout.

Angel stood up and decided to ignore her comment. “I’ll be heading back to school soon. I think I could at least spare a few days, just to make sure that everything’s okay. I have to pick up some stuff, be back in a couple of hours,” he said, placing a kiss on the top of Buffy’s head. “Be careful, okay?”

“You know me,” she replied.

“Yeah, that’s what worries me.”

Buffy rolled her eyes.

Angel walked over to Spike and patted him on the back. “It was nice to meet you, man. Take care of her.”

Spike nodded. “You don’t have to worry about that.”

Angel saw the look in Spike’s eyes and knew that his sister was in good hands. That was a very comforting thought as he left the room.

Spike then sat down next to her at the table. “Your brother seems like a decent bloke.”

Buffy smiled. “Yeah, he’s the best.”

Spike could tell how close they were to each other, always wanting a brother or sister of his own. He was very lonely being an only child. All he had was his little cousin in England, but it wasn’t the same. He never even got to see her much. Spike lost his parents in a car accident years ago and felt even more alone when he had to move to a strange place to live with his uncle. He looked at Buffy and smiled, realizing that moving to Sunnydale was the best thing that ever happened to him. He wouldn’t change it for the world.
Chapter 18 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 18

Buffy was back in school a few days later and she told the others about what happened. They were surprised, and also glad that she was okay.

“That’s so cool, Buffy!” Xander exclaimed.

Willow elbowed him in the stomach. “Xander, she could have been killed.”

He looked ashamed for his remark. “I didn’t mean it like that. I mean, it’s cool that you were able to defend yourself. Not that I think you can’t defend yourself or anything. As far as girls go, you’re one of the strongest ones I know,” he said, trying to lighten the mood.

Buffy gave him a smile. “It’s okay, Xander. I get what you mean.”

Xander was relieved that she didn’t seem to be mad at him.

Buffy continued to tell them about her visit to the police station. They had enough information and were able to put Lindsey and Parker away, hopefully for a long time if Buffy had anything to say about it. Angel went with her, so he could tell them what he knew about Lindsey. Buffy was just glad it was all over.

“Your brother is so hot, Buffy,” Cordelia admitted out of nowhere, remembering the gorgeous man that dropped Buffy off at school.

She shook her head. “Sorry, Cordy. He already has someone.”

A frown formed on the brunette’s face.

“Yeah, so do you,” Xander stated, staring at his girlfriend.

Cordelia rolled her eyes. “Lighten up, Harris. I didn’t mean anything by it. I’m allowed to check out attractive guys, just like you’re allowed to check out attractive girls. There’s no harm in it.”

Xander smiled at her. “Sure, that’s fair,” he replied, giving Buffy a look across the table.

She raised her eyebrows at his staring.

Spike pulled her closer to his side, glaring at Xander. “There will be harm if you look at my girlfriend like that, mate,” he almost growled.

Xander actually seemed afraid. He sometimes missed the bookish nerd that his friend used to be. “All right, I won’t look at her. I was only kidding, anyway,” he mumbled, turning away from Spike’s intense gaze.

“Don’t you just love it when he gets all possessive like that? It’s definitely sexy,” Cordelia commented, focusing on the blonde couple.

Spike blushed and glanced away from her.

“He got possessive with you?” Buffy wondered.

Cordelia nodded. “Are you kidding me? He wouldn’t let any guy look at me in the wrong way. When they did, he would grab me tighter like he just did with you. It was very sweet. I’m not used to guys being like that with me. I’m almost sorry that I let him go.” She noticed the strange looks from the others around the table. “I said almost. I’m totally cool with it. You guys are better together, anyway. You have that real love going for you. All we really did was make out constantly. You can’t build a real relationship on that.”

Xander shook his head and stood up. “We should get to class now, Cordy,” he said, grabbing her arm.

“What did I say?”

Xander pulled her away from the table before she could say anything else.

Willow looked at Buffy and Spike, who were sitting in silence. She quickly stood up. “I think I’m gonna find Oz. See you guys later,” she said and walked away from the table, leaving Buffy and Spike alone.

They both remained quiet, until Buffy decided to speak up.

“So, you guys made out a lot?”

Spike sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. “It wasn’t a lot. Not as much as with you.”

Buffy nodded and glanced down. “At least you didn’t sleep with her.”

Spike then put his finger under her chin and brought her gaze back on his. “I couldn’t do that, Buffy. I was waiting for you. I would have waited forever if I had to. I wanted you to be my first; no one else would have been good enough.”

Buffy smiled and gave him a soft kiss on the lips. “That’s good to know,” she responded, laying her head on his shoulder.

They were like that for a few seconds, when the bell rang signaling that lunch was over.

Spike took her hand as they both stood up and headed to their next class.


* * * * *


Buffy headed to her locker after school. She noticed a young girl walk by, with her books clutched to her chest. She then saw a familiar jock knock the books out of the girl’s hand. The girl looked embarrassed as she bent down to pick them up, while the guy laughed with his friends. That made Buffy angry as she marched over to them. She helped the girl with her books, then turned cold eyes on the lead guy.

“What’s your problem, Ben? You have to pick on kids half your size now? That’s just really pathetic.”

He glared at her. “What do you care, Summers? I’m just having some fun, but I guess you would know all about that,” he said with a smirk, his friends once again laughing.

Buffy had enough. “You know what? I’ve forgotten about our little time together. It really wasn’t that memorable. I’ve had better in the sixth grade.”

“We’ll see about that. I can give you a go right now.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Sorry, but I would rather not catch anything. By the way, I’m really sorry to hear about your syphilis. I hope all your conquests know about that.” She glanced behind Ben to see two girls staring at them, with disgusted looks on their faces. “Oh, I’m sorry. You guys didn’t sleep with him, did you? You probably wanna get that checked out. Better safe than sorry is my motto.”

Ben turned around and noticed the girls as well, his eyes widening.

They gave him a look of distaste and ran in the other direction.

Ben took off after them. “Wait, she was only kidding!”

Buffy laughed and watched him go, his jock friends following behind. She then turned back to the girl, who was just standing there in silence. “You okay?”

She nodded. “Yeah, that was pretty great. Thanks for the help.”

Buffy gave her a smile. “It was nothing; you just need to know how to handle guys like that. I’m Buffy, by the way.”

“I’m Dawn; it’s nice to meet you.”

Buffy figured that this was probably the freshman that Spike was tutoring. “It’s nice to meet you, too. Let’s go for a walk, I may know of something that can help you against bullies like that.”

Dawn nodded and followed Buffy out of the school.
Chapter 19 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 19

Another week went by and Buffy made her way to Spike’s locker after school. She saw him talking to a girl and walked over to them, with a smile on her face.

“Hey, how’s it going?”

Spike smiled as well, placing a kiss on her cheek.

Buffy turned her attention on the girl. “How’ve you been, Dawn?”

She flashed her a bright smile in return. “Things are good. I’m going to self defense class after school today. Thanks again for recommending it. It really comes in handy when anyone decides to pick on me. They would so regret it. It took me a while to convince my mom to take me, though. She eventually caved.”

Buffy nodded at her excitement.

Dawn admired Buffy for being able to fight back and wanted to learn some moves of her own, incase she would need them. So, Buffy talked to Riley and he agreed to give her some lessons. Dawn had been happier ever since. “It’s really great. Riley is so hot. Have you seen his arms? Those are good arms to have.”

Buffy smiled and wondered if Riley was the only thing the girl was really interested in. “Well, I’m glad you’re having fun.”

Dawn nodded. “Yeah, I have to get home now. See you guys later,” she said, then ran off in a hurry.

Buffy watched her go. “I think someone has a crush on her instructor, but at least it’s not you,” she stated, turning back to Spike.

“I miss all the attention,” he said with a pout.

Buffy put her arm around him. “Poor, Spike. I’ll give you attention.”

He smiled at her. “I think that’s the first time you’ve called me Spike.”

Buffy shrugged. “It’s an honest mistake. Don’t get used to it,” she told him, grabbing his hand and heading out of the school together.


* * * * *


Angel showed up at the house later that night with Darla.

She came over for dinner and to meet the family that Angel spoke so much about.

Buffy was there to greet them.

He made the introductions and then went into the kitchen to help his mother, while the girls talked.

“Angel told me what happened with Lindsey. I’m sorry about that. I hope he didn’t hurt you,” Darla said with concern.

Buffy shook her head. “Nothing I couldn’t handle. It wasn’t your fault, I’m just glad the jerk won’t be causing anymore problems.”

Darla had to agree with that. “Angel talks about you all the time.”

Buffy smiled. “Well, I am pretty important. If I do say so myself,” she replied.

Darla laughed, knowing that she would like this girl. “You remind me so much of my little sister. I really miss her sometimes,” she commented sadly.

“Where is your sister? If you don’t mind me asking,” Buffy wondered.

“She lives in New York with my parents. It was really hard for me to move far away to go to college, but I needed some time to myself. I’m really grateful that I met your brother. He has always been there for me, ever since the whole thing with Lindsey. He’s truly one of the good ones.”

Buffy nodded. “Yeah, I always knew that.”


* * * * *


Angel and Darla left hours later and Buffy grabbed her brother’s arm before he could leave.

“I like her, Angel. Hold on to that one.”

He smiled at his sister, pecking her on the cheek. “I’ll keep that in mind. Take care, brat,” he said, then walked out of the house.

“Same to you, loser,” she called after him.

Angel gave her one more smile, then got in his car and drove off.

She watched him go for a moment, suddenly feeling a sharp pain in her stomach. Buffy had been feeling pains for the last couple of days, but just shook it off and figured it was nothing.


* * * * *


Buffy was working on some new moves in self defense class the next day, but for some reason, she wasn’t that into it. She stopped what she was doing and took a deep breath, snatching up her bottle of water and taking a long drink from it. She then poured some of the cool liquid over her head, surprisingly very hot all of a sudden. She put the bottle of water down and wiped her face with a towel.

Riley noticed this and went to her side. He knew she never got tired that easily. “Are you feeling okay, Buffy?”

She looked at him and nodded, taking another deep breath. “Yeah, I’m sure it’s nothing. Just feeling a little drained, it’ll pass. I just didn’t get that much sleep last night.”

Riley wasn’t convinced. “Are you sure? We could stop if you’re not feeling up to it.”

Buffy shook her head. “I’ll be fine. We still have another hour.”

Riley nodded, not knowing what else to say.

Buffy continued to throw kicks and punches. She stopped again when another sharp pain stabbed her in the stomach. This one was stronger than the others. She yelled out and clutched her side.

Riley caught her when she passed out. He didn’t know what was wrong, so he quickly grabbed his cell phone and dialed 911. He hung up after telling them of the situation and giving the address, then glanced down at the girl in his arms. She was unconscious and looked too pale for his liking. “It’ll be okay, Buffy. The ambulance is on the way.” He wasn’t even sure if she heard him at this point. Riley really prayed that the ambulance would get there in time.


* * * * *


Yes, I am truly evil. No worries, we're almost to the end=)
Chapter 20 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 20

Joyce and Spike were in the hospital waiting room after Riley called Joyce to tell her that Buffy was brought in. She called Giles and he wasn’t there, so she told Spike what happened and he left to the hospital immediately after that. It was hours later, and they still didn’t know what was wrong with Buffy. They only knew that she was taken into the operating room for surgery.

She couldn’t sit around any longer without knowing if her daughter was all right, relieved when the doctor finally came out. Joyce stood up and walked over to him. “Is Buffy okay?”

He nodded and took a deep breath. “Your daughter’s going to be fine. She had appendicitis and we had to operate immediately. It’s a good thing she was brought in when she was. Her appendix was about to burst. She’s unconscious right now, but should be awake soon.”

Joyce placed her hand over her heart, grateful it wasn’t anything more serious. “Can we see her?”

The doctor nodded again. “Yes, she’s in room 214.”

Joyce gave him a smile. “Thank you, Doctor.”

He smiled as well, then headed back to work.

Joyce had tears in her eyes as she looked at the two men standing behind her. She approached Riley and gave him a hug. “That’s the second time you’ve saved my baby,” she said, pulling away from him.

Riley gave her a shy smile. “I didn’t really do anything. I only called the ambulance.”

Joyce shook her head. “If you weren’t with her, I don’t even want to know what could have happened. Thank you.”

Riley nodded and accepted her gratitude. “I’m just glad that she’s okay. She’s a special girl.”

Joyce agreed. “Yes, she is.” She glanced at Spike and wondered why he was so quiet. “Are you all right, William?”

Spike broke out of his reverie at the sound of her concerned voice. “Yeah, I’m fine. I just hate these close calls.”

Joyce nodded in understanding. “Let’s go see how she’s doing.”

They all then headed to Buffy’s room.


* * * * *


Buffy woke up feeling groggy as she tried to focus her eyes on her surroundings. She didn’t know where she was, until her eyes landed on her mother.

“Hey, sleepy head. You finally decided to come back to us,” Joyce said, brushing some hair out of Buffy’s face.

“Mom, where am I?” she wondered.

“You’re in the hospital, sweetie.”

Buffy’s eyes widened as she sat up with a start. “No, I can’t be in the hospital.”

Joyce pushed Buffy gently back down and tried to calm her. “Honey, you need to lie down.”

Buffy shook her head. “I don’t like it here. I wanna go home,” she commented in a frightened voice.

Joyce felt for her daughter, knowing how much Buffy hated hospitals. “I know you do, but you’re going to have to stay here for a bit longer. You just had surgery, Buffy. You need to rest.”

Buffy sighed and laid her head back on the bed. It was then that she noticed the two men in the room. She saw Riley first and suddenly remembered what happened. She smiled at him and held out her hand.

He looked confused for a moment, then took her small hand in his larger one.

“You always seem to be saving me,” she whispered.

Riley felt touched and gave her hand a light squeeze, letting it go after a few seconds. “I’m just glad I was there.”

Buffy agreed as her eyes finally rested on Spike.

He moved closer to her and kneeled down by her side, placing a kiss on her forehead. “How do you feel?”

“I’ve been better. I’m glad you’re here.”

Spike nodded. “Where else would I be?” He pressed a soft kiss to her lips and pulled away, with tears in his eyes now. “You have to stop doing this to me, Buffy. I don’t think I can take anymore.”

She caressed his cheek and gave him a smile. “I’ll try to be more careful.”

He smiled as well and pecked her on the nose.

“We should go now. Buffy needs her rest,” Joyce told them.

Riley nodded in agreement. “Yeah, I’m sure Sam is wondering where I am by now. Take care of yourself, Buffy. I don’t want to see you in class for at least a month, okay? You need to take it easy.”

Buffy let out a sigh and nodded, without bothering to argue.

Riley gave everyone one more look before leaving the room.

Joyce pressed a kiss to Buffy’s cheek, then grabbed Spike’s arm. “We’ll be back to see you tomorrow, sweetheart.”

Buffy nodded again and watched as they walked out of the room, then closed her eyes and tried to get some sleep.


* * * * *


Spike arrived back at his empty house and headed up to his room. He lay on his bed and realized that he couldn’t fall asleep, then moved to his desk and grasped the picture that was sitting there. It was a picture of him and Buffy that was taken two years ago, a few months after they met. They were outside in his backyard when the picture was taken. Spike smiled at the memory. Buffy just woke up, and was complaining that she didn’t want any pictures taken because her hair was a mess. Spike just told her that she always looked beautiful, and she gave him the sweetest smile that anyone had ever graced him with. He knew that he loved her. He tried to hide his feelings, figuring that she would never see him as anything more than a friend. Then he developed a crush on Cordelia. She was the only cheerleader that never treated him like a freak. His feelings for Buffy never went away, though. He loved her from the first second he saw her. There was no one else but her. She had taken him to places that he never would have dreamed of. Spike smiled wider as he placed the picture back on his desk. He lay back down on his bed and knew that he would finally be able to fall asleep, with dreams of Buffy in his head.
Chapter 21 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 21

Buffy was released from the hospital days later, and she couldn’t be happier about that. She was currently in her room, lying in bed with Spike and they were kissing nonstop for about twenty minutes.

Spike could tell that she wanted to do more than that and pulled away from her. “Buffy, I don’t think we should go any further right now. I don’t want to hurt you.”

Buffy shook her head. “I feel fine. We can go slow,” she whispered in his ear.

He gazed at her, with raised eyebrows. “I don’t think you know how to go slow, pet. I loved our first time. It was very special, but it was hardly slow.”

Buffy knew that he was right. “Okay, I can try slow. I’m up for new things.”

Spike smiled and shook his head. “I don’t think it’s a good idea. Why don’t you come over to my house tomorrow night? Rupert will be out with Joyce and we can have the place to ourselves.”

Buffy smiled at that suggestion, kissing him tenderly on the lips. “Sounds like a plan.”

He kissed her more passionately and they continued to do that, until they both fell asleep.


* * * * *


Buffy walked into self defense class the next day, smiling when she saw Riley teaching Dawn some new moves.

“Hey, getting pretty good.”

They stopped at the sound of her voice.

Dawn gave her a smile. “Yeah, Riley’s a great teacher,” she said, grabbing her stuff. “I gotta get home now.” She hugged Riley and then ran out of the building, without saying anything else.

Buffy smiled as she watched the young girl go, then looked back at Riley. “You do know she has a crush on you, right?”

Riley nodded. “I managed to pick up on it. That’s why I decided to introduce her to Connor, my younger brother. I think they would get along great.”

Buffy agreed. “That sounds like a good idea.”

Riley then grabbed a towel and wiped his face. “What did I tell you, Buffy? I don’t want to see you in here, until you’re good and healed.”

Buffy waved her hand in the air. “I know that, I just wanted to thank you again. It seems you’re always there when I need you. Like a guardian angel or something.”

Riley blushed a little at her comment. “I’m no angel; I just do what’s right. Having a cop for a wife could do that to you.”

“Well, tell her that she’s pretty lucky.”

Riley looked embarrassed now as he thought of what to say. “I think I’m the lucky one.”

Buffy smiled at his answer and nodded. “I’ll see you later, Riley,” she replied and walked out, heading straight to Spike’s house for some rest and relaxation.


* * * * *


“God, William. That feels so good. Oh, that’s the spot. Don’t stop,” she moaned.

Spike continued to rub her shoulders. “You like that, pet?”

Buffy nodded and shut her eyes in ecstasy. “I love your hands.”

Spike smiled and moved his hands lower, deciding to massage other parts of her body. “I just want you to feel nice and relaxed. I’m fixing a bath for you later. I think you should have a nice soak.”

Buffy opened her eyes to stare at him. “Will I be having this soak alone?”

“I think it would be for the best. Maybe I’ll join you if you’re good,” he stated with a wink.

Buffy grinned. “I’m always good. I’m as good as they come, baby.”

Spike moved his lips to her ear. “I have no doubts,” he whispered.

“Thank you for this, Will. You’re the best boyfriend ever. It feels so good to say that.”

Spike kissed her cheek. “It’s also really great to hear.” He then took her hand, pulling her off of his bed and into the bathroom. He turned the water on for her, and tried to get it to the right temperature. When he turned back to her, Buffy already had all her clothes off. Spike gulped at the sight of her. It was something that he still wasn’t used to. He noticed the scar on her right side and lightly traced his fingers over it, gazing into her eyes to see nothing but love there. He kissed her lips and rested his forehead against hers. “You know, I’m suddenly feeling dirty. Maybe it would be best if I took a bath, too.”

Buffy had to grin again at his suggestion. “Yeah, that’s a good idea.” She kissed him this time, slipping her tongue into his mouth.

They both found themselves lost in the kiss.

Spike realized that he left the door to the bathroom open, but couldn’t seem to care as he continued to kiss Buffy. He moved her over to the tub and decided that he couldn’t wait anymore. Making love to her in the bathtub would be something new they could try; he was always up for something new. He was only a man, after all. Spike was helpless when it came to Buffy. He lowered her into the tub and started to undress himself, then got in after her and continued their make out session. Neither one of them noticed that the front door of the house opened as Joyce and Giles walked inside.

Well, wouldn’t that be interesting?

The End


Yes, it’s so good to be evil. I’ll leave this to your imaginations. I’m sure ya’ll could guess what would happen. I was just seriously out of ideas for this, but I think it turned out pretty well. Thanks for the reviews=)
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=12321