Hope To See You Again by insanementalchild
Summary: my spin on "The Girl In Question"... sort of... Buffy's in Rome to fetch a Slayer... Spike and Angel are there to stop a demon clan war... then presences occur... and a' course spuffyness... bad description i no
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 11270 Read: 13384 Published: 10/01/2005 Updated: 10/01/2005

1. Missing You by insanementalchild

2. Plans pt. 1 by insanementalchild

3. pt.2 by insanementalchild

4. Airplanes Aren't Friendly pt. 1 by insanementalchild

5. Pt. 2 by insanementalchild

6. Peaceful Problems by insanementalchild

7. Hotels And Buffy Are Unmixy by insanementalchild

8. Gettin' All Dressed Up by insanementalchild

9. When In Rome... You Party by insanementalchild

Missing You by insanementalchild
Author's Notes:
gave up on sanity.... not that any of u ppls care... just a note... also duh i own nothing... its all joss
Missing You

Willow found Buffy curled on her bed, clinging to Spike’s old t-shirt. Almost like it was a life line. It had been three months since the Hellmouth caved in. Everyone had moved on. Except Buffy. She still mourned like it had happened yesterday. Just one look at the girl told anyone she wasn’t really there. Willow could hear her sniffs and whimpers. She wanted to comfort her friend, but knew that it would not help. Buffy would be close to catatonic. All the witch could was to take one last look and pray that soon Buffy would get better. She whispered a prayer for her friend and quietly shut the door.

Buffy’s head came up at the sound of the door shutting. When there was no longer any noise behind the door she laid back down. She knew what everyone thought. But she no longer cared. She was no longer needed. She wasn’t the only Chosen One anymore. Dawn was all grown up. Her friends had either left or moved on with their lives. An apocalypse changed people. Didn’t she know it. She’d lost a love and a friend. Since Anya’s death Xander had left a few days after the First’s defeat. And then there was Spike. A tear rolled down her cheek unchecked as she remembered his last day. His soul had saved the world. She had told him she loved him, but he wouldn’t accept it. Not that big of a surprise. A brief smile flashed across her face.

“Stupid vampire.” She let out a small laugh. He always knew how to make her smile. She quietly wept as she remembered all his cocky remarks. It only reminded her that she would never see or hear him again. She looked into the darkness and whispered,

“I will love you till my dying day.”

~ ~

Spike looked out his window into the non-hazardous sun, thanks to Wolfram & Hart. He had been back from where ever he had been for close to three months. He knew Buffy was somewhere in Europe. Most likely off with the Scoobies. Jealous ran through him. He had given up his life for the world and what had he gotten in return? A nice trip to Los Angeles, awkward weeks as a ghost, and to gift of working alongside Peaches. No Buffy.

She didn’t even know he was alive He wondered if she had moved on. He recalled the last thing she had said to him before he turned to dust.

“I love you.”

“No you don’t, but thanks for sayin’ it.” He hadn’t believed her then. But now those three small words consumed his thoughts. Had she really meant it? And if she had did she still love him? If he told her he was back would she still accept him? He growled out of frustration. Why couldn’t he move on?

“Because she’s my only hope left.” He sat back in his chair. He was sick of holding onto memories. He wanted, no needed to see her again. The only that kept him in LA was the fear that she had moved on, or Angel would sooner kill him.

“Stupid ponce.” He heard a knock at the door and saw Lorne’s head appear.

“Hello there. Why are we all cooped up in a room?”

“Blinds are open.”

“Is someone brooding?”

“I am not brooding! That’s the poof’s job.”

“Well speaking of Angel, he wants a meeting in his office.”

“Tell ‘im I’m busy.”

“(clears throat) Well if it help it there’s supposedly trouble in Rome.”

“Trouble in Rome?”

“That’s what the big man said.” Spike quickly got up from his chair and strode out of the room. Buffy was in Rome. This could be his chance. He could see her again.
tbc
Plans pt. 1 by insanementalchild
Author's Notes:
i own nothing
Plans Pt. 1

Spike strode into Angel’s office and settled into his usual chair. When he looked around he didn’t see his grandsire. Lorne came through the door breathing heavily.

“Didn’t need to be down here in two seconds.”

“Well, it seemed important.”

“So where is the great brood himself?” As soon as Lorne finished his question Angel’s
office flew open revealing the boss.

“Sorry there was a... an issue with the staff again.” He brushed off his sleeves, littering the ground wise dust.

“‘Nother chum down the drain. Great staff, really.”

“Shut up Spike. And you’re here why?”

“Green guy told me about the meeting. Something about Rome ‘n all.”

“(shakes head) Right. Well there is a-.” Wesley, Gunn, and Fred all hurried into the room.

“Sorry lots of problems in the lab.”

“Files.”

“Harmony said something about an important meeting?”

“Yeah, was just getting there. Apparently there’s another demon clan war-.”

“That’s all!? Well if it was going to be that simple I wouldn’t have-.”

“(sharply) Quiet. What I was trying to say was that one of the clans is one of our clients.”

“Another evil client, I really don’t see what-.”

“Spike, either leave or be quiet! Other than that now we are involved in the war.”

“What clans are involved,” Wesley asked.

“Well...-“


“The Onigumo and the Suikotsu clans.”

“Yeah, Well our clients the... Gunn?”

“The Onigumo demons. We’re looking into it right now.”

“Right, well our clients are saying that if the Suikotsu don’t agree to their terms that Italy will become a war zone.” Angel looked around at their faces waiting for a comment or question.

“So exactly what is this war about?”

“Gunn?”

“Basically our client tell us that the Suikotsu have taken over a piece of their land in Italy and destroyed it. Our clients feel that they need to be reimbursed.”

“That’s what they’re starting a was over. (lowers voice) Pillocks.” Angel rolled his eyes at Spike’s comment and sat down in his leather chair.

“Why are you still here? You usually don’t care.”

“Hey! I’ve helped people and I’ve saved the world... Besides I’ve got nothing better to do.”

“(shakes head) Whatever.” Wesley watched the two old rivals bicker and decided that he should just leave before violence occurred.
“Well I guess if the meeting is over than I will depart to my office and start researching.” He nodded his head a form of a good bye and left. Silence returned to the room, and Fred looked at everyone’s faces waiting for the next move. Gunn seemed to be deep in thought, Lorne had already left, and Angel and Spike were giving each other death stares.

“Since no one is talking anymore and it seems this case it kinda’ out of my area I’ll just be down in the lab. If you need me just call.” She waved a friendly goodbye and slipped through the door. Angel looked away from Spike and looked at his desk.
Gunn spoke up. “Well I’m going to go back to my office and try to calm the clients. Hopefully I can get them to back off their threat some. What should I tell them?”
“I’m hoping to go over to Rome and visit the Wolfram an’ Hart over there and see if they have any resources that might help us here.”

“Okay well I’m off.” He got up from his seat and left the room. Spike watched as everyone departed from the meeting. He noticed Angel stand up and walk out of the room. Spike quickly got up and followed after. When Angel saw Spike out of the corner of his eye he turned to his grandchilde and exhaled sharply.

“What are you doing here?”

“There’s trouble in Rome or where ever and I’m gonna’ help. ‘Sides might make a lil’ detour and visit Buffy.”

“Get over her Spike. Even if she did feel something for you, which I highly doubt, she’s over you. Just stay here and don’t get into any trouble.”

“I am not your’s to order around. You just can’t stand the fact she’s over you.”

“(growls) Fine. Just don’t get in the way.”

“Right. Just be lil’ ol’ nice me.” They both quietly walked into the elevator. Angel toke one look at Spike’s cocky grin and already wasn’t looking forward to the trip.
tbc
pt.2 by insanementalchild
Author's Notes:
i own nothing... yet again... im not putting this anymore... its basically common knowledge
Plans Pt. 2

Buffy slowly walked down to Giles’ office in the new Watcher’s Council. She looked around at the weapons that were cased on the wall. As she walked down the hall she remembered when the Council used to be her enemy. She still hadn’t gotten used to the new “management”. She came up to the office door and knocked.

“Come in.” She opened the door and popped her head inside.

“Giles?”

“Ah Buffy, yes come in.”

“Hey. Um... someone said you wanted to see me so...”

“Yes, I wanted to ask if you had some time to take a trip down to Rome to pick up
some Slayers located there? No one else is available.”

“Oh, yeah sure. When do you want me to leave?”

“I can have you on a flight by tomorrow afternoon.”

“Okay. Is that all?”

“Well, I was wondering if you were having some problems with what happened in Sunnydale? Willow has noticed that you’ve been a little off.”

“(exhales sharply) No. But it’s okay to just say it. Spike died back there to save the world. But nothing’s wrong. Just a lil’ broody I guess.”

“... Oh right. I just want you to know that if you have any problems that I’m here for you.”

“Okay Giles. I’ll call here in the morning.”

“Goodbye.”

“Bye.” She slipped from the office and ground her teeth as she walked back down the hall.

“Thanks Wil,” she whispered. She shook her head and started down the stairs. She stepped out of the headquarters and onto the streets on London. Over the past couple of months she had come to know her way around the area and quickly made her way to her flat that she occasionally shared with Dawn and Willow. When she walked inside she noticed a note on the coffee table.


Buffy,
Hope you get to relax in Rome. Sorry ‘bout the telling Giles, but I was worried. Well I’m going to be off in South America this weekend, but maybe when I come back we could have a girls’ night? You can call me on my cell if you need me.
Luv,
Wil

She groaned and threw the letter in the waste basket. Why was everyone all of a sudden concerned for her? When the Hellmouth caved in no one really noticed her pain. Now when ever she showed a lil’ grief everyone was magically there for her. Her thoughts drifted a second to the thought that Willow had done something but she quickly brushed that thought away.

She thought back to her meeting with Giles. Their relationship had never fully returned to normal after he had decided to side with Wood on Spike murder. Just the thought of what they had tried to do to her lover made her angry. She collapsed into her chair and closed her eyes. She thought about just escaping from England and just starting over. Maybe Rome wasn’t that bad of an idea. She might actually get to have a few days with out mini Slayers crawling all over her. As thought about her trip she fell asleep dreaming about a small house in a small town where there were NO Slayers.

~ Next morning ~

*knocking on door*

“Buffy?! Are you in there!?” Buffy’s eyes slowly came open and then the sound of someone pounding on her door brought her out of her sleepy fog.

“Hold on.” She got up out of her chair and quickly stretched.

“Who is it?”

“Andrew.”

“Oh. (opens door) Come in. So what’s up?”

“Don’t you remember where you supposed to be in (checks watch) about two hours?”

“Umm...” Then when she does remember panic flashes across her face.

“Shit! Giles is going to kill me. Well, he’ll probably just get angry but-.”
“If you don’t want to go I’ll go for you. I’m going there on other business.” Buffy looked at him with confusion before running off into her room.

“(from room) Oh that’s okay-. Where’s my- oh here. (to Andrew) I need the break anyways.”

“Okay, well we’re on the same flight so if you don’t mind I’ll just hang out here.”

“(from room) Whatever.”

~ 20 minutes later ~

Buffy ran out of her room with a small carry-on suitcase in one hand and a cell phone attached to her ear.

“Yes I know... Faith can handle it... Did you even- hold on. (to Andrew) Sorry I forgot about you-. (to phone) No I’m not talking to you. Look I’ll just call you back later or tomorrow morning... Yes I know you’ve told me like a billion times... (rubs temples) Bloody hell, just ask Faith. I have to go. Bye. (to Andrew) Uber sorry about that. Are we late?”

“No, we have about thirty minutes to get to the airport.”

“Good. Well everything looks fine here so... ready to go?”

“Sure” Buffy pocketed her phone and lead Andrew out the door. She quickly locked up and walked out of the flat. When they got onto the sidewalk they flagged down a taxi and made they’re way to the airport.
(TBC)
Airplanes Aren't Friendly pt. 1 by insanementalchild
Air planes aren’t friendly Part 1

Spike growled at his seatbelt. He’d never worn one before, now all of a sudden it was required.

“Sodding metal.” He pushed the flimsy restraint out of the way. He looked around and inspected his surroundings and tried to calm down. This was his first time inside a plane and it wasn’t turning out to be a good experience. Trapped in a small metal can. This innit a place for a vampire. Spike growled in frustration. It was like a small prison. Albeit the jet wasn’t exactly plain. It had protected windows, leather interior, and was very large.

“So this innit that fun. Planes don’t appear to be fun...... Ever been in one?” Angel looked out his window at the ground, far far below.

“(nervous laugh) Went in a helicopter once. But it didn’t go this high. (points out window) This is really high.” Spike looked over at his grandsire and laughed. Angel looked like he was having a small panic attack.

“Might want to calm down a bit mate. Lookin’ a lil’ panicky.”

“Me and heights don’t agree. I remember when Cordy toke me to this fair thing. Found out the hard way the Ferris wheels aren’t friendly.”

“Right well... how much longer till we get down?”

“Not sure. It’s about a 10 hour flight. It’s been about one.”

“(slightly panicked) Great... got any liquor?”

~ 7 hours later ~

Mini liquor bottles littered the ground. Angel looked at the small bottle in his hand. He moved it back and forth, watching the amber liquid splash around.

“Why do you have a mini bar filled with these tiny bottles? You can’t get drunk off ‘em. Well at least not if you’re like us. Seriously mate. You need some real bottles. Not these.... princess bottles.” After a few minutes when Angel didn’t respond Spike threw a bottle at his head.

“(growls) What the hell!?”

“(laughs) Thought you died. Actually that’s a good-.”

“Shut. Up.”


“Been stuck in ‘ere for hours. Need something to do.”

“I don’t care. Entertain yourself.”

“Throwing bottles at you is pretty entertaining.” Spike picked up another bottle and threw it. Angel narrowed his eyes and growled loudly. Why had he allowed Spike to come along?

“(intercom) Angel sir, we will be landing in about forty-five minutes.”

“Thank god.” He saw Spike reach for another bottle out of the corner of his eye. He growled a warning.
“You throw one more bottle at me and you are not getting off the plane in Rome.”

“...Fine you win... for once.” Angel gave Spike one last warning look and then went back to observing his bottle.

~ 30 minutes later ~

Spike looked around the plane for about the millionth time. Air travel was killing him slowly. He could never sit still for more than thirty minutes. Now he was confined to an aluminum can for nine hours. He was at the end of his rope. He tapped his fingers against the arm of his seat and bounced his legs up and down.

“(mumbles) I really need to kill something. This bleedin’ plane-.”

“(intercom) Sir, we will be landing in about 10 minutes.” Spike looked at the front of the jet. The cockpit was closed off so he couldn’t see the pilot. He looked back at Angel and noticed he was asleep. Hmm... This could be interesting. Spike quietly got up from his seat and walked over to the cockpit door. He quietly knocked on the door.

“‘Ello?” He was greeted with silence. He slowly opened the door and saw that there was no pilot. Panic quickly set in. Spike looked around hoping to see some form of life... or unlife. He went back into the main cabin and awakened Angel.

“Wake up Peaches.”

“Go away.”

“(calmly) There’s no pilot.” Angel jolted up from his seat.

“What?!”

“You obviously heard me.”

“You said there wasn’t a pilot. How are we flying?”

“You expect me to know?”

“Well...”

“(rolls eyes and growls) I’ll find out. (lowers voice) Ponce.” He walked back to the end of the jet and toke the phone out of its cartridge. He dialled some numbers and waited for someone to pick up.

“‘Ello?... Gunn?... No flight’s not there yet... Well, there’s no pilot... Yeah... Oh right... Well we’ll be back (looks at Angel) sooner or later... Ta... Bye.”

“So there’s no pilot why?”

“Some sort of auto pilot thing. Dunno. New technology or something.”

“Thought you were into that technology thing.” Spike just looked at him and went
back to his seat.

“(intercom) Sir, we will be landing in about five minutes.”

“Who’s saying that?”

“I don’t care.”

“How do you know that number to the office?”

“Bloody hell mate, just be quiet. This flight is like an insane box.” Angel narrowed his eyes and muttered something. Spike rolled his eyes and massaged his temples. The jet fell into silence while it landed.

“Welcome to Rome sir.”

“Thank the goddess.”
(tbc)
Pt. 2 by insanementalchild
Air planes aren’t friendly Part 2

“This is exciting isn’t it? First time in Rome.” Andrew bounced around in his seat eagerly waiting for the plane to take off.

“Yeah, pretty interesting... How much sugar have you had today?”

“Dunno. Probably too much. Am I too hyper?” Buffy looked at him and then down at his leg. Andrew followed her gaze and looked at his leg for a second. He put his hand on it, attempting to stop it.

“Sorry, haven’t really experienced plane travel. Always gets me excited.” Buffy rolled her eyes as she recalled the flight to London. Andrew had been a ball of energy. She looked out her window, watching the ground flash by and everything grow smaller and smaller. Soon they were high above London making their way to Rome.

“(intercom) Hello ladies and gentleman, this is the pilot speaking. We are planning to arrive at our destination of Rome in about six hours. Please keep all seat belts fastened until the sign is turned off. Thank you. Enjoy your flight.”

“(mumbles) Thank the goddess.” Andrew looked at Buffy wondering why she was in a bad mood. When she closed her eyes he dismissed his concern and put on his
headphones.

~ 2 hours later ~

Buffy slowly opened her eyes. She looked at her watch and saw that only two hours had passed.

“(whispers) Bloody planes.” She looked over at Andrew and noticed that he was sound asleep. Lucky. She slowly opened her window and saw that the sky had darkened and there were small rain drops collecting. Great, now we get air trouble to top it all off. She growled quietly trying to think of something to do. When she couldn’t think of anything she started to bang her head against the window.

Andrew heard a faint banging noise and it roused him out of his sleep. Se stretched a bit and yawned. He looked over at Buffy and saw that her head was the cause of the noise. He gently tapped her on the shoulder. She quickly stopped her banging and turned to him.

“... Sorry did I wake you?”

“Lil’ bit but it’s okay. Is something wrong?”

“Me and planes are unmixy things.”


“Is that all...?”

“... No, it’s just that if I get bored for too long, then I start to think and then I get all broody. I don’t like being broody.”

“DO these things have anything to do with a certain blue-eyed vampire?”

“(quietly) Some what.”

“It’s okay that you miss him you know.”

“I know, but still everyone has moved on. It’s like I’m stuck in the past.”

“Your lover died. You’re allowed to mourn.”

“Lover? I don’t know about th-.”

“C’mon no one mourns for a friend like you are. It’s obvious.”

“(groans) I know that I love him, I just have issues believing it sometimes.”

“It’s going to take time. Just try not to focus on it. Does anyone else know?”

“Pfft. No one needs me to interfere. Willow is off with Kennedy in South America. Xander’s somewhere in Africa doing construction stuff. Giles and you have the council and Slayer findings. Dawnie’s in college. It’s like I’ve got nothing.”

“Hey... you’re the Slayer. You’re the Chosen One. That’s what you have.”

“Remember the lil’ spell that happened back in Sunnydale? I’m no longer the Slayer, I’m a Slayer.”

“No, you’re still the Slayer. You know about everything you do. The others are just people with extra strength and healing skills. If they went up against a vampire, they most likely wouldn’t survive. Heck most of them don’t even know what a vampire is.”

“I guess... When did you become so speechful?”

“Dunno really.”

“(intercom) Hello again, this is your pilot speaking. I’m sorry to report that we are going to be coming upon some rain clouds. So there is a chance that there will be some slight bumps, so I will be turning on the seat beat sign. Thank you for you patience.” Buffy fastened her seat belt and growled. Just my luck. Turbulence my second time flying. She opened her mouth to talk to Andrew, but he already had his eyes closed and headphones on. She shook her head and decided sleep was her best choice of entertainment.

~ 3 hours later ~

“Excuse me miss?” Buffy quickly opened her eyes.

“Huh?”

“Sorry to wake you, but we are serving a small meal to take with you. Would you like
one?”

“Uh... sure. Thanks.”

“Would your friend like one as well?”

“Sure.” The stewardess handed Buffy two meals and moved down to the next row of seats. Buffy slowly opened the plastic box and inspected its contents. She found a banana and unpeeled it. She looked over at Andrew and noticed he was still asleep.

“(intercom) Hello again ladies and gentlemen. We will be landing in about five minutes. Thank for choosing our airline.” Buffy looked back at Andrew and decided to wake him up.

“Andrew?”

“Huh? Oh Buffy.”

“Sorry to wake you up... again. But we’re landing in about five minutes and there’s food.”

“Oh okay. I’ll pass on the food though. It gives me the wiggins. Thanks anyways.” He gave her a small smile and put his headphones back on. Buffy shrugged her shoulders and looked out the window, seeing Rome hover close below.
(tbc)
Peaceful Problems by insanementalchild
Author's Notes:
i want have screwed up my fic... but yea... in the rest of the chappies... theres italian in the " " and english inside the { }... uber confusing i no...
Peaceful Problems

It seemed to take forever for the plane to stop moving.

“(mutters) Sodding autopilot.” Spike looked out the window at the quickly setting sun.

“Angel, sir we have finally arrived.”

“Uh... thank you?” Angel slowly stood up and stretched. He looked over at Spike’s seat and found it empty.

“Let’s move it Peaches. Bleedin’ sick of being in this can.” Spike gave Angel and annoyed look before exiting the jet.
“(mumbles) Idiot.” Angel looked in the cockpit to see the so called autopilot. When he saw flashing buttons and dials he shook his head and followed after his grandchilde.

They walked out into the airport and were greeted with a strange site. There were demons walking around with humans. No bloody carnage or screams, just civilized peace.

“(mutters) ‘ave any idea what’s going on?”

“Not the slightest. Should have asked Gunn or Wes.”

“Ponce. You should try to figure out things you-.”

“Scusilo signori? {Excuse me sirs?}” Angel gave the strange man a confused look.

“What?”

“Scusilo, ma sono stato trasmesso per prenderlo a Wolfram ed al cervo maschio. {Excuse me but I was sent to take you to Wolfram and Hart}.”

“What are you saying?”

“(mutters) Pillock. Let me handle this. (pushes Angel aside) Scusilo, lui è non parla nulla ma inglese. {Excuse him, he doesn’t speak anything but english.}”

“Amperora, allora presumo che parlo con vol? {Ah, then I presume I speak with you?}”

“Così avete detto qualcosa circa Wolfram ed il cervo maschio? {So you said something about Wolfram and Hart?}”

“Sì sono stato trasmesso per richiamario.{Yes I was sent to retrieve you.}”

“Amperora, pozzo indovino che siamo tutti il vostro. {Ah, well then I guess we’re all yours.}”

“Sì, segualo bien. {Yes well follow me.}”

“Wha?”

“(rolls eyes) Lucky I can speak Italian.”

“When did you learn Italian?”

“Not that it’s any of your business, but I did get bored babysitting Dru.”

“Thought you lived for that.”

“(growls) Let’s just get moving.”

“Fine.” Spike watched Angel follow after the Italian man. He contained his urge to kill something and stalked after them.

After they loaded their few belongings into the car, they made their way to the Italian headquarters. Angel and Spike made the trip in silence. Being in the jet for hours had pushed them past conversation.

~ 15 minutes later ~

The car slowly came to a stop and the door opened.

“Benvenuto alle sedi. Spero che abbiate un viaggio sicruo. {Welcome to headquarters. I hope you have a safe trip.}” Angel just gave the man a small, but confused smile.

“Grazie. {Thank you.}” Spike shook the man’s hand and walked after Angel. They came upon the front doors to the office and slowly opened them. As they walked inside they noticed that it looked oddly like their own office. Except everyone was relaxed and working together. They approached what would have been Harmony’s desk hoping that everything was the same. The woman working at the desk heard them approach and looked up at them.

“Passo alutario con qualcosa? {Can I help you with something?}” Angel swallowed nervously. Why does everyone speak Italian?

“Um... uh...” Spike rolled his eyes at his grandsire’s failed attempt to communicate with the staff.

“(growls) Move, now. Potete dirmi dove posso trovare l’esecutivo principale-.{Yes can you tell me where I can find the Chief Excutive-.}”
Just as the words left his mouth a tall woman came out of the double doors to their left. She quickly approached them with a smile on her face. Spike and Angel both started to slowly back away, but they couldn’t escape.

“Amperora, signori ciao. {Ah gentlemen.} (kisses cheeks) Ho sentito parlare della vostra situazione difficile. {I heard about your plight.}”

“Uh... Does anyone speak english?”

“Oh, I am very sorry, I thought you both spoke Italian.”

“Forgive him, he’s a bit of a pillock.” Spike gave Angel a cocky grin, but Angel didn’t grin back.

“What is a pillock?”

“It nothing. (looks at Spike and growls) Shut up. Now.”

“Oh so tense. (massages shoulders) Just relax.” Angel slowly stepped away from the woman’s hands.

“Um, hello. I’m Angel and this is Spike. I’m the CEO of the Los Angeles branch of Wolfram and Hart. Who exactly are you?

“Oh sorry. I am Ilona Costa Blanchi, CEO of the Italian branch.

“Right. Nice to meet you. We were told that you have the resources that can help us.”

“Yes, we heard about the Onigumo Suikotsu clan fight. But I suggest we finish this inside my office. (looks at man following behind her) Paolo ((her assistant)) può voi prendermi due vetri di anima dei maiali, scaldati naturalmente e di un espresso. {Paolo can you fetch me two glasses of pigs’ blood, warmed of course, and an espresso?}”

“Sì, naturalmente mancanza. {Yes, of course miss.}”


“Gentlemen, please follow me.” Angel and Spike looked at each other and followed Ilona into her office. As they looked around it seemed the same as Angel’s except here there were flowers in vases on the tables.

“(mumbles) I see they don’t waste money on designing each headquarters.” Angel gave Spike a warning look before turning back to Ilona.

“Now that we are in your office, maybe we can discuss our issue?”

“Ah yes. Your... lawyer Charles Gunn has faxed us your papers and we have decided to split the land between the two clans. Your clients, the Onigumo clan, get seventy-five percent of the land and the Suikotsu get the other twenty-five percent. We’ve already drawn up the papers. All that needs to be done is for the papers to be signed by the clan leaders.. We would have already done this when we had the meeting, but we decided you would want to be there. (takes tray carrying drinks from Paolo) Grazie. {Thank you.} (looks at the two vampires) Blood?” Angel just stood there with a very confused look on his face. Spike didn’t seem to even be paying attention anymore. When they didn’t respond Ilona became a tad bit concerned.

“Angel? Spike? Is something the matter?” She waved her hand in front of the two. It seemed to snap Angel out of his reverie because he looked at her.

“Oh sorry. Just thought it wouldn’t be that simple. Usually there’s arguments and fights before an agreement is reached.”

“(laughs) Silly Americans. In Italy we are peaceful. The two clans easily agreed to the terms.”

“But... they’re not equal.”

“Yes well apparently the Suikotsu didn’t really need the land, they just wanted some. The Onigumo decided they would rather give up a small part of their land then have a war.”

“(angrily laughs) Well I’m sure glad I spent nine hours in that bleedin’ plane just to sign papers with some demons.”

“(growls) Spike...! Just be quiet.” Ilona noticed the tense build in the room and tried to calm the vampires.

“Personally I love to travel. The freedom of just escaping, it’s-.”

“Well I hate it. When can we get the sodding papers signed!?”

“The two clan leaders will be at a party tonight so you can do the signing then.”

“Great. Can we leave now.” Angel quickly shoved Spike out of the doors.

“Sorry about him. Thanks for your help.”

“Pleasure is ours. You two have fun tonight.”

“Thanks again.” He quickly grabbed the papers, exited the office, and pulled Spike down a hall.

“What is wrong with you?! Ever attempt to be civil? Without the papers there’s going to be a war most likely. Now unless you can fight by yourself do not upset the ally.”

“Piss off mate! You got your bloody papers. Be happy.” Spike quickly stalked away towards the front door.

“(takes a calming, un-needed breath) if he survives it’ll be a miracle.” Angel walked back to the car to find Paolo waiting.

“Where’s the other guy?”

“I was given the task of taking you both to the party.”

“Right...” Angel got into the car and heard obscenities and growls coming from Spike. This was going to be a long night.
(TBC)
Hotels And Buffy Are Unmixy by insanementalchild
Hotels And Buffy Are Unmixy Part One

“(intercom) Welcome to Rome ladies and gentlemen. We have arrived on time and the weather is clear. Please remain seated until the seat belt sign is turned off.” Buffy continued looking out the window, inspecting the new area. She shook her head and turned to Andrew. He had fallen back asleep. She poked him in the shoulder.

“Andrew?” His eyes opened and he attempted to stretch in his seat.

“Sorry I nodded off. Been a lil’ excited. Guess it caught up with me.”

“No big. So where exactly do we go when we get off the plane?”

“There’s supposed to be a car that will pick us up. One problem is that we couldn’t find an English speaking driver.”

“(slightly panicked) What? How are we supposed to get along?”

“Sorry lil’ forgetful. I speak Italian so we’re good to go.” Buffy gave him a dark look. He had made her panic. Buffy Summers didn’t panic.

“I said I was sorry. Besides I didn’t think you’d care.”

“Ah well. So long as you handle the talking, I’ll handle the ass kicking.” The seat belt sign turned off and they began to slowly get off the plane.

When they walked out into the main terminal they noticed a man holding a sign that said “Summers”. Buffy saw the sign of started walking in the direction.

“He’s over there.” They met up with the man and Buffy let Andrew speak for them.

“Ciao. (gestures towards Buffy) Quella é ms l’Summers .{Hello. That is Ms. Summers}.”

“Ciao. Mi sono delto a per escort al vostro hotel. {Hello. I was told to escort you to your hotel}.”

“Si grazie. (shakes hand) Sono Andrew Richards. E siete? {Yes thank you. I am Andrew Richards. And you are}?”

“Sono Guido Tommaso. Place vole oer venrli a contatto. Segualo prego. {I am Guide Tomasso. Pleased to meet you. Please follow me}.” Buffy watched the man walk away and Andrew follow after. None of the conversation said between them had made any sense to her but since Andrew didn’t look back at her then she guessed the driver was fine. She looked around her, shrugged, and followed after the men.

When they got outside “Guido” toke their bags and put them in the car. Andrew opened the door and motioned for Buffy to get in. When the doors were shut the car pulled away and made its way to their destination.

“Uh Andrew... where are we going?”

“Oh we’re going to La Europa.”

“La wha?”


“It’s the hotel.”

“...Right. Should I call Giles?”

“Sure.” Andrew looked at her for a few seconds before looking back outside. Buffy dug around in her bag trying to find her phone. Lip balm, mirror, stake, pen, stupid phone where are you... ah here you are. She withdrew the phone from her bag with a smile. She flipped it open and dialled Giles’ number.

“Hey, is this Giles?... Oh okay I’ll wait... Hello?...Hey Giles...Yeah our flight landed maybe a half an hour ago...Okay...So about this girl...We’re in the cab...Yeah so where should I go to get her or whatever?...Seriously?!....Yay us...Yes I know it’s business...Well I guess I’ll call you later...Yeah bye>”

“So what’s going on?”

“We get to party, and get this new slay- girl at the same time.”

“Oh yay!”

“Hey, no more Zima for you.” Buffy gave him a stern look remembering the last time Andrew had gotten drunk. Poor Xander.

“I didn’t mean to. I was just-.”

“You were drunken under the table. You came onto Xander.”

“Yeah but-.”

“No more Zima. That’s the end.”

“...Fine.”

“Same goes for me. Drunk Buffy innit fun Buffy.” She remembered her lil’ mental time travel after drinking beer from the bar. No need to become cave girl again. She remembered going out with Spike for information, and with the falling on her ass. But just the single thought of Spike sobered and looked out the window. Andrew noticed her change in expression. He know what had caused it but decided not to question her on it.

“....So do you know where we’re supposed to go ?”

“Giles didn’t give a name. He said it was right across from the hotel and we would know.”

“Cool. Party!” Buffy gave him a look and he knew that business came first. Before they could get into a new conversation the cab pulled up in front of the hotel. Guido quickly came around and opened their doors. When Buffy got out she looked over her new surroundings.

“(mutters) Wow.” She looked over the entrance noticing that the hotel was old, but very up to date. Glad the Council is picking up the tab. A few evil thoughts filtered through her head but she decided Giles wouldn’t be happy.

“At least we’re not paying for this. All that detail outside... I can only imagine what our rooms will be like.” Andrew walked away excitedly to check in. Buffy watched him and shook her head. Maybe the boy needed meds. She continued to examine the hotel and tried not to feel small. Everything was huge compared to her normal world. She began to feel overwhelmed but caught herself. She was the Slayer, she didn’t get overwhelmed in a stupid hotel. Buffy randomly began to walk down a hall and she gave herself a talk. After a few minutes she looked around and didn’t know where she was.

“Damnit! Bad Buffy. Why can’t-.” She quickly shut herself up. The people around her had magically grown ears and were giving her strange looks. Buffy pasted a small smile on her face and quickly made her way in the direction she thought was the lobby. When she finally found her way back Andrew appeared to be running around looking for her.

“Andrew! I’m over here.” His head snapped in her direction and he bounded
towards her.


“Hey! I got our room. Where’d you go?”

“Andrew breathe...”

“Right. In and out. Got it.”

“So I’m going to head up. I need to give Wil a call.” Andrew thanked whatever god or goddess that made Buffy not hear the one room fact.

“Okay, then we can go party?”

“(sighs) Yes we can go party, after we get the Slayer.”

“Yay!”

“Andrew-.”

“Yeah I know breathe.” He handed her the key and told her where to go.

“Thanks. See you later.”

“See ya later.”
Part Two

As the car pulled in front of a large hotel Spike rolled his eyes. Angel always had to have the biggest hotels.

“(mumbles)Flashy ponce.”

“Do you have something to say!?”

“A’ course not mate. Always gotta have your lifts.”

“Lifts?! I do not use lifts you idiot.”

“‘Splain the hotel then.”

“Not my idea. It was Ms. Blanchi.”

“Uh huh.”

“I swear to... I’ll kill you if you say another-.”

“(intercom)Scusi la mia interruzione, ma siamo arrivato alla vostra destinazione. {Excuse my interruption but we have arrived at your destination}.”

“Grazie Paolo.{Thank you Paolo}.” The car quickly came to a stop. Angel attempted to knock Spike down a few pegs but was interrupted by the door opening.”

“Ha, hel- hello Engel. Afe a nuyce de.” Angel tried not to laugh and gave Paolo a small smile. Spike growled in th car and got out.

“Good job.” Spike gave Paolo a thumbs-up to clear the meaning.
“Th-thank... grazie.{thank you}.” Spike grabbed his bag and looked around. He saw a revolving door and a golden sign naming the hotel “La Europa”. Spike rolled his eyes for what he felt was like the millionth time that day. Angel had an ego the size of “Europa”. Spike walked through the door and looked to see where the brooding forehead had trotted off to.

“Here’s the key.” Angel handed Spike a small plastic card.

“Uh mate. Where’s the key?”

“Dumb ass. The plastic is the key.”

“Soddin’ technology. Why can’t those humans just-.” He felt a presence. It was strongly familiar. Spike and Angel met eyes for a second.

“Did you just-.”

“Yeah. Didn’t-.”

“Impossible.” Spike shook his head and growled loudly. He grabbed his key back from Angel and stalked off. This trip was turning out to be a bitch. As he walked closer to his room the presence grew stronger. A lone tear fell down his face. The Powers were evil. He growled and angrily wiped the tear away. When he stepped into his room the presence was gone.

“What the hell?” He shook his head and walked in farther.

“You’re insane mate. Get it together.” He fell onto the bed. Five o’ clock. Only two more hours left.

~ ~(inside Angel’s room)

Angel paced inside his room. What the hell had happened down there? It had felt like Buffy was in the room. But she was miles away in London.

“I really need to get out of this country.” He sat down in a chair and felt a brood coming on. Two hours before the contract and then he was free of Europe.

~ ~(Buffy and Andrew’s room)

“Stupid cheap council. Why do we have to be in the same room. If they can’t afford two rooms then don’t fucking put us in this huge hotel.”
“It’s not so bad. I’ll leave and walk around when you need to get dressed, or if you need some space.” Buffy sighed and sat on what she called her area of the room.

“Plane travel and Buffy are unmixy things. Sorry for being all bitchy.”

“What do you ‘mix’ with?” Buffy shot him a warning glare.

“I’m taking a shower. You come in and I swear you’ll wish the Hellmouth would swallow you.”

“Someone needs to chill out. Jeez.”

“Whatever.” She shut the door to the bathroom and locked it. She turned the shower knob on and was overwhelmed by the presence of... Spike.

“(whimpers)No.” A sob escaped her throat as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“How could this be happening. He’s...-“

“Buffy... are you okay? I heard you talking to-.”

“I’m fine. Thinking out loud sorry.”

“Okay...” Buffy waited a few seconds and then stepped into the shower. Her brain filled with thoughts and she went on autopilot. Before she knew it she was standing next to the bed clean and dressed. She fell onto the bed, her eyelids getting heavy. The jet lag was catching up with her. She was asleep within minutes.
(tbc)
Gettin' All Dressed Up by insanementalchild
Gettin’ all dressed up

Spike awoke with a start. The presence was back. And there was something pounding on his door.

“Spike! Wake up!”

“(mutters) Sodding wanker.” Spike glanced at the clock and saw that it was 6:30.
He got up and stretched slowly just to piss Angel off.

“I swear Spike get up! This is important!”

“Sorry can’t hear you!”

“Spike!!” Spike rolled his eyes and opened the door.

“Someone needs to chill out.”

“Do you want me to kick your ass!?”

“Actually that would be fun. ‘Cuz then I could do the same ya’ ponce.”

“(growls) You have half an’ hour. Then we’re leaving.”

“Aw. Our first date.”

“Spike...”

“Ta.” He shut the door in Angel’s face. A smile appeared on his face as he heard his grandsire stomp off. Nothing like annoying the pansy. He decided he mine as well change before the “party”. He smelled like the plane. Not a nice smell.

When he stepped into the shower the presence appeared again. Only this time stronger.

“Bloody hell. Why won’t you stop messing with me!? If I can’t have her then why are you torturing me!” He slammed his fist against the wall. The Powers were pure evil. He stalked out of the shower and dressed quickly. Can’t wait to get out of this sodding country. He grabbed his fags and lighter and walked out of the room. He saw Angel storming his way and he groaned.

“There you are. Ready yet?”

“(growls) Yeah. You need time to primp your hair?”


“No. Just be quiet and this night will be over soon.”

“Right, ‘cuz you can’t wait till you can go off and brood.”

“Do you always have to insult everyone?”

“No, just you.” Spike gave him a snarky smile and stalked off

“Idiot.”

~ ~ Buffy & Andrew’s room

“Buffy? You need to wake up.” Buffy slowly rolled over and tried to block the annoying voice out.

“Buffy... don’t you want to get ready?”

“(growls quietly) Go away.”

“The party’s in like thirty minutes.” Buffy sat up and gave him a warning glare.

“Ok, then I’ll just go get the Slayer and have a Zima.” Buffy didn’t seem to care so Andrew pouted at her.

“Oh c’mon Buffy. Please.” Buffy groaned and stood up.

“Fine, since you won’t leave me alone I won’t be able to go to sleep. And stop with the pouting... it’s ooky.” Andrew’s look brightened and he excitedly got up from her bed.

“Aren’t you excited? An actual Italian party!”

“(groans) Just peachy.”

“Someone’s all bad moody.”

“Yeah I am. Sleep is needed. Sleep not given. All that’s left is sleepy Slayer.”

“(mumbles) Party pooper.”

“(growls) I’m going to the damn party ok. Also I’m letting you come. Do not push me.”

“Fine. I’ll just go outside and walk around.”

“Fine.” Buffy stalked into the bathroom. She waited for the door to close before she came back out.

“Stupid Andrew.” She opened her bag and attempted to find something partyish.

“Nope... just plain Buffy.” She grabbed a pair of black pants and her red halter, She stood in front of the door. She rested her head against the door.

“Why me?” Of course she had been asking that question for years now and still hadn’t been given an answer. Buffy gave one last wishful look back and the snuggly bed and then opened the door and left. She locked at her watch and noticed it was 6:50.

“Just one more day then I’m home free.” She began to walk down the hall en route to the hotel lobby. When she arrived a quick look around revealed Andrew’s location. He was standing with a group of random people jumping around. The boy really needs meds.

“Hey Andrew.”

“Buffy! Look at the people I met. Isn’t it awesome? Actual Italians to hang out with.”

“It’s... neat.” They all went through the normal introductions and small talk. Soon they all made their way out of the hotel and moved on towards the Blue
Fish.

~ ~ Angel’s room

“I can’t believe you forgot the papers. You’re the one who keeps making a big deal about them.”

“Spike... Shut up!”

“Sing me a new one mate. That one’s gettin’ old.”

“If you could just be silent for a minute I’m sure hell would probably freeze over.”

“Bloody ha ha.” Angel looked at Spike and shook his head. For like the billionth time he wondered how that could have ever been his grandchilde. And sadly was still his grandchilde. He saw the papers on the counter and quickly grabbed them.

“Let’s move.”

“(salutes Angel) Yes sir.” Angel rolled his eyes and stalked out the door. Spike looked over the room quickly and followed after.

When they got to the lobby Angel stopped and read over the papers.

“(mutters) Shit.”

“What now?”

“I’m guessing you don’t know where the party is. We’re sort of screwed.”

“What is up with this ‘we’ crap!? There is just a you. I’m simply tagging along because I get bored easily.”
“You came with me. We got on the plane. We have to get these papers signed or you might not see another night.”

“Oh... I’m so scared. The brooding forehead threatened me. (growls) Now I see why you chose this huge hotel. Your ego can’t fit in a normal one.”

“I swear-.” Something tapped Angel on the shoulder.

“What!?”

“S-sorry, but I was wondering if everything was alright. You’re disturbing the other guests.” Angel stared at the girl for a few seconds. Finally someone who speaks English.

“Oh... sorry. Um no everything’s ok.”

“...Okay. Well I hope you two enjoy your stay.”

“Thanks.” Angel watched the hotel worker walk away and turned back to Spike.

“As much as it pains me to say this... but can you do me a favour?”

“Me do you a favour? I don’t know. What’s in it for me?”

“Spike...”

“(growls) Fine... just this once. What is it?”

“Call Ms. Blanchi and ask where the meeting is taking place.”

“And why exactly can’t you do that?”

“Because you probably have to communicate with people that don’t speak English.”

“(growls quietly)Fine. Be back.” Angel watched Spike walked towards the hall and then finally disappear. He wondered to himself if Spike would even bother to come back with the right information. Or even come back at all.

~ ~ 10 minutes later

Spike emerged from the hall with a piece of paper in hand. He got into the lobby and spotted Angel, asleep in a chair. How pathetic. I was gone for a few minutes and he fell asleep. It was too tempting. Spike leaned in close to Angel’s ear.

“Oh my god! You’re on fire!” Angel fell out of the chair with a high-pitched squeak.

“What?! Fire get it-.” Angel was taken out of his panic by the sound of Spike’s laughter.

“(laughs) You were so pathetic. You fell out of the... and the squeak.”

“(growls loudly) You! I could just kill yo-.”

“Sirs! Please remove your loud activities from my hotel lobby at once.”

“(strained) Sorry.” Angel tried not to get furious at the small man. He gave the man an apologetic smile and made his way out the door. Spike just kept laughing and watched.

“You, Mr. Leather Coat. Get out!”

“(growls)I will leave when I want. I paid for my room.”

“I do not care of your payment. Leave at this moment or I will call the police.” Spike gave the man a look over. If only he could drain him.

“Fine. But I will be back.” He gave the man his trademark cocky smile and left. He found Angel waiting for him.

“You almost got us kicked out. Don’t you ever pull anything like that again!”

“Yes da, I’ll be a good boy.”

“Whatever. Where’s this thing happening?” Spike didn’t answer him. He just walked across the street towards a building titled the Blue Fish.
(tbc)
When In Rome... You Party by insanementalchild
Author's Notes:
last chappie... idk y but i posted the entire thing 2day... but i felt like it... sng and lyrics "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls
When In Rome... You Party! Part One

When Buffy stepped into the club she was overwhelmed with loud music and hordes of people.

“(shouts)Andrew! What is this place?”

“Don’t know. They said it was called the Blue Fish. Isn’t it awesome?”

“Not the first word that comes to my mind... Well I’m gonna fetch a drink. Want one?”

“Zima?” Buffy gave him a warning look.

“Fine... sprite?”

“You got it.” She looked out on the dance floor and then made her way to the bar. She saw the bartender and tried to get his attention.

“Ciao, che cosa posso ottenervi? {Hello, what can I get you?}”

“Uh, you don’t speak English do you?”

“Ah, you are an American.”

“Yep. You’re like the only person here that speaks my lingo.”

“Lingo?”

“Yeah it’s like language.”

“Ah. So what can I get you?”

“Sprite and a water.”

“That is no fun. Unless of course you are under 18, then it is a lot of fun.” Buffy raised an eyebrow and retrieved her I.D.

“See... over 18.”

“Then I stick with my comment.”

“Me and alcohol are unmixy things.”

“What is this ‘unmixy’?”

“Sorry, habit. It’s Buffy language. It’s a new thing.”

“Right. Nice to meet you Buffy. I am Roberto.”

“Coolness.”

“You have a lot of words that are your own.”

“Yeah, sorry. Not used to talking with people that don’t speak English.”

“Understood.” He gave her a smile and went to get her drinks.

“Here you go.”

“Thanks. Well that’s my beverage needs. Nice talking with you.”


“Yes, I did not that I would learn new words.”

“Just call me lingo girl.”

“Have fun.”

“You too. Well fun jobness.” She waved good-bye to him and tossed a five on
the bar top. She went in search of Andrew and soon spotted him.

“Andrew!”

“Wha- oh hey Buff.”

“Here’s your sprite.”

“Where’s your drink.”

“Water.”

“That’s boring.”

“Too bad. I’d prefer to stay sober Buffy thank you very much.”

“Saw you chattin’ it up with the bartender. He’s a cutie.”

“Oh Roberto?... That was just conversation to pass time.”

“Uh huh. You know his name. I bet you’ll get some.”

“Andrew! That is just gross. One I don’t know the guy and hello I’m not a hoe-bag.”

“Well you never-.”

“I know. Go dance and drink your non-alcoholic sprite.”

“Whatever you say... Why don’t you come with me. It’ll be fun. You haven’t had fun in like ever.”

“Or I could retrieve the new Slayer girl and go back to the hotel.”

“Party pooper.” She narrowed her eyes at him.

“I am not. I’m tired. But anyways how are we supposed to find her?”

“I don’t know. Call Giles. He’ll know.”

“(groans) I don’t wanna’. He gets all chatty and then it gets annoying.”

“Fine I’ll do it.”

“Yay. I don’t have to.”

“Yeah whatever. You owe me.”

“Yeah right.” Andrew walked away attempting to find a good place to hear. Buffy spotted a table and sat down at it.

After about 10 minutes Andrew came back, but had a girl in tow. That stupid dork. He found her. Now I have to Slayer sit.

“Hey Buffy. This is Brook.”

“Hey, obviously I’m Buffy. Nice to meet you.”

“Hullo Buffy.”

“There no worry I don’t bite. Unless provoked.” When Brook stepped back a step Buffy scolded herself. Nice goin’ buddy. You scared her.


“Sorry it’s just a joke.”

“Oh... (strained laugh).”

“So yeah. Where did you come from.”

“I am from around here. But I was born in America.”

“That’s uber cool.”

“Uber?”

“Sorry... I have odd words. I need to work on using them.”

“Oh... ok.”

“Someone needs to learn a new language.”

“Stupid up. Did high school. Did college. The Buffy learning lane is closed.”

“Coughstubborncough.”

“Andrew...”

“Fine. Well I guess I’m gonna head back out there and get my boogie on. Any
takers?” Buffy rolled her eyes. This boy had extreme issues.

“I guess I will. This is my first time coming here. I here with some other people.”

“Cool so are we. Or at least I am. Buffy here has something against fun things.”

“I do not. I’m just not in the party mood.”

“You haven’t done like anything party wise since-.”

“Andrew two words of advice. Be quiet.”

“Fine be that way. Well we’re gonna go out on the floor. Have fun sitting here.”

“Bye.”

“Nice to meet you.”

“Same.” She watched them walk off and rested her head on her hands. This could very well turn into a very long night.

~ ~ Part Two

When Angel and Spike walked into the meeting place their eardrums almost split. Then they noticed the sea of people gyrating to the music

“You’d think that they could turn it down a bit. Bleedin’ loud.”

“Yeah. Definitely.” Angel noticed a door labelled “VIP” and signalled that that
was their meeting area. Once they got closer to the door they noticed the huge thing guarding the door. Angel said something to the guard and the door opened.

“He is expecting you.” Angel gave the not-so-human guy a cautious look and stepped into the room. Spike just growled and followed. As soon as they stepped through the door all the noise disappeared. The only other things in the room were the demon clan leaders. On the left there was a purple blob of muscle. It was built like a tank. The leader next to him was completely different. It was tall and thing, but its head was a weapon. It had a huge mouth covered in sharp fangs. Its black eyes followed their every move. The two vampires became cautious thinking that it was a trap. Oddly enough the purple blob spoke first with a civilized voice.

“Welcome gentlemen. I am Renkutsou, leader of the Suikutsou clan.”

“Hello, I’m Angel, CEO of Wolfram & Hart in Los Angeles. That is Spike. He’s my... associate.” Spike just looked from Angel to the demons sitting on the couch with no reaction. Angel looked at the thin demon. This must be the client... I guess.

“And you’re the Onigumo leader...?” The thin demon just slowly nodded.

“This one is called ‘Glib’ by the human language.”

“Please to meet you both.” He held out his hand but got nothing in return. There were a few minutes of awkward silence before anyone spoke again. Angel pulled out the papers and layed them on the table.

“These are the papers that Ms. Blanchi, CEO o-.”

“Yes we know of her. She is very lovely.”

“Of course. Well all that is needed is the signatures of you and Mr. Glib and then this whole thing can be resolved.” Angel placed the papers closer to the leaders in fear that it won’t be as simple and Ms. Blanchi had said it would be. Please make this work. I’m not in the mood to kick ass.

After a few minutes Renkutsou signed the papers and passed it to Glib. He tilted his head examining it. Then he picked it up and began to read it. Everyone seemed to be on edge. It was so quiet that it seemed you could hear Glib’s eyes moving as he read the lines. Finally he picked up the pen and carefully signed the papers. He placed them in front on Angel and nodded. The vampire let out a breathe and relaxed a little bit. It was over.

“Thank you gentlemen. For your time and cooperation. It is greatly appreciated.” Renkutsou shook Angel’s hand and stepped out a back door. Angel looked down at his goo covered palm. He wiped it off on his pants and went to shake Glib’s hand. All the demon did was look at the hand and walked out the door. Angel watched the demons leave and went to leave the signing room. Spike gave the room the once-over and stalked out.

“What the hell was that? Are you trying to get us all killed?!”

“What are you even talking about?”

“You know your demon boy ‘Glib’? Well their species can’t speak. Or express emotion. And there you go Mr. Friendly. Stupid ponce. ‘Least I acted appropriately. Probably saved your ass.”

“Shut up Spike.”

“Sing me a new one. That one’s tired. I’ve told you this more than once.”

“Whatever. I’m gonna look around.”

“You do that mate.” Spike looked around for a bar and spotted one. He definitely needed a good drink.

“Che cosa é il vostro veleno? {What’s your poison?}”

“Sbatti-. {Whisk-.}” He could smell Buffy. But how was that possible? And why
did this bartender smell like her.

“Desiderate un whisky?... Signore? {You want a whiskey?... Sir?}”

“Che cosa?... I’cOh si. {What?...Oh yes.}” As Spike watched the bartender serve his drink up he growled. There was something wrong with him smelling like his Slayer.

“Qui il ya va. {Here ya go.}”

“Grazie. {Thanks.}” He threw back his shot and placed a five on the counter top. This trip was turning out to be quite the bitch. He noticed a free table and sat down at it as he watched the people dancing. There was so much motion. Like a sea of people. He could barely hear the pounding of their blood over the music. Yet he didn’t feel tempted to kill. That was a shock. After the night he had had he should have wanted to kill something. But not tonight. England called to him desperately.

And I’d give up forever to touch you
‘Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You’re the closest thing to heaven that I’ll ever be
And I don’t want to go home right now

Buffy yawned and watched the crowds of people dance. She wanted to be out there but couldn’t find the energy to stand up. She wished she was sitting at the Bronze. But it was a pile of rubble in a huge ditch that once was Sunnydale. As she looked out into the crowd she spotted Andrew. He was jumping around the group of people that they had came with. Along side him was Brook. They all seemed to be having a good time.

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
and sooner or later it’s over
I just don’t want to miss you tonight

As Spike watched the lights flash and the speakers vibrate he felt like he was in a prison. It was just like the Bronze. Only Buffy wasn’t on the dance floor dancing with the rest of her mates.
He spotted Angel talking to some blonde chit and rolled his eyes. Apparently Angel wasn’t involved with the werewolf girl. He got up from his chair and walked over.

“Angel.”

“(growls quietly) What now Spi-.”

“No need to get your knickers in a twist. Just tellin’ ya that I’m headin’ out.”

“Oh... whatever.” He turned back to the girl and didn’t even notice that Spike
was still talking to him. Spike growled at his Sire and stalked through the crowd.

And I don’t want the world to see me
‘Cause I don’t think that they’d understand
When everything’s meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Buffy checked her phone and saw that it was getting on ten o’ clock. She decided the she should head back and get some sleep. She searched through the crowd trying to find Andrew yet again and quickly found him. She got up from the table and checked to make sure that she had everything. She walked up to Andrew and tapped him on the shoulder.

“Andrew.”

“Wha.. Oh buffy. Finally decided to stop being the wallflower?”

“Actually no. I’m just going back up to the room. Tired and bored. Be sure to
come back sober and with Brook.

“Ok. Have a good sleep.”


“Ok. Night.”

As she walked towards the door she felt Spike’s presence. It grew stronger with each step she took. She looked around trying to figure out why she was feeling him. Then she spotted faint hope. A shock of bright blonde hair.

“(mutters) Oh my god. It can’t be.”

~ ~ Part Three

Spike knew he heard her little voice. Could feel the Slayer in her calling to him. He looked wildly around him trying to find her. She was somewhere in this club. He would bet his unlife on it.

“Buffy! Where are you?!” He continued to search through the crowds. When he could no longer tell where he had and hadn’t looked he closed his eyes and concentrated. He felt her presence off to the left and quickly made his way over.

“Buffy!” He noticed she was looking for something or someone. In the back of his mind he hoped it was for him. When he got sight of her he ran. Just before he reached her see turned around. Her eyes widened as she took him in.

“(whispers)Spike?”

“‘Ello luv.”

“Oh my god. I missed you.” She ran into his arms. He was real. Not another dream. He wasn’t dust.

And you can’t fight the tears that ain’t comin’
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you’re alive.

It felt so good to have her back in his arms. He could feel the tears rolling down his face but he didn’t care. She was his again. She slowly looked up into his eyes and saw the tears. Using her thumbs she wiped them away.

“You’re not dust.”

“Nope, I’m 100% real.”

“I’m not dreaming?”

“Let’s find out.” He lowered his mouth onto to her’s in a tender kiss, trying to express all his emotions. As she pulled away tears streaked down her cheeks. He was with her again. She hugged him, making sure that she wouldn’t lose him again. That would never happen.

And I don’t want the world to see me
‘Cause I don’t think that they’d understand
When everything’s made broken
I just want you to know who I am

Spike looked deep into her eyes. How he had missed seeing the sparkle in her eyes.

“I want you to know that no matter what I will always love even if I’m dust.”

“Love you too.” At first he was in shock. But then it sank in. She loved him. Buffy saw the happiness and wonder in his eyes and laughed. He really didn’t think she had meant what she said.


“Now that’s a noise that I miss. Need to hear it more often.”

“Well we’re gonna need to do something about that then.”

“Yeah we’re gunna work on that. Let’s get out of here.”

“Agreed. My hotel’s across the street. A’ course Andrew is there or will be there so that’ll be odd.”

“Wow small world. I’m in the same hotel.”

“Really? That is so cool.” Happiness lite up her face.
“I felt you today. You’re presence. I thought the Powers were just pulling my chain. Again.”

“Same. But we’re both here. In solid fleshy goodness.” He smiled down at her. Even though her language was odd he wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. She grabbed his hand and led him out of the noisy club. Slayer and vampire. Together at last.
END

note: duh im making a sequel... but i havent thought up a good title and my spuffy brain it kinda not in the writing mood.... hope u enjoyed this fic...
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=14568