Letters From Buffy by jamies_lady
Summary: Letters from Buffy to her friends as she goes about her new life in LA. All Human, very different style
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 21 Completed: Yes Word count: 39602 Read: 21460 Published: 02/03/2007 Updated: 04/07/2007

1. writing Home by jamies_lady

2. Chapter 2 by jamies_lady

3. Letters for friends by jamies_lady

4. letters to America by jamies_lady

5. more letters to america by jamies_lady

6. Wedding Bells by jamies_lady

7. shattered dreams by jamies_lady

8. home by jamies_lady

9. Wedding plans by jamies_lady

10. clearing the air by jamies_lady

11. arranging the concert by jamies_lady

12. concert time by jamies_lady

13. family ties by jamies_lady

14. off on tour by jamies_lady

15. The end of the tour by jamies_lady

16. Party at The Palace by jamies_lady

17. Home again by jamies_lady

18. Spike Devlin strikes back by jamies_lady

19. Laura by jamies_lady

20. wedding arrangments by jamies_lady

21. Wedding Day by jamies_lady

writing Home by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
I have written this as a series of letters telling the story. It's all human and different from anything i have written before. I hope you enjoy
Dear Dawnie,

Well here I am, all settled in the dorm. It feels like being back at boarding school. I am sharing the room with a lovely girl called Willow. She’s red haired, funny and very bright so tell mum I’ve already found someone to help if get stuck with the studying. I feel so lucky being able to spend a year in America and Sunnydale U is everything we were promised. I’ve met the Special Agents in charge of my security. Riley Finn is definitely your type, tall dark and handsome, however he’s more likely to fancy Xander!!. ‘Don’t ask, don’t tell’ comes to mind. However he will be in charge of the team looking after me. There’s Sam, she’s lovely and will be doing all the girly things and a couple of others around as well, who I get to meet next week.

It seems an awful lot of fuss, but the security here is taken much more seriously. You’d think I was Cousin James the way they panic over every little thing. It’s just like staying at the Palace with Aunty Liz and Uncle Charles. They say I’ve got to do some training in unarmed combat. I’m sorry, don’t tell mum, but I wound them up complaining that I’d break a nail, and I haven’t told them I’m a black belt. Next week should be fun…I’ve been given a panic button to press if I get into trouble and everything. It made me want to come home!

Anyway, there is a huge library with an Englishman called Rupert Giles in charge. I go tomorrow to get book lists and stuff from him.
I have a lovely room, with a sitting area and a small kitchenette. There are two bedrooms and a bathroom, but the walls are Dull. I can see me spending a lot of money on posters.

Sam will have the spare room across the hall so even at night I can’t escape the babysitter. At least she’s nice. Remember that awful Mrs. Walsh that came to be the housekeeper/ nannie, and only stayed a couple of weeks? She was dreadful wasn’t she? I was so glad when Mommy got rid of her. Anyway Sam is nice and she can cook as well.

Must go now; Willow has arrived to show me around the campus and introduce me to some people. Tell mum to watch the inbox and I’ll email her tomorrow.

Oh and by the way, please address letters to Miss Buffy Summers, not Lady Elizabeth Summers. I’ve not told everyone and want to keep it quiet its not like Oxford where there are others with better titles And I don’t want to appear a show-off; there are enough of those around here as it is.

Buffy










Dear Mum,
Thank you. I know I don’t say it often enough, but thanks. Especially after I found the credit card. Don’t worry, I won’t go silly, but it will really help. Last night Willow and I went to a club called the Bronze. We had a great time. Soft drinks only, as I’m underage here. 19 is underage; that seems very odd to me. I run a business that has a brewery as part of it, but can’t drink over here. How stupid is that, even if drink and Buffy are unmixy things.

Anyway I’m being really well looked after by security; there was a guy called Parker who asked me to dance. Well we were just dancing when his hands seem to get everywhere. Then he tried to kiss me and grab my arse. I said no…lots; but the guy seemed to go really deaf so I left him and went back to the table. Willow, Anya and Faith and I went to the dance floor about 10 minutes later and he followed us. Grabbed me and tried to kiss me again and wouldn’t back off. Yuck. I pressed the panic button as Faith pulled him off of me him and in ran Riley and co, guns drawn and arrested him and a couple of others who had joined in with the fight. It spoiled the atmosphere somewhat. The band stopped and all the lights went on which disturbed the odd couple here and there and I thought my cover would be blown but Riley pretended that they were being arrested for something else, which was really neat of him. They are being done for drunk and disorderly. I just hope Faith and Willow will forgive me for not telling all. Help mom, you’re the American. How do I play it?






Dear Mum,
Hi, well I’m turning Californian. After 19 years you finally have another American in the family. I’ve had my hair done. See photo. All blonde now. What do you think? How is everything at home?

I did what you suggested and invited everyone in the group out for a meal and explained everything. About the Title, the castle, my duty, everything. Luckily they understood and the questions were more along the lines of ‘how old did you say your house was?’ The answer of 800 years really gave them the Wiggins. And ‘What is your full name?’, ‘And do you have any family?’, ‘And are you really related to the King and Queen?’… I think it freaked them a bit when I referred to Aunt Liz and Uncle Charles. So I seem to have met ‘good people.’

I’ve met a girl doing business studies called Anya She’s a friend of Willow’s and is very outspoken. But wonderful.

She and I have chatted about some ideas for keeping Traymour Castle going financially. A £2million repair bill has to be paid for some how. Some of the ideas seem really good and I will talk to you later when I’m home about us putting them into action.

Willow is into witchcraft so I can’t wait to show her around if she comes over with me next summer. Do you think she’ll like the stone circles? I think she’d like Tara too. How’s Tara doing at college? Teacher training going well, I hope. Thanks for helping her out with that. In her last letter she said that she’d signed up to do at least three years in the village school. So I’ll see her lots when I’m home.

Faith is a ‘bad girl’ at least that’s what she pretends. But heart of gold is true as well, studying psychology ‘if you’re as mixed up as me you should at least know why’J~

Giles is a sweetie. He seems to be a father figure to a lot of the students here. Although there are councillors everywhere he is always there for a chat. Willow and Faith have known him for years. And from what I can gather he has always been the same. He recognised me from some publicity we did for the castle last year and I had to ask him not to keep calling me ‘my lady.’

Studying this afternoon, so I’m being good. Must go.

Buffy

Dear Tara,
Thanks for the letter and I’m glad college is going so well. I have NEWS.
I went to the library yesterday, and yes I do know what they are for, and met the librarian’s nephew. William Giles.

He is gorgeous. Brown curls and the bluest eyes you have ever seen. He has a degree in English lit, specialising in the Victorian romantic poets. He’s over here doing some research for his PhD and plays in a band. We are going out tomorrow night for dinner so I’ll let you know how things go.
Buffy




Dear Tara,
Things went great; even if he drives a beat up old Desoto .I’m seeing him again on Friday for a party at one of the Frat houses…after test hell. His Uncle is a poppet as well; every time we embarrass him he takes his glasses off to clean them. I think I’m falling head over heels in love and wishing you were here to share.

It seems like a lifetime since we’ve had a girls' night in. I really miss them. A good DVD a bottle of nail polish and just gossiping the whole time. Do you remember when Xander broke in on us and found us both with face packs on? I’m still not sure who screamed loudest. Him or us. He swore that we were demons out to get him.

Will write more soon. Willow is telling me its time for study group.
Buffy
Chapter 2 by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
Thanks to those who reviewed. It means a lot
Dear Lorne,
When we met at the Princes’ Trust concert last year you said if I ever saw any likely talent to let you know. Well I have. They play in Sunnydale at the Bronze regularly and I feel that they have that certain something. They are called Dingoes Ate My Baby and I would recommend them to you. I’m sure these guys would be great for Caritas.
Please don’t tell them I told you. I’m trying to hide a little here. So any letters or enquires should be addressed to Miss Buffy Summers. If you send Cordy please tell her that she shouldn’t ‘know’ me. It would be too hard to explain to everyone.
Lady Elizabeth Summers





Dear Tara

Well as promised on more than one occasion, a long letter. It was wonderful to speak to you on the phone the other day. I really miss our chats. Life is wonderful here. William is sweet and kind. I came home to find rose petals everywhere. It seems he’d got the key from Willow and ‘did’ the room out to mark our 3-month anniversary. There were candles, and wine, strawberries and more roses. And a bath run with vanilla bubbles. He bathed me, wrapped me up in a towel and we watched DVD’s until late. I am so much in love it hurts sometimes. Mom seemed to like him lots when she came over. I caught them sharing hot chocolates and chatting a couple of times. His band is doing really well. They are seeing some people from the record industry next month, doing an audition for them, so are rehearsing non-stop at the moment. Things are going exceptionally well. Willow has fallen for the base player. Dan Osborne, known as Oz. So she’s out quite regularly, when William is free. And surprisingly has the same evenings free that I doJ

Riley is still watching over me. He and Sam came with me to LA last week. William thought there was something going on between us and it took a while to make him realise that he is the one and only. There are a few skeletons hidden in his closet from a previous relationship. Her name was Cecily and she kept telling him that she was way above him, he was below her; you know the type. It seems her father had money. How am I going to tell him about me without him feeling inferior? Well I will let you know how that goes as I’m sitting him down tonight and laying it all out. I love him too much to lie, even by omission. It was really great of mom not to let anything slip while she was here. It couldn’t have been easy. Anyway Tonight is the night!!!

Riley has had strict instructions to stay back and not hover. I made out to Will that Sam was a girlfriend from school. I’m going to wear that wonderful wine coloured dress I bought in Paris..The one with the scoop neck line. I hope he likes it. It cost a fortune, but well worth it. I’m cooking. Now don’t laugh. Jenny Calendar gave me lessons last time I was home after I set fire to the kitchen.

Check list for tonight. Hair down, shoes high heeled, dress gorgeous, makeup perfect. Deep breath and here we go.

I will add more tomorrow when I know how things have gone and I will either be over the moon or in tears.

Love to you for now,
Buffy





Dear Tara,
NO TEARS, one happy dance here. William and I had the most wonderful evening. He turned up looking incredible in a blue silk button down dress shirt and slacks with a single blood red rose in his hand. Not of the crimson ones I hate. But a fragrant blood red one I love. We had the meal, which I hadn’t burnt, I made lasagne, garlic bread and salad and we had some wine that he had bought. I then said we had to talk. I’ll try and write it verbatim:

‘Will, we have to talk.’

‘Nothing good starts with that sentence,’ he says and his face fell. I think he thought the break up speech was coming.

‘OK, talk: or do you want me to finish with you?’ he says, playing with the stem of his glass. AAHHHH, I panicked at that point. ‘No, No finishing of any kind, not what I mean… Secrets to be told, truths.’ I think I went ‘cave Buffy’ for a moment!!

So he relaxes and says OK.

Me..Deep breath.

‘I think that we are no longer just seeing one another, I think something is growing between us and for it to grow true it has to, you have to, know the truth about me. Sam and Riley aren’t just friends, they’re my security detail, them and others. The ones you have seen watching me when we’re away from the dorm, you said you thought we were being followed. Well we were. I didn’t lie to you once. But I didn’t want to go around flashing my ‘secret identity’ the whole time to everyone. I am Lady Elizabeth Summers, Lady Laird of Traymour. I own a huge estate in Scotland, land in England. Parts of London. I’m rich and I’m closely related to The Queen Consort. She’s my father’s sister. The Prince of Wales is my first cousin. And King Charles is my Uncle by marriage. Your Uncle knows, as do Willow, Anya and Faith, but no one else.’

Will’s face was a picture at this point. I wish you could have seen it.
I also told him that I don’t have the option of staying here after my year is up. That I have to go home to run the estate and home is Traymour, an 800 year old castle in Scotland. With over 400 people relying on me and my family for jobs and their livelihoods. We have a brewery (he seemed to like that bit: Something about decent British beerJ). A hunting, shooting and fishing estate, tourism and craft workshops, the works, everything.

I think I completely shocked him. Anyway, William seemed to take it all OK. He seemed very stunned though.

I care for him so much and I don’t even want to think it out loud but I could so easily love him, but its only 3 months.

He stayed, all nightJ, and treated me wonderfully. I must say I was a bit worried when I woke up alone, but he was busy cooking breakfast for me. We’re off to the Bronze tonight. His band are playing and I intend to dance lots. Faith and I have such fun on the floor. We drive all the men wild and then let Riley hold ‘em off. I know it’s wicked but at least it’s legal fun.

I am so happy Tara; life is good at the moment. It feels like a dream and I don’t want it to end.

Love Buffy
Letters for friends by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
Thanks to those who reviewed. it really made my day. This one seems to be writing itself. Hope you like the next chapter
Dear Mom,
Yes I’m eating. No I’m not staying out all the time, and yes I’m being careful. Have I answered all questions yet? I am very grateful that you are looking after everything while I’m away. How is Dawn enjoying having you all to herself? Don’t tell her, but I miss her. No one is stealing my stuff. That is really weird and gives me the wiggins. Talking about thieves (sorry Dawn), we had an incident in the dorm last week. Some idiot started stealing knickers (sorry panties, I’m in America now) from the washers then the rooms.. Pervert. It was the janitor, Snyder; I never did like the little toad. He was also found with photos taken in all the girls’ rooms. Except mine. Seems that Riley changing the locks was a good idea. Anyway the toad has been arrested, but I was thinking I might buy a house out here for the rest of the year, as it will save rent and get us away from problems like this.

There is a nice 3-bedroom place on Revello Drive for sale; Willow has said she’d share with me so I won’t be on my own. I think the constant noise and partying is disturbing her. Willow likes to study so she is really a very good influence on me. Sam can sleep in the spare room, rather than in the dorms, which are no place for a 26- year old, even if she is being paid to baby-sit me. I hope your headaches are better and it’s nothing serious. If there is a problem I will come straight home. No question. Always duty first Mom you know that.

Love always,
Buffy






Oh Mom,
Good news. I think. Will’s band has been signed by a record label, Caritas records. The ones that helped with the Princes Trust concert we went to last year when we were staying with ‘the family’.

The band have had a make-over done on them, and I’m not allowed to laugh. It seems that dorky looking lead singers aren’t allowed. So the brown locks have been bleached blonde and the red and blue shirts are to give way to an all black wardrobe. He looks very hot I must say, but not quite my William. They are also changing his name from William Giles to Spike Devlin, sounds like a ‘big bad’ rather than a loving poet. But they are heading to the studio next week for at least 2 months to get an album done. I will miss him, however I can be good and get ahead in my studies. No playing the ‘missing the boy’ game for Buffy. The psychology course is really great. It will help with my management skills. No more slaying pencils when I’m cross Mommy. They now stay in one piece.
Take care for now.
Love Buffy





Dear Xander,
Yep, it’s me, writing from California. Could I commission you to make an art box for my Mom for Christmas? I enclose an advert for one I saw in LA and I know you can make a better job. No ‘mate’s rates’ either, Harris. A proper bill for the work. You’re a professional now. Or I’ll get you when I get back.

Buffy








Dear Xander,

I knew you could do it. It is beautiful. Mom will love it.. The cheque is enclosed for the art box, and there are a couple of tickets for Angel’s Wings.. Hope you still like them; they are playing in Glasgow in January. So, enjoy. Think of then as an extra big thank you type Christmas bonus for everything you do to keep the place running while I’m sunning myself in California.
Many thanks,
Buffy





Dear Mom,
Christmas is here and I miss all you guys so much. I hope the children’s party for the estate went well. Did you get all the gifts I sent? I hope Xander likes the couch for the apartment. The old one was dreadful. I sent Tara shopping vouchers for town so she can let herself go on ‘non essentials’ without worrying about the cost. I hope Dawn likes the clothes. Tell her she’s not allowed to steal mine now. And tell her I love her. Hope you like you gift mom.

Much Love
Buffy





Willow:
Couldn’t get you on the Phone. I have to get back To Britain NOW. Mom has been taken ill and it’s serious. The house is yours for as long as you want. Property taxes paid, utilities paid, just cover the phone.. Just let me know if you need anything. Giles knows how to get in contact with me; he has all the numbers, addresses and everything. I’ll be home. Traymour Castle, Traymour, Dumfries, Scotland. Please let William know I’m not running out on him, let him know what’s happened; I tried to get through to the studio but they wouldn’t put me through and although I left a message with a girl called Harmony she didn’t seem bright enough to understand how important it was. His mobile was on voice mail the whole time. I’ll phone you as soon as I have news. Giles is here to drive me to the airport. I don’t know how long I’ll be away.
Buffy







Dear Giles, Willow and Anya, and Faith if she’s there,
Sorry it’s been nearly a month since you heard from me. Things have been chaotic here. Dawn is trying to hold it all together for me, but she’s in pieces. Xander, one of my dearest friends here is doing all he can to help as well. I don’t think we would have managed without Ms Calendar, dear Jenny. She’s done all she can for us all.

The news is as bad as it could get. Mom died yesterday, so I won’t be back. Sam will come round and pack all my personal stuff. I need to stay here and sort out all the business stuff. Dawn is in pieces as you can imagine. Giles, can you get through to William and tell him I really need to talk to him. I keep trying his mobile but get put through to voice mail again. Harmony just keeps putting me on hold and they won’t put me through at the hotel. It seems I don’t have the code word and I’m not on the list. I thought we had more than that going between us, I don’t think it’s him, but don’t have time to chase him at the moment.

The funeral will be next Tuesday when the King and Queen are free to come. Uncle Charles and Aunt Liz have been wonderful; James is on his way to lend a hand. Tell William not to believe anything he sees in the papers about him and me.. We were brought up together and he is like a brother to us. James has always been wonderful at calming Dawnie. I’ve been named Dawn’s keeper for the moment so she can stay here and keep going to the local school. I think Aunt Liz will be the legal guardian for both of us. I won’t be free until I’m 25, due to the title. Seems sacred duties mean you need to be watched.

I miss mom so much.

The estate is all on my shoulders now and all I hear about is duty and destiny. I don’t know how to cope. I just must. I wish mom were here. The estate manager is giving me the creeps. His name is Quentin Travers. And I know I’m not good with numbers, Giles, but I swear he’s stealing from the accounts. Even I can’t spend that much in one week. Do you know any really good law firms in Scotland? Even this soon after everything has gone to hell, I still have to put duty first.
Must go: Dawn is back with Xander.

Buffy






Dear Sam and Riley,
Could you please go round to Revello Drive and pack up all the personal stuff of mine and send it on? I will not be able to come back to school. Mom died last week and the funeral is tomorrow. William is going to be here tonight. Thank goodness. I really don’t know how I’m going to cope. Quentin Travers, the estate manager, keeps trying to take over everything, says he’s just doing his job but I don’t trust the man. Do me a favour if you can and do a background check on him please?

I know it’s a bit of a cheek, but he gives me the creeps. There is something not right there I honestly think he’s skimming from the estate.
I’ll keep in touch; and thank you both for all the care you gave me over the last 6 months. I will miss you both. You will be welcome anytime you want.

Take care
Buffy







My darling William,

I love you so very much. I love the poetry reading William and I love the bleached wonder, big bad Spike. I love every bit of you. I’m sorry I was all weepy over you and I promise no more running away.. No more hiding from the world. I will face it all. I miss Mom so much. She was my strength and my rock and I know that the gap in my life will always be there but I feel very privileged to have known her at all. The villagers have been very kind, but I think everyone is expecting me to be strong all the time and you are the only person in the world who expects me only to be me. I miss your laugh and the way you curl our tongue around your teeth. I feel life has pulled me out of heaven and away from you.

Thank you so very much for all the love, help and support you gave us both.

I do really understand why you had to go back to LA. Shall I confess a secret to you now? I think I should; well, please give Lorne my love and tell him thank you for the flowers. Everyone else sent them to Mom, but not him. He sent me bright yellow sunflowers to cheer me up.J I was the one that told him about your band, so I’m hardly going to sabotage your career, am I? That’s all I did, promise, just told him I’d heard a really great band; you guys did all the work yourselves.


Could you please tell that dipsy blond Harmony that I can speak to you and to put me through, or I’ll start calling you Blondey Bear as well.!! How’s that for a threat? Does it work?

I am longing to see you again so when have you got a break and I’ll try and get over.

All my love
Buffy
letters to America by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
come on folks review. If you read it please leave a review. it helps the typing fingers
William,
Will you please tell Harmony that the bleach has spread to what little brain she had and that I can talk to you!! Please phone me back tonight when you’re free. I miss you…
Buffy







My darling William,
Sorry for being a bitch on the phone, but Harmony is driving me scatty. It was wonderful speaking to you and yes, I’ll be in London next week. I usually stay at The Dorchester, I’ll be bringing Dawn with me as she needs stuff for school, but I’ll get a double suite so that won’t be problem. We’ll be shopping and I have booked tickets for the Palladium for the Saturday night. I would love to come to the gig on Friday, could you organise an extra ticket for Dawn? Back stage passes would be fantastic. It will be great to see all the gang again. I’m not going to tell Dawn about the tickets to see you; the surprise will do her more good.
Love you always
Buffy
Ps any chance of an extra ticket, Dawn wants her friend Janice to come as well.







Dear Xander,
When I was going through Mom’s stuff I found an old photo of our dads when they were on the lifeboat. I have blown it up and framed it. I thought it would remind you of good times. It is also meant as Thanks for all the help you have given me over the last few months.

I thought that we could get together for a drink next week. Its coming up on the anniversary of the accident and I thought we could remember Henry and your real Dad together. The RNLI want to do a memorial this year for The Traymour Disaster. I have said OK from me but they need your OK as well. They want to hold a service in the church. So let me know how you feel and I’ll do the work for it. Its what I’m good at after all.

They also want to do an article for the papers as a fitting tribute. I have said I’ll give them details, if you OK it, so they won’t go digging around too much.

Anyway back to business.

Could you do me a favour and start to get ready to change the locks on the staff rooms, especially the offices. DON’T TELL Travers what you’re up to. Sam and Riley have dug up so much dirt on the weasel that he’s OUT. Seems he’s been skimming the accounts. No wonder we had trouble meeting some of the bills last year. I have a friend coming over, Anya. She studied business at Sunnydale and is a dab hand at making a profit. She’ll be taking over as assistant business manager for the estate, giving me a hand. Could you collect her from the airport on Friday? She’s coming in at about 1pm.

See you soon
Buffy






Dear Mr Doyle.
I am given to understand that your magazine wishes to do a feature on the Traymour Lifeboat Disaster. As one of the ‘Orphans’ of that dreadful night I have been asked to fill you in on the more personal details.

As I am sure you are aware, Traymour village has had a lifeboat since 1824.

In April 1990 the Lady of Hope, a Tyne class lifeboat, was called out in one of the worst storms on record. 90mile an hour plus winds, 75-foot waves and pitch black. The tanker they had been called to having lost its engine due to flooding. They fought to get towlines aboard for about 2 hours when a particularly bad wave hit the tanker and it crashed into the lifeboat. All 8 crew were lost, leaving six widows and seven or eight orphans. The difference in the numbers is due to the fact that Lady Summers was seven and a half months pregnant at the time of the accident. Dawn was born two days later, the shock of the tragedy having sent my mother, Lady Summers, into early labour. The baby being a girl meant that I became Lady Traymour at six years old.

The new lifeboat went ‘on station’ within a couple of weeks, the standby crew taking her over.

The other orphans were:

Alexander Harris, son of Dan Harris, Coxswain of the Lady of Hope

Tara McKay

Lady Elizabeth and Lady Dawn Summers

Richard, Michael and Rose Sinclair

Mary Stewart

Mrs Sinclair moved to be close to her family in Glasgow.

Mary Stewart is still living on the estate with her mother. I believe she is about to open her own teashop later this year.

Tara McKay’s mother died a few years after the disaster when Tara was fifteen, so Tara moved into the castle with us.

Alexander Harris’ mother remarried and moved to Carlisle. She was visited by Lady Summers in the spring of 1991. Lady Summers found the flat in a dreadful state, and Xander (as he was known) living in terror.

Mrs Fox, as she was now known, indulged in alcohol and drugs to excess. There were also countless men in and out of her life, most of whom were unkind to Xander. She was persuaded to sign over custody of Xander so he and I were raised together. Mrs Fox did 4 years in jail for child endangerment, and drugs offences.

All this is public record, but I would appreciate it greatly if you didn’t raise too many ghosts for those of us left behind.

There is a memorial to the crew in the churchyard, and a service is to be held in April to mark the 15th anniversary of the disaster.

All the widows and orphans were well taken care of financially by the RNLI.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me again.

Lady Elizabeth Summers.








Mr. Quentin Travers,
Neither I nor the estate of Traymour require your services any longer. If you try to enter the grounds again you will be removed by the police. My solicitors, Wolfram and Hart, will be contact shortly to arrange the return of our personal belongings. I understand that the police have already contacted you about the missing monies from our accounts.
Yours
Lady Elizabeth Summers, Lady Traymour




XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
more letters to america by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
many many thanks to those who are kind enough to review
Dear William,
It was wonderful to see you again. I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. I’m sorry that Dawn and Janice’s screams hurt your ears. I don’t think that Dawn had remembered to tell Janice that her ‘William Giles’ was ‘Spike Devlin’ of Dingoes Ate My Baby. It seems that Janice has your picture all over her bedroom wall! It was a complete surprise that we weren’t thrown out of the hotel with the fuss they were making, but boy were they enjoying themselves. The photos have been printed off and the look on Dawnie’s face is priceless.

We had a brilliant time with the gang, and thank the guys for taking so much trouble over the backstage passes and all.
I think the girls have shopped London out; it took me two days to put everything away. But I had a great time. Dinner was wonderful. I still have the flowers you gave me. They are in the little sitting room that I use in the evening.
The new PA seemed a little , erm, ‘weird’: does she always talk to the pixies and elves or was that for my benefit? She must be really good at her job, to get away with all that. What sort of name is ‘Drusilla’, anyway? She seemed very keen on you. Just being the jealous girlfriend, my love. Keep her claws off you, please. I trust you completely, honest. It’s her I’m not sure about.

I have checked the ‘big’ diary and both Dawn and I are free when you have that week in Vegas so the answer is yes, we’d love to come over and be with you.

Must go now, the police have turned up with more stuff on Quentin Travers. He has done so much damage here it is unbelievable. Anya has been a godsend. She has managed to make some of the businesses break even despite Travers interference, and has helped Wolfram and Hart sort through the accounts. It looks like she and Xander have hit it off as well. From all the talk I get they are very much an item. So no more jealousy about my ‘baby brother’.

Take care my darling; I’ll speak to you soon.
Love always
Buffy





Dear Giles,
Of course you can come over any time you want! We can pick you up from Glasgow Airport and bring you up to the house. Stay as long as you want. I’ll let Ms Calander, the housekeeper, know when you’re arriving and we’ll see to everything. All you have to do is sit back and relax. We have a swimming pool on the estate, horses, tennis, all sorts of fishing and shooting. Let me know if you want to go out with the Gillie and I can arrange stalking or salmon fishing. It’s normally about $1000 dollars a day on the river but as my guest you’ll have free rein to do whatever you want. I know that you have always wanted to try fly-fishing. So this can be a real holiday.

The library is huge and you are more than welcome to help yourself to anything you want. There are some nice first editions, especially the Scottish authors. There is a first edition Burns and Scott, and God alone knows what else. It hasn’t been catalogued in over 75 years.. The paintings go back centuries, and the main part of the house is about 800 years.

I’ll put one of the cars at your disposal, so no worries about hiring one.
I really am looking forward to seeing you. It’s been far too long.
Love Buffy







Jenny, I know writing a note to you is cheeky but I’m not sure that I’ll remember to say everything when I see you.

1 Dawn is staying with Janice for a couple of days.

2 could you arrange with Xander to pick up Mr. Rupert Giles from the airport. He is flying in from LA on Thursday next week. Due in about 4pm.

3 could you please get the guest suite ready for Giles? He’s my old librarian from Sunnydale, he’s English and a poppet.

4 The Lifeboat fundraiser is next month. Feel free to cook/ bake or make anything you want to; use our kitchens. I know you normally do it all at home, but I’ll pay for the ingredients this year.
Must go now.
Buffy







Sir,
Thank you for the opportunity you have offered to host The Princes’ Trust concert in 18 months time. Of course we would be delighted if you used Traymour Castle. The last concert held here was a huge success and I believe we had about an audience size of 50,000. I would also be delighted if you would use the castle during your visit.

Well, James, is that formal enough for you? It was wonderful to see you last week. I thoroughly enjoyed the party, even if the newspapers got pictures. Please thank everyone for me, and thank you again for all your support during this horrendous time. Dawn is managing to pull herself together and I follow even more slowly.

I loved being with Aunty Liz. I know that she must miss mom as well, but she just gave me so much love.

I’m flying out to America next month for a good break, and before you ask, yes I will be seeing William. I’m glad I didn’t have brothers; you’re more than protective enough.

See you soon ; I’ll be writing to Aunt Liz as soon as I get five minutes.
Take care, as always
Your Obedient Servant
Elizabeth of Traymour








Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Consort
Buckingham Palace
Dear Aunt Liz,

Thank you so much for the break you gave Dawn and I. We really appreciate all the time you and His Majesty spent with us. I’m being good now, back to duty.

I am going to America next month. There is a charity ‘do’ on in New York to which I have been invited and I have asked William Giles to be my escort. There were a few complaints about Black Tie dates (or tuxedo as he insists on calling his Dinner Jacket), but I managed to persuade him into getting all dolled up. And no, Aunty dear, I’m not telling you how!

As you suspected, things are definitely hotting up, so as he is becoming more and more of a fixture in my life, so I will ask him if we can start all the security checks. I suppose they’ve already been done, and as I’ve had no phone calls from the Secret Service I’ll take a wild guess that everything is OK.

You remember Quentin Travers, that annoying little worm that stole out of the accounts when he was purporting to be Estate Manager? Well, he is in court next week. I have given my statements and am due to give evidence on Thursday. That should be interesting. Never mind, I’ll manage. The police are quite positive that he will get a good long sentence. It seems that fraud is taken very seriously. We have managed to recover a good proportion of the money stolen and as he had forged my mother’s and my signature on various papers, it seems the bank are responsible for a lot of the outstanding amount. So the estate won’t suffer too much. The bank has been wonderful. They were threatening to pull our line of credit until this was sorted but Uncle Charles ensuring that the CEO and President were at the dinner at the Palace last week seemed to make all the problems magically vanish. Powerful relatives are so useful sometimes. Tell him he’s a dear and thank him for me, or should it be his Private secretary Andrew I thank?

I’ll write after the holiday. Dawn will be back at school on Monday, she loves boarding. Says it’s like a sleepover every night. Her best friend Janice is also boarding now, so the pair of them get up to mischief together. The stability is what she needs right now. I feel too young to be a mom. It would be nice if I had someone else to take over some of the responsibility.

Jenny Calendar has stepped up to the challenge of taking over running the whole house magnificently. She is a real boon. Xander is organising the ‘outside’ crew and doing really well. He is quite the man manager when he’s not playing the clown. It seems the team is all set for the next 40 + years.
Must Go now,
My love to all
Buffy









Dear Willow,
Here I am in New York, I’m going to a charity fashion thing tomorrow with William, then off to Washington for drinks and a reception at the British Embassy on Thursday. Cousin James is coming in to Washington as a special guest so I’ve been asked to go as his official ‘date’. But after that I’m free. So how about some retail therapy? Can you get hold of Faith? I’ve booked a hotel in LA, The Wilshire, I’m told its good, so meet you there. I’ll pay the hotel so don’t panic. You can do the good tour guide bit and show me around and I want to go to Disneyland. I’ve never been to a theme park. So we’ll have fun, you can buy lunch. I also want to go up to the vineyards and have a look round. Then we hit the shops.
Anything else you can think of will be fine by me. Clubbing in the evening. I’ll pack for all eventualities. I’m seeing William in New York. He’ll be there publicising the new album. So we’ll be ‘man free’, unless Oz is skipping the publicity bit?
See you soon.
Buffy








Dear Giles,
Just to let you know you’ll have free run of the house for a week or so as I’m doing a charity thing in New York, then heading to LA for a couple of days. I’ll leave you in Jenny’s capable hands whilst I gallivant. Xander has said that he’ll organise with Charles Gunn for your entertainment. He’s our Ghillie, and exceptionally good. We were lucky to find him. He’s ex-army so the poachers are now losing, for which the estate is most grateful.

Xander will pick you up from the airport and by the time you’ve rested and recovered from the jetlag I should be back.

See you when I get home.

Buffy
Wedding Bells by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
many thanks to those who just keep on reviewing. I hope there are some ot there who are still enjoying the story
Your Majesty,
Please may I have your permission to marry William Giles? We are in LA at the moment but are heading across to Las Vegas the day after tomorrow and we really want to get married there. Dawn and Xander are flying out to join us, Willow is here and I really don’t want anything like a big wedding. It’s now or never. I know I’m well over the age of consent, but technically you can say no until I’m 25 and I really don’t want to wait that long.

Now the official bit is over I can fill you in on the rest. We had the most wonderful time in New York. I spent far too much in all the shops, but the charity thing raised about $1 million for AIDS charities. So the trip was well worth it.

James and I had the most wonderful time at the embassy ball. We sneaked Amy in as a ‘friend’ of mine. So naturally James had to have one dance with her. Amy is a lovely girl and they will be most welcome at Traymour when they make the relationship official. Glad I could act as decoy. The paparazzi took lots of photos of us arriving, with all the normal comments. So you should have pictures of us in your papers. No bad ones, though. The ‘just friends’ type of headline, as requested. Should take the heat off of Amy for a couple of weeks. That was part of the idea behind Will and I getting married. We can sneak in and get it done, without anyone being any the wiser. Proper names rather than aliases should distract all but the most hardened of reporters. No Banns either.
So please say yes!

Take care,
Your obedient servant
Elizabeth.








Dear Aunt Liz and Uncle Charles,
Many thanks for the permission, of course there will be photos.
Will write with more later. We’re going away on honeymoon tomorrow, then we both head home for two weeks. Afterwards Will is out on tour again and I get back to the work of running the estate. I am so very happy. My love to James and Amy and tell them I will be home in time for them coming up for the break.

Much love,
Buffy










Dear Willow,
Thanks for all the work you put into the wedding: it was sweet of you.
I am really looking forward to you coming over next month.
When we arrived home we had the most wonderful welcome from everyone. The village had put on a dance for us to celebrate: we were ‘stripping the willow’ and ‘Dashing the white sergeant’ until about 3am when, by tradition, William and I were loaded aboard a cart that had been decorated with flowers and tree branches and the lads from the lifeboat and the young farmers hauled us home. We are supposed to pay for the drinks at the pub for the next two weeks, so I’ve left a small fortune behind the bar for them!

The castle’s state bedroom had been done up as a bridal bower when we finally got home. Flowers everywhere!

William and I had a lovely, romantic time. It seemed a pity to break up the holiday but it was time for Sir to get back to work. He went off to London for a couple of concerts, then round Europe for three months. Then it’s back to the States. He’s hoping to visit whenever he can, and I’ll visit whenever I get the chance.

I really am so happy. I’ll be writing to Giles this week as well. It was great to see him at the wedding.

The tourist season starts soon, and because William did a talk show as Spike Devlin, telling the world about our marriage, we’ve been warned to expect lots of extra guests, which will be great for local business.

We had a phone call from Harmony, very upset that her ‘blondie bear’ had got married. William spent a good while calming her down so hopefully everything will be OK now, but what ever happens we’ll cope.
I just have the weirdest feeling about that woman. She comes across as a dumb blond but I think that she could be trouble.

Anya has been fantastic, she kept everything running brilliantly. Folks around here were a little put off by her blunt ways, but have soon learnt that she always speaks the truth and is very good at her job. She has found a way to reopen the saw mill, creating five new full time jobs and securing a few extra forestry jobs as well. That was a good way for her to make friends with the locals. Xander seems very taken.

Giles is due over for Christmas. He wants to go and play in the library again. It seems he’s found some books that, if sold, would raise enough money to fix the roof.

We are having a fundraiser next month for the Lifeboat. It starts off the Christmas buying season for us all here. I’m hoping to get one of the locals to dress as Father Christmas again, Tony makes an excellent FC and, of course, knows all the kid’s names. I’m off into Inverness next week buying gifts for them all. Would love to see you here any time you could make it.

Give my love to Oz and all the other guys. Hope Devon and Faith are well. Tell Faith to give me a letter at sometime.

Much love as always
Buffy









Dear Aunty Elizabeth
As promised, photos! I wore the most wonderful sheath dress in white, carried the roses you sent and had my hair done by a friend of Lorne’s. The girls all had red or pink dresses on and the menfolk wore Dinner Jackets (I can’t get used to calling them tuxedo’s). It was a wonderful ceremony, in a little chapel here in Las Vegas. No Elvis impersonator or aliens either, tell James.

I should be coming home in two weeks so I’ll stop off in London and see you if that is convenient.

My love to all,
Buffy









Dear Willow,
I am so sorry I haven’t written in, like, forever. Things have been a little crazy, what with only just being married and all. Does it seem like a year to you? William came home for a month and I don’t think we came out of my room for a week. Ah, young love! Giles kept cleaning his glasses every time we were around. But he and Jenny seem to be getting on really well. If you know what I mean. I think we’ll be having a wedding in the castle very soon. William is heading back to LA in a couple of days and so is Dawn!!!

She has decided to go to college in America, says I found a hottie there and she’d like to try the fishing. So big favour time. Could you be her contact person? She’ll have William and I know you’re busy with Oz, but I would feel very much happier if there were two different people looking out for her. I trust her completely, but we all have times when we need somewhere to run to, somewhere where we can be safe.

Talking of Oz, how’s he doing? I’m looking forward to seeing him next year when the band play the Prince’s Trust concert here. Are you coming as well? We could have some girlie time and you promised to come over at sometime.

More later, promise.
Buffy








Dear Willow,
As promised, more. Seems life just wanders along at the moment. Months seem to go by, with work, the estate, trying to keep up with where in the world William is. Sometimes I get more information from the tabloids about Spike Devlin than I do from him directly. I’m still having problems with Harmony. She just forgets to pass on messages when I ring and William can’t seem to see that’s a problem, it was our one and only argument when he was home. Seems she does a good job and I shouldn’t nag.
Drusilla is off in rehab again. Seems she enjoys modern pharmaceuticals just a little too much, but William has promised her the job back when she gets out. I foresee problems with her.

No more moaning. Xander and the rest of the life boat crew have been award vellum parchments, it’s an award for bravery. They pulled five people, including a child, off of a yacht that had lost power during last month’s storms. They all felt very good about themselves for a couple of days, which was wonderful. That man needs all the ego building he can get after the hell his mum put him through. Still treats me like I’m 9 though, always will, I suppose. Comes of being raised together.
William was wonderful when he was home. Lots of romance. He even organised a picnic in the old caves where I used to play as a child. They were done up as a crypt, spooky candles and all with this huge bed in the innermost one. He had even put a brazier in to keep it warm! The glow of the firelight made everything look very romantic. Lots of blood red roses around the place as well a bottle of cold champagne in the spring and that’s all I’m telling even my best friend.

I’m off to London next week. Amy and James are finally announcing their engagement so I no longer have to run interference with the press, I am very glad about that bit. There is to be a ball at the palace and I’m going, of course, then, hopefully, I’m coming into LA to see you all. Don’t tell the guys yet though; I want to surprise William.
Love to all,
Buffy





Dear Dawn,
Yes of course you can go away while you’re over there. You might not be a full adult in America but here you are, and I will try and remember to treat you like one. If you need anything, don’t forget both Giles and Willow have said you can yell for help from them and I’m sure that Sam is taking as good a care of you as she did me, and William has promised to try and be around as well. Having ‘Spike Devlin’ get you tickets for concerts should be useful at college.

Glad you like the house in Revello Drive. I’m glad mum agreed to me buying it. I suggest you find a couple of room- mates and share costs. I know that financially you don’t need to, but it is good to have company.
RJ sounds nice, as does Conner, so choose or not as you like but from what you’ve told me I think RJ sounds a little young for you, the sort I would approve of. Connor sounds more like fun.

Take care, phone me whenever you like. Things are nowhere near as bad financially since Anya took control, so DON’T WORRY. That’s the only order I’m going to give you. No, sorry, another one. HAVE FUN.

I know you’ll study, cause you were always far more reliable than I was about home work.
Take care
Buffy






Dear William,
Do you realise that it has been two whole months since I saw you?
I don’t like the separation. I know we speak every day on the phone but I just miss being with you.

I tried to ring when you were at the hotel but I couldn’t get through the switchboard. Seems someone changed the code word. Could you sort it out please?

I miss you, did I remember to tell you that bit? The roses you planted are just coming into flower and they smell wonderful. They remind me of you every time I see them and smell them. I’ve taken to sitting out on the terrace after dinner and reading your letters or the books from that list you left me. I still prefer the filmsJ; I can’t wait till I see you again.

Say hi to the gang for me.
Love always
Buffy








Dear Willow,
Can you keep a secret? I’m flying over next week to see you all, and most of all, William. I can escape for a whole month; Anya and Xander are taking care of everything here for me so expect me soon.

Can you arrange all the backstage passes I’ll need? On second thoughts, don’t. Harmony will only tell tales and talk out of turn; I’ll sort it when I get there. I have some wonderful news but I want to see William first.
All the best
Buffy






Anya, here are the list of telephone numbers should you need me, and could you please give my mobile phone number to Giles when he arrives.
Take care
See you in a month
Buffy
shattered dreams by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
thanks to all those kind folks who tkae time and trouble to review. it means so much and keeps my fingers working
Dawn, please get back to Revello drive as quickly as possible, sorry about the text but this is an emergency. I need you now!!!






Sam: Can you get someone to Memorial Hospital to pick me up? Seems I ran into a little trouble on a visit here. I may need your (or Riley’s) professional services.
Buffy






Faith: can you pick me up from the old house and drive me into LA? I’m staying with Dawn at the moment and don’t want anyone else to see me. I can’t drive; I’ve broken my arm.

Glad I got a mobile texts are wonderful!






Dear Mr Angelus,
Thank you for agreeing to take my brief. I have been married to Mr. William Giles, also known as Spike Devlin, for 18months. We were married in Las Vegas and I enclose a copy of my certificate.

I want you to start divorce proceedings against Mr Giles as soon as possible, but don’t want the divorce to be final for at least 8 months. This is very important to me as I am pregnant and want my baby born inside the marriage.

My full title is Lady Traymour of Traymour Castle, Scotland. I was recommended to you by your son Connor who is going out with my younger sister, Dawn.

As to the facts:-

I had planned to surprise my husband with an unexpected visit during his stay in LA. I arrived at the hotel approximately 4pm and made my way to his suite. I found my husband in bed with his PA, Harmony Kendal. They made no effort to hide what they were doing. Unfortunately it developed into a shouting match and Mr. Giles made it quite clear he wanted ‘absolutely nothing more to do with me, ever.’ And I was to ‘f%&* off and leave him alone.’ Harmony then pushed me out of the room and into the hall: I broke my arm as I fell.

I did not have a chance to tell him I was pregnant and do not want him to know. He said that there was nothing he ever wanted from me, and nothing I have got that he ever wants, and I don’t intend to put a child into the middle of a fight.

I want nothing from him, financially or morally. He is not to be asked for child support.

The only property I have in America is a house in Sunnydale where my sister lives whilst she is at college.

Although I have large estates in Scotland, they are entailed to the title and I cannot get rid of them under any circumstances. All papers will be sent to you from my solicitors in London as soon as I can get home to sort out all the details.

Elizabeth Giles







Dear Giles,
I don’t know if William has contacted you, but things are completely over between us.

I arrived at the hotel to give him a surprise, but it was I that was surprised. He was in bed with Harmony. I know I am stupid, but I was willing to try and talk things out with him. We all make mistakes, but before we could start talking he began yelling and shouting at me. Harmony then joined in and literally threw me out of the room. Then they called Security, saying they had no idea who I was. Security turned up and arrested me. I now have a court order banning me from contacting my husband, as well as a broken arm from the landing when Harmony threw me out the room. William’s eyes were so strange, wild almost. It was as if he didn’t know me. He did nothing to protect me from the assault and didn’t even admit we were married, said he didn’t know me at all, never met me etc.

Harmony called me awful names, saying that this was all my fault because I had abandoned Spike.

William asked me to stay with my duty until the castle recovered from the twin shocks of my mother’s death and the theft of all those funds. I had honestly thought we were working together towards a common goal; a house and home for the both of us. But it was not to be. It seems a blonde in the bed is more important than a wife at home.

Sam came to the hospital and helped me sort it all out. Even got the charges against me for trespass dropped. She took me back to Sunnydale and Dawn, where I am staying until I am allowed to fly.

I have contacted Wolfram and Hart, attorneys at law, to deal with the divorce, though they have the work cut out for themselves getting hold of William.

I want to tell you everything so if we can meet I would be grateful, however if you feel that you don’t want to see me again, I will try and understand. After all blood is thicker than water.

I hope you know you will always be welcome at Traymour. I’m sure Jenny would be very cross with me if I tried to keep you out.

I have arranged to be absent from the castle next year when the Dingo’s play The Prince’s Trust concert. I really don’t think I can see him again; at least not yet.

If you need to get in contact with me whilst I am still in LA , you can get to me through Mr. Liam Angelus, Wolfram and Hart, LA.

Buffy
PS sorry about the tear stains. I can’t seem to help it at the moment.








Dear Willow
I am so sorry I didn’t see you when I was in LA.. I have had the most horrible time. And you and Oz weren’t in your room when it all happened.

William and I have split up. I’m sure Oz will have heard some of the story but here goes. I came to see him during the tour. Big Mistake. He was with Harmony.

Of all the things I had expected that was the most unexpected.

Unfortunately, when she threw me out of the suite I fell and broke my arm. She then had me arrested as a trespasser and told the police they had no idea who I was. I must have looked a complete idiot, claiming to be married to William and him saying he’d never met me. After Security turned up he went back into the suite with Harmony and I could hear them laughing. At that point I really wished I could die. In some ways I still do. My heart hurts just so much. The police realised I really was hurt when they went to handcuff me, and took me to hospital. Sam was kind enough to come and get me and sort everything out. At the hospital I needed x-rays, then it came out I was pregnant and the police thought I was trying to make more trouble for William, sorry Spike, trying to claim the baby was his. You know the famous star bit.

The journey home was a bit of a nightmare. I had to take a break (excuse the pun) in New York as my arm had swollen like mad. Then another flight to Manchester. I chose Manchester as it is halfway up the UK and a very slightly shorter flight than London.

A car home took 7 hours. I was sooo glad to get in. I am still in shock over how fast every thing happened. I cannot believe that he was that different.

The other bit of news...that I’m pregnant, is supposed to be such a happy time when you’re married and all; instead here I am planning my divorce.
If you can make it over I would love to see you. I do, however, understand if you and Oz feel that you owe him your allegiance.

Please don’t tell Spike about the baby. I couldn’t bear the thought of them gloating over just how much damage they’ve done. They are truly welcome to one another.

I have such an empty space in my heart and I don’t think that I will ever truly recover. I find that I wake up in the middle of the night sobbing. I really thought that we were forever and I don’t know what to do. If it weren’t for the baby I don’t think I could be trusted to be by myself at all.
I will keep in contact.
Buffy





Dear Giles

Thank you for the kindness you showed whilst I was over there. I don’t know what I would have done without you. I really don’t understand what happened and still don’t. I honestly thought we were happy.

Jenny and I would be delighted to see you any time you want to come over. The suite of rooms you used are yours, forever. There is always the library to keep you occupied.

The pregnancy is going as expected, well almost. The first scan shows that I am expecting twins. Would you play Grandad? You’re the only one they’re going to have.

Anya has been brilliant. She and Xander make a formidable team. They are running the estate incredibly well between them. Xander fixes what needs fixing or calls in the experts for the more complex jobs and Anya has turned a profit on the estate; a sizable one as well. Her ideas met a lot of resistance at first but now her forthright ways are accepted in the village. The unemployment is at an all time low, and we are opening up the old cottages to new families. The village grows every day. Tara says that we will need a new teacher in the school next term due to the extra pupils enrolling. All good news.

Dawn is due home soon. It seems William tried to get in contact with her, but Riley sent him on his way before Dawn could physically get to him. She threatened to kill him: ‘You sleep don’t you?’ ‘Yes,’ came the reply. ‘Well, you come near us again and you’ll wake up on fire.’ Remind me not to cross my sister, she’s scary now. She always was a hair puller. But she really is scary. I’m glad she’s on my side.

Angel, my lawyer, and his baby brother Connor, are keeping an eye on her for me. Seems Dawn went out with Connor to a gig in LA, Lorne at Caritas records having organised tickets and back stage passes for them. Angel picked them up afterwards and met Cordelia. Seems that Dawn introduced Angel to Cordelia, and they have been inseparable ever since.

So some good came of my trip over there.

Must go now, Xander has arrived to take me to the hospital for another check up. Nothing to worry about. They need to make sure my arm has healed before they remove the cast. I will be very grateful as it is itching like mad.

Take care,

Buffy
home by jamies_lady
Dear Sam,
I have a wonderful idea! Why don’t you and Riley come over and stay with me for your honeymoon? I’ll spring for the airfare: first class. A flying start for the newly weds? It’s a thank you for what you both did when I was last over there.

If you can do a bit of consultancy work for me regarding next year’s huge concert here, I’ll throw in proper wages as well!

I’ll see you next month.
Much love,
Buffy







Dear Anya,
The most wonderful news amongst all the heartache. Seems Sam and Riley got married last week. Guess I was really wrong about him, wasn’t I? They haven’t got much to start married life so I’m bringing them over for a working holiday/ honeymoon. They’ve agreed to go over the security for the house itself. Which we will really need, especially with all the concerts we’ve got coming up.

Do me a favour, and with your usual brilliance, organise a really good honeymoon for them. We were talking about setting out one of the cottages as a retreat, this would be an ideal time to try it out. There, I knew the thought of future profit would make you see things my way.
I’ll have a chat with Xander, no never mind, you have a chat with Xander, you see him far more often than I do these days. Could he do the chauffeur thing and bring them up from Glasgow? Tell him to take the Rolls Royce.

I am fed up of being in hospital!!! But the OB/GYN has said I can go home next week if my blood pressure stays low. The twins are growing nicely now as well.

I heard from Angel yesterday. The divorce is going ahead slowly. I have asked not to press charges regarding my injury. I know I should but I would have to hand over medical records and I simply could not do it.
Could you send me some new magazines, please?

How is Mr. Gordo doing, Jenny told me he won first prize for Tamworth pigs at the show. I have really high hopes for the new rare breeds farm.
Remind me to give you a pay rise again. You are near enough running the Estate whilst I am away and I don’t pay you enoughJ

Love,
Buffy








Dear Aunt Elizabeth,
Things are going well. You’ll be please to know that I am being bullied by everyone on the estate to rest. Giles has flown over to stay with me as my time grows close. I must say though that I miss Mom at the moment. I don’t hear anything from William’s lawyers, which I suppose is for the good.
Dawn saw him in LA at some party or other and says he looks dreadful Seems that he is starting to live the rock and roll lifestyle a little too much.

The Estate is doing really well under Anya’s care and guidance. Tell my wayward cousin that I would love to see him and Amy if he can escape all his duties.

My arm is completely healed and my blood pressure is running at levels that no longer make Dr. Wood go white (now that was a sight to see). He wants me to go down to Glasgow and the big hospital for the delivery so I am travelling down next week.

My security detail from America came over for a holiday. It was their honeymoon. They have beefed up security around the house and have suggested that we renovate all the cottages on the island in the middle of the sea loch and use them as secured accommodation for VIP’s. It would make a lot of sense. So Anya is looking into the cost.

The house is all ready for the new arrivals. Dawn says that she will be flying over as soon as school is finished to help. She has been a real support to me the last few months.

So has Xander. I think he has been on more runs for weird and wonderful foods than anyone else. He has also checked that the Jacobite Gate will open for my babies’ return to the house. Some traditions need to be kept. Do you realise that if I have a boy he will be the 25th Laird? So, home through the Jacobite Gate he will come, and take his place in line for all this. I only hope I make a good mom. I am worried about it; I suppose that is normal during pregnancy. I have asked Willow and Xander to be Godparents. I also asked James and he said yes.

As soon as they are born and their births registered I will sign all the paperwork and be a free woman. I still can’t believe that he doesn’t want me. I find myself picking up the phone to call him, to beg him to come back. But don’t worry, I’m really not that stupid. I am not going to choose a man who lay in bed and watched his wife being hit.

Must go now Aunty
Much love
Buffy





Dear Faith,
Seeing as I think everyone else is here, and I can’t get you on the phone, you get my letter.

I am the proud mama to two babies:
William Rupert Henry Giles 6lb 6oz (Billy to the family),
Joyce Anne Giles 6 lb 3 oz (Joy to us all).

The delivery was horrid, but I’m told that it went well. I like drugs. I mean I really like drugs. They are nice. So I was a little zoned while most of it was going on. Willow and Tara stayed with me the whole time. Anya said that she was of more use helping back at the castle. She has been brilliant.

William hasn’t tried to contact any of the gang. Even Willow gets the cold shoulder whenever he sees her. She no longer goes to the shows so that it isn’t awkward for Oz.

The divorce is now final and I see from the papers HE is collecting quite a harem around him.

Lorne came over to see the children and brought Cordy with him. So I think the shops are well and truly empty now. That girl can shop.

I arrived back to Traymour with the whole of the estate folk lining the driveway. It’s traditional for the heir to be welcomed home like that. The Jacobite Gates were opened and William and Joyce were carried through, Willow and Xander doing the honours. I’m not allowed as the next time I go through them it’s to my funeral. So Godparents carry the babies. I don’t know who was more nervous, Xander or Willow. Willow because all the cameras were trained on her and you know how shy she is, or Xander because someone had put a baby in his arms. It was so funny to see. I waited around the other side for them and Xander was more than happy to hand back Joyce. But Willow seemed quite happy to keep hold of Billy.

Seeing as all the papers carried the story, I suppose William must know that I have had children. The way he was, I am waiting for the accusation that they are someone else’s. He is still an ass.

No more bad thoughts. Please come over when you get the chance. We would love to see you. There are going to be some spectacular concerts here next year. Fireworks and all, and some great bands. I think you’d enjoy it.

Just a quick bit of gossip. Giles has accepted a job at the local museum as archivist so he can stay close to the children and Jenny. Seems they have gotten really close and are talking marriage.
Take care my friend,
B.
Wedding plans by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
keep the reviews coming folks they really mean a lot
Dear God,
Cordy tell me he’s OK. I knew he had headaches but your saying that there was a tumour, How come it took so long to find it, how big is it? And can they fix it? I knew he was doing drugs but this is almost impossible to believe.
Buffy



Dear Willow,
Please find enclosed the invite to Giles’ wedding. You and Oz are more than welcome to stay at the castle.

Sam and Riley are running security. Anya is ‘doing’ the day as one fantastic co-ordinator. Her gift to the couple; Xander is running the errands and I’m helping with the shopping, but I promise NOT the cooking. I know I can feed myself these days but I’m definitely not the gal you need to cater for 100. We have an outside caterer coming up so food should be GOOD. There are folks coming from Giles’ ‘Ripper’ days as well, so we should finally get some dirt on him.

They have invited William, well they have to really, don’t they?
He has recovered from the surgery. It was a tiny tumour pressing on the part of the brain controlling part of his personality. The drink and drugs have been ditched as well. Seems he was using to help dull the pain. And Harmony was just enjoying the ride. Seems we have a lot of ground to cover.
Please say you’ll come. I need all the back up I can get, anyway you haven’t seen the babies in months.

Tell Oz we have music planned so he needn’t even raise an eyebrow. Does that guy ever get phased? And tell him congrats on all the awards the Dingo’s picked up at the music fest thing last month. I saw you on the red carpet on TV: you looked fantastic.
And I saw Spike had yet another girl on his arm, seems he’s turning into some sort of male whore.
What was she like? Was she good to him? Oh shit here come the tears again. Blame it on the baby blues.


Faith has said she’s heading over for a holiday. So the whole gang will be together.
Love Buffy

Dear Willow,
What do you mean she was a hooker? Are you telling me that he’s paying for it? You mean to tell me all those women he was with were professional?
Buffy

Dear Faith
You are going to love this piece of gossip. No laughing ‘til the end of the sentences OK. But I nearly wet myself when I heard.

Seems that William has been dating HOOKERS!!! Harmony spread the tale that he was gay and the studio panicked and started employing pretty girls for him to be seen with. Different girl every night, bought and paid for. Suddenly I don’t feel quite so bad.
Dawn is killing herself laughing. The great Spike Devlin can’t get a date who doesn’t get paid for it.
B


Dear Anya,

Sleeping arrangements for the party of the year!

Willow, Oz and Faith in the two guestrooms on my floor. We can open up all the old guest rooms on the second floor; that will give us 14 rooms for couples. The old servants quarters can be used for singles. I have asked Jenny to get all the extra help we need from the village; Tara says she’ll run a day- care at the school for any who need it. I suggest we ask William Giles to stay in the guest cottage near to Jenny and Giles’ house. Riley and Sam can stay in the cottage nearer the loch, the one they stayed in for their honeymoon. If we work it right, I should only have to see William on the day of the wedding, and for the photo’s and wedding breakfast. After that I can keep well out of his way.

If you can think of anything else we need let me know.

I’m heading off to see the WI; they do the most wonderful flowers for competitions, so I’m getting them to do the flowers for the church and house.

Buffy







Dear Jenny,

Of course William will be welcome. I expected him to be invited. I have set aside the guest cottage near your place so he and Giles can catch up. And he can be close to you if he needs help. Flowers, food and sleeping all arranged. Most of the guests will be in the Castle. What’s the use of having 20+ bedrooms if you don’t open them up for this sort of celebration?

Don’t worry about cost. Laird’s privilege. The Estate is covering most of it.

Just worry about your bouquet and dress, and leave the rest to us. You will have a day to remember.

Love Buffy









Dear Cordy,

It was wonderful to hear from you.

What new here, you asked? Well, we are gearing up for Giles’ and Jenny’s wedding next month. The whole place has gone wedding crazy. If you want to do a piece for the magazine on traditions you are more than welcome to come over. We’ll find room for you on the estate. Dawn is doing well now she’s home. She wants to do a business course in Glasgow next term, then come and help here. I’ve said yes, but we’ll see how it goes. I don’t want to keep her away from Connor if it is at all serious. I know from experience long distance love affairs are hard work. Well, we’ll see.
Anya has been fantastic. She seems to be able to spin money out of nothing.
The estate is booming. She and Willow have set up an internet company selling Highland foods, they are selling local farm produce via the net, making profit for us and the farmers. We have opened a meat packing unit! The old saw mill has reopened, and a craft centre is on the way.
I don’t hear from William at all. I think he is still embarrassed/ upset about what happened. Though do keep in contact with Willow and Oz.

The babies are doing wonderfully. They love playing in the garden, but are only just sitting up. We have a lovely nanny starting called Halli, she is a friend of Anya’s who wanted to travel, so it seemed ideal She gets a year in Scotland and I get someone who seems to work magic on the children. In fact I can see them going for a walk in the garden now. They are in their pram (you know, the thing on wheels you put children in), and are laughing the whole time. She keeps referring to them with their full name so I hear ‘Lord William Giles, and Lady Joyce Giles’ all day. I think she likes calling them by their title. Mind you, it was funny at the christening. James and Amy came. James had agreed to be Godfather to Joy, and I think Halli was terrified when she realised that he was a Prince. She nearly dropped the baby, before handing her over. But you know James, he put her at ease, and was wonderful. He’s brought out a new rule. No curtseying or bowing when holding the baby, you’ll only drop them.

Could I ask, was it reported over there at all? I half expected some word from William, but if it wasn’t in any of the papers that would explain it.
I have just realised. The invite is for Angel and Connor too, if they would like to come.

Must go
Take care,
Buffy






Dear Aunt Elizabeth.
Details as promised. The wedding went off beautifully. Ethan Rayne, an old friend of Rupert’s, stood up with him and Jenny had asked Xander to give her away. The church looked wonderful. The men were all in Morning suits, with top hats, and we all wore long dresses with fascinators in our hair. Although Jenny had been married before, she wanted a long dress, so she chose the most wonderful full length blue dress with a train, then had shoes and a veil dyed to match.

The reception went off Brilliantly , as well, and we danced well into the night before seeing the lucky couple off on honeymoon. There was confetti and rose petals everywhere in the Great Hall, and the castle rang with laughter.

There was no nastiness with William, though I will admit now, I was very worried about seeing him. He brought a date, which I wasn’t very happy about. Her name is Drusilla, and she is his assistant. But Dru insisted that we talked and she confirmed that she wasn’t interested in him that way at all, and could I please introduce her to the nice school teacher she’d seen earlier with all the kids. She says she likes me because I remind her of sunshine. She is definitely different, has a weird way of looking at things, but once I managed to translate what she was saying to me I found that I liked her.

There are a couple of pieces of information:

1) Harmony has been given the heave ho. Seems Dru came home from rehab, found out what had been going on, including the hiding of my messages, changing code words at hotels and even stealing gifts and letters meant for me, and hit the roof. Then proceeded to throw Harmony out on her ear.

2) William came across Halli in the garden with the children the day after the wedding… I suppose I should have been ready for it but I wasn’t. I thought I’d escaped that trap, and he would leave as soon as he could. Seems he wanted one last look around the castle before he drove off and walked straight into Halli and the babies... He heard Halli talking to Billy and came in to find me. Riley found him searching the house for me, and they had words. Which resulted in both of them getting a lecture from Anya about fighting indoors. Anya then found me and shut William and me in the kitchen until we had talked properly.

3) The upshot is that he now knows he’s a dad, and wants to come home. I told him that there was no way that was going to happen. I’m not that stupid. But he begged and pleaded, and promised to be a better man for me. I have said he has until next year and the Princes’ Trust concert to show me he that he is, that he is drug free, and changed and if he does that I will give him a chance to make things right. If he can, all well and good, and he can get visitation rights and that’s it, if he can’t I’ll fight him every inch of the way. I still have the police report when he said he’d never seen me before in his life, as well as the hospital report, dated the same day, stating I was pregnant.. Still thinking with my hormones instead of my brain, I suppose. He said he was furious when he realised that Harmony had hurt me but I’m not sure I believe him yet. I know he was ill but I was so hurt. Seems she’d been telling a lot of lies to him as well as supplying him with whores to keep him occupied. She was slipping drugs into his drinks, completely poisoning his mind and body. He doesn’t even touch whisky now.


We talked until dawn, after it was all over I went for a run and found Riley out running as well. I just sobbed and sobbed on him ‘til Sam found us both. So I ended up sleeping at their cottage the night after the wedding.
I don’t think I could ever trust him again. Not after denying me. I think I could forgive anything but that.
Anyway that’s it for now.

Take care,
Buffy
clearing the air by jamies_lady
Dear William,
This is probably the hardest letter I have ever had to write.

You hurt me so badly; and I don’t know which bit hurts the most, the bit when I found you in bed with someone else, or the bit where you told the Security you didn’t know who William Giles was, and your name was Spike Devlin, and you had never seen me before in my life. You treated me as though I was a crazed stalker and not your wife.

I was arrested. And it was only when the police went to handcuff me that they found that I hadn’t been lying, and I did have a broken arm. Made worse by having it twisted behind my back by Security. The pain nearly made me lose my babies. So no, I can’t forgive you yet and I don’t know if I ever will.

As for not knowing I was pregnant: telling you was one of the reasons I came to America that time. I tried, but you, and I quote, ‘didn’t want anything I could give you, now or ever,’ so please don’t even try to lay this one on me. It was you through and through.

I did think about an abortion, I considered all options, but knew in my heart that I would never get another chance to have a family, so chose to keep them. They are my children. They might bear your name, and you are on the birth certificate; why do you think I dragged out the divorce? But they are mine, and no matter how good your lawyers, there are certain facts you can’t get over.

You very publicly and officially denied that they could be yours by denying knowing me.

You have been involved in drink and drug problems and no judge would give you custody and your constant changing of girlfriends doesn’t exactly give you a lily white reputation. If the judge found out you paid for them I doubt he would even consider the case.

And thanks to the injuries I sustained, and other high profile fights you have had, you would be seen as unfit for anything other than supervised visitation.

They were born in, and are citizens of, the United Kingdom Of Great Britain, and Northern Ireland, and as you will find it very hard to prove me an unfit mother, you will not get sole custody.

Please don’t think I am threatening with no back up. I will keep these children safe from you or anyone else that threatens them. If Harmony comes near me, or the children, I will have her arrested and I really think that Lady Traymour has more pull with a Scottish court than a bleached Californian blond. If necessary I will claim Lairds’ Rites and have the King and the Lord advocate judge my case. And I really can’t see my Uncle and My Godfather handing my children over to the man who hurt me so badly can you?

So, less of the threatening about taking the children away from me. I honestly thought, after we spoke at Giles’ wedding, that we had come to a civilised arrangement; but the letter that arrived from your lawyer showed me otherwise. Don’t play games William, I promise you where it comes to these children, you will lose.


Lady Elizabeth Giles,
Lady Traymour













Dear William,


What do you mean, what letter? And, what lawyers? Seeing as your memory is so bad, I will include a copy of your lawyers’ letter, threatening to take the children away from me, with copies of the police and hospital reports regarding that night.

Please contact me in future through my American lawyer Angel O’Connor, Wolfram and Hart.

Lady Traymour




Dear William,
I’m sorry I shouldn’t have said that about your memory. Are you still getting headaches. I’m glad you got the all clear from the medics but it still doesn’t alter the fact you denied knowing me or that you asked for DNA tests
Buffy





Dear Dru,

It was most unexpected to receive your letter.

As you requested, I am enclosing photos of Billy and Joy. They are doing very well. Halli has been a Godsend.

I was very upset by the latest missive from the lawyers. I can’t understand why William, Spike, has decided to take the children off me. The lawyer’s name is Lilah Morgan, and I enclose a copy of her letter to your ‘Dark Prince’, as you can see he wants total custody, but claims when I last heard from him it wasn’t his idea. I really don’t understand your relationship with Spike, but you said to trust you and for some reason I do. My Grandmother, Anne, was fey, so I do understand the temptation to make the voices go away with drugs and drink. My Gran found meditating at the stone cist helped and Tara, the one you liked, is a Wiccan. She might be able to help as well. I loved the gift of the beautiful antique doll you sent Joyce. And yes we will call it Miss Edith. The bear, Dalton, is not allowed out of Little William’s sight.

I must go now, Anya needs me to go over all the details for next week’s hunting party.
Regards,
Your Sunshine






Dear William,

I have received yet another letter from your lawyers, they have explained that it wasn’t you, but Harmony that set the whole messy business in motion. I’m surprised that she was able to do that. I understood that she had been fired.

You can thank Dru for the fact that I’m writing to you at all. She has filled in all the details. She has also told me that she has persuaded you to contact the police. I am very grateful, we have enough problems without anyone else interfering. Dru has said that she is coming over for a holiday and she is more than welcome.

If you want to see the children, I suggest you come and see them. Being a parent doesn’t come with a gilt edged invite. You are either involved or not. Your choice. And if you’re wondering, yes I am still angry about the lawyer thing. You signed it even if you didn’t realise; you should read what’s in front of you. And you are still allowing Harmony to interfere with us after she hurt me why do you trust her so much?.

I must ask, though. Why did you want the paternity test? Do you think so little of me that I would lie about something like that? You are going to have to do better, William, if you want us to be friends.

Elizabeth Giles






Dear Riley and Sam,

Hope things are going well for you at the moment.

We have instigated most of the security ideas you came up with, but would love it if the pair of you came over to work for us during the Princes’ Trust concert later this year. We’ll pay all expenses of course, and you just charge us something reasonable.

The twins are growing fast. We’ve been having a few problems with Harmony: William’s ex, the one that put me in hospital. She has been giving instructions to lawyers on William’s behalf. She has been talking to the papers. No doubt you saw the stories about my wild lifestyle. I’m sorry if you got dragged into any of the mess. I could do with some professional help in America. Could you recommend an agency to keep an eye on her and help ‘spike her guns’ any time she starts anything else? I want to stay legal though. That’s important.

See you, hopefully, very soon.

Buffy






Dear William,

Thank you for the wonderful book of poetry you sent me. You must be so proud having it published; and I’m glad you have finally got your PhD. Thank you for the forward, it meant a lot to me.

A bit of bad timing though, as it arrived on the same day as the results of the DNA tests. I enclose a copy for you and have sent one to my solicitors. As you can see there is no doubt about the children’s paternity. I find the mere thought that you could have doubted me abhorrent. However we will survive.

I trust the results will put your mind at rest.

I will speak to you if you phone, of course, and I will happily put aside one of the cottages when you wish to visit.
I have received the letter from the councillor you have visited. I do understand that you want to make things right but that doesn’t happen over night.
I will try and be patient with you, but it is up to you to put the pieces of your life together again. And I need you to be patient with me as well.

Regards,
Buffy








Dear Dru,

Thank you again for all your help. William has finally pressed charges against Harmony. That woman is a vampire: she sucks the energy from anyone near her. It seems she was forging his signature every time she wanted to cause trouble, hence all the requests for DNA testing and trying to get half of the property. Sam and Riley found evidence of her practising. It wasn’t William at all, but her all the time. I wouldn’t have thought she was clever enough. My mistake, or should I say William’s; but I do feel an idiot. I was so angry with William but if he’d told me I doubt I would have believed him. Again, thanks with the help in sorting it out. I won’t even pretend to know how you knew that he was being true to me when everything pointed to him being the problem.

We are really looking forward to your visit next week. Tara has said that as the school is closed for half term she will happily act as tour guide. I thought you’d like that.

I have put you in one of the ‘new’ bedrooms. That part of the house was built in the 1870’s, so for this building is modern.

William has told me he wants to buy a house here, to be close to the children. I think it’s a good idea. He needs to join in with their lives more; if he wants to play daddy, so be it. But he’d better be good to them. We really don’t need any more of his crap here.

I will send a car to the airport, just let me know flight times.

Buffy
arranging the concert by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
many many thanks to
Heidi, Cordykitten, ella and smlcspike for thier reviews. they keep my muse working You rock guys
Dear Dru,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. If you were serious about moving here, there are a few properties for sale or to let at the moment. I can send details through to you.

I promised you I would play nice with William, and I did. He says he’s been in rehab, and is clean. Even brought blood results to prove it to me. Said it was like fighting for his soul.

I still don’t know if I want him in my life, though. Although the physical wounds healed, the sight of him standing there, denying ever having known me, with Harmony draped all over him, will always cause pain. It will take a lot for that to go away. When we were talking he didn’t even remember that bit. It took copies of the police report and the injunction he served against me to prove to him that I had been telling the truth. When it hit him he just broke down in tears, he was on his knees holding onto me and sobbing like a child.

I think that’s when it hit me how much I still love him and how sorry he really was about everything. He has promised to win me back, says he’ll do anything I ask.

I will let him try. It is the least I can do. My heart is his now and forever. I just don’t know if I could survive another break-up. If it hadn’t been for the babies, I wouldn’t have survived this one.

You were right, of course. You see so much, Dru; you said we’d be OK, next time I doubt you just hit me with something heavy, a church organ maybe?

William is looking into buying one of the old farms nearby, as well as the church. He wants to do the church up as a home, with the bedroom downstairs in the crypt, and the farm as a recording studio.

The babies miss the stories you told. I'm not so good when I have to read about fairies and not sit and see them and talk to them and tell Joy and Billy what’s going on.

I’m glad you and Tara hit it off, she’s a sweetie and I know she’s missing you. I know, no more matchmaking Buffy!

Anya and Xander have ‘set the date’: they applied for a special licence and are marrying on SATURDAY, here at the castle. We’ve had all of five days to get everything ready for them. Jenny has been baking up a storm and Anya is getting Bridezilla on us (do you have that phrase in the states?).

We all miss you. I’m glad you found the stone circle a help. Mind you, being around Tara and others who have gifts, not being the odd one out, must also be a help. I know Tara values your friendship as much as your love.

I’ve got to go. I’m heading into the village to pick up masses of flowers for the house. Our glasshouses couldn’t supply enough.

Watching Anya’s face when she realised the estate would cover most of the costs re the wedding. Lairds’ duty. Was hilarious. Caught between loving the free ride and hating the thought of us not making a profit. I wish I’d had a camera when it hit her.

Much love,
Sunshine






Dear Sam,

Well, things are definitely going well here. We are gearing up fast, only three months to go to the concert. HRH James, The Prince of Wales has decided to join us for the whole weekend, so we are going to have to rearrange the accommodation in the castle. James and Amy need the Sovereign’s Suite in the old part of the House, so that moves everyone else ‘down’ a room. Dru is staying with Tara and for some reason we have no lack of volunteers from the village youth to work up at the castle for the weekend. Maggie in the shop has sold more autograph books in the last week than in the last four years.

I am so grateful that you and Riley are going to supervise security. I feel so much safer with you here. I have reserved the gatehouse for you two so you can have a little privacy and still be at the centre of the web.
We have had the meadow cut and it is being painted out to be the helipad.
.
The babies are growing so fast. They are starting to babble and trying to walk. Halli has her hands full. I’m getting her some extra help for the month around concert weekend. She has a friend called Sarah who is looking for a short term job, so as long as I like her it could be the answer to that dilemma. I don’t want any problems and if I am needed with them they must be my priority. I’m also going to ask Cordy to come over and be my PA for the month or so. She’s brilliant at such things and it should relieve a lot of the pressure.

The house is ready for the influx of visitors. Camping grounds have been set up everywhere, and we are having shuttle buses to bring people to the main stage area.

The artists and bands will be using the tunnel from the house that was built as a Jacobite escape route. It leads from the old library to the caves near where we have set up the stage. The caves themselves have been set out as extra green rooms. I just hope I haven’t forgotten anything. Well, someone will remind me. Have to go now. Must write to Cordy and Willow today as well.

Much love,
Buffy






Dear Willow

Just a quickie to say how much I am looking forward to seeing you. All set this end. William has offered to do a couple of intimate concerts in our Little Theatre, it only seats 80 people, and he thought that the tickets would sell for huge amounts on E-Bay, the money going to the Lifeboat fund. I have said yes, but he wanted me to ask Oz and the others. I think he is still too ashamed to ask them for anything after what happened. Do you think they will agree? I do hope so. The lads on the boat can use all the money they can get. They are after a new heart- start and a machine for doing cardiac compressions.

I’ve put you and Oz in the Lady’s chamber. It’s OLD, and thought the pair of you would like the history. It was built in about 1579 by an ancestor of mine who didn’t like his wife, so built her a whole suite of rooms away from his. With three corridors and his mistress’ rooms in between.

Things are going well with the twins, they are growing like weeds and are running poor Hali ragged. She wants to be able to teleport please, just to be able to keep up with them. They start at playgroup soon, and are learning to swim, the delights of having one’s own pool.

Anya and Xander’s wedding was a dream. Billy and Joy looked beautiful all dressed up in their best clothes. Big William seemed to enjoy spending time with them both and is pushing ahead fast with his plans for the farm and the Old Church. He’s renaming it The Crypt. It is wonderful on the inside. I didn’t think you could make such a lovely home from the building, but he has. Fully fitted kitchen, two bedrooms, the master in the Crypt itself and a guest on the main floor, a luxury bathroom ensuite to both bedrooms and a half bath off the utility room. There is even a fireplace in the main room. It’s a lovely combination of modern and ancient and looks like something out of Homes and Gardens. However the colours of black, red and white don’t hide the dirt well and the twins soon redecorate with chocolate and jam (jelly) whenever they go over. He has them over at least twice a week at the moment.

He is being very sweet, flowers arrive for me, poems attached. He seems determined to win me back, and I think I could be willing to try again. I’ve had to get a book on the meaning of flowers because every bouquet has different flowers and a special meaning.

Last weeks’ meant:

Arbutus: Thee only do I love.
Red Carnation: My heart aches for you.
Gladioli: Give me a break (I loved that bit, it sounded so much like Spike)
Primrose: I can’t live without you.
Pink Rose: please believe me.
White Violet: Let’s take a chance.

It was sweet, but I’m taking it slow. I can’t be hurt again. I don’t think I could survive it.

The farm is coming along as well. He’s going to have to finish it quickly. Big names are already booking in to do albums. Seems another industry is blooming in my little village. The shops and pub are getting used to seeing famous faces everywhere and are starting to ignore them: ideal for the celebs, and not nice for the papers. Reporters are getting sent on wild goose chases. It’s becoming something of a local sport, the winner being the one who can get the poor reporter to do the most miles with no result.

Must go, still have to write to Cordy. I’m hoping she’ll PA. me and the Prince during the show.

Much Love, Buffy






Dear Cordy,

Huge favour to ask you and it pays, I promise.

With the Prince’s Trust concert coming up in two months I was wondering, do you fancy a fully paid, all expenses, first class trip over here? $5,000 in wages, to PA for me and Prince James during the concert? We will put you up in the castle with the rest of us, and you can stay as long as you like. We only need you for about a month, and it’s for a very good cause and just think what it would look like on your resume.

Please say yes. You’ll love it. We’re planning on huge formal dinners, and most of the acts are staying in the castle so we’ve set aside the old ballroom as a music room: the acoustics are incredible. The lads from the village are coming up to entertain us the day after all the shows, and we’re having a ceilidh. And a jamming session no doubt.

And just think of the shopping. Glasgow and Edinburgh are so close…and full of brilliant shops, perhaps we cold fly over to Paris for a couple of days after it’s all over?

I bet you’re booking the ticket as we speak!

Got to go now… more flowers have turned up. Blue and yellow Iris: hope and passion according to my book.


My Love to Lorne and Angel,

Buffy



Dear Jamie and Amy,
I’ve set aside the King’s Bedroom for you two. It’s huge with a party sized solid oak bed, which hopefully you won’t break. I’m not putting you anywhere near anything breakable after last time. That was supposed to be reinforced. Good job I don’t sell stories to the papers; I’d have made a fortune.

Security have been all over the house. There was a very nice man from Special Forces who kept calling me ma’am and smiling in that way at me…Major Wyndham Price. Keep him around if you can, it was getting William all jealous, well he can get jealous if he likes. He threw away his chance with me.

Sorry, bitch has arrived again.

We’ve had more nonsense from Harmony Kendal, seems she’s trying to cause more trouble again. William was trying to keep it from me; I think he didn’t want to worry me, but I hate the secrecy. It stinks of what happened before. She started to claim that I had kidnapped her’s and William’s children from her. The solicitors wanted to check they were mine! The police arrived and everything. Thank goodness for the DNA tests we had done.

Your Godchildren are doing wonderfully. They redecorated the kitchen with mashed banana yesterday. Xander got an eye full when he tried to stop Joy. Her aim is as good as mine… do you remember those water bombs we threw at the guards when I was staying over?

Must go now,

See you next month.

Buffy









Dear Faith,

What do you mean you can’t come…never mind, I’ll write you a long, long letter and tell you all about it. And of course I understand about college and work. Got to go, William has arrived to take the babies and I out for the afternoon.

Buffy
concert time by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
thanks again to all those who are kind enough to review. It really does make my day
Dear Faith,
Well here goes. You had better sit down, get a drink and be ready for the letter of your life.

All I can say is: Wow.

I’m pointing this letter so I don’t miss anything.

1) Everyone arrived on (or near enough) time.. something of a minor miracle. We had Giles acting as Host, and Xander and the lifeboat lads carrying luggage, hoping like mad they didn’t have a call out. We got every one settled into the castle. If someone had wanted to bump off 90% of the top acts in the world, set a bomb underneath Traymour. We had the Dingo’s, the Who, Glory, The Osbournes, The Stone Flowers, and the Scissor Sisters and a couple of others who had Dawn swooning and Janice screaming but I am dull enough not to know. Shame on the big sister! Some were staying in the cottages, but most were up at the house. For some reason I’ve had no problems getting the local teenagers to help out. We’ve had more volunteers than jobs at times.

2) With 50, 000 turning up for the weekend it had taken weeks to organise things like showers, loos and parking. We didn’t even manage to clog the motorway (Interstate? Freeway? To you?)

3) There was a new Hottie for the girls to stare at. Wesley Wyndham Price, special Forces co-ordinator. He was doing security for the Royals, and Sam and Riley for me, a guy named Forrest was doing it for the bands, and more about him later.


4) We had put the helicopter landing pad out on the meadow, I swear we needed air traffic control at some points during the day. Then used 4x4’s to get everyone everywhere. Anya had some sort of time plan pinned up. Thank goodness. Spreadsheets are her thing.

5) Jenny spent all her time organising the kitchen crew. We had a volunteer in there as well. Have you heard of the Scottish Chef Gordon Ramsey? Well, he volunteered his services and that of some of his juniors, so he arrived with his family and stayed on the estate. His kids have been riding and swimming with the estate children all week whilst he got organised with Jenny. Tara ran a sort of kids club for them all and had Gunn build an adventure park style climbing frame up in the woods.

You should have seen the looks on peoples’ faces when they came down to breakfast the first morning. We had the Prince and Princess of Wales sitting at the head of the table with faces that are usually seen in the glossies all round. Luckily my table sits over 50 people. We were using the Banqueting Hall…

6) The main event went off without a hitch as far as I was concerned. We had a few clashes of Ego’s but they were soon sorted. Jamie would go up and ask if there was a problem, leaving some poor musician trying to remember whether or not he was supposed to bow every time he met the Heir to the Throne, or would once a day be enough? Amy was no better. She and Cordie hit it off straight away, and played the crowd wonderfully. One would set someone up, and the other knock them down. The various managers soon learned not to play. The only one to escape their games was Lorne. He took one look at them and promised to play nice all weekend.

7) William was lovely. He came over earlyish to help out with the babies. I think I’m falling in love all over again. He is going to a councillor and getting his blood checked regularly. Seems Harmony did a real number on him. She sent emails supposedly from me, and forged his signature on legal documents. But at the moment she is nowhere to be found. There is an arrest warrant out for her. Enough of her.



William was so sweet. I sent him bluebells: ‘forgive and forget.’ Remember I told you about us finding that Victorian Language of Flowers book in the library? Well, he’s been using it to send me messages. And he came over in nearly in tears. In amongst all the chaos of the day, with photographers everywhere, he was just holding me. I think I could be happy again. I couldn’t see us getting back together then, but 3 days is a long time and when you hear what happened you’ll understand.

8) The Concert was a huge success. We made thousands… in fact when the totals are counted up its thought we will have broken the £500 K mark, and that’s pounds, not dollars. Nearly $1 million for 3 days work, or is that 3 months work? Cordy was incredible. She organised, trouble shot and generally left me to play hostess. I swear she knows where trouble will be before it happens. There were a few amusing moments. Some ditsy blond kept following Oz around claiming (imagine a whiney voice) ‘I’m with the band’ on every and all occasions when anyone tried to stop her. Wesley sorted her out and had her escorted off the estate. Riley’s men, definitely men, were everywhere. Forrest was useless. He wasn’t even checking passes properly.

9) The bands used the old tunnels to get from the house to the stage. It worked exceptionally well. No- one could get into the house who wasn’t known to us, so no- one could get backstage. This worked great until the lifeboat got called out, so in the middle of the Dingo’s set two red maroons went up. Most people thought they were just fireworks and cheered, but course the crew knew differently. They tried to get through the crowd but couldn’t, so I managed to get William (sorry, Spike) off stage for two minutes and explained we had problems getting the crew out and we needed them to come to the front and use the tunnels. Being locals they knew what that meant. With Riley and Sam on security and Xander leading the way they made it through the crush and away. After we had to call Dr. Stephanie through as well. She had to be pulled up on stage by Spike Devlin and hurried through to the back. Others tried to get through but Sam knew Xander and he vouched for all those going. And they ran. They arrived back 5 hours later having got a crewman off of a tanker and to hospital. Thank goodness for the heli landing pad. It was a bit of an adventure.
Spike just kept on going, and I have never been more proud of William, the way he handled the crowd.

10) After the concert we went back to the house and partied. You would have been proud of us. I didn’t get to bed ‘til about 4 am. We were singing ‘Princes of the Universe’ by Queen…you know the lines: ‘I have inside me blood of Kings,’ well Jamie, Dawn Amy and I were singing that bit. It wasn’t ‘til about 10 minutes later that everyone realised we had inside us blood of Kings! With all the portraits around you would have thought they would have realised quicker.

Halli’s helper, Sarah, was on babysitting duty. She knew what was going on but nearly fainted when William and Oz went upstairs to see the ‘niblets.’ Seems she had been listening to the music from the balcony, went into her own sitting room to listen to a CD of the band’s, being a big fan, and walked in to check the babies, to see the lead singer and bassist of her favourite band in there. Poor girl. The lads were sweet enough to give her autographs. Halli, it seems, has a very interesting sense of humour. She hadn’t warned Sarah ‘who the daddy’ was, kept calling him Mr. William.

11) The next two evenings were The Dingo’s playing at the little theatre in the village. The tickets had sold for a fortune. At least £150 each…it included a Q&A with the band, as well as them drinking in the bar before and after the show. So we made over £12000 for the lifeboat each night. But the most important night is the second night. I went down to see how things were going. I was tired but Dawn had begged to go. You’d have thought her autograph book was full enough and her memory banks were filled but no, she wanted to go both nights. As there were no tickets left she had to work in the theatre helping out, not that she or Janice minded fetching and carrying for the band. Security was lighter by now ‘cause there were only the Dingo’s left. The other groups had left, Jamie and Amy had returned to London, Cordy had flown to Paris and Sam and Riley were taking the evening off and celebrating in the pub; leaving Forrest and his crew to man this tiny, intimate event. Problem was, that man didn’t have a brain in his head, it was lower in his body. He followed Dawn out of the theatre and was crude, grabbed at her. Dawn being Dawn knee’d him where it hurt and went to sit at the front of the stage on the steps. I was listening to William, he was playing a sentimental song and I admit I was dreaming. The man is hot. Next thing I know is a knife is heading for me. Seems that somehow Harmony had got not only into the UK but into the theatre. Well the place started ringing with screams. I grab her arm just as Dawn kicks her and William leaps off of the stage. The knife hit William in the arm, not badly, but badly enough. Still no sign of Forrest cause he’s nursing bruised nuts in the hall. We overpowered Harmony and rang the police, who arrive very quickly. I’ve known Johnny (our local Bobby) since we went to school together in the village, and he wasn’t best pleased at being disturbed in the pub, but he let Sam and Riley know there was trouble before he came to the theatre. So the upshot is Harmony is in jail. Oh, Happy Snoopy Dance! Sam and Riley are staying for a few more weeks. Forrest got his, William went all Spike on him and threatened to tear him a new one. Dawn then told William why the pillock wasn’t doing his job and it took both Riley and Sam to stop William beating him to a pulp.

However, Forrest seemed to trip over every time he went past any of the local lads. They weren’t happy at one of their girls getting mauled by a ned (twit, idiot, moron).

12) The boys didn’t let that stop the show, oh no. The Dingo’s carried on and finished the evening off; William and I then walked the three miles back to the castle. It was magical, the northern lights were burning and you could see every star. Anyway he goes to kiss me on the cheek, good night, and I sort of turned my head and he hits my lips and one thing led to another and, well, we’re seeing one another again.

Please don’t shout at me. I’m happy for the first time in over a year.

Hope you enjoyed the catch up. My regards to whichever boyfriend you’re with at the moment, and no that wasn’t being bitchy, well maybe it was, but it wasn’t supposed to be.
B

Dear William,
I would love to come out to dinner on Friday night. I will be ready at 6.30 as requested. Where are we going?
Buffy





Dear Willow,
Well you can’t say it wasn’t an adventure. Harmony was definitely unexpected. Thank Oz again for me will you, for getting everybody out of the way whilst we disarmed the blond idiot. He was incredible and I hope you realise what a brilliant man you have there. Is he blushing or squirming yet? But they say that behind every dark cloud there is a silver lining. Nearly losing William made me realise how precious he is to me. He also realised how important we all are to him. So he invited me out for dinner last Friday (after all the kissing we’d shared That Night).
Friday was Wow, and I mean WOW.
William picked me up at half six and had organised a helicopter to take us to Glasgow. He had booked us into the most wonderful 5-star restaurant. There were flowers waiting for me… yellow tulips (desperately in love).
We are taking things slowly, we are trying not to make the same mistakes again, but I do feel loved. We’re heading into London for a couple of days. My duties, not his. The Royal Lifeboat Nation Institute and Royal Free Hospital are having fundraisers. So The Lady Elizabeth Giles, Lady Traymour, is expected to attend. We’ll be staying at The Dorchester. Halli is coming with us as well. I have booked a four bedroom suite, for Halli, the babies, Dawn and William, and of course me. What a party. Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle Charles have invited us to Windsor for the weekend as well. Naturally Halli will be coming with us. Nanny is always a part of the family.

A funny. William was shouting in the house and woke up Joy. Halli made him write a letter of apology. He didn’t like the idea of staff, not the American way, but seeing him standing there getting a lecture from Nanny was just too funny. It doesn’t seem that many years ago James’ nanny caught Xander and I pillow fighting and we had to do the same for the maid who had to watch us clear up the mess. She had to ensure that we didn’t miss anything.

I’ll make a Scotsman of him yet.


Take care
Buffy
family ties by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
many many thanks to those who read and even more thanks to those kind enough to review
Dear Willow,
Hoping that all is well with you and Oz.
Wonderful news about the baby! I bet Oz is as proud as can be. Are you still going on tour with the boys? It will be early days for the baby and I will be there. Good news, hey?

Things are going very well here. I got a good night kiss last night.
And that’s all the information you’re getting.

Dawn is doing very well at College. She is doing a business course, with European languages. She always was the brainy one. She and Connor are hanging on in there. He’s headed over this way for some work experience (yeah, Right), and is due to meet Uncle Charles and Aunt Elizabeth, only he doesn’t know it yet. I think Dawn is serious. She also wants him to escort her to Fashion Week in London, to see how he deals with the press. She is evil at times. Though I can understand it. It has always been a part of our lives and I have always had to watch what I did in public. One of the reasons I loved being in America, I could ‘hide’ at college.

London fashion week starts next week, and Amy and I have tickets to some of the really hot shows. We have to be seen supporting British Designers of course, anyway William is coming with us as there are various charity things I’m going to and he is escorting me, again. So if you need me in the next week, William, Halli, the children and I are staying at The Dorchester.

Faith called last week. Seems she is settled on one man, I’m told he’s beautiful and intelligent. He’s the head of the school where she was working as a councillor. She’s due to call you next week so I want all the gossip. I’m missing out here.

Sorry I didn't finish the letter last month but here goes part two:-

William escorted me to all my appointments last month, the RNLI ball went beautifully and we danced all night. The Hospital ‘do’ was excellent: dinner and a charity auction. William bought a private pod flight on the London Eye. The children, he and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Saturday was fun. And I have found someone to come on tour with us: yes, William asked me and I have agreed. Separate rooms, of course. The children and Halli will be with us, but I thought to give Halli a break we’d ask Sarah to join us. She’s already worked with us and knows our ways. Two nannies will be wonderful back- up for us. She can act as PA to the girls club as well as helping to care for the children.

Back to Saturday. Amy and I had been to the gym and then drove out of London to meet William, Halli and the kids at Guards Polo Club in Windsor where James was playing. So naturally we were going to cheer him on, and tease him if he fell off. Not really Spike’s scene but William Giles PHD fitted right in.

So, we got changed in London and headed out in the small car that Amy drives herself around in, and parked up at the car park end. Limited security, and they were following in their car. We were headed for the tents when I see William and the kids playing on the climbing frames they have set up there, and go over and collect the kids so we all can go over together; Amy had Joy and I had Billy. William and Halli start back to the clubhouse quicker than us, as the babies were trying to find their presents from Amy. Then I see Sarah and went over, with Amy, to say Hi, I hadn’t seen her for months, well since the concert, and Halli had already told me she had handed in her notice so I was hoping to offer her the job on the tour.

Sarah had a child in her arms and so no bowing, remembering what James had insisted on. Amy was just as pleased to see her, they had hit it off when Amy had found Sarah telling James off for making a noise and waking the children. So the three of us were chatting away when this very rude woman comes up and tells Sarah that she doesn’t want her child any where near ‘our sort’, that if we were important we’d be nearer the Royal Box, and reminds poor Sarah not to ask any celebrities for their autographs.

Amy and I just burst out laughing. Which didn’t help. I mean, it really didn’t help. Amy is the second most important woman in Britain, and I am not exactly unconnected.

Anyway this woman grabs hold of poor Sarah and starts pulling her away from us. Demanding to know who our employer is, as we obviously have no manners and shouldn’t even be at Guards. Sarah was trying to introduce us, so I stick out my hand and say ‘How do you do, I’m Buffy,’ and Amy does the same thing. The woman wouldn’t even shake our hands. Looks down her nose at us and gives ‘that sniff’. Rude, much. You should have seen her, Mutton dressed as Lamb. And bleached, she made me look natural, damn it she made William look natural.

‘I only want my children talking to important people’s children, not their sort.’ The twins were wearing jeans and a tee, what else would you dress kids in for an afternoon in a field? Her precious was in a suit, at four years old, a suit, I ask you.
Anyway by this time, Amy’s security and our menfolk are making their way over.

William, sorry Spike Devlin, who sees Sarah and smiles, gives her a kiss on the cheek and asks if he’s forgiven for frightening her yet, then James turns up and The Harridan recognises him and tries to curtsey. Americans should never try that she looked silly (did I mention she was American?)

James then says hello to Sarah, by name and turns to the harridan and asks, very politely, if there was a problem.

Her husband turns up to see what is going on, and demands that we are removed for upsetting his wife and child! Well I lost it then and near collapsed with laughter; I had to hand Billy over to William, because I was laughing so much. James picks Joy from Amy’s arms for exactly the same reason. The men really thought we were going to drop the babies and James starts kissing Joy.

The harridan is looking absolutely mortified. And demands that her husband takes her home immediately. Security check their tickets and find out they aren’t even members, just hoping to become members; well it takes more than money.

Harridan then turns on poor Sarah and blames her for not introducing us properly. As if there was anyone in the world who wouldn’t recognise The Princess of Wales?
It was so funny, anyway the upshot is that Sarah is staying with us for the rest of the week. Enjoying helping Halli, and relaxing. I saw bruising on her back when we were in the swimming pool Seems Harridan was a little quick with her fists.

Must go, William is taking us all out to the Natural History Museum. Dinosaurs are the order for today, then an early dinner and the theatre. Mary Poppins is on and we have good tickets. Being with a superstar helps sometimes. I think the children and I will sleep for a month when we get home.

Much Love,

Buffy



Dear Aunt Elizabeth,
Since Mom died, you have been one of the few I can turn to for advice. I am falling in love with William all over again. Since the rehab and the operation he is back to being my William. His sense of humour has returned, and he is caring and loving towards the children and me. Do you think its safe to let him close again?

Please help
Buffy




Dear William,
Just a quick note as I intend to be shopping most of the day. I love fashion week.

Please be ready to leave at 7pm. I’ll be back long before that hopefully. Halli and Sarah have said they’ll babysit.
See you tonight
Love Buffy



Dear Aunt Elizabeth,
I thought I’d drop you a quick note before I dive out and head off to the gym.

William and I went out for a proper date last week. I realised when we were out that we hadn’t really concentrated on ourselves since I had lived in America.

Things are very different now, we date, we talk and most important we listen.

We both know that Harmony would never have gotten a look in if we had kept on listening.

William and I went to the Ivy, it is a quiet restaurant, known for exclusive, non-infamous clientele. Spike Devlin would find it hard to get a table. But Mr and Lady Elizabeth Giles of Traymor have no problems.
We will be back in Scotland at the end of the week, then The Dingo’s are off on tour. The children and I are going with them. Halli is coming as is Sarah, separate rooms for William and I, I know, too much information. I am taking things very, very, slowly. If it were only me I would leap, but I’m not risking the babies hearts or happiness, no matter how much I feel we should be together.

Things are going very well on the estate, Anya, needless to say is making us a fortune. A small one but at least we’ll have enough in the budget to renew all the water pipes throughout the castle. Seems that there was still lead in places. It’s needed doing for sometime but we simply haven’t been able to free up the money. When I got the estimate I thought it was the plumbers telephone number.

Do you realise that it is nearly two years since Mom died? Dawn is recovering nicely. She is still long distance dating Connor. He is over here at the moment doing work experience. So I don’t see much of her.
When are you headed to Balmoral this year? She wants to ‘drop in’ and introduce you to him properly.

Security has checked him out already and there are no nasty surprises. In fact he’s a bit of a hero. The only incident of note was of him saving the life of a girl who was being attacked at college.

Good news on my front. I passed my 4th dan black belt last month. I think I aged Giles by ten years. He came into the gym to find William and I sparring at full pelt. I think the sight of us throwing each other round really scared him. He thought William was attacking me and tried to step into the fight…right into my fist, he is now sporting the most wonderful black eye. I bought him a case of 15 year old scotch to dull the pain. After having a couple of glasses Giles offered to let me blacken the other eye in exchange for another case. So I think he’ll live.

Must go or I’ll be late.

Buffy
off on tour by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
many thanks to those who review. it means a lot
Dear Dru,

It’s been far too long since I’ve written to you, especially as I wouldn’t be enjoying my newly found happiness without you.

We have had an interesting time. The director for the Dingo’s new video wanted it filmed at the castle. Anya saw pound signs and said yes straight away, so we came home to find a film crew taking over the house. All the boys and various actresses were done up as vampires and worked all night. There were Smoke machines and atmospheric spiders webs everywhere and it looked really weird. I’m not sure if I like Spike with fangs and a vampires ridges.

We opened up the old dungeons for them and they filmed part of Spike’s singing down there. It looked very strange with all the cameras and people about, trying to look spooky. Then some children came down and are seen being chased by Oz done up as a werewolf.

It was one for the photo album.

You were right about things changing; William has been asked to be a guest lecturer at Stirling University for one term. A course on the influences of poetry in modern music. He’s seriously considering it. It sounds very interesting, but we have to get the tour out of the way first. I am going with the band for the European leg, then they are heading to Australia and the far east before finishing up in America. All timed with the release of the new single and album.
William has also been offered an acting part. It’s a cameo in a new Space Adventure thing. Again he’s thinking about it all.

He’s being very sweet to me. The sweet Willie you told me about. It’s all flowers and chocolates at the moment. He has found my weakness for Hotel Chocolate stuff and it keeps arriving. You were also right about him changing with the children. Billy and Joy love their dada and he can’t keep away from them. He has rearranged his entire day so that he can spend bath time with the two of them, then he reads them their bed time story. It’s wonderful to see him sitting on the rug in front of the fire in the day nursery, reading about giants and fairies. Then he carries them to bed, tucking in Miss Edith and Dalton in as well, before joining me for dinner most nights.

My mother and father used to have dinner in the bay window of the Great Hall and we are now doing the same. It’s on nights like that I can see us getting back together, but then I remember him denying me, and Harmony being able to split us up, and I get myself all upset all over again.

Anyway how are things with you? Well I hope? Has the new job been everything you hoped it would be? And is the studio treating you well? I do hope so. I’m glad the hypnotherapy course is going well. I think you will make a wonderful counsellor. And as you said it would use your gifts for the benefit of others.

Must go,
Love, your sunshine




Dear Willow,

Are you all set for the crossing to the UK? Five days of luxury on board the Queen Mary 2 as you sail from New York and all because you didn’t want to fly. Not that I blame you, flying pregnant is NOT NICE. Mind, I had a broken arm as well.

I am really looking forward to the tour. How long are you staying with us? I know Oz is worrying about you, but just think of the shopping we can do in Paris, Bonn, Madrid, Rome…
See you in nine days.
Buffy



Dear Anya,

Just a quick note before I leave for tour. The cars are due here in about ½ hour and I tried to find you but couldn’t.

I leave everything in your capable hands. I know you have my mobile number and I have enclosed an itinerary of the tour dates, along with all the hotels etc. Sarah and Halli can be contacted through the hotels as well should anyone want them. The code word has been set as Sunnyhell, a nice easy one for us to all remember, I thought.

I will be flying back to Glasgow when I am needed for the trial. Harmony is actually being charged with attempted murder, as well as assault. DI Thompson rang earlier; and he will be calling you to let me know when Spike and I are needed.

If Xander needs any help, I’m sure Gunn knows someone who wants some work.

Good luck with the plumber, it will be nice to be missing when all the work done. I know, I’m a coward.

Give Xander my love and tell him I’m sorry I missed him. I will let you know our plans when I know them myself. But tonight it’s the Dorchester, the Eurostar to Paris early the week after next.

Take care.
Love Buffy




Dear Faith,
I know long time, no write. Well I’m writing now.

How are things with you? Still with the school teacher? I really must meet the man who has finally clipped your wings. Do you fancy a nice holiday in Scotland next summer? You’d both be more than welcome.

I hope the psychology is going well and I think working in a prison would suit you down to the ground. All those nice men to look at or is it a women’s prison? In which case watch your back.

As you can see from the heading on the paper I’m back in London. The babies, who would you believe it are two this year, and I are going on tour with Spike Devlin and The Dingoes. Well for the European bit anyway. I wanted to see what William’s life was like, to give me a little insight as to his day, and Willow says it’s her last chance before the baby is born. We are off to Hammersmith Odeon tonight for the opening concert. Only 5000 people!!! There are TV appearances to publicise the album, then we’re off.

First Paris, with lots of shopping. Then Germany, Italy and Spain. Then it’s Wembley Arena and Cardiff, then back to Manchester, then Glasgow. The Dingoes have been asked to play at Windsor Castle for Price James’ thirtieth birthday party. So that should be fun, our two worlds colliding again.

The itinerary is beginning to look like one of those cheesy old films: ‘If it’s Friday it must be Belgium.’ The band then have a whole weeks rest at Montrose before heading for Cannes and the film festival in May. Then it’s home for me, Willow is coming to stay for a short while before SAILING back to America on the Queen Mary 2 and I think driving, very slowly, back to LA.

So that’s it for now, I’ll add a bit on the end after tonight and let you know how it went. William is being very sweet with me, but I’ll have to see how much I like Spike before I make any major decisions.
B
PS1 a huge bunch of flowers has just turned up. Pansy:- you occupy my thoughts. I told you about the flower book we’d found, didn’t I?
B
Last bit.
The concert tonight was incredible.75,000 screaming for the Dingo’s Willow and I had front row tickets and the boys played their hearts out. Spike looked amazing and sexy on stage. I don’t know if I should admit that bit, after all we aren’t together together, as it were. He wore all black with a duster and I must admit I was hooked.

The crowd were screaming and throwing things, at one point underwear landed on his guitar, he wiped his face on them and threw them back into the audience, who went mad..
We (Willow and I) went backstage afterwards where a lot of fans seemed to be waiting. It was a rugby scrum in there. There was one particular brunette who was trying desperately to sit on poor Oz’s lap, whispering, if you could call it that, that she knew ‘he had a thing for brunettes, and could they go somewhere private,’ I thought Willow was going to skin her alive, poor Oz was trying to get rid of her, you could see that he kept trying to stand up and she kept pushing him down when Willow walks over and grabs her arm: ‘if you want to keep this attached to your shoulder, get it off my husband!’ At which point Verucca (can you believe some one named their daughter that!!!) stalks off in a huff. Poor Oz was desperately trying to explain that he hadn’t led her on, as if we didn’t know that already, but Willow was enjoyin’ the lovin’ and blamed her reaction on the hormones.

Spike couldn’t be seen under all the female flesh all over him. I think I need to get him a bodyguard. He was polite to them but distant, refused to go beyond professional and there was no light in his eyes when he rested on any of them. There were chaste kisses, photo’s and autographs, and he still hadn’t seen me. Then I went into the room properly and his whole face lit up and he came over and just held me in his arms and smelt my hair. I know it sounds stupid but that meant more than anything else. More than a kiss, or even two. It spoke of a long term closeness, not just a momentary thing. And those eyes should be outlawed…they don’t look real, they are such an amazing shade of blue, if it wasn’t for the fact that both Billy and Joy have the same eyes I would swear he wore coloured lenses!
Then the moment was gone and we were back to the real world again. Oh Faith, what am I going to do? I really am falling for him all over again, but don’t know if I can risk my heart?

B




Dear Faith,
Of course I’ll keep you up to speed as to ‘what’s hanging’; you don’t need to ask!
B




Dear Aunt Elizabeth,
I am really looking forward to James’ Birthday, any ideas for a present? I saw a lovely jumper. It’s made by a hand-spinner, in greased wool, so James can wear it outside instead of a coat. What do you think? I’ve also got him both albums from the Dingos signed by the lads. I know he loves them and I thought it was a ‘gift money can’t buy’.

When they are doing the concert for James’ birthday in Windsor I know you’ve invited me to stay at Windsor with you, but I thought I’d stay with them at the hotel. I don’t want Willow to be by herself and I do understand that they can’t stay at the castle. After all, the papers would have a field day with me staying with my EX in the castle under your roof, even with us having separate rooms.

The babies are doing well. They seem to be enjoying the travelling. That might have something to do with everyone playing with them on the coach. They are growing so fast. They have started babbling words now.

Looking forward to Paris, and the fashion houses, it seems an age since I’ve been shopping like that, watch out Dior here I come.

Things are going well between William and myself. We are becoming very good friends. I still can’t trust him with my heart. Some things hurt too much, we’ll just see what the future brings.

Robert, Angus asked me out, I said no, but he is persistent. William didn’t say anything, he just looked so melancholy when it was mentioned. That’s the only word I can think of.

Thanks again for all your support

Buffy
The end of the tour by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
any thanks, yet again to all those who are kind enough to review.
Dear Robert,
I really don’t know how many times I have to say no, but no. I like you as a friend, we’ve known each other forever, but I am not ready for another relationship with anyone. I know it’s been more than two years since I got back from America, but my children are my life now, and I don’t want anything else.

Your friend always,
Buffy





Dear Faith
AAAHHH, there is an old friend of mine that is becoming a real pest. His name is Robert, Duke of Angus, and he keeps asking me out. I keep saying no, for a variety of reasons.

He doesn’t really like Billy and Joy, suggested early boarding school at five for them! Had a fit on the phone at me for talking to William, and is creepy. But most of all, and silly as it sounds, I feel that I would be being disloyal to William. I honestly don’t know if I could love anyone else after him, and I don’t know if I can trust him enough to let myself love him again.

Other than that how are you?

The fashion houses were wonderful, I spent far too much money on things but when I went to pay I found that Spike Devlin had left his credit card there and paid for everything for me.
I am falling all over again. Help girlfriend, what do I do?

B




Dear Cordy,
You would love the shopping here. I’m lucky: between William’s fame and my title there are few doors closed to me. In fact I think Willow and I have hit every fashion house major and minor there is. We went for lunch at a very nice little Bistro. And by the time we got back to the George V hotel the bags had all arrived. It was funny to see William and Oz trying to work out who’s were who’s. Halli, Billy and Joy had been out for a walk in one of the parks. Sarah is babysitting tonight whilst Halli comes to the concert and comes to dinner with us all afterwards. Sarah came last night.

It is working out well having both girls here. The babies are thriving on all the attention and I still get to see them all the time.
It was good news to me at least about Forrest getting arrested. I’m sorry another young girl got hurt but at least he’s where he can’t hurt any more now. The judge asked Dawn for information about his attempt on her, although she is over the age of consent here, it followed a pattern and I think helped the prosecutions case.

Glad the new business is going well for you. Supplying PA’s and trouble shooters for all those rich film stars must be fun. Don’t forget you’ll always be welcome at my place if you need a break.

Take care and give my love to Lorne

Buffy




Dear Amy
Congratulations on the news.

As it’s you, I’ll tell you that Sarah is only working for me for 3 months whilst we are on tour, then she’ll be looking for a new job. I would highly recommend her as a nanny. She is brilliant with my two and I can only think that she will be brilliant with your bundle when s/he arrives. She has handled the press exceptionally well and given nothing away to them despite some very good offers. The only person I can think is better is Halli and you’re NOT stealing her.

William is being charming, he is a little worried about playing for James, not so much for the playing as the thought that James will play my protector and throw him in one of the dungeons. I must admit that I am not helping. I haven’t told him that the dungeons have been turned into a gym and a nightclub under the castle.

I can’t wait until you announce officially. Until then my mouth is shut.

Buffy




Dear Dru,

Yes we are having a wonderful time on tour. France was brilliant as was Germany. Italy is beautiful.

William is still being attentive and sweet, but there is still something at the back of my mind. I don’t quite trust him yet. It’s a bit like having a panther on a leash, you know he’s dangerous and wild but I’m too frightened to let go of the end in case he turns on me.

He hasn’t said or done anything to upset me; just the opposite. He says that he’s OK with me dating other people, but I don’t want to and he isn’t dating anyone.

The flowers keep arriving: white roses today.. pure female beauty. With honeysuckle… the bonds of love. What girl could resist? Last week it was violets…faithfulness.

I am so close to loving him, but just need something to tell me it’s safe.

Take care my friend. Give Tara my love when you speak to her.

Sunshine




Dear Dru,

You’re quite right, I just need faith. So I’m writing to her next.
I’m glad you’re joining us in Cannes. I hope your exams go well

Sunshine




Dear Faith,

Well, we’re well into the tour now. Willow is resting regularly.

Robert flew out to Bonn to see me. It actually made me uncomfortable. I didn’t want him there and he certainly didn’t want the children near him. I come as a package: me and the kids. No children, no Buffy. He seems to think that because we are from the same background I should fall into his arms, grateful for the attention. If he carries on I think I’ll show him why I was nicknamed Slayer when I was a child.
William is being very sweet and to tell the truth, I’m getting a little tired of the sweetness. He seems determined to do nothing wrong. Now I know that sounds perfect but he’s not relaxed and certainly not himself. He says he can see clearly and that I am too good for him. He is so careful, overly polite and just watching me as if I’m going to throw a fit or hit him at any minute. Either that or he can’t believe I’m here.

The other side of sweet is nice. He makes sure he’s here for the children as often as work will allow. He books interviews and photo sessions, TV appearances around the children’s routine. Bed time is sacrosanct. He helps with the bath and reads the story every night. We’re doing Winnie the Pooh at the moment. Tucks them in, kisses them goodnight and goes and changes into Spike Devlin. I must admit the man is hot when he’s dressed for stage. There is something about tight black jeans and that trademark duster of his that does things to my blood pressure. He’s HOT HOT HOT

Now, girlfriend, I need help. I really want that man back in my bed: I need him back in my bed, NOW, but I want him to want me as well. He never gives any sign except the flowers and I’m not sure if they are some sort of habit between friends. I was hoping that this time together would hurry things along, but it seems to have brought the whole situation to a grinding halt.

Do I keep playing it cool or do I risk my and the babies happiness for a one night stand?

Ideas on a post card please!!!
B



Dear Aunt Elizabeth,
Well we’re here in Cannes and it is mad!!! There are stars and wan’- to -be’s everywhere. The women are sooo skinny. Size 0 looks stupid, they look ill and their heads look too big for their bodies. William says he prefers curves.

Oz kept quiet, Willow is in the hormonal stage of the pregnancy and Oz has learnt to keep his mouth closed on some subjects.

The boys have done TV and radio work and concerts galore, they have worked so hard. Dru flew over to join us and is handling the PA work for the band. She seems calmer now, but can still sense things. Told me that id meet a new friend who ‘came to listen, but will stay to sing’
Last week’s rest in Montrose had to be cancelled and extra dates added to the tour due to demand. At least my babies will never be broke.

The concerts were incredible. 50000 people screaming for the guys. I’m surprised that anyone could hear anything. I don’t go into the crowd. Far too noisey, but watched from the wings. The Band played their hearts out. It didn’t seem to last two hours although it was in fact about two and a half.

Then those fans with back stage passes came back to meet the band. There are those who just want to try on too much, Spike is very good at handling them. Oz tends to ignore and Devon enjoys himself. Then there are the real fans. Some of whom have been to fifteen or twenty concerts. There was a teenager by the name of Laura who only wanted a photo with Spike and an autograph for her sister. She was lovely, reminded me of Dawn. Spike spent a good fifteen minutes talking to her, they were dissecting a song he’d written. Seems she’s taking music at college. He had lots of others to see but I could tell he was enjoying himself, so when Dru asked her to allow the others in I went across to her for a chat. She was sweet and polite, took me for another fan and was so excited that she had met Spike and Oz. She asked me if I’d managed to get any autographs yet, I invited her to join me for afternoon tea with my children the next day and she accepted.

We met at the hotel and she was full of polite questions. ‘How long had I been a fan? Was I enjoying Cannes? She thought the babies were sweet, and thank goodness they were on their best behaviour. Halli was on her day off and Sarah was with us. I then said that my babies daddy would be joining us, and his name was William. I hoped she didn’t mind.
Very politely Laura said that she didn’t mind at all, and was delighted when William turned up. They talked for ages and I think Laura benefited from the help. Seems she’s got a lovely voice and Spike was wondering about producing a record for her, but she’s very young still.
Thank Dru, she saw it happening.

Prince Albert of Monaco turned up for one of the star studded galas and recognised me. It must be five years since we met at Windsor. He was so sweet, seems his grandchildren wanted an introduction to Spike Devlin and Daniel Osbourne and ‘grandad’ was hoping it wouldn’t be too much of an imposition. The band were struck dumb, all the really famous faces were trying to meet them. The little princesses are sweet, it seems an age since I last saw them.
William gave a lovely bow to their Serene Highnesses who giggled lots then they went off to play with the twins.. We were invited out on His Serene Highness’ yacht for the afternoon. It was fantastic. I think though that it overwhelmed some members of the band. I wonder what they’re going to be like when we hit Windsor.

You said, when Mom died, I could ask you anything, well I need someone to talk to. So I hope it’s true. Things are peculiar between Will and I at the moment. It’s like he’s walking on eggshells the whole time, terrified to put a foot wrong. Yet I want him to make a move. I’ve dressed up, I’ve organised quiet dinners, done everything I can think of except send a gilt edged invitation, and he still asks me if Robert, Angus has rung. AAAHHH! Can I kill him please? No? Oh all right them. I just wish I knew if he wanted me or not.

One more show and our three months on the road are over and we’re headed home to the UK. Windsor, then home. I will be glad to sleep in my own bed again.

My love to Uncle Charles and congratulations on becoming a Grandma.
Love always,
Buffy
Party at The Palace by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
a quick up date as i have written a way ahead. hope you enjoy. please feedback it feeds my muse
Dear Aunt Elizabeth

Help, Robert, Duke of Angus turned up again, and caused a little trouble. And that’s putting it mildly. Seemingly as I’m divorced, no other man will have me and I should be lucky he’s thinking of taking me as his MISTRESS. Not wife you understand, I’m not good enough for that. Soiled goods, as he put it. He then tried to force his way into my suite, luckily Oz was coming up to see William about something. For a little guy Oz is tough. Robert towers over him, but Oz managed to get the pair of us into my suite and locked the door. Then called security. All we could hear was Angus blustering outside the door that he was my last chance, and I should be grateful, he then called me a few names I simply can not repeat to you, use your imagination.!!

I did not lead him on, honestly. I was polite and formal, honestly, please don’t sit him near me at any of the upcoming State do’s. I would have to refuse the invite and I am so looking forward to Jamie’s party. Robert was escorted from the hotel and photographed shouting at the guards to get their hands off of him and ‘do you know who I am?’

William turned up after it was all over, he’d been at the pool teaching the twins to swim. Halli and Sarah were still down there with the babies, thank goodness.

William went all Spike on Oz, because he found me on the sofa in the sitting room, crying my eyes out with a wonderful black eye. Robert managed to get a couple of hits in. Can you imagine what he’d be like in private? William thought Oz had hurt me, and we had to hold him back, and by the time we’d explained what had happened, Angus was safely away to the police station. He’s being deported tomorrow.

Any room for him in the tower? Please?

Seems William still does really care for me; after he had apologised to Oz, he called the doctor and had me checked out. Bruised ribs, and a black eye. William is swearing vengeance at the moment, I thought I’d better let you know. I’m fine, though. We told the babies I’d fallen over and hit my eye on the door.
Bye for now,
Buffy




Dear Jamie,
I’m fine, I promise you. Thank you for both the flowers and phone call. I’m glad you have ‘dis-invited’ Robert, I don’t know if I could face him again.

Looking forward to your party. I may have some news myself.
Things are going very well with William. The babies, sorry, twins send their love to their God Daddy.

Take care,
Buffy





Dear Faith,
Well, I did it. Here is a copy of the note I sent to William via Oz just before he went on for the encore on stage. He read it and went red himself. Nearly forgot the words to the song.

Dear Spike,
I am a huge fan of yours. Will you come to my
room tonight after the show? I really want to show you how much I like you, and I like you…
Elizabeth Giles

It worked!!!!
We spent the night making up for lost time. I am one happy lady.
You were right, he was scared. But after the way he cared for me with the Robert incident, I knew I could trust him. But all I seem to have been doing this last year is getting hurt in hotel rooms. I’m not staying in any more. Palaces only from now on, if only I could.
Many thanks from a very tired friend,

Buffy




Dear Dawn,
Good news for me. Please be happy for me.

William and I are back together.

The reason… Robert Angus. I know I should have listened to you, he went absolutely crazy. Seems he wanted me as a girlfriend only. I wasn’t good enough to be his wife. He told me that himself. He tried to attack me, slapped me across the face and told me when we were alone he’d teach me the way to behave. Oz saved me and William went loco. I have a couple of bruises and a rather stunning black eye at the moment. Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle Charles are livid and Robert has been banned from court and had his name put on the gate at Guards (that means he can’t go into the clubs and things in London). Uncle Charles was threatening all sorts at one point. Anyway, William sat up with me and nursed me all night. Kept the nightmares away. Then we really got back together. He truly is the man I should spend the rest of my life with, but we are still taking it very slowly. We don’t want to make any mistakes.

How’s Connor, well I hope. I sent a gift to Angel and Cordy when they got married. I hope it arrived safely. Glad Connor is enjoying his course and I’m glad you’re happy.

Speak to you soon,
Buffy




Dear Aunt Elizabeth,
One happy lady here, he still loves me. I’ll fill you in on all details when I see you next week. More flowers are arriving. The room looks like the inside of a Kew hot house. Wood sorrel (joy), red tulips (declaration of love) and a full blown red rose, which I wore to show that his attentions were welcome.
Buffy




Dear Anya, Xander and Tara,
Hope things are going well at the estate. I know there have been phone calls and stuff but I really wanted to say thank you to Anya and Xander for looking after Traymour so well whilst I ran away. I’m back next week. Hopefully on Thursday. Sarah and Halli will be travelling up with the babies Wednesday, and William and I will follow the next day. William has been asked to do some charity gala or other and has asked me to be his escort. I have said yes, especially as we are now together, together again. Please bring Xander round from his faint. I know him. No I haven’t lost my mind. I think I’ve found it. We have had a terrible two years. With Harmony, the tumour, the arguments and everything. Time to rebuild. I’m asking, no begging you Xander, please be my true friend and support me in this. I know you think I’m making a mistake but it is my mistake to make. I need your support, no hitting, no snide comments, just love from my ‘brother’ please.
It’s quite simple. I love him and he loves me. He’s proven it again and again. Now I choose. My life with or without him in it and I choose in, please don’t do anything to change that. That doesn’t mean you can’t give him the ‘you hurt her and I kill you’ speech, but knowing you, you intended to do that anyway. Seems he’s had it from Uncle Charles and Jamie already.

Must go, we’re off to Windsor for the sound check and the banquet before tonight’s party. Tell Tara and Anya I’m wearing the red silk we bought at London fashion week. Glad Amy made me buy it.

Will write with all the gossip tomorrow.

Buffy





Dear Faith,
All is wonderful here. We had the most marvellous party for Jamie’s thirtieth birthday. The band were fantastic, Spike looked yummy!!! I could, and did, eat him up, and that, girlfriend, is ALL the information you’re getting!

We had a huge banquet in St Georges Hall, its in the medieval, (dating from 1460) part of the castle, there were over a hundred guests and it was very dressy, White tie and full evening gowns. I wore a lovely red Vera Wang halter neck in silk and Willow wore an emerald green empire line dress. It was strange to see the band all dressed up.
The meal was delicious, and the conversation lively. Robert Angus has been blackballed from most of the clubs and societies in London, Uncle Charles let it be known he wasn’t welcome at the Palace, and he is persona non grata.
We then went through into the main hall, where the Dingos had set up in the old Minstrels Gallery, they rocked all night and we danced all night. Amy and Willow sat out quite a few in one of the drawing rooms that had been set aside for talking. Pregnancy is not contusive to partying all night.
I danced and danced, my feet hurt like crazy by the time we got back to our rooms. Aunty Liz had put aside rooms for us all in the Castle as a thank you, just for that night. And as we didn’t finish partying until 4am I was most grateful. We went back to our hotels the next morning.
Spike was still worried his room would be in the dungeon but he finally relaxed. We went down to see the dungeons before leaving just to prove they were incapable of holding prisoners now.
We have talked non-stop. And know our future is together. I think the poor love was just frightened of it all blowing up in his face again so he’s planning to keep the Crypt (what a name for a house) as his permanent base. And the band are recording their next album at the Farm.

The funniest thing happened, though. William was asked to see His Majesty the day after the party, for tea; Aunt Elizabeth and Amy had asked to see me. So we delayed our departure and headed up to the Castle for about four o’clock.
Coming out of the gates, they were shutting for the evening, was the Harridan from the polo match !! Can you believe it? She recognised me, you could tell by the way she looked down her nose at me, and told me that ‘the castle was shut for the evening and tourists had to come back tomorrow’; we kept on walking and headed over to one of the smaller gates and the harridan came over and grabbed my arm, demanding we leave. That woman is unbelievable. The gate was opened by the duty officer, who announced that ‘The Lady of Traymour demands entrance,’ and the huge gate was swung open and we were saluted as we went in. I did ask him what that was all about, cause normally I’m just let in the posturn gate, and it seems the harridan had pi**ed off his staff all afternoon and she needed putting down. By tradition, the Lady Laird of Traymour, who ever she may be, can demand to see the King of Scotland, because so many of them were mistresses to the king in the middle ages. Isn’t family history wonderful?
I went off to find that Amy and Aunt Elizabeth wanted to ask if Sarah fancied heading up the Royal Nursery, seems they didn’t want to steal her from me but really liked the way she handled not only my kids, but wasn’t afraid to put the twins needs above the Prince’s orders. Seems our Sarah has a couple of fans. I’m writing to her today to ask her opinion, but to even be considered is an honour. I’ll ask her and if she says yes the Princess of Wales will formally ask her.

William on the other hand had a very uncomfortable hour with my Uncle asking what his intentions were towards me, and if he was going to honour his promises this time. Uncle Charles was rotten; it’s the only word for it. He stationed soldiers in dress uniform on every corridor my poor love had to walk down and there were four outside his study.

Overkill!!!

I think he threatened to have William’s head next time he upsets me. I know you will all have the ‘hurt her and die’ conversation, but for the King to threaten you must be scary. I mean he doesn’t really have that power any more. If he did I think it more likely that Robert Angus would have lost part of his anatomy.

Talking of which, it seems the Duke of Angus tried to get into his club in London and was turned away. He couldn’t get a table at any of the decent restaurants and even the good hotels were full when he tried to book in. Seems he normally stays at his club, and couldn’t this time. I have to laugh. The pillock thought he was so far above me I was only good enough to be his mistress!!

Back to my poor William, he’s asked me to marry him again and I’ve said yes.

I’ve said yes!!!

He asked Uncle Charles’ permission whilst they were having their meeting, then rang Xander and asked him as well, which I thought was very sweet. I am now sporting a four-carat emerald and diamond ring that would make any Hollywood matron green with envy. He had it especially designed and picked out the emerald especially ‘to match my eyes when I’m happy’.

No hurried Vegas wedding this time. We’re doing it properly, at Traymour, in front of family and friends. A HUGE castle wedding next spring, when Uncle Charles and family are up at Balmoral. Amy’s baby will be safely here and the time is already booked off for them. Uncle Charles has said he will give me away, Xander and James are to act as ushers, Oz is to be best man.

And you will be there. No excuses, girlfriend. April 20th next year, here.
I would love for you to be one of my bridesmaids, don’t worry, no vomit green dresses, I promise, just blood and sacking…as if.

Stella McCartney, who did Amy’s wonderful creation is doing mine and all the bridesmaids dresses.

Take care,
Give Robin my love.
Buffy
Home again by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
many thanks as always to those who review. it makes my day
Dear Laura,
Thank you so much for the flowers; it was a very kind thought. William and I, and the little ones of course, thoroughly enjoyed meeting you as well.
It does William good to talk music at times. I’m afraid that sometimes it’s a little beyond me.
I would love for you to keep in contact, please tell your mother it’s no bother at all. William was quite serious about producing a record for you, but I understand you wanting to finish school first, that is a very mature choice to make, but this offer won’t go away. I promise.

If you want to keep the friendship quiet, stop your ‘friends’ from pestering you, just write to William Giles, C/o Traymour Castle, Traymour Scotland, I’ll see he gets the letters. I know what you mean about the popular crowd. I was a victim of their cattiness when I was at school and if you get a chance to speak to Willow, Dan Osbourne’s wife, she was a computer nerd who loved homework, really not popular with the cheerleading crowd. Surprising how many of them reckon on what good friends they all were at school.

If you want a nice signed photo let me know, I’ll have one sent to you. I enclose a CD of some of the songs from the tour. I remember you saying you couldn’t get one at the concert, William, sorry Spike Devlin, and Oz have signed it and I hope you like it. It is your birthday next week, isn’t it?
If you ever come up to Scotland, please come and visit. I hope we can see you again.
Buffy Giles




Dear William,

Good luck with the next bit of the tour. Willow is busy writing to Oz at the moment, then we’re off for a walk around the grounds. The swimming pool is being refilled, seems someone dropped car in it whilst we were away!! I thought we were the ones living the rock star life style, but no, for us it’s shopping and playing in the children’s park and early nights because of the family, and here at Traymour…parties and dropping cars into swimming pools. Seems Dawn was learning to drive and missed the parking space. She’s worse than I was, and that really is saying something.
I sent a copy of the tour CD to Laura, her mum has asked her to finish school before considering a career in music, she was so upset that she had missed her opportunity, but I’ve told her not to worry, we’ll still be here in a year and a half’s time. I hope that was OK.

The arrangements are starting to come together for the wedding. All you have to do is turn up and look wonderful. So not too difficult. Sorry about all the threatening conversations the men folk have had with you recently, but I think they only mean it for the best. And I am sorry that Uncle Charles tried to intimidate you so much.
Did it work?

Are you still thinking about the film work? You know, I hope, I will support you in anything you do. And don’t forget the offer from Stirling to do the course on the influence of Victorian poetry on modern music. They have been hassling for an answer.

The little ones have settled down after all their excitement and are loving the nursery class that Tara has started at school. Dru wrote to me last week. She hopes to finish her course this year, working for you over the summer pays well enough to keep her for most of the year. And she’s worth every penny; then she will be coming over to see how things go with Tara. They seem so good together… she says the voices aren’t so intrusive and fearful now she knows how to quieten them.
Giles has found some very rare manuscripts in the library whilst he was cataloguing in there, as well as some rather spectacular paintings in the attic, including a Gainsborough and a Van Dyke. Along with a selection of Victorian watercolours, including three by Queen Victoria! She often came as a guest when she came to Balmoral. I think he’s having fun exploring all of the Castle.

We are turning the old stable block into yet more workshops. This time for woodworkers and stonemasons. Then Anya has some ideas for building a new café on site. The old one is just getting too small for our needs. We have also been asked if we want to be licensed for weddings. I am seriously thinking about it. We could do a complete package wedding, reception and honeymoon. The old Rolls would make a lovely wedding car and there are some lovely sites for photos.

The Chapel is still consecrated for those who want a religious service and if not there are a couple of rooms that could be used. We plan to only allow weddings at most once every couple of months. It would make them very special.
There is some excellent news. The brewery won a couple of awards at the Beer festival in Liverpool. Seems they agree with you about our beer.
We are officially losing Sarah. She is off on holiday for the next month to six weeks visiting all the places on her list and then sets up the Royal Nursery for Amy’s and Jamie’s baby. So she’ll be living mainly in London.
Speaking of the new princeling that is on the way, Jamie has asked me to be God Mother.

The new band Vampire that you hired out the farm to seem very nice. I invited them up to the house for dinner last week, but I think I broke them. They thought I only worked here. I was with Xander and he just kept calling me Buffy and talking about business. I think they thought I was his wife. No getting jealous now, they had no reason to believe that other than me saying I’d see him at home later.
Well they came for dinner and once over their shock we had a great evening. They have asked to do a show at the Little Theatre, seems it’s going to be a tradition for all groups and bands recording at the farm to put on a show in aid of the village. They really appreciated the way that they weren’t bothered by folks during their stay. The villagers doing their normal press ‘run around’ game. The only reporter that got close was Andrew who works for our local paper. The big papers find that they aren’t welcome or helped.
We miss you but we are waiting patiently for you to finish the tour, then come home. Oz said you were looking to take time off, Devon wanted to go surfing and girl hunting, Oz will have a new baby to bond with and I only hope that you still want to come home to us. I know you said you did, but in honesty… needing some reassurance here.

All my love, now and always,
Buffy

PS you didn’t say do you want a civil or religious service for the wedding?
Buffy, Billy and Joy…who miss their Daddy like mad.




Dear William,
Are the next four months going to be filled with thank you notes for the flowers? They were lovely.
And yes I believe that you want to come home to us. I just get scared.

There is a lovely Faberge posy coming up for sale at Bonhams next month, forget-me-nots enamelled with emerald leaves, estimate about £250,000. It used to belong to one of my forebears. And NO, I am not hinting.
The sale will also carry some of the things Giles has found in the house. Seems there have been antiques hiding around the place. A whole set of Chippendale chairs, from the original factory, were found in one of the outbuildings, along with a matching sideboard and buffet, worth about £225,000, in original, untouched condition. My gran could never stand them and had them banished from the house when I was little. We thought they’d all been burnt. There is loads of other stuff too. A load of Jacobite glassware, which we are donating to the museum, along with family papers and estate management books.

Giles and Jenny seem to be happily settled. Jenny has announced she is expecting a baby, and Giles is delighted. He said he’d be writing to you soon anyway. Giles’ job in the museum is going well.

Anya is also expecting, this place will be over run with little ones soon, so we’re planning on opening a nursery on site for the estate workers. Flexible opening and we’ll subsidise it to help with costs.

The school is expanding, two new teachers, and Tara is now head.
We have a new minister coming next month. And the village are planning ten new houses. All the old housing stock that could be renovated, has been, and we are running out of affordable homes. The doctor is hiring another nurse as well. So, more folk joining us.
Xander has passed his latest exams for the lifeboat and is now relief Cox, he is thriving, the estate is flourishing and as a gift for the birth of their baby I’m giving them the freehold for the cottage they’re in, they’ll need to expand it soon anyway.

Glad all is well your end,
All my love,
Buffy




Dear Willow,
I’m glad you enjoyed your rest and have reached home safely. Only three more months to go.
I hope you like the enclosed presents. The shawl is made to a traditional pattern used by my family for generations. They are made by a wonderful lady who lives in the village.
I’m glad Oz will be home soon, six more weeks and he’s in America, eight and he’s back with you. I hope he makes it in time for the baby, if not I’ll hold him down while you hit him.

Things are going well with the plans for the wedding. I’m doing everything differently this time. We’re planning on using the chapel in the castle, my family have used it for 500 years, although it is still called the new chapel, the old one was destroyed during one of the Border Raids.
Please let me know how things are going.

My love to Oz

Buffy
Ps I’m glad Faith is there with you.

Dear William,
Well, the minister came, and left. The church living is in my gift, so a lecture about unmarried mothers and the evilness of bringing up children without a father, then him referring to the local girls as harlots when they were dressed up for a dance, didn’t go down well. He then upset Jenny and Giles by threatening to not baptise their baby, on the grounds that Jenny had been married before. Then this Caleb man says he won’t perform our wedding because we’re divorced. The fact that we are marrying again was of no interest.
Xander says I went slayer on him, he was ‘asked to leave’, when he refused I rang the Bishop and he was out within a week. So were are looking for another minister at the moment, one who realises that the twenty first century has different problems to the nineteenth.
The bishop has said he will look for someone a little less controversial.




Dear Anya,
More orders for the house. I tried to catch you before Xander took you to town but no luck.
We have a woman coming from ‘Brides’ magazine to do a feature on our all inclusive weddings. She’s due on Monday about 2pm. Could you please show her around if I’m not back from the school?
I have a meeting with Tara at 1, nothing nasty, just a talk about how things are going to be with the new day care opening. But unfortunately it’s the only time she’s free.

Then we have to check the wine cellar at some time. We need to get in some more decent stuff. I know we are getting low on Shiraz and Burgundy and for some reason, champagne. I thought you and I could take a trip to London and visit some of the good merchants and stock up, maybe next month.

William is doing really well on tour. He is hoping to be in LA later this week and then should be home in just a few more weeks. So we’ll need someone to go to the Crypt and get it ready. Could you maybe find someone in the village who needs a couple of extra hours work a week and could take over as his housekeeper?

Speak to you tomorrow
Buffy

Dear William,
We have just found a secret stairway from my bedroom to the old nursery. I thought we could do it up and use it for a short cut.
Things are doing well here. The new day care opens in a couple of weeks and we had a wonderful review for the weddings in Brides magazine.
More business. The Farm is doing well, Anya says to tell you that there are bookings through to next year now. Seems some big, big names are interested in coming.
Lorne is recommending it to those people who want to be able to record in peace without getting swamped by fans. The villagers are still protecting everyone.
I have organised a kilt for you for the highland games. It’s Traymour tartan, Billy looks cute in his. The games will be on one week after you’re due home, so please don’t be too late.
I know you were hoping I’d come over to see you, but I don’t know if I can. I think I’ll wait for you here. I’m sorry to be such a coward, please forgive me. I do love you so much, but I’m still scared. I have nightmares about that night still, and no this isn’t supposed to guilt you out it’s just the truth.

Take care my darling,

All my love
Buffy



Dear William
YES YOU ARE WEARING A BL***Y SKIRT!
Ever other male there, including the King and Prince of Wales, will be in a kilt and you are so not letting me down.
Love Buffy
Ps I’ll make it worth your while.
XXX
Spike Devlin strikes back by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
many thanks as always to those kind enough to take the time to review. they mean a lot
Dear Willow,
I know the last couple of weeks are the worst. I was lucky, with twins they came early but I felt like a beached whale and needed Xander to get me off of the couch and Anya to check I had matching shoes on. Just hang on in there, girlfriend. Not long now. The worst bit for me was feeling hot and having no one around to help. At least Oz is there. Anya said she was going to send you some books, so if there is a parcel from Scotland do NOT open it in front of your mother. You know what Anya is like, and I know your mum, she’d freak.

William arrives home tomorrow, and I’m in trouble. Big trouble.
It’s the Highland games next week and by tradition all the men wear kilts. I’m expected to attend and have bought a Kilt for William. The press are going to have a field day with Spike Devlin in a skirt.

I am determined that he’s wearing it, he’s moaning and complaining but he hasn’t actually said no yet. And before you ask of course there will be pictures, I’ll send you some but just watch the tabloids.

I’m writing to Faith as well.

Take care
Love Buffy



Dear Faith
Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve written , but I just don’t see to have stopped. I have gone back to Uni, and am going to finish my degree. I don’t need it but just thought it would be nice to actually finish school.

Halli is still the star of the nursery and the twins are thriving under her care. Dru is planning on moving over here next year when she’s finished her courses. And she and Tara are officially a couple. There are rings and everything.
Anya had a lovely baby boy. Alexander William Henry Harris; I’ve been asked to be Godmother and of course said yes, William is going to be Godfather, as a gift we have signed over their house to them so its theirs free and clear. Anya was over-joyed, house prices are so much higher here than in America and she wasn’t sure how she was going to buy one. Now she’s planning on using the first house as collateral to buy others and make their fortune. I just leave her to it and watch the bank balance grow and think Xander has the same approach to life. It is so much simpler.

I thought you would like the enclosed picture and feel free to sell copies to the tabloids if you want. Spike Devlin in a Kilt at the Highland games held last week. The tour was over and my William finally came home. It’s wonderful to have him here, we’ll see you next year at the wedding, and you can see then how crazy we are.

Back to the kilt. It’s traditional, all the men wear one, and Billy looked cute in his, but he definitely was outclassed by his Dada. William fussed and moaned but eventually put it on. Wow, he was hot. But he complained about the breeze going where it shouldn’t. The games were wonderful, full of old traditions that mean little to outsiders. Billy and I lead the parade in a horse drawn carriage, Lady Laird and her heir. Then came Joy and Dawn in their own vehicle.
William was waiting there for us, as he’s not my husband he can’t join us in the parade. Next year he will.
William, sorry Spike, has agreed to do a cameo in a Space film that they are making in London, he’s playing a twenty fifth century pop star. Watch this space. If he enjoys it, William thought he might do more.

Hope Robin is well and I can’t wait to meet him. Hope he’s not a city boy, otherwise he’ll find it far too boring here. Oh and warn him will you that the relatives will be at the wedding.

B




Dear Laura,
I thought that you might like to know that Willaim Giles is guesting as a lecturer at Stirling university next year. The course is on modern music and its similarities to Victorian poetry. Didn’t your mum say something about you doing a year at another Uni? Well I thought you’d like the sitch. You would be more than welcome to visit us at any time.
I’m glad you liked the CD.
I am enclosing a photo of us all at the highland games. The boys just looked so cute in their kilts.

Take care and good luck with your exams

Buffy Giles




Dear Willow
Congratulations on the birth of Hazel Marie Osbourne.
7lb 4oz is a good weight. William sends his love as well. Says he will take Oz out for a drink when he sees him.
And no shouting at me, I warned you about Anya’s parcel, it’s your fault you opened it in public. You were warned.
I will phone you next week when things have calmed down your end, give Hazel a kiss for me

See you in six months for the wedding!
Buffy





Dear Laura
I know this is an unexpected letter, but your mum was worried enough to phone me. I know school can be difficult but hang on in there, it will soon be over and you will be free. I had a ‘school queen’ at my school and I agree that they can make life hell, so please, as a friend tell me what the problem is and I will try and help if I can.

Buffy




Dear Mrs Jackson,
It seems that Laura is being called a liar at school about meeting Spike Devlin. She has kept faith with us over not spilling secrets about William and I, and as I really don’t like school queens and I am in London on Friday to see my new cousin, please make sure she is in school Friday.

Elizabeth Giles




Dear Amy
Congratulations on the birth of His Royal Highness, Henry Charles William James of Wales. I will be down at the weekend to see you both. William will be with me as we have a visit to do as well. I’ll tell you all about it when I see you Saturday.
Much love and congratulations again,
Buffy



Dear Jamie,
Congratulations on being a Daddy. I’m due in for the weekend and popping in to see Amy and you. William has a very nice bottle of scotch for you to crack open.
See you Saturday,
Buffy





Dear Anya,
I promised, a nice list of all the wines that are being delivered. Now will you please rest?
Buffy





Dear Amy,
He’s beautiful. And thank you for all the gossip, I needed that. Glad Robert Angus is still having serious problems. I have to gloat, sorry, bitchy Buffy about. It was lovely to see Sarah again and I’m so pleased she has settled in well.
I meant to tell you about Laura, she’s a charming girl we met in Cannes, but goes to school in London. She and I have had a lovely correspondence over the last few months.
She has been circumspect in anything she has said to outsiders and this led to problems at school. She had told a so- called friend that she has met Spike Devlin on holiday, and he had been kind enough to talk to her. Well they made out she was lying about the whole thing and had bought her autograph off of ebay. Poor girl.

So we sorted it. Spike Devlin, all in black with leather duster, looking as though he had just stepped off stage, picked her up from school last Friday.
He’d even hired a limo for the occasion. Her mother (Mrs Jackson) had contacted the school to say that we would be collecting Laura, who was totally surprised. William made a huge entrance, with a bodyguard (as if he’s ever had one of those when we’ve been in London before, but said that as he was dressed as Spike more people would recognise him). Laura squealed as did half the female population of the school. He just did that smirk thing and said ‘hi kitten’, and whisked us off to tea at the Ritz. His only comment was, ‘that’ll shut ‘em up that you were lying, won’t it pet.’ Laura had such a huge grin on her face. We dropped her back off at home, where her mother said that the phone hadn’t stopped all afternoon.

The evening visit wasn’t such fun for us. We stopped in at Great Ormond Street hospital and visited the teenage wards for a while. William was brilliant, every inch the star talking to fans, left loads of CD’s and DVD’s as well as countless pictures and autographs.
It made me so grateful for the health of the twins. Seeing those kids who are so ill, I just cried over Billy and Joy because they were full of life and mischief.
William decided to do something more practical. He hired a coach for Tuesday next week and has hired the Embassy Club, it’s only small, about 250 people at most, but very exclusive, and he’s sending the coach for all the nurses, doctors and staff who can make it, for an acoustic concert to say thanks for looking after all the kids so well. I thought it was a lovely idea.

Next is shopping. I am looking for underwear for the wedding. I have sent William to do ‘Spike stuff’ at the record company and I am hunting for silk nightwear. Great fun.

Must go, we’re all going down to the pool for an hour.

Buffy
Laura by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
many thanks to those few kind souls who review. please continue they really mean a lot
Dear Laura,
Here are the photos I promised you from our afternoon out. I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself. I certainly did. If you happen to let the ‘witch crew’ see them, you know when they steal your bag or what ever, don’t worry, we won’t be mad. And you can’t get these on ebay.

The twins are doing really well. Thoroughly enjoying having their daddy home with the. Discipline is unknown. He spoils them rotten. I think we bought out Hamley’s when we were in London. We seem to have an incredible number of soft toys, huge lions and bats. William seems to have developed a thing for bats. He has hung them all over the nursery. We have a protected colony of the things in the old priory but now the stuffed ones are all over the house.

It will be announced next week, but the Dingo’s are heading into the recording studio for six months. You will naturally get an advanced copy of the CD, if you want. I’ll take that squeal as a yes, shall I!
I know you are doing your exams this month so good luck. I hope things go well so please let me know.

Must go, lots to do today

Buffy




Dear Mrs Jackson,

William and I were glad we could help. My best friend Willow and I know what it’s like to be on the receiving end of teasing. It makes life so hard when you’re a teenager.
I have an offer to make.
I know Laura wants to pursue a career in music, so as a holiday job, I would like to offer her work experience at The Farm. It’s a recording studio we have up here. I haven’t mentioned this to her yet, I wanted to ask you first. I know she’s an adult now but mothers worry, and I didn’t want that for you.
I promise to look after her, my sister Dawn is a couple of years older and will be here with her boyfriend for the holidays, and Halli will also be here, she’s one of the nannies you met in Cannes. Laura can stay in the Castle with us, we have plenty of room. She will be tea and coffee girl, if you say yes, getting lunch, drinks, and generally running around making other people’s lives easier. It’s long hours, with little thanks but great fun. It will look good on her resume and will pay quite well. Always useful for Uni.
Please let me know what you think? As I said, I will not approach Laura until we have your OK.

Buffy





Dear William,
I have done as you asked and written to Mrs. Jackson. I had the phone call last night and she’s very happy for us to ask Laura to come and work at The Farm for the mid term break. I have promised to look after her of course. I am writing to Cordy, she and Angel seem to be doing very well. Connor is still looking after Dawn, if he wasn’t I think I would kill him quite happily.
The plans for the wedding are coming along wonderfully. We have to choose the flowers soon. I have been looking up traditional wedding bouquets, and the florist thinks she can produce a really nice one.
I heard about Quentin Travers. He got nine years, and is being transferred to a medium security unit in the South of England. So we are well shot of him.
I also heard from Robert, Angus. He has begged my forgiveness and requested that I intercede with my Uncle to allow him back into Society. I was a perfect lady, and told him to get stuffed. See what happens when you go away for two days?

See you the day after tomorrow.

All my love as always,
Buffy




Dear Cordy,
Thanks for that wonderful long phone call, and I really miss you too. Things are going well here. Dru is settling down with Tara and they have bought a house together. There were a few complaints from villagers about two women living together, but I invited them, very publicly, to dinner at the castle and the mutterings stopped. Pissing off the Lady Laird is not a wise thing to do.
Anya is still turning out every room, cupboard and closet in the castle to see what she can find. The latest is in one of the tower rooms. Seems it hadn’t been opened for years and she found a load of Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian clothes. One of which was the most beautiful silk Victorian evening dress. I am having it copied as my Wedding dress. I know I was going to go with something modern but as soon as we saw it we knew it was for me.
I’m so glad that things are going well between you and Angel. I was so sorry I couldn’t make the wedding but hoped you liked the gift I sent. Knowing what snobs some of the lawyers are over there I thought a few cases of really good vintage wine would start your cellar off nicely. You see, I did remember what you said about your new house having a wine cellar in it. Now just let those idiots at Wolfram and Hart moan about the wine you serve with dinner. Corporate wife seems to suit you down to the ground. If you’re ever over here please come visit. I really love our girlie days and don’t seem to have much time for myself at the moment. Says the girl who took a three month holiday at the beginning of the year!
Connor seemed to enjoy his trip to Balmoral, and he impressed my aunt and uncle. They have invited Dawn and he to Windsor next month for a dinner and concert. I believe the cast of one of the West End shows are coming to entertain.
They are really looking forward to it especially as one of the other guests is the CEO of the company Connor is working for at the moment.

Hope the shops are surviving your sprees.
Miss you lots
Buffy




Dear Laura,
I am so glad you have agreed to come and help us during the holidays. We are so looking forward to seeing you. The Dingo’s of course will be recording, and we have another, newer, band recording also at the end of the season. They are called RED and I have been told they are very good. Your job will be very unglamorous, running around supplying drinks and food, fetching stuff from the shops and generally being a dogsbody. I have put aside the flat over the stables for your use, that way you’ll have a little bit of freedom but still be in the main part of the castle. Bring your provisional licence and we’ll see about getting you through your driving test while you’re here. I know its only three weeks but Xander is a very good teacher.
William sends his regards and he’ll pick you up from the railway station the first Friday after you finish school for the term.
I hope you didn’t have too many problems with the bullies, but I bet there were questions. Glad we could help.
Must go, Anya’s yelling at me to sit down and go over all the plans for the next few months, she’s still supposed to be on maternity leave but I don’t think she trusts me to look after the house without her. Sad thing is she’s right. Her forthright nature hides a very keen business mind and an astute friend and I’m lucky to have her.
Give you mother my best.
Take care,
Buffy




Dear Mrs Jackson,
Laura has settled in very well and is keeping up with the work. She and Dawn have been having a fine time; Connor, Dawn’s boyfriend, has been taking both girls out to clubs and ensuring that Laura gets home. He’s a real little gentleman.
Laura has her driving test next week, and if (when) she passes she will have use of the estates runaround. It’s only little, but will give her the freedom to get into the village.
She started to get a little tongue- tied around the band, but soon got over it.
She seems to like the flat and I promise is very happy. Jenny Giles, my housekeeper, is mothering her, and we are all keeping an eye on her. So no mischief.
Must go, we’re having a pool party tonight.
Elizabeth Giles





Dear Faith,
Glad things are going well and if this guy rocks your world and makes you want to come home, no of course I don’t think you’re stupid wanting to get engaged. Remember what you told me, see your goal and go for it
Buffy
Ps let me know how it goes, you asking him.




Dear Faith and Robin,
Congratulations on the engagement.
Lots of love,
Buffy




Dear Laura
I am so pleased you passed all your exams, driving test included. And I think the enclosed present should make things easier when travelling too and from college.
Good luck at Cambridge. If you need a holiday job there is always one open for you here.
Buffy




Dear Mrs Jackson,
Please don’t be cross but William and I wanted to give Laura a gift so have bought her a little car. It is fully insured for a year as the first year’s insurance is always too much for a student. We thought it would give her some independence when at Uni. We were delighted when she got into Cambridge. William and I have also said that there is a holiday job here anytime she wants one. I have also written her a reference. Her work was exemplary.
For the amount of trouble she saved me, she took on so much extra with Anya being on maternity.
My best as always,
Buffy Giles
wedding arrangments by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
many thanks to my faithful reviewers. it means a great deal. only One more chapter to go
Dear William,
Just a quick note hidden in your case to wish you good luck with the lecturing. I think you should have a wonderful time. See you next week, be careful of all those co-eds. I wonder how long it will be before they realise that Professor William Giles is Spike Devlin, rock star?
Take care my love.
Buffy




Dear William,
I’m so glad the first week went so well. I would love to have seen your face when you walked into the office to find a half naked young woman on your desk. Thank you for telling me about it. I feel safer knowing. The twins send their love to Daddy.
All my love
Buffy




Dear Faith,
Glad things are going well for you and I am so looking forward to seeing you for Christmas, we’ll pick you up at Glasgow airport on the 22nd.
Love Buffy


Dear Jenny and Giles,
I know writing seems very silly when you are only in the village but I don’t seem to have a moment at the moment. I am actually trying to get organised for Christmas and was wondering if Giles would be so kind as to take the shopping list for the estate children and head into Glasgow for a couple of days and fill it. There are about 100 gifts to get this year. Isn’t it wonderful? We keep getting bigger and bigger. William is trapped in the studio, Willow is flying in with Hazel, and Faith and Robin are due in as well. I’m sure that Jenny has kept you up to date with all the running around. I was wondering if you would play Father Christmas this year for the children’s party? I do hope so.

Must go, I’m going over to Stirling tonight to surprise William, and must admit I’m a little nervous. Halli is being very sweet about my fussing, but I can’t help remembering the last time I tried surprising William.
Buffy




Dear Willow,
I know that you are due here in a month but I am really looking forward to seeing you. Last week I drove over to Stirling where William is lecturing. I had the script for this film they’ve asked him to do and wanted to drop it off to him. I must admit I was very nervous. The last time I surprised him didn’t turn out too well. At least I’m not pregnant this time.
Well I needn’t have been worried. He was delighted to see me, he had a couple of students in his office and was giving them a lecture about the poetry. He rushed out and started kissing me there and then, in front of everyone.
Anyway I feel far safer now, and a lot happier. One of the last shadows has been lifted from my soul. I think I will always be hurt by what happened, but it is the past now.
More important, how is Hazel? I have put you and Oz in the tower again. There is an old dressing room next door, and I’m having it converted into a night nursery. Your nanny can stay in the stable block flats and share use of the day nursery if that’s OK with you, it means Hazel will stay close to you at night and I know your nanny normally only comes in during the daytime anyway.

Things are the peachy side of keen here. William and I had a lovely weekend, nice meals out and long walks. We met one of the other professors. He was a sweetie but hadn’t a clue about William’s other job, kept going on about how hard it is financially for young teachers and lecturers, and what was ‘poor William’ going to do after the contract is finished? He could put in a good word for us. He was an old sweetie. William had introduced me as his fiancée. Then the dear was asking about where we planned to live after we were married. I explained I had a home already and we would be living there, he then hoped it would be big enough for when the babies came along. I nearly killed myself laughing on the inside. We just reassured him and went off to dinner.
The students were another matter. Poor William is having some problems with the females. They’ve had to ask a warden to patrol near his office and he’s keeping it quiet about where he’s living (a lovely little flat in the town). I had enough when the forth or fifth girl came onto him so we went dancing and I did a ‘Faith special’ in front of the student population. Now, before you asked, I kept my clothes on, but I danced like I meant it, and you know what a good dancer William is.
I think that showed them he’s spoken for, that and the rock on my finger.
There were some disappointed looks around the place.
Look forward to seeing you, I know I keep saying it but its true.

Take care, my best to Oz and my love to Hazel.

Buffy




Dear Aunt Elizabeth,
The official invites are going out in three weeks time but I just wanted to confirm that you are alright for Wednesday April 25th?
I’m so glad that Uncle James is giving me away, this time we’re doing everything right. Billy and Joy are really looking forward to the wedding. We’ve got them in Victorian clothes, A little sailor suit for Billy and a very flouncy dress for Joy. All the clothes for the wedding party are based on Victorian designs. We have arranged for the flowers to be done by the local Ladies Flower Guild and have lent them our book of Victorian Flower meanings. They have agreed to make each posy and buttonhole have a different meaning. I am wearing lily of the valley (return of happiness) and Ivy, (marriage) myrtle (love and fertility) in my hair as a crown. The dress is spectacular, a creation of green silk, and off the shoulder.
Looking forward to our shopping trip next month.
All my love,
Buffy
PS I wish Mom were here to see all this.




*



Elizabeth Anne Summers Giles
And
William Giles
Request the pleasure of your company
At the celebration of their marriage
On
Wednesday April 25th 2007
At
2pm
The Old Chapel
Traymour Castle
Traymour
With a buffet to follow in the Great Hall
And a Ball

Carriages at midnight

RSVP
Anya Harris
Traymour Castle







Enclosed:
As William and I have a house and home we are asking that wedding gifts take the shape of gifts to either Royal National Lifeboat Institute
Or
Hill House Children’s Hospital, Glasgow, air ambulance appeal.


Dear Anya,
Could you have 200 of these printed up as we discussed? That should give us about 400 guests in all. I’ll send a list of the most important guests then we’ll go over the rest later.
Buffy




Their Majesties King Charles and Queen Elizabeth
Their Royal Highnesses the Prince and Princess of Wales
His Royal Highness Henry Prince of Wales
Mr. And Mrs Daniel Osbourne
Miss Hazel Osbourne
Mr Richard Devon
Mr and Mrs Alexander Harris
Master Alex Harris
Mr and Mrs Rupert Giles
Miss Tara McClay
Miss Druscilla Lee
Mr and Mrs Liam Angelus
Lady Dawn Summers
Mr Connor Angelus
Mr and Mrs Mark Jackson
Miss Laura Jackson
Miss Faith Lahern
Mr Robin Wood
Mr Lorne Greenwood
Miss Mary Stewart
Mr and Mrs Riley Finn
Sarah, Halli and Dr. Stephanie

The staff from the Farm, and all the lads, roadies etc from Dingos.
Send the usual around the village as well.
Please make sure all the children have their own invite, I want to make sure they know they are welcome. I can’t stand weddings where children aren’t welcome, what’s the use of adults only? Half the fun is seeing what shape the bridesmaids get into with the chocolate. Speaking of which, I would be honoured if you would stand up with me. I know it is more traditional to have unmarried maids, but I want you, Dawn, Tara, Faith, Willow and Dru, and Joy of course. I have found a lovely sailor suit for Billy and he’s going to be in the Grooms’ party. I have been told that Giles is best man, with Oz and Devon as Groomsmen. No American walk down for them; the maids will follow the bride rather than the bride following the maids. We are decorating the church with fresh flowers, every bunch will mean something different, the ladies of the Flower Guild are taking care of that. Jenny is baking a rich fruit cake for me, in fact as we only have two months left, I hope it’s already baked and is now seeping in brandy. As a courtesy towards the American traditions the top layer is going to be sponge, so we’ll be saving the second layer for the christening. It will have five layers, I only hope its enough.
Could you please buy loads of rose petal confetti? I don’t want anyone to run out.
I’m heading down to London to see Stella McCartney next week. I have grovelled lots about changing my mind about the dress and she’s turning the one she had designed into an evening/ Gala dress for me, so it won’t be a waste.
I have also managed to track down some Scottish Gold for the wedding ring for William. It came from one of the panning streams on Traymour Land. I am having a Celtic knot made for him, it’s beautiful. It should be ready to collect from Garrards next week.
As a HUGE favour could you get Xander to check that William has sorted out my ring? I love him but he’s a bit dizzy at the moment. True blond.
I’m hiring a play bus for all the kids and a bouncy castle, there will be magicians and jesters in the gardens, if the weather’s good, if not we’ll put the bouncy castle in the barn and the magician in the tunnels and caves. We thought the jester could wander about the house. There will be bands playing most of the day. And dancing all night.
Could you please have a talk to Jenny about Castle Traditions. I would love another bridal bower but am not supposed to ask. There is a book somewhere in the library with them all written in. I’m sure Giles will have found it during his long searches.
Can’t think of anything else that needs covering. I have told Jenny to order anything she needs for the house and banquet. If she needs more help it’s all authorised. I’m now off to London. Thanks for everything.
Just remember that our Jenny must not do more than an hour on her feet, as the baby is due next month

Buffy
Wedding Day by jamies_lady
Author's Notes:
finally finished. I have really enjoyed writing this and hope you've enjoyed reading it. many thanks to all those who were kind enough to review.
Dear Jenny,

I hope that the three ladies we have hired to take over from you can cope. Thank you so much for offering to oversee everything. I am so very grateful; it was very selfish of me not to count the months ‘til you were due before starting to plan everything. But you rest. I have hired cleaners to see to your house and you are to relinquish any and all duties you can. Sit on the day bed and sling your orders about like a good girl, or Giles will have my guts for garters before the wedding.
Thank you again.
I need you and Giles to pop into the Solicitors office and sign a couple of papers before the end of the month, nothing important, just setting up a trust fund for Giles junior, and before you complain, it’s traditional. I did it for Anya, and I’m doing it for you. Or would you prefer a nice house? There is a ruined farm house over looking the loch with four acres of gardens. We could have it rebuilt for you both, if you’re agreeable.
Much love as always,
Buffy


Dear Mr Parkinson,

I am delighted that you have been kind enough to offer to pay for my wedding in exchange for exclusive photographs, however my fiancé and I must decline your offer. We have no interest in this sort of publicity and feel it would detract from the day.
Yours Sincerely,
Buffy Giles




Dear Anya,
Just heard about the fire in the village last night. I’m glad no one was hurt, but poor family, to lose your home when you’ve only just moved, I’m just grateful that it was confined to the kitchen and sitting room. I know they are staying in the hotel at the moment, but can you go and see them and fix them up with one of the holiday cottages until things are sorted for them, I also want to get cleaning crews into their house ASAP to rescue anything they can. I’m sorry I can’t be there but need a final fitting for the wedding dress. I’m home tomorrow and will do what I can then. Tell Xander to let the village know that they are to get anything they need, Laird’s request. He’ll understand.
If there is any trouble from the insurance company, contact our solicitors and tell them one of the new houses has had a fire, then tell the Managing Director of the insurers what you’ve done. They always try to wriggle out of paying, and I’m fed up of it.
If you need me you know where I am.
Buffy





Dear Aunt Elizabeth,
Only one month to go…
Jenny was safely delivered of a beautiful little girl last night: 6 lb 8 oz…Olivia Elizabeth. I was very honoured and feel humble. And, needless to say, delighted. The little lady is two weeks early, but Jenny says that’s just because she wants to come to the wedding too.
The dresses are ready, as are all the suits.
I am having a hen night, we are waiting until all the girls fly into London and then going out for a night on the town. Starting with dinner at the Ivy, I have booked the table for Friday 20th and already checked, both you and Amy are free, so please join us. I know you can’t go nightclubbing but would be delighted if you would join us for dinner.
I think Xander and Co are organising a stag night, starting at The Globe to see ‘Much ado about Nothing’ by the R.S.C. the same night, then we’re all flying up together to the Castle. I have been given orders to get out the way and let Anya sort it all, and I don’t argue with Anya, she’s scary. She threatened to make me do the accounts by myself, and threatened not to pay my credit card bill, but make me pay that myself. Now you know why I’m doing as I’m told. That and the fact my brain has ceased to function!
Looking forward to seeing you,

Buffy




Dear William,
Here are a dozen invites for you to hand out around Stirling, please let me know (for me please read Anya) who’s coming and who’s not. Is there anyone else you want adding to your list? If so we need to get the names and addresses to the calligrapher by Monday.
I miss you, but only another couple of weeks and you’ll be back. I miss you, sorry said that already. My bed seems very cold without you in it. We have made arrangements for you to stay at The Crypt the night before the wedding and hired a wonderful old Rolls Royce to go to the Chapel. Xander has fixed up an old barouche he found in the carriage house and we have bought a couple of horses to pull it. Anya intends to make money from it afterwards by hiring it out.
Everything is ready for the big day.
I love you so much, thank you for the roses that arrived today. They were gorgeous. I think you must be keeping the florist in business all by yourself.
See you at the weekend,
Buffy



Dear Mrs Jackson,
Yes, of course we are serious about you coming to the wedding! Laura became one of us while she was here and it makes things nicer for her if she has you around. I want to make sure she’s in lots of the photo’s, especially the ones that will be printed. I have a nasty streak sometimes and wonder how her old school ‘friends’ will appreciate the sight of Laura Jackson at Spike Devlin’s wedding?
I really must become a better person, maybe next year? I can hear you laughing from here. But they really did annoy me. That being said, I still want Laura here. Please say yes.
Elizabeth (Giles)





Dear Dawn,
What do you mean you can’t make my Hen night? I hope that is some sort of joke!
Buffy




Dear Dawn,
No it was NOT funny, and I am not laughing. See you on Friday.
Buffy


Dear Lorne,
A quick email before you catch your flight. You have invites to both the Girls’ Hen Night, (meal at the Ivy, on for nightclubbing) or Boys Stag do, (drinks then onto the Globe for a Shakespearean play).
Make you mind up while you’re flying, and we’ll see you here when you get here.
Love Buffy


*

Dear Diary,
I was trying to think who to write to about my wedding, but realised that all the people I normally write to were here. So I thought I’d let you know how it went.
The day dawned bright and beautiful, and I was awoken by all the village girls bringing flowers into my room, it must have been about 8am, and they were all decked out in their best. The men had gone down to wake up William but whereas I got breakfast in bed, he got loud crashes and bangs. He then went off to the pub where they had cooked a huge meal for all the men. It seems that the book on old traditions had been passed around the village and everyone thought they’d have some fun.
I found a scented bath had been run for me, which I thoroughly enjoyed, then the hairdressers and make up girl arrived. We had a silly giggly morning with a bottle of champagne, as well as plenty of nibbles.
My dress was a dream of the palest blue silk, with matching high heeled boots. The others all wore various shades of blue. From turquoise down through sky to royal and looked wonderful; the only one in white was Joy. Billy had been taken off by Xander, after his brekky, to join the men. My hair was done up on top of my head with tendrils falling around my shoulders, which were bare. Crowned by a coronet of Lilly of the Valley, myrtle and ivy with Forget-Me-Nots woven in.
I was carrying the most wonderful bouquet of bridal roses with all the above as well.
We all climbed into the two horse drawn carriages and got to the Old Chapel about five minutes late. The King and I with Joy in the first one, and the rest of the wedding party in the second. The registrar was waiting for me and confirmed that I was there of my own free will. The villagers were all waiting outside, dressed up as well. When I arrived, they all went in and the Music started. There is a piece of music called The Traymour Bride, written in about 1860, and we had that played for me to walk to William.
He looked gorgeous. His hair slicked back and a long morning coat on. Silk shirt and tie. Billy did his part as ring bearer, but poor William looked so nervous. Willow told me later that he was terrified I’d change my mind after everything he put me through. As if I would.
The wedding itself was lovely. A simple service. I refused to ‘obey’ but promised to love and honour. When he asked ‘who gives this woman’, Uncle Charles replied ‘I do, with the blessing of her family’.
Then the next thing I know was we were being pronounced husband and wife, and he was kissing me.
We came out to find the local lads had made a processional arch with bowers from the woods as good luck and we were covered in confetti.
Then everyone made their way back to the castle. Those who had been invited to the banquet went inside, but the villagers went down into the home meadow and found marquees set up with pig roasts, beer tent, and entertainers all day. They had a dance down there whilst the ball went on up at the house. William and I went down and spent about an hour at the villagers’ dance before heading back up to Traymour itself. The whole village followed us up and into the Great Hall, where two thrones had been decorated up with flowers. We sat on them and a cradle was brought in and laid at our feet. It was made up with the most beautiful Victorian lace, then little Olivia Giles, at just one month old, was put into my arms. There was a great cheer and I put her into the Traymour Cradle. It’s an ancient fertility ritual.

The nicest thing was in amongst all that joy we made about £ 7500 for the two charities.

At half past eleven William and I went back to the Crypt for one night alone. They had done the whole house up as a bower for us, flowers and garlands everywhere.
Then, the next morning we set off with the twins and Halli for two weeks in Rome and Florence. Stopping off at Disneyland Paris on the way home. Needless to say Halli was brilliant. We spent every morning with the children, then went off and did our own thing whilst they slept and swam and played and visited child friendly places. Halli speaks about five languages so she had no problems; unlike me. William speaks Italian and French and had never told me; never mind, we have a lifetime to discover each other. Then tea with Joy and Billy; then evenings out for us after they were in bed. I am going to owe that girl a lot of time off when we get home.
I must have sent a hundred post cards, all saying having a wonderful holiday, glad you’re not here. The only one that was different was to Laura, not only did we actually mention that we’d been into the catacombs in Rome, but William signed it Spike Devlin. If she ever ceases to be a fan she’d make a fortune on ebay!
It has been over a month since the wedding and I have asked Jenny to cook a special meal for tonight, I have some wonderful news for William. He’s to be a father again, and this time he’ll be there to share every moment of sickness and cravings I have. Seems Olivia worked her magic at the wedding.
Life couldn’t be better.
Good bye,
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=24568