Scars by punk_vampire
Summary: Revised Summary Buffy Summers and William Hunter fall in love over the summer. When someone from Buffy's past comes to Sunnydale, everything is turned upside down. Buffy is forced to break William's heart even though she still loves him. Not able to take all the pain in his life, William takes off and returns as Spike. Will the two be able to get back together or live the rest of their lives in misery. PG-13 for now, but it will become R.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Buffy/Other
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 3614 Read: 4197 Published: 07/21/2005 Updated: 08/28/2005

1. Meet the Social Outcasts by punk_vampire

2. The Date by punk_vampire

3. Trouble in Paradise by punk_vampire

Meet the Social Outcasts by punk_vampire
Author's Notes:
For those of you who are waiting for the last chapters of my other fic, Mockingbird, you are gonna have to wait a little longer. I am having serious writers block. Sorry!


A/N2: the song is First date by blink- 182


DISCLAIMER: I asked Joss if I could keep his characters, but he called security and had my escorted off the property.
***

Buffy Summers sat on her porch swing staring off into space. She was thinking of all the things that had happened so far over the summer. Her parent’s divorce was finalized and her mother had won full custody of her and her sister. After moving to Sunnydale to have a new life, Buffy was having a hard time adjusting until she met him. As if on queue, William Hunter, her neighbor and boyfriend, started to run across the street towards her. A smile appeared on her face when she saw him. He sat down next to her and pulled her into a sweet kiss.

“Hey.” Buffy said when the kiss ended.

“Hey yourself.” He said in his young British accent. “So, what are you doing out here by your lonesome, luv?”

“Just thinking,” she said as she cuddled up to him.

“What were you thinking about?”

“Us.”

“Ah, such a perfect topic.” She giggled at his joke.

“Remember when I first got here?” she asked.

“Of course it was about two months ago.”

TWO MONTHS EARLIER

Buffy and her sister, Dawn, were helping their mother move boxes into their new house in Sunnydale, California. Joyce Summers carried the last box in the house and sighed.

“Well, here it is. Home sweet home.” She said.

“Great,” Buffy responded sarcastically “I’m gonna go get some air, I’ll be back.”

Buffy walked out of the house and sat on the front porch. She watched cars go by and people walking down they street. A particular group of teenagers caught her attention. Across the street a group of teens sat around hanging out on the lawn. One boy had blue spikey hair and was holding a guitar. Next to him was a red head girl who seemed very sweet. There was another boy with scruffy black hair munching on a bag of Tito’s Chips and a blonde haired girl giving him a massage.

Buffy caught her breath when she saw the last teen. He was a very handsome with curly brown hair, sharp cheekbones and blue eyes. Buffy cursed that he was wearing a big, baggy hoody because she had a feeling his body was very yummy. She gulped when the blue-eyed boy caught her ogling him.

William felt someone watching him. He turned to the newly bought house across the street and saw the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. He had long honey gold hair, green eyes and a face of an angel. He saw her eyes get wide when he had caught her staring. He told is sister, Willow, and best friends, Oz, Xander and Anya, that he would be right back. William decided to go meet this angel.

Buffy saw the boy turned back and say something to the group with him. She smiled when she saw him run across the street.

“Hey, I’m William Hunter. You just moved here right?” he said with a smile on his face.

‘Oh my God. That accent!’ she thought. “Y-yeah. I’m Buffy Summers. Nice to meet you.” She shook his hand. When their hands met a shock when through them. They both jumped a little but then smiled at each other.


“That shock was a sign that we would get together.” Buffy said as she looked up to William’s eyes.

“What ever you say, sweetheart. I’m just happy it happened.”

“So, what do you want to do tonight?”

“I have band practice with the guys. You could tag along; Willow and Anya will be there.”

“Sure.” She said

“Great. See you at six.” Will said. He kissed her goodbye and left to setup in his garage.

***

“So how are things between you and Will?” Willow asked as they watched to boys practice.

“Really good. Our two month anniversary is coming up.” Buffy answered with her eyes focused on William singing.

“Has he given you any orgasms yet?” Anya asked.

Buffy eyes were torn away from Will by Anya’s question. “No. We both want to wait.

“Well, that’s just dumb!” Anya exclaimed.

“What are you talking about?”

“Xander and I started having sex after our third date. He is very good at it.” She said dreamily.

“Eww, that is to much information.” Willow said.

“Whatever. All I’m saying is that you never know what can happen. Tomorrow one of you could be dead.”

“Anya!” Buffy shouted at her blunt friend.

“Sorry but it is true. So, get a move on. I have condoms, if you like.” Anya started to fish through her purse.

Both Buffy and Willow stood up and walked away from Anya with mortified faces.

***
Xander started up on the drums and then Oz and William began on the bass and guitar. Soon, William’s voice flooded the room.

In the car, I just can't wait...
To pick you up on our very first date
Is it cool if I hold your hand?
Is it wrong if I think it's lame to dance?
Do you like my stupid hair?
Would you guess that I didn't know what to wear?
I'm just scared of what you'll think.
You make me nervous so I really can't eat

Lets go... don't wait... this nights almost over
Honest... lets make... this night last forever
Forever and ever... lets make this last forever
Forever and ever... lets make this last forever

When you smile, I melt inside
I'm not worthy for a minute of your time
I really wish it was only me and you
I'm jealous of everybody in the room
Please dont look at me with those eyes
Please dont hint that your capable of lies
I dread the thought of our very first kiss
A target that I'm probably gonna miss

Lets go... don't wait... this nights almost over
Honest... lets make... this night last forever
Forever and ever... lets make this last forever
Forever and ever... lets make this last forever

Lets go... don't wait... this nights almost over
Honest... lets make... this night last forever
Forever and ever... lets make this last forever
Forever and ever... lets make this last forever

Forever and ever... lets make this last forever
Forever and ever... lets make this last forever


The girls clapped when the song finished.

“So how did it sound?” Xander asked.

“It was great,” said Willow “We have rock stars as boyfriends!”

“I would call us rock stars yet,” Oz said as he put his bass and Will’s guitar away.

“More like up and coming musicians.” William said as Buffy sat on his lap.

“Well, you guys were awesome. You should play at the Bronze sometime.” Buffy said.

“Buffy, we are the total outcasts at school. I don’t think the popular, rich stuck-ups are gonna like us playing in their territory.” Xander explained

“Oh please. You guys are cool. You can’t be that low on the social chain.” Buffy asked.

“Xander’s right.” Willow piped in.

“Call us the Social Outcasts.” Oz said.

“Hey! That should be our band name!” William exclaimed.

“It does have a nice ring to it.” Anya said.

“Right then. This may be best summer ever.” Said William.

***

William and Buffy sat on the couch, watching a movie.

“So, our anniversary is in a couple of days and I was wondering if you wanted to go out?” Will asked.

“Are you kidding? Of course, I would love to!” she said. “Where are we going?”

“I can’t tell you, pet. It’s gonna be a surprise.” He said as he kissed her.

“I can’t wait.” She said and then returned his kiss.

***

Thanks for reading. Just a note: this story is gonna get really dark. I would love feedback.

Next chapter: The Date
The Date by punk_vampire
Author's Notes:
Thanks to everyone who reviewed. you guys rock!
***

Willow was helping her brother find the perfect ring for Buffy.

“How about this one?” she asked.

He looked and said, “No, she likes platinum.”

“Oh right there!” Willow pointed to the band.

“That’s perfect!” He kissed his sister’s forehead. “What would I do with out you?”

“Probably not have to spend so much money. Look at the price,”

“Not a problem!” William pulled out a credit card.

“Isn’t that dad’s?” Willow asked.

“Yeah,”

“Will! You can’t use that.”

“Oh please, he was so drunk that he didn’t even notice I took it.”

“William Hunter! You know that’s not fair.”

“Well, you know it’s true.” Willow looked down to the ground knowing William was right. “I’m sorry Willow but he’s getting worse.”

“I know.”

“You and mom will have me, Willow. I’m your brother and if you need anything, you know I’m there.” If dad won’t take responsibilities then I will.” He lifted her chin with his finger.

Willow smiled. “I don’t know what I would do without you or mom,”

“Let’s not find out. Now come on, ducks. Let’s get out of here.”

***

William arrived at Buffy’s house at exactly eight o’clock. Today was their two-month anniversary and he had planed the perfect evening for them. He took the red rose and walked up to the door. Taking a deep breath he pressed the doorbell.

Inside Buffy was taking one last look at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a black spaghetti-strap dress that went to her knees. Her hair was up in a bun with tendrils falling from each side of her face. When she heard the doorbell ring, her heart skipped a beat. She heard her mother answer the door and then heard her William.

“Hello William,” Joyce said when she answered the door.

“Hi Mrs. Summers. Is Buffy ready yet?” He asked.

“She’ll be coming down soon. Why don’t you have a seat?” Joyce let William in and led him into the living room.

“Hey Will!” Dawn smiled.

“Hey Dawnie.” Will sat next to her.

“Did you get it?” she asked.

“Yup. Wanna see?” he asked as he reached into his pocket.

“What is this ‘it’ you two are talking about?” Joyce wondered as she walked into the room.

“Well, I got Buffy a promise ring.” William pulled out a box. Inside was a silver platinum band. He showed the two women the ring.

“It’s beautiful, ” Joyce said.

“Yeah Buffy is gonna love it!” said Dawn.

“Thanks, Willow helped me pick it out. Read the inscription.” Will took the ring out and on it said ‘Forever Yours ~ Love William’

“I’m ready!” Buffy said from upstairs.

William quickly put the ring away and stood up to see Buffy coming down the stairs. They both smiled at each other.

“You look gorgeous, luv.” William said in wonderment.

“You don’t look so bad yourself.” She said as she looked at his khaki pants and blue button-up.

“Here.” He handed her the red rose.

“Thank you,”

“Are you ready?” he asked

“Yeah. Bye Mom, Dawnie.” Buffy grabbed her purse and took William’s hand.

“Have a good time you two!” Joyce said as the exited the house.

Joyce closed the door and said, “Those two were destined to be together,”

***

“So, where to now?” Buffy asked as they left the Italian restaurant.

“It’s a surprise,” William said as he opened the car door for her.

“Can’t I get a hint?” She asked.

“I don’t think so, pet,” Will said as he tied the blindfold over her eyes.

“WILL!” She shrieked.

“I want it to be a total surprise!” he explained.

***

“Okay. Are you ready?” he asked.

“Yes,” the blindfold was removed from her eyes and her eyes then widened. “Will, oh my God this is beautiful! You did this for me?”

“All for you, baby,”

They stood on a beautiful yacht. Pink, white and red heart shaped balloon were around a banner above them that read ‘Happy Anniversary, Buffy!’ A small table was set up with chocolate covered strawberries and other delicious goodies.

Buffy jumped up and down and then gave William a loving kiss. They both smiled into it.

“Come on,” he said. He made her sit in chair while he stood looking down to her.

“Buffy, ever since you moved here, I’ve been having the best time of my life. I know it’s only been two months but I can’t help to feel this way. Buffy Anne Summers, I love you.” He said and then got down on one knee.

Her eyes got wide and her breath hitched.

“I’m not asking you to marry me, well not yet.” She relaxed and smiled. He continued. “It’s true, I love you with all my heart. Which is why I want to give you this.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out the ring. “It’s a promise ring. I don’t know if you love me yet and I’m okay with that. I just want you to promise me that you will let me love you and someday you might feel the same way about me. God help me Buffy, I want to be the man that will be in this position and ask you to marry him someday. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, will you accept this promise ring?”

Buffy had tears rolling down her eyes. “Of course, William!” She said. They both stood up and kiss. The kiss was passionate and loving. They broke apart and William put the ring on her finger. Buffy read the inscription and smiled.

Green eyes met blue.

“I love you, Buffy,”

She stood silent for a moment and thought about things. A few seconds later she said it.

“I love you too, Will,”

***

Thanks for reading! This is probably gonna be the last ‘happy couple’ chapter for a long time. I’m also going to be away for the next week so I won’t be able to update. Thanks for all the reviews too!

NEXT CHAPTER: Trouble in Paradise
Trouble in Paradise by punk_vampire
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the long wait. I’ve had writer’s block for these next few chapters. I hope you like!
***

Buffy was waiting for William so they could go on their date. She sat on his porch and started to daydream. She would have gone inside but Will’s father was home and as drunk as he could be. She wondered how William, Willow and their mother could handle it; being home with a drunken man almost all the time.

Buffy was snapped out of her daydream when someone touched her shoulder. She looked back and saw William with a smile on his face.

“Sorry you had to wait, pet,” he said.

“No problem, you just have to give me extra kisses tonight,” Buffy stood and gave Will a soft kiss on the lips. The kiss became more passionate but the two broke away when they heard loud, thumping music.

They looked down the street and saw a red SUV about to zoom by.

“Well, look who’s back,” William said with a shake of his head.

“Who?”

“Those popular brats I told you about. Every summer they head of somewhere. I heard it was Miami this year. They always come back a week before school starts up,”

Buffy just starred at the car as it passed them. She gulped when she saw the license plate.

‘QUEEN C’

“Buffy!” William yelled her to get her attention.

“What?”

“You okay? You seem… distracted,” he said.

“I’m fine. C’mon, lets go!”

***

William and Buffy sat at the corner booth of the restaurant waiting for their food.

“Will, this place must be really expensive. You didn’t have to take me here,” She heard that this was Sunnydale’s finest restaurant.

“Nonsense, my girl deserves everything.” He took her hand from across the table and squeezed it.

They stayed like that for a while and just smiled at each other.

“I’m gonna go to the bathroom, okay?” Buffy stood up and said.

“Yeah, sure,” William nodded.

Buffy walked into the bathroom and her heart skipped.

“BUFFY SUMMERS! IS THAT YOU?” the girl at the sink screamed.

“Cordelia!” Buffy said with a some-what fake smile.

Cordelia came over and hugged Buffy.

“Oh my God! What are you doing in Sunnydale?” Cordelia asked.

“I moved here over the summer. What about you?”

“Funny story actually. Remember when I told everyone I was moving but not where? Well, my parents decided to leave big time LA for here! How embarrassing! Me moving to Sunnydale!” Cordelia scoffed.

“Wow, that must have been hard for you.” Buffy said.

“Yeah, but I found the greatest gang. We totally rule Sunnydale High. You should join us. You know like old times. We were destined to be friends forever!”

“Well Cordy, I don’t know…”

“Oh there’s this single gut in the group! You two you be perfect together! His name is Riley!”

“Actually, I have a boyfriend. We started to date over the summer.”

“No way! What’s his name?”

“William Hunter.”

“WHAT! HUNTER! YOU AND HUNTER?”

“What’s wrong with that?”

“Buffy Summers, I am very disappointed can’t you see that he is a loser. Him and his little friends. I cannot believe… wait. I know what you’re doing. You are very slick!”

“What am I doing?” Buffy asked confused.

“You’re doing your old routine! The one you used in LA on that Scott guy! Get a guy, not worthy of you of course, to fall in love, pretend to feel the same and then use him and loose him.”

“Cordy, you…” Buffy eyes got wide.

“Don’t worry. I won’t tell a single soul. So tell me, how bad he is in bed.”

“We haven’t…”

“Well hurry up, Summers. When school starts you have to be seen with me not him!”

“Cordelia it is not a scam! I love him!” Buffy shouted.

“What?” Cordelia was shocked.

“I love him and he loves me. I love William James Hunter” Buffy repeated.

“Well then, the game does change. Buffy, now you have a choice. Break his heart and join me or I make the rest of your high school life a living hell.”

Buffy didn’t speak.

“I’m sorry, but that is how the dice is rolled. I have a reputation to live up to,”

Buffy still didn’t speak.

“Here is my number. Call me with your decision.” Cordelia gave Buffy a piece of paper and walked out of the bathroom.

Buffy watched as she walked away. She put the paper in her purse and walked out herself. She saw Cordelia with a bunch of other teenagers sitting a table. She then saw William back at her table.

She walked towards him and smiled. The food had arrived but he waited for her. ‘Just like a gentleman,’ she thought.

“Is there anything wrong, luv?” he asked as he pulled out her chair for her.

“No.” she simply answered.

“Okay then,” William’s eyebrows furrowed at her sudden change of behavior. They ate their dinner in silence.

***

Not only did they eat in silence but the drove home in silence. It was very awkward to both of them.

William walked Buffy to her door.

“I hope you had a good time,” he said.

“I did. Thanks Will.” She said as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“So, I’ll see you tomorrow then?” he asked with his hands on her waist.

She nodded and then moved in to kiss him. Then stood like that for a few minutes and broke away when they needed air.

“G’night, my luv,” William said with one last peck on her lips.

“Goodnight, Will,” Buffy waved and then walked into her house and up to her room.

***

Buffy dressed into her pajamas and climbed in her bed. She began to think.

‘So, Summers what are you going to do. In LA you were the best. Everyone wanted to be you. You preyed on the weak and used guys just to humiliate them. But you weren’t happy. You didn’t even sleep with any guys because you knew it was wrong. You just lied about how bad there were in bed. You are still a virgin. Now, you want to go back to that! I love William with all my heart. I think he is the one. He makes me happy. He gave me his heart, body and soul. And a promise.’ Buffy looked down at the platinum band on her ring finger. The promise ring he gave to her.

‘What about the rest of the gang? Willow, Oz, Xander and Anya. They are like my brothers and sisters now. Am I really going to walk away from them? Ugh! How dare Cordelia Chase give me that ultimatum! I have seen the hell she can cause. I don’t want that. I’m such a coward. What am I going to do? Walk away from my friends and my true love or live in hell. I am going to hate myself for this. But I can’t go through Cordy’s torture! So here is my plan. I am going to spend this last week of summer with William and the others. It’s going to be perfect. But when school starts I'm Bitch Buffy. I have to break his heart.

***

Thanks for reading! I hope you like this chapter. Like I said it’s going to get dark! Please review. I want to see how my readers react! Special thanks to my beta Faith!

NEXT CHAPTER: Goodbye My Love 1
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=13194